Stray Fawn Community

The Deadly Isle

Stranger

23 hours ago, YourLocalStranger said:

Also this week I'm having my November assessments so I won't be posting until Friday or maybe Saturday. I might have a very small update on Wednesday though, because the tests we're having on that day are easy. 

Changed my mind, the updates gonna be today

A couple of days after Uvi and the others returned to camp, Momo had a kit. She wouldn't say who the father was. 

gsr.thumb.png.cbb16e457f903d74ab28d0399a993192.png

Uvi and Mimi were beside her. 

'What are you going to name him?' Mimi asked. 

Momo didn't hesitate. 'Hart' 

'That means sun.' Uvi smiled. 

'Its because he's as bright as the sun. He might not have a dad, but I'll do my best to be the best mom he could wish for' Momo was decided. 'He's my son, and I love him' she smiled down at the bundle of bright yellow fur. 

Hart had grown his second gem after a little while. Uvi and Momo were sitting in the clearing and laughing together, while Hart was basking in the sun. 

'Yeah, and then the bearyena launched itself at me, but I got away no problem! I could have killed it but I didn't feel like it at the time.' Uvi was talking loudly. 

'Sure you did. Next you'll tell me you climbed an ape tree and stole the smelling apes nose while it slept' Momo laughed at Uvi's boasts. 

'My nose. Is not. Big.' Uvi huffed, but she was trying not to smile. 

Suddenly Uvi grew serious. 'Uh Momo, you knew when you said that Hart would have to grow up without a dad?' 

Momo nodded. 

'Well, he might not have a dad, but will another mom be alright?..' Uvi stammered out, her usual confidence completely gone. Would Momo feel the same way? What if Uvi had just completely ruined their friendship? 

Momo's eyes widened, before she smiled and curled up to Uvi. 

'I'm sure another mom would be even better than a dad' she whispered, smiling like an idiot. 

yjtdyj.thumb.png.a9c2cdb2d20d280e9d999d729369406c.png

(they are lesbeans 💖💖💞💞💓💕

• Like 1
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, YourLocalStranger said:

A couple of days after Uvi and the others returned to camp, Momo had a kit. She wouldn't say who the father was. 

gsr.thumb.png.cbb16e457f903d74ab28d0399a993192.png

Uvi and Mimi were beside her. 

'What are you going to name him?' Mimi asked. 

Momo didn't hesitate. 'Hart' 

'That means sun.' Uvi smiled. 

'Its because he's as bright as the sun. He might not have a dad, but I'll do my best to be the best mom he could wish for' Momo was decided. 'He's my son, and I love him' she smiled down at the bundle of bright yellow fur. 

Hart had grown his second gem after a little while. Uvi and Momo were sitting in the clearing and laughing together, while Hart was basking in the sun. 

'Yeah, and then the bearyena launched itself at me, but I got away no problem! I could have killed it but I didn't feel like it at the time.' Uvi was talking loudly. 

'Sure you did. Next you'll tell me you climbed an ape tree and stole the smelling apes nose while it slept' Momo laughed at Uvi's boasts. 

'My nose. Is not. Big.' Uvi huffed, but she was trying not to smile. 

Suddenly Uvi grew serious. 'Uh Momo, you knew when you said that Hart would have to grow up without a dad?' 

Momo nodded. 

'Well, he might not have a dad, but will another mom be alright?..' Uvi stammered out, her usual confidence completely gone. Would Momo feel the same way? What if Uvi had just completely ruined their friendship? 

Momo's eyes widened, before she smiled and curled up to Uvi. 

'I'm sure another mom would be even better than a dad' she whispered, smiling like an idiot. 

yjtdyj.thumb.png.a9c2cdb2d20d280e9d999d729369406c.png

(they are lesbeans 💖💖💞💞💓💕

omg lesbeans *insert lesbian flag emoji here* 

i kinda want to make Venom from my playthrough pan bc i feel like he would love anyone no matter what they look like or identify as. he's a good boi 💖

• Paw up 1

Rain walked up to Rama, a real anger burning in her. Rain was never quick to anger, except when it came to bearyena. Being the next leader was her right. She was the firstborn. Besides, Giya was only a child! How is she meant to lead a tribe?

