Stray Fawn Community

The Deadly Isle

Stranger

Giya had been strolling near the edges of the territory. She looked down the hillside at her chattering tribe mates. The wind ruffled her fur and she couldn't help but smile, her family must be proud of her for getting the tribe this far. She only wished she could see her sister one more time. Her thoughts were interrupted by a rustling coming from the bushes, and a small squeak as a lot of branches snapped. Giya advanced carefully, before leaping through the bushes towards whatever was making the sound. Her readiness to fight a bearyena quickly gave way to surprise. A dark brown creature with strange bright stripes and a fearsome claw lay there, no small amount of fear in the poor things eyes. The creature looked young, and their already mangled paw was caught in a thicket of poison berries. 

20221211132319_1.thumb.jpg.33c2ae4acbffdf127c4f10eadd1199a7.jpg

The stranger held her head up high. 'Are you going to kill me?' she asked, trying to keep the fear from her voice. 

'Of course not' Giya said briskly, but kindly. She ripped the bush apart with one swipe of her claws, freeing the stranger. 'My names Giya, in the leader of a tribe. Do you know that you wandered into our territory?' 

'I uh, I didn't know I just smelt food so I followed the smell. Wasn't really paying attention to where I was going' the dark fur shrugged. 'My names Jefi, could I uh, could I join?' 

'Of course' smiled Giya. 'Follow me, we're always looking for people who might want to join. This island isn't exactly the safest place, is it?' Giya voice grew more serious at that last part. Jefi only nodded and followed, glad to finally have some food. 

20221211132310_1.thumb.jpg.1a88b260123b8173c3dc1d7cd5837e2c.jpg

~

Mimi was sitting in the nest. She was very old now, but still glad to keep the young Farin company. She told stories of her old island, that she didn't really know if they were true or not because it was her dad who had told her, but they were still fun to tell. Farin gazed wide eyed at her, babbling along to stories of balance bears and foxes, fearsome bearyena and cold-hearted bluebirds. 

20221211132013_1.thumb.jpg.8ea2bfb2c9732f0d12f2e63a9cac712d.jpg

Ilfen sat nearby, listening in. He already knew all these stories, he'd heard them many times before, but he still loved to listen in quietly. It sort of calmed him, hearing tales of brave warriors who saved their tribes by single handedly fighting off a balance bear. Maybe he could be like that one day? 

Hart had come over. He thanked Mimi for minding Farin, and then left, calling for Gale. It was just Mimi and Ilfen now, and Ilfen decided he should tell her. That it was his fault Molli died. He walked over and opened his mouth to say something, but he found that he couldn't say a thing. Mimi looked at him. 

'This is about Molli, isn't it?' she spoke softly. Ilfen stood shocked for a moment. 

'H-how did you know?' This made no sense. If she knew, why didn't she hate him already? 

Mimi smiled comfortingly, letting Ilfen curl up beside her. 'I knew ever since I came back to the camp and I saw that ear of yours. I didn't really think it was a coincidence that you ran off, then that same day you lose an ear, and Molli dies.' 

'I didn't mean to...' Ilfen whispered. 'It attacked me, and, and I felt stupid that I couldn't fight back and that I ran off, so I didn't tell anyone there was a bearyena, I thought it ran off, that I was too far from the territory for it to smell anyone else...' 

'Why didn't you tell me love?' Mimi laid her head down and closed her eyes, knowing her son would be more comfortable that way. 

'I thought you'd hate me!' he cried. 'I thought you would think it was my fault, and that you wouldn't love me anymore! I'm sorry, I didn't want her to die! I'm sorry!' Ilfen felt angry and sad and frustrated all at the same time, and it felt like the worst thing in the world. Why couldn't he just be perfect, like Gale? 

'Ilfen, calm, its okay, you didn't do it on purpose' Mimis voice grew more serious. 'But remember, you must be careful. You have to look around yourself, because your mistakes might hurt you, but they could also hurt others.' Mimi stroked Ilfens torn ear. 'Promise me, promise me you'll do your best to care for others as well as yourself?' 

Ilfen paused for a moment, then nodded. It was his fault Molli died, whether he meant it to happen or not, but he wouldn't let anything like this happen ever again. 

But Mimi had already begun worrying about something else. 'Ilfen, I know you don't do well around people. Gale and Giya are kind, they won't kick you out for mistakes you didn't mean to happen. But I can already see Farin is different. He is strong, and wants others around him to be strong as well. I see how he gets frustrated when he wins the play fights with his sister over and over again. If something were to happen to Gale, and if he became leader then there is a chance you could be in danger.' she paused for a moment. There was real worry in her eyes. 'So do your best to be very good at something, something he needs, like hunting. Then he won't ever have a good reason to kick you out.'

Ilfen nodded fervently, and then they both watched the sun set in silence. 'I love you mum.' Ilfen whispered. 

'I love you too.' Mimi smiled.

20221211132236_1.thumb.jpg.8f89d1f26f2cc5718551a4d0c4aac295.jpg

But Ilfen was scared that night, and all he had heard was, 'be useful to others, or else no one will want you around' 

That night Mimi passed in her sleep, and the whole tribe mourned her. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Just now, YourLocalStranger said:

Giya had been strolling near the edges of the territory. She looked down the hillside at her chattering tribe mates. The wind ruffled her fur and she couldn't help but smile, her family must be proud of her for getting the tribe this far. She only wished she could see her sister one more time. Her thoughts were interrupted by a rustling coming from the bushes, and a small squeak as a lot of branches snapped. Giya advanced carefully, before leaping through the bushes towards whatever was making the sound. Her readiness to fight a bearyena quickly gave way to surprise. A dark brown creature with strange bright stripes and a fearsome claw lay there, no small amount of fear in the poor things eyes. The creature looked young, and their already mangled paw was caught in a thicket of poison berries. 

20221211132319_1.thumb.jpg.33c2ae4acbffdf127c4f10eadd1199a7.jpg

The stranger held her head up high. 'Are you going to kill me?' she asked, trying to keep the fear from her voice. 

'Of course not' Giya said briskly, but kindly. She ripped the bush apart with one swipe of her claws, freeing the stranger. 'My names Giya, in the leader of a tribe. Do you know that you wandered into our territory?' 

'I uh, I didn't know I just smelt food so I followed the smell. Wasn't really paying attention to where I was going' the dark fur shrugged. 'My names Jefi, could I uh, could I join?' 

'Of course' smiled Giya. 'Follow me, we're always looking for people who might want to join. This island isn't exactly the safest place, is it?' Giya voice grew more serious at that last part. Jefi only nodded and followed, glad to finally have some food. 

20221211132310_1.thumb.jpg.1a88b260123b8173c3dc1d7cd5837e2c.jpg

~

Mimi was sitting in the nest. She was very old now, but still glad to keep the young Farin company. She told stories of her old island, that she didn't really know if they were true or not because it was her dad who had told her, but they were still fun to tell. Farin gazed wide eyed at her, babbling along to stories of balance bears and foxes, fearsome bearyena and cold-hearted bluebirds. 

