Stray Fawn Community

The Deadly Isle

Stranger

9 minutes ago, Chiyanna said:

(Well it's your playthrough,  but if the tribe's doing bad it sounds like it may be a challenge either way sadly enough) 

(On the deadly islands its always a challenge lol. 

Fortunately for me I have become an exPERT AT RUNNING AWAY 👍👍👍👍👍

• Paw up 1

Kass and Ilfen had been looking for the scent of a creature. Kass said they were nearby, and Ilfen trusted his friends nose. Suddenly Kass stopped. 

'I... Do you smell that?' he asked, sniffing the air. It was a strange scent almost like a.. 'Bearyena!' Kass cried. Those larger ones always were so scentless. 

20221218162513_1.thumb.jpg.9bf3e4bb1ac2842a09159751dcd67a1c.jpg

The bearyena leaped out at them, causing Ilfen to yelp and run, dragging Kass along with him. 

'Its one of the big ones, we can't fight it!' Ilfen yelled as he ran. Maybe if they ran fast enough, they could get back to camp and it wouldn't be able to follow them. He wouldn't have to face Farin and tell everyone that their home wasn't safe anymore. But if the bearyena followed them? Someone would get hurt, someone like Molli, because Ilfen was too much of a coward to speak up. He had to tell Farin. 

'We have to tell everyone.' Kass gasped, running behind Ilfen so he knew where to go. Kass didn't seem scared to speak up. If only Ilfen could be like him. 

~

Back at camp, the two ran up to Farin, still out of breath. 

'What is it?' Farin grunted. He was eating a rabbit he had caught, and was just finishing with telling Altan that if he didn't start gathering food or clearing grass soon, he'd be kicked out of the tribe. 

'Bearyena.' Ilfen gasped. He looked down at his paws, meaning to say more, but Farins flint like gaze made Ilfen freeze up. He stood there for a moment, looking stupid, but suddenly Kass spoke up. 

'We were out looking for a creature I smelled, but a bearyena found us and tried to eat us. We barely got away, but it definitely followed us. We need to leave this territory, or else everyone will be in danger.' Kass' voice was confident, but he pressed slightly closer to Ilfens side. 

'Our tribe has eleven members, we can handle one bearyena.' Farin said dismissively. 

'At the cost of how many lives?! Are you willing to risk the creatures of this tribe just so we can stay in a relatively safe territory? We need to move!' Kass hissed. Ilfen flinched, hoping his friend wouldn't be kicked out, or worse, for talking to their leader like that. Farin looked as if he was about to leap at Kass and scratch at his face, but suddenly his gaze turned to Ilfen, and a cruel smile went across his face. 

'And what about you Ilfen? What do you think we should do?' his voice was soft, but full of malice. Ilfen stopped. If they left the territory, they were at risk of starving, and even more bearyena. But if they stayed, the bearyena that followed them back would surely kill at least half the tribe. 

'I-I.. ' Ilfen stammered out, looking up for a moment, and immediately regretting it. Farins eyes were locked on his, full of cruelty. Farin was going to do what Ilfen chose, and if it didn't work out, he was going to blame it all on Ilfen. 

'Leave him alone!' snarled Kass, pressing closer to his friend. 'You're the leader, aren't you supposed to make the decisions?' 

Their conversation was interrupted by a growl from the bushes. The bearyena. It leaped out with a growl, and launched itself at Farin, he didn't even have time to scream before it ripped out his throat. 

The rest of the tribe quickly came over, once they heard the others calling for help. 

20221218162624_1.thumb.jpg.4c67f99b2fdea52ccf704f284a2a4fa7.jpg

Gale looked down at her brothers dead body, and with a snarl, ran towards the bearyena. She evaded its claws, and clawed down its side, causing a lot of blood to gush out. She had never been close to Farin, but this was her brother, and whether she liked it or not, she had to avenge him. Altan also started fighting, hate filling his eyes at the sight of the monster that took his mate. But this was a losing battle. Haran watched the two fight. 

'Farin is dead, and Gale will be dead. This means I'm the leader, and I say we're leaving.' there was no sadness in her voice, which shocked everyone. 

'We-we can't just leave them behind!' cried Gold, as she watched her father. Lilit was holding her back from joining the fight herself. 