'Rama' She said through gritted teeth. 'We need to talk'

'Hmm?'

rgdeiu.thumb.png.1ab305aab44fc79b222b1bf93e0e19eb.png

'Did you tell Giya she would be leader after father... leaves?' Rain was trying her best to keep the venom out of her voice.

'I did. She is the daughter of the leaders, is she not?' Rama looked completely calm, which enraged Rain all the more.

'LEADER! SHE IS THE SECONDBORN DAUGHTER OF THE LEADER!' Rain exploded. 'YOU... don't count as a leader'

'In my old tribe, the child of the two CURRENT leaders becomes their successor.' Rama hissed.

Rain pounced on Rama, knocking her onto her back. 'Well here's a fact: This isnt your tribe. As long as you're here, you follow our rules.' Rain said quietly, venom seeping from her voice.

Rama knocked her off and backed away. 'Have it your way' she hissed, a note of fear in her voice. She walked off. Rain felt the anger melt away and the guilt beginning to take it's place. She stalked off in a huff, not willing to think about it for any longer. She shouldn't have done that. She shouldn't have threatened her.

On the other side of the territory, Momo's family found a healing fruit. On the way back Hart was thoughtful.

'Everything allright?' Uvi asked.

'Mom, that fruit, could I maybe keep it?' Hart said quietly. He had always been shy and unable to ask for things.

'Hart, It'd start rotting after a day' Uvi laughed. 'You can take the one back at camp, If you like'

'Won't Filan be mad?' Hart said unhappily.

'Not If you tell him why you want It' Uvi said. 'Say, why do you want It?'

'I... I think I want to help heal creatures, like Filan!' Hart said excitedly.

'Then I guess we have to go talk to him then, maybe he'll show you how it all works'

fgdu.thumb.png.9e2df94994a1be79442c2cacfbbe55a9.png

A rabbit sat in the grasses, munching on a weed. It didn't notice the dark shadow creeping up behind it. At the last second it let out a squeak before its neck was snapped. Kevi held up the rabbit and grinned.

'Im pretty spry for my age amn't I?' Kevi joked. Filan lazily walked up behind him. "Youre not even that old' he smiled, before leaning in and grabbing the rabbit off Kevi.

gh.thumb.png.e8372e6a3d71f9d19ebb97af9081d787.png

'Hey!' Kevi huffed, taking it back. Filan let him, and rolled onto his back, lazing in the sun. 'Maybe it wasn't such a bad idea coming here.'

'You thought it was a bad idea?' Kevi asked in between mouthfulls of rabbit.

'Yeah. Back on the old island everything was safe. With the amount of bearyenas here I was afraid it was just going to be a repeat of... before. I wasn't always part of this tribe. I had a different tribe, but they made the mistake of moving to a dangerous island' Filan said quietly. Kevi stopped eating and lied down next to his friend. 'At that island we were attacked by balance bears, and nearly everyone was wiped out. Im... Im just glad its safe here. There's lots of food, only downside is that I have to deal with you everyday' Filan grinned, most of the sadness leaving his eyes. Kevi pretended to be hurt and then threw the rest of the rabbit at Filan.

'Thanks' Filan smirked, running off with the rabbit. Kevi followed. 'Wait, Im too old for this!'

When Kevi caught up with him they spent a moment in silence.

'Im glad you're happy here' Kevi smiled nudging Filan. Filan did't say anything, he only smiled back.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, YourLocalStranger said:

Me when I WANT to write, I HAVE the motivation but I also DON'T WANT TO AT THE SAME TIME AGHHHHH. (translation: I might not post for a day or two) 

understandable. tho the main reason im not posting on mine is bc im too obsessed with pokemon violet to play niche and i have exams for the rest of the week

9 minutes ago, AndromedaTheGalaxyCat said:

understandable. tho the main reason im not posting on mine is bc im too obsessed with pokemon violet to play niche and i have exams for the rest of the week

Good luck on your exams! 👍 (and yeah I'm also playing other games than niche rn lol) 

Hart had been practicing his hunting. He wanted to be just as good as hid mom, Uvi, when he was older but he got increasingly frustrated as the rabbits kept jumping away. He stood stock still in the grass, watching the bright white bundle of fur. Just a second more.... He leaped out of the grass, swiping at the rabbit,but it squeaked and moved out of the way just in time. He groaned angrily. 