20221211132013_1.thumb.jpg.8ea2bfb2c9732f0d12f2e63a9cac712d.jpg

Ilfen sat nearby, listening in. He already knew all these stories, he'd heard them many times before, but he still loved to listen in quietly. It sort of calmed him, hearing tales of brave warriors who saved their tribes by single handedly fighting off a balance bear. Maybe he could be like that one day? 

Hart had come over. He thanked Mimi for minding Farin, and then left, calling for Gale. It was just Mimi and Ilfen now, and Ilfen decided he should tell her. That it was his fault Molli died. He walked over and opened his mouth to say something, but he found that he couldn't say a thing. Mimi looked at him. 

'This is about Molli, isn't it?' she spoke softly. Ilfen stood shocked for a moment. 

'H-how did you know?' This made no sense. If she knew, why didn't she hate him already? 

Mimi smiled comfortingly, letting Ilfen curl up beside her. 'I knew ever since I came back to the camp and I saw that ear of yours. I didn't really think it was a coincidence that you ran off, then that same day you lose an ear, and Molli dies.' 

'I didn't mean to...' Ilfen whispered. 'It attacked me, and, and I felt stupid that I couldn't fight back and that I ran off, so I didn't tell anyone there was a bearyena, I thought it ran off, that I was too far from the territory for it to smell anyone else...' 

'Why didn't you tell me love?' Mimi laid her head down and closed her eyes, knowing her son would be more comfortable that way. 

'I thought you'd hate me!' he cried. 'I thought you would think it was my fault, and that you wouldn't love me anymore! I'm sorry, I didn't want her to die! I'm sorry!' Ilfen felt angry and sad and frustrated all at the same time, and it felt like the worst thing in the world. Why couldn't he just be perfect, like Gale? 

'Ilfen, calm, its okay, you didn't do it on purpose' Mimis voice grew more serious. 'But remember, you must be careful. You have to look around yourself, because your mistakes might hurt you, but they could also hurt others.' Mimi stroked Ilfens torn ear. 'Promise me, promise me you'll do your best to care for others as well as yourself?' 

Ilfen paused for a moment, then nodded. It was his fault Molli died, whether he meant it to happen or not, but he wouldn't let anything like this happen ever again. 

But Mimi had already begun worrying about something else. 'Ilfen, I know you don't do well around people. Gale and Giya are kind, they won't kick you out for mistakes you didn't mean to happen. But I can already see Farin is different. He is strong, and wants others around him to be strong as well. I see how he gets frustrated when he wins the play fights with his sister over and over again. If something were to happen to Gale, and if he became leader then there is a chance you could be in danger.' she paused for a moment. There was real worry in her eyes. 'So do your best to be very good at something, something he needs, like hunting. Then he won't ever have a good reason to kick you out.'

Ilfen nodded fervently, and then they both watched the sun set in silence. 'I love you mum.' Ilfen whispered. 

'I love you too.' Mimi smiled.

20221211132236_1.thumb.jpg.8f89d1f26f2cc5718551a4d0c4aac295.jpg

But Ilfen was scared that night, and all he had heard was, 'be useful to others, or else no one will want you around' 

That night Mimi passed in her sleep, and the whole tribe mourned her. 

Ok this is kind of a sad moment why did I write this-

• Like 2

2 hours ago, YourLocalStranger said:

Ok this is kind of a sad moment why did I write this-

A sad post is sometimes neccesary to develop a story. It gives it depth! I've enjoyed reading this playthrough and especially the last couple posts developing Ilfen's personality and story :)

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Chiyanna said:

A sad post is sometimes neccesary to develop a story. It gives it depth! I've enjoyed reading this playthrough and especially the last couple posts developing Ilfen's personality and story :)

17 hours ago, CosmicChaos21 said:

Dropping in to say I love this playthrough and it's characters a lot, also it's well written. (My favorite is Ilfen, he's really interesting)

Guys I might be overreacting but this made me really happy, no joke. I really like it when my work (whether it's writing, art, or anything else) makes others happy, so thanks for saying so! (I've worked really hard on this playthrough lol, and Ilfen is actually my favourite right now as well) 

• Paw up 1
  • Love 1

17 hours ago, AndromedaTheGalaxyCat said:

this makes me feel guilty bc youve developed so much in your playthough while ive barely done anything lol

Take your time, you can continue your playthrough at your own pace (or you don't have to continue it if you don't want to) 

• Like 1

(long update today because I feel like it) 

Ryll and Gale were picking berries, the older creature humming queitly. Gale fidgeted slightly, obviously anxious about something. When she accidentally tore an entire branch off the Bush, Ryll finally spoke. 

'Gale what's wrong?' she asked, pausing her berry picking for a moment. 

Gale looked up at Ryll. Ryll was strict, but kind. Gale was sure she'd understand, but the anxiety didn't go away. 

'Ryll... Imagine you were the best fighter in the world. Everyone wanted you to fight, to protect the tribe. But what if you hated fighting? What if you just wanted to pick berries and go fishing? What would you do?' Gale mumbled, staring at the ground. Ryll raised an eyebrow and thought for a moment. 

'I would... I think I'd go fishing and pick berries anyway. It doesn't matter whether I was born strong, or whether I was born to certain creatures.' Ryll looked pointedly at Gale. 'It would be my life, and I would do what makes me happy, as long as it doesn't hurt anyone. Maybe I would protect the tribe if I had to, but that would be the only time I fight. And maybe I would have a brother who is also very strong. Maybe he would want to fight, and that meant I wouldn't have to.' Ryll finished. She wasn't looking at Gale, but Gale knew exactly what she meant. 

'Won't your mam and dad be disappointed in you though?' she whispered. 

Ryll shrugged. 'let them be disappointed. It's not my problem. If they truly loved me they would get over it, or even better, not have been disappointed in the first place.'

Gale sat for a moment, before slowly nodding and getting up. 'Thanks Ryll' she smiled shyly. 

'For what? It was only a story, right?' Ryll had a sly smile on her face. 'Good luck' she said, before throwing a berry over to Gale. 

20221211131947_1.thumb.jpg.6b2eb848d702c9345e74522e90b05192.jpg

~

The next day Hart was scouting the edge of the territory. In truth, he was more than a little disappointed at his daughters decision on not being leader, but it was her life and he would be an awful father if he tried to force her into a role she didn't want. He was humming as he walked, but he stopped abruptly near Ryll's usual berry picking spot. No Ryll. 

'Hey, dad!' Gale and Farins voices were far off, but coming closer. Something was wrong. It was too quiet. Hart picked his way through the grasses, then he stopped short. Ryll was dead, and a bearyena towered over her. Hart threw himself at it, snarling wildly, but it just shook him off. He slammed against a rock before standing shakily back up again. 

'Dad?'. Farins voice. 

'Get away!' cried Hart. 'Its one of the stronger bearyenas! Tell your mother to take the tribe and go!' the bearyena charged at him, and he dodged just in time. 

'B-but-' Gale stammered. 

'I SAID GO!' yelled Hart, leaping onto the bearyenas back. He saw Farin dragging Gale away, before  a sharp claw hit him on the side of the head, and his world went dark. 