'Let the fools die. And if you want to die, you can go with them.' Haran snarled. 'If you want to live, you'll leave with me.' 

The bearyena ended Gales life with a blow to her chest, and focused on Altan. They were buying the tribe time. As much as everyone hated to admit it, Haran was right. If they didn't leave now, they would die. The tribe raced away, glancing behind themselves at the creatures who gave their lives for the tribe. 

20221218162729_1.thumb.jpg.fb00abb8e20bf48fce1137d239cc9ca3.jpg

~

Ilfen scouted ahead. The plan was to go back to their old territory, but plans change. This plan changed for the worse. A masked grey and black creature was running from that direction. She was bleeding slightly, no small amount of fear in her eyes. The moment she noticed Ilfen, she ran up to him. 

'If you're heading towards that tree, turn back! A pack of bearyena nested there, you'll die!' she said. Ilfen quickly helped her with her wounds. 

'Thanks for the information.' He quickly said. He had to go tell Haran. After all, she was the leader now. 

20221218162840_1.thumb.jpg.f028fd1ed44a66f4e993b5d1cd9920e2.jpg

20221218162951_1.thumb.jpg.8df462a861604025c4f83d95e00bd62b.jpg

'Can I stay?' the stranger blurted out, just as Ilfen was about to leave. 'Please, I have nowhere else to go.' Ilfen thought for a moment before shrugging, as always avoiding her eyes. 

'Sure, I guess. I'm Ilfen.' He said. 

'I'm Delta.' she replied with a relieved sigh. She followed Ilfen back to Haran, who decided their new course would be towards the beach. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

this reminds me of Seri's whims of fate reboot where she played on deadly hills and she kept getting bearyenas shoved in her face every second 

(if you dont know Seri is a youtuber who used to make a lot of niche content)

12 minutes ago, AndromedaTheGalaxyCat said:

this reminds me of Seri's whims of fate reboot where she played on deadly hills and she kept getting bearyenas shoved in her face every second 

(if you dont know Seri is a youtuber who used to make a lot of niche content)

(I actually used to watch Seri as well! She used to be my favourite youtuber lol.

Also I have a newfound hate for bearyenas lmao.) 

36 minutes ago, YourLocalStranger said:

(I actually used to watch Seri as well! She used to be my favourite youtuber lol.

Also I have a newfound hate for bearyenas lmao.) 

imo balance bears are worse. whenever i play on a snow biome one of those stupid things appears so i have to run away but when i run away ANOTHER ONE appears in the direction im running in.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, AndromedaTheGalaxyCat said:

imo balance bears are worse. whenever i play on a snow biome one of those stupid things appears so i have to run away but when i run away ANOTHER ONE appears in the direction im running in.

(I KNOW RIGHT, THEY NEVER LEAVE YOU ALONE) 

• Like 1

(Merry Christmas everyone, sorry I haven't been posting, life is chaotic sometimes lol) 

The tribe had been running from the bearyena that attacked them earlier. No one smelt it right now, but they were still way too close to their old territory. Aihu was very old, and she struggled with keeping up. Adder was quiet, and never said much so he stayed behind with his mother as the rest of the tribe went on. Kass talked to Haran at one point, trying to tell her to slow down, but all he got was a claw across the face for his troubles. 'Those who are slow, get left behind' Haran had hissed, and no one dared oppose her. Kass and Ilfen both decided to walk at the back, to help Aihu not get left behind. Delta was also slightly older, so she tagged along with them. They had been walking for a while, and were catching up to the rest of the tribe, when a smaller bearyena leaped out at them, landing on Adder. He gave a yelp of pain, and Aihu thought she heard the crack of bone. They all leapt onto the bearyena, growling and clawing and biting, and it was overwhelmed and fell quickly, the only creature who was wounded was Adder, who said he'd be fine. Ilfen went ahead and brought him a healing fruit anyway, and Adder ate it gratefully. 

20221218163206_1.thumb.jpg.8e22923a7532e498ec4754b82e8ba0e1.jpg

It wasn't two days later when another bearyena attacked. This one was taller and stronger and by the looks of it, smarter. 

20221218163304_1.thumb.jpg.eafea9c0a2547e81c2d167678c3f9756.jpg

Kass was directly in front of it, and even though he heard it, he had no idea which way to go. He jumped out of the way just as it barreled past, then it turned around, it's beady eyes locked onto him. 