'How can I be a good hunter if I can't even hunt a rabbit!' he yelled, scaring whatever animals were still there away. 

'You obviously need someone to teach you.' Hart almost jumped out of his fur, before returning to his usual quiet demeanor. 'W-who's there?!' 

'Pfft, only me you nervy rabbit' Hart saw Giya jump out of the grasses. She had a wide grin in her face, as if this was funny to her. 'I can teach myself how to hunt.' He huffed. 'Why don't you just ask one of your mom's?' Giya said. 'Rain taught me how to hunt' 

'I could but....' Hart began. 'but I want this to be a surprise for them. When I bring home a lot of food then they'll be very happy.' 

'Fair enough.' Giya shrugged. 'Too bad you still need a teacher' Hart considered it for a moment. 'Alright, I do need your help.' He admitted. 

'Then lets get started!' She smiled. The two spent the entire rest of the day hunting, and when Hart finally caught something, he raced back home to show it to his parents. 

aihu.thumb.png.2f49875654226edb251b14cb0ef8f66c.png

• Like 1
  • Love 1

jyrd.thumb.png.57801c096e12fef9126fcab5470e5fa1.png

Talian had called everyone into the center of the territory. At this point in his life, he was old and had grey fur. Worried chatter filled the clearing. Meetings weren't called unless it was something important. Talian clambered up onto the rock and started speaking. 

'Thank you all for coming. I would like to announce a couple of things. Let's start with the good news, the amount of food we have is more than enough to keep us going for a little while, so we don't have to worry about that anymore. Onto the bad news..' Talian looked almost sad for a moment, which surprised Rain, because he was the most stoic creature she knew. ' Rama... Rama is dead. She died last night.' Talian said. 'And I'm not getting younger. As per our customs, when Rain becomes leader the tribe must move territory, preferably to another tree' 

The tribe exchanged shocked looks. They knew Rama was old but they didn't know her end would be so soon. Giya hung her head and did her best not to start crying, Rain comforting her quietly. But the silent moment was interrupted by Talian. He started swaying, he gave a small cough, and then fell of the rock. Filan and Giya immediately rushed over. 

'He's not breathing!' Giya cried, close to bursting out in tears. 'Filan do something! Do something!' 

Filan tried to get him to wake up, but nothing worked. Eventually he said as loud as he could, that Talian was dead. 

It was only an hour after Talian had died. No one was expecting it. Giya was in shambles, Rain was doing her best to focus on what they had to do next. A huge bearyena was stalking the tribe in the grasses. A roar sounded, and it jumped out onto Hart. He screamed, trying to squirm out from under it, and it almost snapped his neck. But Momo ran at it with full speed, and did her best to claw through its thick hide. 

ikjif.thumb.png.a7e17df7ceedc4dec5dae38b4f600e15.png

'Hart!' Giya screamed. She wouldn't let another person close to her die. She launched herself at it, trying to knock it over onto the stream. 

yw4a.thumb.png.5f8c45566f0be70a1965df188abcfe9c.png

They all fought fiercely, and it looked like they were going to win against the monster. Rain was about to strike the killing blow, ending the creature for good, when it suddenly turned around and hit Momo, snapping her body like a twig. Rain jumped onto the bearyena and clawed it until it stopped moving, but it was too late. Momo was dead.

jyrsj.thumb.png.f3f9f9d9b62626d327933838d1614545.png

Uvi and Hart both went to her and started crying, though Uvi was trying to hide it. 

'We're leaving.' Rain said hoarsely. 'Now.'

Rains head spun, and it felt like her whole world was falling apart. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

4 hours ago, YourLocalStranger said:

jyrd.thumb.png.57801c096e12fef9126fcab5470e5fa1.png

Talian had called everyone into the center of the territory. At this point in his life, he was old and had grey fur. Worried chatter filled the clearing. Meetings weren't called unless it was something important. Talian clambered up onto the rock and started speaking. 