20221211132334_1.thumb.jpg.7783ede179ade8f219a5884a4ff4cd0d.jpg

'Mam! We have to go!' Gale yowled as she raced across to Giya, Farin right behind her. 

'Why? What's wrong?' worry crossed Giya's face, but she was quick to hide it. The two children explained everything, and Giya's heart almost broke. Maybe Hart was still alive, and she could save him, but was it worth risking the whole tribe? She was pregnant with their third, and now final, child. 'I'm sorry, love' she whispered. Then she turned to her children. 'I need you to find the place where a healing plant grows, right beside a nest and a rock. When you find it come back and tell me, it's where we will start our journey.' 

'Journey to where?' Farin asked. 

'To a different territory. We used to live there, before you were born. Now shoo, go find the place.' Giya tried to sound like she knew what she was doing. She wanted to comfort her children, to hold them close, but there was no time. The two raced off, and Giya watched them go. She knew the path well, she travelled it twice. She didn't think she would ever go a third time. 

~

The siblings had found the entrance while Giya gathered the tribe. They were on there way before sunset. They had still set out late because they weren't able to find where Ilfen was, but now he was here, and scouting ahead for danger. Aihu was in front of him, adamant that she be the one to reach the new territory first. Jefi and Gale plodded slowly behind. 

Jefi stole small glances at Gale. She didn't look very happy. Besides, where was Hart? 

'Gale are you, uh, okay?' Jefi asked, moving closer to Gale. Gale flopped down on a spot beside the river. 

'No.' she said flatly. Jefi sat down beside her. She could guess what had happened to Hart, why he wasn't with the tribe now. 

'You know, I uh, I lost my dad too' Jefi said quietly. Gale showed no sign of being interested, except a swivel of her ear. She was listening. 'To a bearyena as well' Jefi forced a chuckle. 'We were out picking berries when it attacked, and he told me to leave, so I uh, so I did. I ran and uh, when I came back, he was... He was gone.' 

Gale turned around to look at Jefi. 'Im sorry' she whispered. 'I guess I'd better admit it. I'd always thought we were different. You grew up as a wanderer, and I'm tribe born. But I guess we're not different after all?' 

Jefi smiled. 'Right. Come on, we should, we should go' Gale nodded, slightly less sad knowing that someone else knew how she felt. She couldn't ever relate to her brother. He was always so cold. She had tried to talk to him about it, but he had ignored her. 

20221211132647_1.thumb.jpg.7291f08430b95cdfd30a7eccbad411f5.jpg

~

Aihu was racing ahead. She was overwhelmed with sadness, Ryll was like a mother to her, and she didn't even have the chance to say goodbye. She crashed straight into a creature coming out of the grasses. 

'Hey, be more careful!' she hissed at him. 

'You're right, I apologise.' He helped her up, and Aihu got a good look at him. He had a wing. Aihu had never seen that before. 

'No its fine, it was my fault.' she mumbled. 'I'm Aihu, part of a tribe, do you want to join?'

'My names Altan. I guess it would be safer, so alright, I'll join your tribe.' He smiled widely. Altan and Aihu went back to Giya to ask for permission, before Altan led everyone to the tree they were looking for. 

20221211132602_1.thumb.jpg.4599d2f152a9c869c64eb483e02cc97e.jpg

20221211132620_1.thumb.jpg.9a2fdb0be7bc6928386f726a077cac4a.jpg

~

The tribe had just reached the tree, when another bearyena jumped out at them. Giya was ready to curse the gods above, and attack the bearyena, but it just turned around and went back to where it came from. 

20221211132914_1.thumb.jpg.a4599baecb42e4c11a51dc4353c26842.jpg

The tribe settled into their new home, but an uneasy silence had set down onto the tribe. That bearyena knew where they were now. Would it come back? 

20221211133107_1.thumb.jpg.88c6d20bfc23e679dca2b475f4fcaea4.jpg

During the time after the bearyena had left, Gale found a small orange kit. She decided to keep it, but hadnt named it yet. Giya had her third and final child, and named her Haran. 

20221211133058_1.thumb.jpg.17ed0932991320ac6e1c277ae2529b5a.jpg

~

Ilfen hunted alone for the next few days. His mind kept wandering back to what had happened. The moment Gale said she didn't want to be leader, Ilfen had been working on his hunting skills. He wasn't as strong as Farin or Jefi, but he was quick. The rabbits would dart away into the grasses, but he could follow them, and while it took a bit more time to finally kill it, he was still skilled. He would pounce on the rabbit and snap its neck, something no one else could do because the grass would slow them down. He was useful now, so no one would get rid of him. His hunting trips also gave him an excuse to be alone for long peroids of time. He liked it that way. And he wouldn't admit it to himself, ever, but loneliness chewed at his heart. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Fay and Altan had been talking for quite a while. They were both older now, and Altan had always wanted kits. He strode up to her, a very large berry in his paws. Fay looked up in curiosity. 

'Fay, I would like to be your mate' he said calmly, handing her the berry. Fay thought for a moment. She only thought of him as a friend, but she knew he wanted kits, and Fay also wanted kits if her own. 

'Alright.' she replied to the newcomer, taking the berry. 

20221211132827_1.thumb.jpg.cb208879f1300cf441789bc57a35a585.jpg

~

The next few days later, panic rose in the tribe. The same bearyena from before, and another, smaller one had charged into camp, straight for the two kits. 

'Gale, run!' Giya cried, jumping to protect the kids. 

20221211133151_1.thumb.jpg.2ceb512d7c26c0f207589043ee87cf38.jpg

It was too late for the orange one, the smaller bearyena snatched it up in its teeth. Giya clawed the smaller one, before jumping onto its back and breaking its neck. Gale had already picked up Haran, and was getting ready to run. But she looked back. 

'But what about you!?' Gale called, her voice muffled slightly by Harans fur. 

'Don't worry about me.' Giya smiled, before racing at the bearyena. 

20221211133248_1.thumb.jpg.ed788dbfcb672a81b7ff31d64c682df5.jpg

She fought it fiercely, and she was about to win, when the bearyena swiped its claws across her, slamming her into the rock. She didn't get up. It immediately went after Haran and Gale. Farin had already gotten the rest of the tribe moving, and he didn't know that his mother was dead, or the danger his sisters were in. Ilfen was closer, and he tried to race forward to help, but the bearyena was too fast. 

20221211133321_1.thumb.jpg.e2a7fa1f04486835cd3cced8efe7a533.jpg

Gale thought of running, just for a moment. No. I need to be brave. Like my dad. She moved in between the bearyena and her little sister, and started fighting it. 

20221211133415_1.thumb.jpg.eb0041bea85a68c7d0388672c6a4f2cb.jpg

(Don't mind Ilfen just casually running away, he has like 1 strength and I didn't want him to have death by bearyena) 

Haran looked at her sister, before trying to claw it herself. It roared in pain, and hit Haran across the head. Returning its focus to Gale it looked like it was going to kill her. But Farin finally caught up, and raked his claws down its back. 

20221211133500_1.thumb.jpg.f630821a25e5bf8e0cf159b3cf2bc6f6.jpg

Finally the bearyena dropped dead. Haran was greatly wounded, so Fay lead her to the healing plant nearby. Farin didn't even ask where Giya was. He already knew. Now he was the leader of this tribe. 

~

Farin was moping slightly in the grasses, digging up roots but throwing them away instead of eating them. Jefi was out hunting, and she saw him there. 

'Farin uh, you alright?' she asked, just like she did for Gale all those moons ago. 

'Of course. Fine.' He replied, stoic as ever. 

'You can tell me. I know what it feels like.' she said softly, sitting down beside him. He turned and galred at her. 

'I don't have to tell you anything.' his eyes narrowed and his voice was cold. 'Get back to hunting.' Jefi looked taken aback, but she reluctantly got up and left. He was the leader, and when Farin was like this, it was best to do what he said. 

20221211133654_1.thumb.jpg.39230d1b6b50fd2993ec157ecfc6f1c7.jpg

~

Fay and Altan had their child just days after. She was pink and had brown horns. Fay knew she would grow up to be a beautiful creature. 

'How does Lilit sound?' she asked Altan. He nodded. 

'Its a good name.' He didn't really seem to care about the name, because he was looking at the kit, his eyes full of love for his daughter. Lilit helped the tribe get back up on their feet after Giyas death. 

20221211133753_1.thumb.jpg.7ab4d67c8ffbb6f81a9e0d408527e7fa.jpg

20221211133747_1.thumb.jpg.47687d405ee6ac1f04e7dfb0ab2c4da7.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

8 hours ago, YourLocalStranger said:

Fay and Altan had been talking for quite a while. They were both older now, and Altan had always wanted kits. He strode up to her, a very large berry in his paws. Fay looked up in curiosity. 

'Fay, I would like to be your mate' he said calmly, handing her the berry. Fay thought for a moment. She only thought of him as a friend, but she knew he wanted kits, and Fay also wanted kits if her own. 

'Alright.' she replied to the newcomer, taking the berry. 

20221211132827_1.thumb.jpg.cb208879f1300cf441789bc57a35a585.jpg

~

The next few days later, panic rose in the tribe. The same bearyena from before, and another, smaller one had charged into camp, straight for the two kits. 

'Gale, run!' Giya cried, jumping to protect the kids. 

20221211133151_1.thumb.jpg.2ceb512d7c26c0f207589043ee87cf38.jpg

It was too late for the orange one, the smaller bearyena snatched it up in its teeth. Giya clawed the smaller one, before jumping onto its back and breaking its neck. Gale had already picked up Haran, and was getting ready to run. But she looked back. 

'But what about you!?' Gale called, her voice muffled slightly by Harans fur. 

'Don't worry about me.' Giya smiled, before racing at the bearyena. 

20221211133248_1.thumb.jpg.ed788dbfcb672a81b7ff31d64c682df5.jpg

She fought it fiercely, and she was about to win, when the bearyena swiped its claws across her, slamming her into the rock. She didn't get up. It immediately went after Haran and Gale. Farin had already gotten the rest of the tribe moving, and he didn't know that his mother was dead, or the danger his sisters were in. Ilfen was closer, and he tried to race forward to help, but the bearyena was too fast. 

20221211133321_1.thumb.jpg.e2a7fa1f04486835cd3cced8efe7a533.jpg

Gale thought of running, just for a moment. No. I need to be brave. Like my dad. She moved in between the bearyena and her little sister, and started fighting it. 

20221211133415_1.thumb.jpg.eb0041bea85a68c7d0388672c6a4f2cb.jpg

(Don't mind Ilfen just casually running away, he has like 1 strength and I didn't want him to have death by bearyena) 

Haran looked at her sister, before trying to claw it herself. It roared in pain, and hit Haran across the head. Returning its focus to Gale it looked like it was going to kill her. But Farin finally caught up, and raked his claws down its back. 

20221211133500_1.thumb.jpg.f630821a25e5bf8e0cf159b3cf2bc6f6.jpg

Finally the bearyena dropped dead. Haran was greatly wounded, so Fay lead her to the healing plant nearby. Farin didn't even ask where Giya was. He already knew. Now he was the leader of this tribe. 

~

Farin was moping slightly in the grasses, digging up roots but throwing them away instead of eating them. Jefi was out hunting, and she saw him there. 

'Farin uh, you alright?' she asked, just like she did for Gale all those moons ago. 

'Of course. Fine.' He replied, stoic as ever. 

'You can tell me. I know what it feels like.' she said softly, sitting down beside him. He turned and galred at her. 

'I don't have to tell you anything.' his eyes narrowed and his voice was cold. 'Get back to hunting.' Jefi looked taken aback, but she reluctantly got up and left. He was the leader, and when Farin was like this, it was best to do what he said. 

20221211133654_1.thumb.jpg.39230d1b6b50fd2993ec157ecfc6f1c7.jpg

~

Fay and Altan had their child just days after. She was pink and had brown horns. Fay knew she would grow up to be a beautiful creature. 

'How does Lilit sound?' she asked Altan. He nodded. 

'Its a good name.' He didn't really seem to care about the name, because he was looking at the kit, his eyes full of love for his daughter. Lilit helped the tribe get back up on their feet after Giyas death. 

20221211133753_1.thumb.jpg.7ab4d67c8ffbb6f81a9e0d408527e7fa.jpg

20221211133747_1.thumb.jpg.47687d405ee6ac1f04e7dfb0ab2c4da7.jpg

RIP nameless orange kit

• Haha 1

Fay and Altan were talking by the tree. Lilit was playing with a nut nearby, while Fay dug up some roots. A rustle in the grasses made them both alert. Fay stalked closer to the noise, until she quietly parted the grasses. A red and white patterned creature sat near their nest, munching happily on a pile of berries that were obviously stolen from somewhere. They were pretty chubby, so they must have been a successful thief. And since Fay's tribe was the only tribe around... 

'Hey! What are you doing here?!' Fay hissed at the stranger. The stranger stopped eating and and glanced back the way he had came. Maybe he could make a run for it? 

'Don't even try it.' Altan warned, moving to stop the creature escaping. The creature glanced around before they realised there was no point in trying to escape. The strangers weird webbed feet would slow him down considerably. 

'You got me.' He sighed. 'You aren't gonna kill me or anything, are you?' he was obviously scared, and Altan decided to use that. 

'Actually, we are. That's what you get for stealing from us.' He said, drawing himself up to his full height. 

'Please don't.' the stranger squeaked. 'I-I have a mate! And children too! They would be so sad if I died..' He attempted to sniff in sorrow, but it came out as more of a weird snort. 

'Liar.' scoffed Altan. Fay raised an eyebrow at him, before pushing past her mate. 

'We won't kill you, don't worry. Altan is just like that.' she shot him a glare, and Altan replied with only a grin. 'Our tribe usually take in all wanderers, so I'm giving you a choice. Join us, or leave here and never come back.' 

'That's pretty harsh..' the stranger mumbled, but he agreed to joining the tribe. 