'Thank you all for coming. I would like to announce a couple of things. Let's start with the good news, the amount of food we have is more than enough to keep us going for a little while, so we don't have to worry about that anymore. Onto the bad news..' Talian looked almost sad for a moment, which surprised Rain, because he was the most stoic creature she knew. ' Rama... Rama is dead. She died last night.' Talian said. 'And I'm not getting younger. As per our customs, when Rain becomes leader the tribe must move territory, preferably to another tree' 

The tribe exchanged shocked looks. They knew Rama was old but they didn't know her end would be so soon. Giya hung her head and did her best not to start crying, Rain comforting her quietly. But the silent moment was interrupted by Talian. He started swaying, he gave a small cough, and then fell of the rock. Filan and Giya immediately rushed over. 

'He's not breathing!' Giya cried, close to bursting out in tears. 'Filan do something! Do something!' 

Filan tried to get him to wake up, but nothing worked. Eventually he said as loud as he could, that Talian was dead. 

It was only an hour after Talian had died. No one was expecting it. Giya was in shambles, Rain was doing her best to focus on what they had to do next. A huge bearyena was stalking the tribe in the grasses. A roar sounded, and it jumped out onto Hart. He screamed, trying to squirm out from under it, and it almost snapped his neck. But Momo ran at it with full speed, and did her best to claw through its thick hide. 

ikjif.thumb.png.a7e17df7ceedc4dec5dae38b4f600e15.png

'Hart!' Giya screamed. She wouldn't let another person close to her die. She launched herself at it, trying to knock it over onto the stream. 

yw4a.thumb.png.5f8c45566f0be70a1965df188abcfe9c.png

They all fought fiercely, and it looked like they were going to win against the monster. Rain was about to strike the killing blow, ending the creature for good, when it suddenly turned around and hit Momo, snapping her body like a twig. Rain jumped onto the bearyena and clawed it until it stopped moving, but it was too late. Momo was dead.

jyrsj.thumb.png.f3f9f9d9b62626d327933838d1614545.png

Uvi and Hart both went to her and started crying, though Uvi was trying to hide it. 

'We're leaving.' Rain said hoarsely. 'Now.'

Rains head spun, and it felt like her whole world was falling apart. 

NOOOO MOMO THE SHIP IS RUINED 

also talian literally died just like mistystar from warriors. he just. fell and died

• Haha 3

The tribe had been travelling for a few days now, towards the distant silhouette of another tree. Giya had been quiet all the way, and she wasn't even excited when she gained her third gem. She just sighed, and walked off to sit by the stream. Rain followed after her and sat beside her sister. 

'Hey, how are you holding up?' Rain asked quietly. Giya just shrugged. 'I thought, I thought gaining my third gem would make me feel different. Stronger. But I just feel the same as yesterday' Giya said dejectedly. 

'You might not feel stronger, but you really are! I'm sure your mom and dad are really proud of you!' Rain smiled at her sister. Giya did her best to smile back. Where were her parents now? What were they doing? Did they miss her? Could they still even miss people? 'And I know I'm proud of you' Rain finished. 

'... Thank you Rain' Giya whispered, sinking into her sisters soft fur. Then, Rain started to grin. 'Did I ever tell you about the day I got my third gem? Because when I woke up, the first thing I saw was a bearyena..... 

The two spent the next few moments talking happily. Maybe everything would be okay for the tribe. 

itdi.thumb.png.70ad1a58301d0fa87a22e179e343b2fa.png

Uvi had been walking ahead, when she smelt a scent she hadn't smelled in a long time. She bolted into the grasses, following the nicheling she smelled. She heard someone calling behind her for her to wait, but she didn't listen. She crashed into a black furred creature with piercing blue eyes, and a missing paw. 

The creatures eyes widened. 'Uvi!? What are you doing here? I thought I'd never see you again!' 

'Wish!' Uvi yelled her brothers name. 'It's been so long, I thought you were dead or something' Uvi grinned as she hugged her brother. 

'How nice' Wish grunted from under Uvi's thick fur. But he was grinning as well, glad to finally see his little sister again. 

cufd.thumb.png.89215d70fded45cde65fd98374bc406a.png

When Rain came over later, she allowed Wish to stay. They needed new members anyway. 

The tribe finally arrived at the new tree. Filan and Kevi were first there. 

'Its not much different from the old one' Kevi smiled. His dark fur had been graying, his steps becoming more unsure. Filan smiled for a moment, before a frown crossed his face. 