'You're lucky Farin didn't find you first!' Fay laughed. 'My names Fay, and this is my mate Altan.' 

'I'm Fern' Fern said simply, before resuming to chew on the berries. Altan snatched them off of him, much to Ferns disappointment. 

20221218154936_1.thumb.jpg.46f7daa67d2d0e63bd2fcfaaf70da108.jpg

20221218155011_1.thumb.jpg.7dc1d107ca4ccd5897aabac2c00a8eb1.jpg

~

Ilfen had been out hunting alone, as usual. He quietly stalked a rabbit, but it was suddenly startled by a noise. Ilfen tried to leap forward and catch it, but he instead leapt straight into a bright white creature. 

20221218155559_1.thumb.jpg.81a8ab294b1f007951c187552623fc9d.jpg

'Hey, watch where you're going! Don't you have eyes you-' Ilfen stopped dead and all his anger suddenly turned to shame. The creature stared straight ahead. 

'Yup I am SO sorry. Next time I'll just look where I'm going, with my eyes that I have and that work.' The sarcasm dripping off the strangers voice was almost unbearable. Ilfen looked up at him, and his eyes were a milky white. He was blind. 

Ilfen struggled for a moment. He felt so stupid he didn't know what to say. 'I'm part of a tribe. Do you want to join?' he cursed himself as it came out way more stiff and harsh than he intended it to be. The creature was quiet for a moment. 

'Sorry.' Ilfen blurted out. 'I just didn't see you, and I thought you could, I mean I didn't know you were... Blind' 

Surprise registered on the strangers face for a moment, before he burst out laughing. Ilfen stood there for a moment. He contemplated running back to the tribe and trying to forget all of this even happened, he felt so awkward. The stranger looked back at him. 

'Alright then. I'll join your tribe. But only because you apologised.' there was a grin on his face. 'Most of the time I either get chased off, hit across the face, or worst case scenario, they try to kill me when someone sees me. You're the first person who's said sorry for bumping into me.' The stranger was laughing, as if it was a joke, but Ilfen didn't think getting hit across the face because you couldn't see the other person was very funny. 

'I'm Ilfen.' He said simply. 

'Ilfen. That's a pretty name. Call me Kass.' The stranger replied. Ilfen helped giude Kass back to the tribe. 

20221218160719_1.thumb.jpg.8d55b1c92f08259b3fa137e409a1867e.jpg

~

Fay and Altan decided to have one more child. When she was born, they named her Gold. Gold and Lilit immediately took a liking to each other, which was quite uncommon for siblings. It was even stranger considering the fact that they were polar opposites. Lilit was elegant and could be stuffy sometimes, while Gold was shy, and let her sister do the talking. 

20221218160321_1.thumb.jpg.5986a8f2aa9656b28ae36d4dd0e39020.jpg

~

Farin and Haran were out hunting. Unfortunately, Haran took more after her brother, but with a cruel streak. The two were by the stream, when they heard labored panting, as if something was hurt. They crossed the stream, and a bearyena was lying there. It was old and wounded. There was no way it was going to live through the night. 

'What do we do with it?' Haran mused. This was the second bearyena she ever saw. The first had tried to end her life, and succeeded in ending her mothers. Farin looked at the old creature. 

'Do you think we should put it out of its misery?' A claw to the throat would be enough. 

'You're right.' Haran replied. 'Help me push it into the stream.' 

'Wouldn't it be easier to slash its throat?' Farin asked. It was unnecessary to leave the beast to an extremely painful death by drowning. 

'It would be easier. But I don't like easy.' A cruel grin spread across Harans face. She was worse than her brother. The two pushed the bearyena into the stream, and went back to camp. No one knew except them. 

20221218155720_1.thumb.jpg.5460a142423253d37dab6c17af907e6e.jpg

(Ignore Fern and Fay at the bottom) 

~

The tribe was settling in well. For the first time in a long time, they had peace. But everyone worried if it would last. Every leader since Talian had had a violent death. Talian died of sickness. Giya and Rain both died to a bearyena. How long would it be until Farin also fell? 

20221218160006_1.thumb.jpg.32573cd1dc84de94a61f5414ea22661b.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Also, I won't be updating consistently until after the 25th, because Christmas at my house is kinda hectic lol, and I won't have the time. I might do a short update here and there, but not much more than that. 

• Paw up 1

22 hours ago, YourLocalStranger said:

Also, I won't be updating consistently until after the 25th, because Christmas at my house is kinda hectic lol, and I won't have the time. I might do a short update here and there, but not much more than that. 

Changed my mind updating today because I can-

Aihu was out on a brisk walk. The sky was cloudy, and it looked like it was going to rain soon. She was returning to camp with a fresh rabbit she had hunted. A bluebird wheeled overhead, making her hurry. She was so focused on getting back before it started raining, she didn't hear the whimpering in the grasses. She paused. Listened again. It sounded like a kit. She quickly ran to it, but stopped dead in her tracks when she reached it. It wasn't a kit, but a bearyena pup. What was she going to do with it? It whimpered again, and a pang of sorrow lighted in Aihus heart. 

'I'm not going to hurt you.' she whispered softly, holding out the meat for the pup. It was true, bearyena had hurt her time and time again, but this was a pup, it couldn't do any harm. Its mother wasn't around, and if its mother didn't vmcome back, this pup likely wouldn't survive too long. It took the rest of the meat, and retreated into the grasses. Aihu watched it go, before returning to camp, empty handed. 

20221218160424_1.thumb.jpg.9fa1aebf6d01ba680371fcb0d3edc9bf.jpg

~

Gale, Jefi and Fern were following the scent of a berry bush.

'I'm telling you, I smell it.' Fern insisted. His floppy paws slowed him down considerably, but Jefi fell into step beside him. 

'I uh, I think I believe him, he did survive this long on his, uh, own.' Jefi backed him up. The two exchanged a grin. 

'Fine, but if there's nothing there and we get eaten by bearyena, it's your fault.' Gale grumbled, before smiling as well. Suddenly, Jefi smelt something. And it wasn't a berry bush. She shot forward until she was standing face to face with the stranger, slightly frightening him. 

'Who are you?' she asked. She knew she was supposed to act intimidating, but most loners weren't a threat, and she was curious. 

'Milo.' the stranger smiled kindly. 'And what's your name?' His eyes widened once he looked past Jefi and saw Fern. 

'Milo! You old rascal, I'm surprised you're still alive!' Fern grinned, running up to the flame coloured creature. 

'Still alive? You left me to the mercy of those pack creatures!' Milo snarled. 

'Well you're still alive so... No hard feelings?' Fern said nervously, before taking a step back and hiding behind Jefi. 

'You're a coward, you know that?' Jefi whispered, but she let him stay there. Milo silently glared. 

'I'm actually surprised a pack took in a creature like you.' Milo hissed, then Gale cut in. 

'My brothers pack actually. My names Gale and this is Jefi. Would you like to join?' Gale asked. Milo glared at Fern for another moment, sighed and agreed. 

'Its always good to have a pack backing you up, I guess' Milo said, and the four of them walked back to camp. 

20221218160518_1.thumb.jpg.1c62799d45a011890dae0adfa25c4b93.jpg

20221218160702_1.thumb.jpg.2f13fbb11c8b2816c4d2f96a7f49a3e8.jpg

~

Jefi approached Fern, who was munching on a berry. 

'So uh, what's between you and Milo, if you don't mind me uh, asking?' she raised an eyebrow at Fern. Fern grinned mischievously. 

'Well, it was technically his fault. We were stealing some packs berry supply, like always, when the fool stepped on a particularly dry twig. It alerted the pack and they noticed him. I asked myself: Fern can you really do anything to help him? And the answer was no, so I hightailed it out of there.' He shrugged. 'He's a nice guy, but when you're a loner you look out for yourself. When you have a tribe you have the time to care for others, but when I was by myself, it's best to look out for only me. When you care for others, all you get is a claw mark for your troubles.' He added hurriedly. He didn't want Jefi to think he was selfish or something. He was suddenly aware of the scar just above his left paw.

'Thats a strange story.' mused Jefi. 'And believe me, I uh, know everything about being a loner. I used to be one.' 

'I never would have thought that a beautiful creature like you could have been a wanderer once.' Fern teased. He offered Jefi a berry. Jefi took it, slightly embarrassed, but happy he gave her a compliment. Now was a good time to say it. 

'Do you uh, can you please be my mate?' she asked, hoping he'd say yes. Fern paused for a moment before replying. 

'Of course.' He said softly. 

20221218160845_1.thumb.jpg.0d5d43a27cec6459583f19fc3f2034b4.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

13 hours ago, YourLocalStranger said:

Aihu was out on a brisk walk. The sky was cloudy, and it looked like it was going to rain soon. She was returning to camp with a fresh rabbit she had hunted. A bluebird wheeled overhead, making her hurry. She was so focused on getting back before it started raining, she didn't hear the whimpering in the grasses. She paused. Listened again. It sounded like a kit. She quickly ran to it, but stopped dead in her tracks when she reached it. It wasn't a kit, but a bearyena pup. What was she going to do with it? It whimpered again, and a pang of sorrow lighted in Aihus heart. 

'I'm not going to hurt you.' she whispered softly, holding out the meat for the pup. It was true, bearyena had hurt her time and time again, but this was a pup, it couldn't do any harm. Its mother wasn't around, and if its mother didn't vmcome back, this pup likely wouldn't survive too long. It took the rest of the meat, and retreated into the grasses. Aihu watched it go, before returning to camp, empty handed. 

20221218160424_1.thumb.jpg.9fa1aebf6d01ba680371fcb0d3edc9bf.jpg

~

Gale, Jefi and Fern were following the scent of a berry bush.

'I'm telling you, I smell it.' Fern insisted. His floppy paws slowed him down considerably, but Jefi fell into step beside him. 

'I uh, I think I believe him, he did survive this long on his, uh, own.' Jefi backed him up. The two exchanged a grin. 

'Fine, but if there's nothing there and we get eaten by bearyena, it's your fault.' Gale grumbled, before smiling as well. Suddenly, Jefi smelt something. And it wasn't a berry bush. She shot forward until she was standing face to face with the stranger, slightly frightening him. 

'Who are you?' she asked. She knew she was supposed to act intimidating, but most loners weren't a threat, and she was curious. 

'Milo.' the stranger smiled kindly. 'And what's your name?' His eyes widened once he looked past Jefi and saw Fern. 

'Milo! You old rascal, I'm surprised you're still alive!' Fern grinned, running up to the flame coloured creature. 

'Still alive? You left me to the mercy of those pack creatures!' Milo snarled. 

'Well you're still alive so... No hard feelings?' Fern said nervously, before taking a step back and hiding behind Jefi. 

'You're a coward, you know that?' Jefi whispered, but she let him stay there. Milo silently glared. 

'I'm actually surprised a pack took in a creature like you.' Milo hissed, then Gale cut in. 

'My brothers pack actually. My names Gale and this is Jefi. Would you like to join?' Gale asked. Milo glared at Fern for another moment, sighed and agreed. 

'Its always good to have a pack backing you up, I guess' Milo said, and the four of them walked back to camp. 

20221218160518_1.thumb.jpg.1c62799d45a011890dae0adfa25c4b93.jpg

20221218160702_1.thumb.jpg.2f13fbb11c8b2816c4d2f96a7f49a3e8.jpg

~

Jefi approached Fern, who was munching on a berry. 

'So uh, what's between you and Milo, if you don't mind me uh, asking?' she raised an eyebrow at Fern. Fern grinned mischievously. 

'Well, it was technically his fault. We were stealing some packs berry supply, like always, when the fool stepped on a particularly dry twig. It alerted the pack and they noticed him. I asked myself: Fern can you really do anything to help him? And the answer was no, so I hightailed it out of there.' He shrugged. 'He's a nice guy, but when you're a loner you look out for yourself. When you have a tribe you have the time to care for others, but when I was by myself, it's best to look out for only me. When you care for others, all you get is a claw mark for your troubles.' He added hurriedly. He didn't want Jefi to think he was selfish or something. He was suddenly aware of the scar just above his left paw.

'Thats a strange story.' mused Jefi. 'And believe me, I uh, know everything about being a loner. I used to be one.' 

'I never would have thought that a beautiful creature like you could have been a wanderer once.' Fern teased. He offered Jefi a berry. Jefi took it, slightly embarrassed, but happy he gave her a compliment. Now was a good time to say it. 

'Do you uh, can you please be my mate?' she asked, hoping he'd say yes. Fern paused for a moment before replying. 

'Of course.' He said softly. 

20221218160845_1.thumb.jpg.0d5d43a27cec6459583f19fc3f2034b4.jpg

Also, fun fact: I had to speed write this in 30 minutes because I had everything written but it didn't save. So I had to write everything all over again. 

On 12/19/2022 at 8:46 PM, YourLocalStranger said:

I just really love it when I make an announcement like this and just, ignore myself and keep continuing the playthrough-

• Haha 1

Lilit and Gold were playfighting. Lilit won each time, and she was getting a bit frustrated with Gold. 

'Come on, Gold! How are you going to fight bearyena if you can't even beat me?' Lilit huffed, looking at her little sister. Gold shuffled uncomfortably, avoiding her sisters gaze. 

'But I don't want to fight bearyena.' Gold whined. 'There hasn't been a single bearyena here, ever. Why should I learn to fight?' Lilit thought for a moment. 

'Just because there hasn't been a bearyena here since you and me were born, doesn't mean they aren't around at all.' Gold saw the sense in her sisters words, but still clung onto her notion that she was right, and she didn't have to learn to fight. 

'Let's ask mom then.' Gold said turning around to go back to her family. Lilit followed smugly, knowing that her mom had common sense, and would agree with Lilit. When they came back to their tree, the two of them blanched. Fay was lying on the ground, unmoving. Altan was lying beside her. He was still breathing and his eyes were open. He looked unharmed, but Lilit saw the grief in her dad's eyes. A bearyena cub was nearby, cowering in the grasses. Altan seemed to not notice it. 