'Kevi we're...' He began quietly. 'We are not getting any younger. I know my day will be soon.'  Kevi sighed and looked at his friend. 

'You're right. I think I'd like to die close to my family Filan. And that means you too'  Filan leaned into his friends warm fur. 'Thank you Kevi. For everything.' 

'Same here' smiled Kevi. 

tat.thumb.png.07d502d9a9c6609aecf76eb36046ae75.png

That night the two fell asleep, Mimi close to her dad. And the next day, only Filan woke up. His breath was raggedy and his bones looked weak. Sadness pooled in both their eyes when they saw Kevi wasn't breathing. 

ikui.thumb.png.9d6d0f5c2ebe6f69d60571db449d2882.png

But none of them even had time to mourn, because a huge bearyena emerged form the grasses, right next to Filans face. 

hxtj.thumb.png.45b87bb414ce155f8710197bac2d5485.png

Visio growled and leapt at it, scratching and biring it. Mimi joined in, trying to call the rest of the tribe over. Rain leapt forward, and the bearyena locked its red, evil eyes on her.

jdkjy.thumb.png.efe6f54ed87fae37448ffd2a8c7a474c.png

It jumped and clawed Rains face, blinding her. The others tried to get it off of her, but it was relentless. Visio finally struck the killing blow, and they shoved the bearyena off Rain. But it was too late. Rain was dead. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Giya shakily stood up onto the tree stump, trying to calm everyone down. She had lost everyone. It took all she had to not start crying in from of the whole tribe, but she had to be strong. For her family. 

Not two days later, another bearyena attacked. This one looked older and a bit weaker. Hart and Visio started attacking it. 

Suddenly, it pulled back its claw and looked and if it was going to snap Harts body in two. But in a blur of red fur, Filan knocked Hart over, taking the blow. No no no. Not again. 

IMG_20221210_101708.thumb.png.4976aa4a8ad40ffdbea9122422a8e823.png

Harts mind went back to his mom, how she had died. He yelled as loud as he could and kept scratching and biting the bearyena. The whole battle took two creatures, Uvi and Filan. 

ikjdki.thumb.png.9767150ef6506ddd1f903047c008f914.png

Visio and Hart went wearily back to the rest of the tribe, and Hart felt so sad he thought he would burst. 

A few days pass as normal, when another bearyena went out of the grasses. 

'COME ON!' Giya screamed in frustration. This bearyena was younger, and she took it down with ease. 

jtdj.thumb.png.1146773b36d8bcd8974c1d3bef628f01.png

After that Hart went over to her. It took him a while, but he realised they had both lost their family's. At least Hart still had Uncle Wish and Aunt Mimi, but Giya had no one. 

'Hey. You, uh, you think this tribe will do okay?' Hart asked her, needing some reassurance. 

'We'll do fine.' Giya said, her head held high. Her eyes softened slightly. 'Hart I've been meaning to ask you something.' Harts eyes widened with curiosity. 

'I.. Do you want to be my mate?' Giya blurted out, before looking down at her paws. 'Yes!' Hart grinned. 'I love you too!' they both smiled and hugged each other. 

kk.thumb.png.fc047742d7eafab5b5f5aadaea4382bf.png

A moon passed as normal, and the tribe was getting back on their feet. That night however, Visio quietly died in her sleep. The next morning the tribe mourned. Wish comforted Mimi, but left her alone to think by herself for a moment. Out of all of the tribe, Mimi had been closest to Visio. 

jyk.thumb.png.21516f0164ffebd8f5c0ab7ddbc3f35b.png

(I actually forgot who the other skeleton was, sorry) 

Aihu walked through the grass, letting her nose lead the way. Today was a beautiful day, the sun was shining down on her golden brown pelt. Close behind her, Ryll was huffing and puffing as if she was about to die. 'Slow down!' Ryll said sternly. The pink-fur was the closest thing Aihu had to a mother. So that meant disobeying her. 

'Can't catch me!' Aihu laughed. She ran ahead, and stumbled into a clearing where a creature about Ryll's age was lying down. The black and yellow furred creature looked up and smiled. 