Gold ran forward yelling and screaming at the cub. 'YOU MONSTER! I'M GONNA KILL YOU!' All trace of her shy and friendly personality seemed to have evaporated into thin air. 

20221218160953_1.thumb.jpg.a58c364d0bdb213def36f445a431e8b8.jpg

The cub managed to run off, and Gold came back. She was sobbing now, and went to Altan for comfort. He didn't even look at her. 

'Dad?' Lilit went up to him. He finally looked at Lilit, but his eyes were glazed over, and he didn't even answer. Gold and Lilit huddled together for a little while, crying together, before going to Farin to tell him what happened. Altan stayed right where he was, even as night fell. 

~

Gale was leaning against a rock, lazing in the sun. She had heard what happened to Fay. Gale had tried to get Lilit and Gold under the care of Aihu, but the two sisters were stubborn, and stayed beside their father, even though he didn't even look at them these days. Milo walked up to her, and he looked quite nervous. She only hoped that he wasn't about to ask her to be his mate, because she definately did not feel that way. 

'Gale?' he asked nervously. 'I need your advice.' Gale deflated slightly with relief, before curiousity took over. 

'With what?' Gale asked. 

'You know your sister, Haran? Do you know what she might like? As a gift?' Milo asked, shuffling slightly. Gale was confused now. Why would anyone want to give Haran a gift? Haran was worse than Farin, if that was even possible. Gale had tried so hard to love her siblings, but the truth was that they were just awful creatures. Gale doubted anyone could change that. 

'Well, she really likes coconuts, for some reason. Why are you giving her a gift?' Gale hoped it wasn't what she thought it was. 

'Thank you Gale! And I'm giving her a gift because... I think I have a crush on her.' Milo mumbled out. 'Do you think she'll like me back?' He asked hopefully. 

She doesn't like anyone. Gale thought bitterly. 'I'm sure she'll like you.' She eventually said weakly. She had no idea if Haran would even give a second glance to Milo, but she would feel terrible if she told him he had no chance. Milo bounded off giddily, throwing a thank you over his shoulder. 

20221218162207_1.thumb.jpg.612713d8cf488727d2642fb2b829892b.jpg

~

Kass had been picking his way through the bushes. He smelt a root, and those were his favourite. He found it, and ate it happily, and was just returning when he heard a sound. It sounded like a creature, so he laid down, made himself as small as he could, and hoped the grasses would camouflage him. It obviously didn't work, because he heard the creature circling him. 

'Hello?' Kass called, fear boiling in his stomach. The creature didn't answer. 'I'm not a threat to you. Please leave me alone.' Kass pleaded. The creature still didn't answer, and he heard it come closer. Just as it was close enough that Kass could hear its breathing, he heard a loud noise, someone growling. 

'Get away from him!'. It was Ilfens voice. Kass heard the creature running away, a yelp as it briefly struggled with Ilfen, and Ilfens footsteps as he ran over. 'Are you hurt?' Ilfen asked. 

'No, I'm fine. Thanks to you.' The relief was obvious in Kass' voice. 'Who was that?' 

'Just some rouge. Awful creatures.' Ilfen hissed, checking to make sure it still wasn't there. He looked at Kass, and was glad that he was alright. 

'Well, since you saved me, it's only right that I give you something in return, right?' Kass said, leading the way back home, his paw stretched out in front of him. 

'Y-you don't have to I was just-' Ilfen quickly said, not wanting to be selfish by taking something from Kass, but Kass quickly interrupted him. 

'Come on, it's just a gift. You saved me and I want to give something back, okay?' Kass smiled. 

'Well, if you really want to..' Ilfen said. It took him a moment to realise that apart from his mom, Kass was the only person he was comfortable talking to. Kass walked beside him, occasionally using his fluffy tail to make sure Ilfen was still there. His milky white eyes stared straight ahead. An easy smile was on his face, and Ilfen couldn't help but smile as well, even if Kass couldn't see it. 

20221218162001_1.thumb.jpg.df3dba18eef2b6c3c8876a8e768458c1.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

One day, Aihu came back with a kit on the way. No one knew who the father was, and Aihu seemed quite content to keep it that way. When the kit was born it was thin and its legs were webbed. Other than that, it looked healthy. Aihu curled around it lovingly. Lilit was nearby, looking at the little kit. 

'What are you going to name him?' she asked. Lilit had no small amount of jealousy boiling in her at that moment, but she crushed it the second it rose up. Aihu had the right to be happy with her kit, just because Lilit didn't have that anymore didn't mean she had to take it out on others. Gold was quite the opposite of her at that moment, she spat and hissed and was basically nothing like she used to be, but Lilit did everything she could to help her sister. Gold only ever respected or was kind to Farin, her dad, and Lilit. It led to Gold getting into a lot of scrapes with Haran. Those two hated each other. Aihu thought for a moment. 

'Adder.' Aihu finally said. 'Adders are quick and strong, I'm sure my son will grow up to be the same.' 

Lilit nodded and opened her mouth to say something, when a bearyena leaped out of the grasses. It was face to face with her, and Lilit was about to scream and hit it across the face, but paused when she saw the look in its eyes. It stood there for a moment, before sniffing the kit, and Aihu let it. 

'Aihu, what are you doing!?' Lilit hissed, ready to jump onto the bearyena and snap its neck. 

'Calm down. This bearyena won't hurt us.' Aihu said, making Lilit more confused than relieved. Aihu sighed before explaining. 'I found it when it was a cub, and gave it some food. It kept coming back to me, so I kept feeding it. I'm pretty sure it thinks its a creature like us. It won't hurt me or anyone from my pack, but I saw it take down a bearyena once. I'm afraid if Farin found out, he'd kill it. Please don't tell him. For me, Lilit?'

'...Alright.' Lilit agreed. She didn't feel safe around this bearyena, so she quickly left. She wouldn't tell Farin, of course not, but she still felt extremely uneasy. Aihu, raising a bearyena? 

IMG_20221222_175827.thumb.jpg.f8470a709278f0e620404a4ba3726ae8.jpg

20221218162356_1.thumb.jpg.cfb689f75f045db536ae910251a8e76f.jpg

~

Ilfen ran towards the beach. He had been almost sick with worry all day. In the morning he couldn't find Kass, but didn't think anything of it. When he came back from hunting, he still couldn't find his friend. He forced himself to ask someone, but no one knew where Kass was. Finally, Jefi told him she saw Kass heading down to the beach. Ilfen arrived at the shore, and Kass was standing over something red and scaly. 

'Kass! You scared me half to death! At least tell me where you're going next time, so I don't drop dead with worry! I thought a bearyena had eaten you or something!' Ilfen snarled, his worry fading away once he saw that Kass was unhurt. 

'I'm sorry, but I had to do this by myself, and I couldn't have you finding me and spoiling the surprise.' Kass replied. The Red and scaly thing was still at his feet, and Ilfen realised his friends fur was sopping. 

'Yeah well- surprise? What surprise?' Ilfen asked, confused. Who was the surprise for? Couldn't Kass just ask for Ilfens help? 