'And who might you be?' she smiled. Aihu paused for a moment. Was it a good idea to give a strange creature her name? Aihu decided it angered Ryll, so it was a good idea. 'My names Aihu!' she smiled. 

Ryll finally caught up with her. She glanced at the stranger before introducing herself. 'My names Ryll. We are sorry for intruding' 

The stranger laughed. 'No need to be sorry. My names Mimi, its nice to meet you two. I'm part of a tribe. We used to be bigger, but then again, bearyena are awful creatures' Mimi gestured at the bones beside her sadly. Both Aihu and Ryll felt a pang of sympathy for Mimi and they agreed to join the tribe. More food and bearyena protection for both of them then. 

jjkjkt.thumb.png.26c2e9d780163ed4800a910a3bee1c6d.png

• Like 2

Two moons later, Wish passed in the night. The little tribe huddled together sadly. But like an angel of death, a curse that's been following them ever since Talian died, a bearyena appeared, it's dark fur blocking out the weak light of the moon. 

IMG_20221211_104711.thumb.png.a772ad8b94170d0f5dd4eda650f669a9.png

Giya glanced around the small tribe. They weren't strong enough. The bearyena would kill them. 

'RUN!' she yelled, and the entire tribe dashed away. Those awful creatures must have figured out this was their home, the tribe wouldn't be safe here again. 

~

After a while of running they paused for a moment. Hart went ahead to see if there were any more dangers ahead, but instead he walked straight into an orange furred creature. She had a dead rabbit In her claws. 

'Hey! Who are you!' she hissed. Hart stepped back quickly, making sure she didn't feel threatened. 'My names Hart, my tribe is just back there. Would you like to join?' 

'My names Fay.' The orange creature replied, relaxing a bit. She looked at the tribe. If she was going to be honest with herself, the amount of bearyena on the island was worrying. Some extra protection wouldn't hurt. 'Alright.' Fay flicked her ear. 

20221211125538_1.thumb.jpg.3cf4291fda20b120639ccebd139187a3.jpg

20221211130350_1.thumb.jpg.78cb80be9e4d80c9d4a5128d497de9b2.jpg

~

Giya has been leading the tribe back to their old camp. Tradition didn't really matter when they were about to die. When they got there, they found that someone had already made themselves comfortable. 

'What are you doing here!' Ryll hissed at the spiky stranger. The stranger ignored her and took the healing fruit, eating it in one go. Finally, she turned back to Ryll. 'I am here because this is my territory, so buzz off' she huffed. Ryll stood up a bit straighter. 'My names Ryll, and I am part of a much larger tribe, so I suggest you either join us or leave.' She did her best to glare at the stranger.

'A tribe?' the strangers eyes seemed to glitter. 'That's cool my names Molli and I'm joining you can take the territory I don't mind and by the way who is your leader and-' Molli said it all in one breath, and she looked as if she was going to take another breath, but Ryll put a paw over Molli's mouth. 'Well come on then, let's show you to the leader, we don't have all day to listen to you chattering.' Ryll said, glad that Molli had accepted joining the tribe, because she hated to chase someone off their rightfull territory. 

20221211130519_1.thumb.jpg.c17658a6a3c8a2db3a329efda16e8b97.jpg

20221211130546_1.thumb.jpg.b84775f7549429ff963f2d862cb164ea.jpg

~

Giya looked down at the nest she was born in. She didn't want to admit it, but she was kind of happy to be back here. To be back home. She layed down in the nest and the next day a brightly coloured bundle of fur lay in the nest with her. Hart was close by, looking happily at his family. 'We should call her Gale.' smiled Giya. 'That's a beautiful name for a beautiful kit' Hart agreed, giving the kit a lick. 

20221211131142_1.thumb.jpg.397cc07afccc37d543d72cc249947f4c.jpg

On the other side of the camp, Mimi stumbled upon a spotted kit. It was shivering and its tail haid been ripped clean off. 'Oh, you poor thing' Mimi whispered, picking it up and bringing it to a warm nest, patching up its shredded tail. It was so young it hadn't even opened its eyes yet. The next day it looked about itself and started mewing happily. Mimi was very relieved, as it looked like he was going to live. 'I doubt you have a name yet, little one' Mimi pondered as she fed the hungry kit a berry. 'How do you feel about Ilfen? Do you mind being called that?' Mimi gave the kit another berry. He had quite the appetite. 