'Its for you!' Kass beamed. He held up the thing in his mouth and Ilfen recongized it was actually a huge fish. 'In my old tribe we had a thing called moonday, where you gave a gift to everyone that was important to you to celebrate you both survived another month. When I joined your tribe, I found out you guys didn't have that, so I went out and got you your first moonday gift! Do you like it?'

'Its a fish.' Ilfen said stupidly. 'I've never had a fish before.'

'Never?' Kass looked incredibly surprised. 'They're really good, taste it!' 

'How did you even catch it?' Ilfen walked up to Kass, lying down next to him. He took a bite of the fish. It tasted chewy, and salty, but extremely delicious. 

'I lay in the shallows for a little while, and the carnivorous fish thought I was dead, because I was so cold.' Kass shivered at the memory. 'Then when one came up to nibble on me, I scooped it out of the water!' 

'That's... Really amazing.' Ilfen said. He offered some of the fish to Kass. 

'What, no its yours!' Kass said, even though his stomach growled not two seconds later. 

'I'm not eating if you're not eating.' Ilfen insisted, his voice muffled by mouthfuls of juicy fish. Finally Kass agreed, partly because he was so hungry. The two sat by the sea, the wind drying Kass' fur, eating the large fish together. 

'Thank you, Kass. For the fish, but also for... For being my friend.' Ilfen said quietly. Kass only smiled and curled his large fluffy tail around Ilfen. 

20221218161703_1.thumb.jpg.19cfdf41429957313412b84a4328931f.jpg

• Like 1
  • Love 1

48 minutes ago, YourLocalStranger said:

One day, Aihu came back with a kit on the way. No one knew who the father was, and Aihu seemed quite content to keep it that way. When the kit was born it was thin and its legs were webbed. Other than that, it looked healthy. Aihu curled around it lovingly. Lilit was nearby, looking at the little kit. 

'What are you going to name him?' she asked. Lilit had no small amount of jealousy boiling in her at that moment, but she crushed it the second it rose up. Aihu had the right to be happy with her kit, just because Lilit didn't have that anymore didn't mean she had to take it out on others. Gold was quite the opposite of her at that moment, she spat and hissed and was basically nothing like she used to be, but Lilit did everything she could to help her sister. Gold only ever respected or was kind to Farin, her dad, and Lilit. It led to Gold getting into a lot of scrapes with Haran. Those two hated each other. Aihu thought for a moment. 

'Adder.' Aihu finally said. 'Adders are quick and strong, I'm sure my son will grow up to be the same.' 

Lilit nodded and opened her mouth to say something, when a bearyena leaped out of the grasses. It was face to face with her, and Lilit was about to scream and hit it across the face, but paused when she saw the look in its eyes. It stood there for a moment, before sniffing the kit, and Aihu let it. 

'Aihu, what are you doing!?' Lilit hissed, ready to jump onto the bearyena and snap its neck. 

'Calm down. This bearyena won't hurt us.' Aihu said, making Lilit more confused than relieved. Aihu sighed before explaining. 'I found it when it was a cub, and gave it some food. It kept coming back to me, so I kept feeding it. I'm pretty sure it thinks its a creature like us. It won't hurt me or anyone from my pack, but I saw it take down a bearyena once. I'm afraid if Farin found out, he'd kill it. Please don't tell him. For me, Lilit?'

'...Alright.' Lilit agreed. She didn't feel safe around this bearyena, so she quickly left. She wouldn't tell Farin, of course not, but she still felt extremely uneasy. Aihu, raising a bearyena? 

IMG_20221222_175827.thumb.jpg.f8470a709278f0e620404a4ba3726ae8.jpg

20221218162356_1.thumb.jpg.cfb689f75f045db536ae910251a8e76f.jpg

~

Ilfen ran towards the beach. He had been almost sick with worry all day. In the morning he couldn't find Kass, but didn't think anything of it. When he came back from hunting, he still couldn't find his friend. He forced himself to ask someone, but no one knew where Kass was. Finally, Jefi told him she saw Kass heading down to the beach. Ilfen arrived at the shore, and Kass was standing over something red and scaly. 

'Kass! You scared me half to death! At least tell me where you're going next time, so I don't drop dead with worry! I thought a bearyena had eaten you or something!' Ilfen snarled, his worry fading away once he saw that Kass was unhurt. 

'I'm sorry, but I had to do this by myself, and I couldn't have you finding me and spoiling the surprise.' Kass replied. The Red and scaly thing was still at his feet, and Ilfen realised his friends fur was sopping. 

'Yeah well- surprise? What surprise?' Ilfen asked, confused. Who was the surprise for? Couldn't Kass just ask for Ilfens help? 

'Its for you!' Kass beamed. He held up the thing in his mouth and Ilfen recongized it was actually a huge fish. 'In my old tribe we had a thing called moonday, where you gave a gift to everyone that was important to you to celebrate you both survived another month. When I joined your tribe, I found out you guys didn't have that, so I went out and got you your first moonday gift! Do you like it?'

'Its a fish.' Ilfen said stupidly. 'I've never had a fish before.'

'Never?' Kass looked incredibly surprised. 'They're really good, taste it!' 

'How did you even catch it?' Ilfen walked up to Kass, lying down next to him. He took a bite of the fish. It tasted chewy, and salty, but extremely delicious. 

'I lay in the shallows for a little while, and the carnivorous fish thought I was dead, because I was so cold.' Kass shivered at the memory. 'Then when one came up to nibble on me, I scooped it out of the water!' 

'That's... Really amazing.' Ilfen said. He offered some of the fish to Kass. 

'What, no its yours!' Kass said, even though his stomach growled not two seconds later. 

'I'm not eating if you're not eating.' Ilfen insisted, his voice muffled by mouthfuls of juicy fish. Finally Kass agreed, partly because he was so hungry. The two sat by the sea, the wind drying Kass' fur, eating the large fish together. 

'Thank you, Kass. For the fish, but also for... For being my friend.' Ilfen said quietly. Kass only smiled and curled his large fluffy tail around Ilfen. 

20221218161703_1.thumb.jpg.19cfdf41429957313412b84a4328931f.jpg

(The tribe's doing alright now... A new baby and a friendly bearyena. Let's hope it lasts. Are you going to breed with the bearyena?) 

Just now, Chiyanna said:

(The tribe's doing alright now... A new baby and a friendly bearyena. Let's hope it lasts. Are you going to breed with the bearyena?) 

(Adder is a bearyena child, but I don't think I'll do it again. I think it would be more of a challenge trying to survive without any bearyena genes.

And yeah, the tribes doing good, but I played ahead a bit and um. No.) 

• Sad 1

11 minutes ago, YourLocalStranger said:

(Adder is a bearyena child, but I don't think I'll do it again. I think it would be more of a challenge trying to survive without any bearyena genes.

ruh roh raggy

• Confused 1
  • Paw up 1

Just now, YourLocalStranger said:

(Well it's your playthrough,  but if the tribe's doing bad it sounds like it may be a challenge either way sadly enough) 

• Paw up 1