20221211130935_1.thumb.jpg.53c964b830ae8978faa9b05a4402eba1.jpg

~

Aihu had been picking berries at the edge of the territory. She would never admit it to the leader, but she was bored. Life as a wanderer was dangerous, but definately more exciting. Suddenly, Fay walked up behind her, startling her. 

'Hey! Don't sneak up on me like that you dummy!' Aihu snapped, quite irritated. 'Maybe it's you who should work on looking around yourself instead of having your head up in the clouds' Fay grunted back. 'Besides, I'm only here to tell you that Ryll is looking for you' 

'Of course' Aihu grumbled. 'Ryll is so overprotective, I'm out of her sight for five seconds and she thinks I've been eaten or something'. Fay seemed more curious than annoyed now. 'So is she your mom or what?' Fay pried.

'I don't have a mom.' Aihu shrugged. 'She was part of my old tribe, and when everyone split apart because there wasn't enough food, Ryll decided to be the one to take care of me'. Now it was Aihu's turn to ask the questions. 'What about you? Were you ever part of a tribe?' 

'Oh no, I wasnt' Fay answered, absentmindedly digging up a root. 'I was always a loner, and I moved to this island in search of more food, but there are way too much bearyena for me to ever be comfortable'. 

'You get used to it' Aihu grinned. A loud voice pierced the relative calm of the afternoon. 'AIHU IF YOU DON'T COME BACK HERE RIGHT NOW I'M GOING TO THROW YOU INTO A RIVER!' Ryll yelled across at Aihu. 'Would she actually throw you into a river?!' Fay whisper-yelled. 'Probably not' Aihu grinned again, before running down to where Ryll was waiting. 

20221211130850_1.thumb.jpg.7b37daafbdd0c86b03417a5e0beaccb2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

8 hours ago, Chiyanna said:

Man this tribe has had some bad luck.  Good to see them up on their feet again. 

Who's the leader right now anyway? 

Bad luck is this tribes whole thing lol. 

And Giya is the leader because she is Rain's sister so when Rain died she was next in line. 

• Paw up 1

Time passed and the tribe lived in peace. Bearyena had finally stopped plaguing them, and new members had arrived or been born. The food supply was higher than it had ever been, and the territory was large and well maintained. It seemed Giya's only problem was a spotted yellow kit named Ilfen. Ilfen had a short temper, which would be alright with her except that he also hated people. She didn't really understand it. Ilfen hated making eye contact, preferring to look at his paws or to the side of the other creatures face. He had no idea how to comfort others and most of the time he got defensive over the smallest things. No one really liked spending time with him except his mother, because whenever he talked he was either angry or looked as if he was devoid of emotions. Giya had no idea how to deal with him, even though she was friendly with almost all the tribe, so she left him alone most of the time. Everyone else did the same. 

~

20221211131314_1.thumb.jpg.d54a71e55d8adcabc1d8c1c54be2f1ed.jpg

Mimi sighed to herself. It was time to tell him. She wasn't getting any younger, and she knew if she didn't tell him he wasn't her kit by blood now, she might never have the chance to, and she wanted Ilfen to know the truth. 

'Ilfen, come over here please' she called out. Ilfen had been trying to learn how to hunt a rabbit, but he was weak, and even if his timing and pounce was perfect, he could never kill the rabbit. He walked over to his mother in a huff, but when he sat down beside her he took a deep breath. He remembered Mimis words. Save your anger. Don't let it out on people who you care for. He took another breath and then looked at Mimi, not saying anything. 

'Ilfen, I've been meaning to say to you..' she started, and there was guilt in her voice. 'You're... You're not my child by blood Ilfen. I found you half dead at the edge of the territory one day and I wasn't going to just leave you there. I raised you as my own but I think it's time you knew the truth.' 

He stood stock still, trying to process it all. Who was his real mother then? Did he have a father? Were they still out there? Did they even want him? 'I know you might be mad' Mimi said softly. 'And I want you to know that if you do want to find your real parents I support it. But I also love you as if you were my own, and that's not going to ever stop, okay?' Mimi smiled warmly. 

'Yeah, okay' Ilfen said quietly, staring at his paws. 'I need to be alone for a minute!' he blurted out before bounding off, as quick as a rabbit. Mimi could only look sadly after him. 

20221211131458_1.thumb.jpg.11c8261eb8434ee03eaff5597136c7d5.jpg

Ilfen ran out as far as he could. He found a plant to sit by and decided it was a good enough place to stay for a while. He wasn't born inside the clan. Was that why no one liked him? He did his best to make friends, but he didn't know how, and he always messed it up. At least Mimi loved him, he decided. Mimi was hid mom and nothing was going to change that. He stood up to leave but a growl stopped him. It was coming from the bushes.... 

20221211131506_1.thumb.jpg.9323bf8396f16f2e68f7d3d061428992.jpg

A bearyena leaped out at him reaching out to claw him. It would have hit his tail, if he had one. But next time it didn't miss. It hit him in the head, tearing off his left ear. He yowled in pain and ran, trying to see past his pain. He eventually outran it, he was quick, but he decided to let no one know. He'd just ask Hart for the healing fruit and leave. No one had to know he failed fighting off a bearyena. 

~

(a few moons earlier) 

'Well done!' Hart laughed as he saw his daughter effortlessly take down a rabbit. She smiled happily and brought it back to Giya, who was also beaming. What was even better was that Gale showed every sign of wanting to be leader. It was almost too good to be true. 

20221211131422_1.thumb.jpg.1e6dac9b842334aeee2476e7d3581f7a.jpg

'Do you think we should have another kit?' asked Giya. She had always loved children. 

'I think we should' grinned Hart. 

~

(now) 

A strong looking kit mewed quietly in the nest. Giya and Hart decided to name him Farin. Their moment was broken by Ilfen stumbling towards the healing plant. He passed for a none tand looked around, before realising he probably shouldn't be here right now. 

20221211131711_1.thumb.jpg.9167b610464e20ce925ca6d52e79c1eb.jpg

'I-I'm sorry I didn't mean to intrude, I'll leave right now' he spun around, turning to leave, before Giya called after him. 'Wait, your ear is hurt, take the fruit' Ilfen mumbled a quick thank you before speeding away. 'I really don't know what's wrong with him' grumbled Hart. 

~

'I don't know Molli, what If he doesn't love me anymore?' Mimi worried. Molli comforted her. 'Come on, you raised him, why would he not love you?' Mimi opened her mouth to say something but was interrupted by a rustling in the bushes. 'Ilfen, is that you?' Mimi called. 

A bearyena emerged from the grass, jumping onto Molli. Molli managed to throw it off, and a fight ensued. 

20221211131721_1.thumb.jpg.c1f322e82235b186b4384b42834c5337.jpg

Mimi and Molli fought fiercely, but the bearyena threw itself at Molli, bit down on her and shook her. Mimi finally clawed across the beasts back, making it growl in pain, before throwing it against a rock, dashing it's brains out. 

20221211131748_1.thumb.jpg.31decbc15185800cfddefe4698a1f5e4.jpg

'Molli?!' she tried to shake her friend awake, but Molli was dead. A great sadness fell over Mimi. She hadn't known Molli that well, but she had been a young creature, ready for the world. The bearyena should have just taken me. Mimi's dark thoughts were interrupted by the sun setting on the horizon. She quickly but carefully buried Molli, going off to tell the tribe of the news. 

20221211131917_1.thumb.jpg.b840bc7dcf92394b9ccbeef90d710238.jpg

Ilfen still couldn't believe it. Molli had been killed. Guilt wracked through him, because he knew it must have been the same bearyena that attacked him. It followed him back to camp and he hadn't told anyone and now poor Molli had payed the price for it. He stared at his paws, as he always did, but there were tears in his eyes this time. It was all his fault and he couldn't even tell anyone because they might hate him even more, they might exile him to fend for himself. 

'B-but it didn't hurt you, d-did it mum?' he managed to stammer out. 'No.' Mimi whispered. 'I'm alright'. The two hugged each other tightly. She noticed his ear completely missing, and being a smart creature, connected the dots. But she didn't say anything. Now was probably the worst time to say it, with all the tribe in mourning. The next day Giya asked every one to be more vigilant, and to be on the lookout for the scent of bearyena. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1