'Kass!' Ilfen cried, running towards his friend. He pushed Kass out of the way just in time, and the bearyena clawed all the way down his side, opening up a huge wound. Ilfen hissed in pain, but steadied himself and hit his claw across the muzzle of the beast. Adder jumped up onto its back and snapped its neck. It gave a groan, before collapsing. Delta had been watching this all from the sidelines, and while everyone was occupied with the battle, she stole the small amount of food Aihu had stores for the journey. There in fact, was no bearyena by the tree. Delta had made that all up. She just wanted to keep that territory for herself. Taking the food, she ran off, leaving the small group behind her. 

20221218163426_1.thumb.jpg.3b082c07ed9480b0a82bd32c71acb0a1.jpg

The moment Ilfen noticed, anger took him and he ignored the pain in his side. 

'That stinking thief! I should have just left her behind and-' he went two steps forward before collapsing from the pain. 

'She's already gone, there's nothing we can do. We should just do out best to catch up with the rest of the tribe.' Aihu soothed. Kass worriedly helped Ilfen up. 

'I can smell a healing fruit. I'll bring him there.' Kass quickly said, letting Ilfen lean on him as he guided him to the fruit. Aihu nodded. She was worried, but she trusted Kass, and she had to get Adder to the rest of the tribe. 

~

Ilfen and Kass had finally arrived, but the fruit wasn't ready for eating yet. The fruit only gave healing properties when it was open, and giving out a sour smell. This fruit looked like it was going to open in a couple of hours, but right now it was growing on the stalk, no smell coming from it. Kass paced worriedly after he was done patching up Ilfen so he wouldn't bleed anymore. If the fruit didn't grow in time, Ilfen would die. Kass couldn't bear to think of someone so close to him dying, because Kass was born weak and couldn't see, couldn't fight for himself. 

'Could you stop pacing? You're going to walk your paws off.' Ilfen muttered, grunting slightly as he moved into a more comfortable position. 

'Right. Sorry.' Kass said stiffly, and he sat down. Then he started chewing his tail nervously. Ilfen eyes snapped open, and he reached forward and batted Kass' tail out of his paws. 

'Would you stop that! You're more worried than I am, seriously!' Ilfen snapped. 'You never get worried. Whats gotten into you now? It's just a wound, that will heal once that fruit grows.' He said softly. 'And besides don't go worrying like that, it makes me feel bad.' He tried to laugh, but flinched from the pain. 

Kass felt slightly bad that his friend who was hurt, was comforting him. 'I-I'm just worried.' He finally said. 'Its because of me that your hurt like this. If I could see, If I could protect myself, then you wouldn't have been hurt.' Kass had his ears flattened against his head. Ilfen gaze softened. 

'Its not your fault, I chose to save you, and now I got hurt. But that doesn't matter because I'll be healed and fine in a little less than an hour. Don't blame yourself for something you didn't ask for. You didn't ask to be born blind.' For once Ilfen said something wise, and he leaned against Kass, taking a deep breath in. 'Besides, I wouldn't have done that if I didnt love you, right?' 

Kass stiffened with surprise, and for a moment Ilfen wished he could take back saying that, because of course Kass didn't love him. But then Kass leaned against Ilfen as well. 

'I'd do the same for you.' He smiled. 'I love you too.' 

20221218163558_1.thumb.jpg.d105d30b617b7c1f5e36db997915498c.jpg

~

Everyone had finally caught up with Harans main group, and for a moment it looked like this was a place they could settle in. That thought was shattered the second one of those huge bearyena found the camp. Haran ordered the tribe to run, and they ran. 

20221218163700_1.thumb.jpg.51cf8e742eb38f0871619e1e5198809c.jpg

~

Milo took a deep breath in. He had been putting this off for way too long. Haran had her paws full, of course, but Milo needed to tell her how much he admired her, how brave she was to lead the tribe to safety after her siblings died such tragic deaths. He walked up to her, and leaped onto a stump nearby. She didn't look impressed. 

'Get down from there, unless you want a bearyena to notice you.' Haran hissed. She didn't care if Milo got eaten, but his bright orange fur would lead a bearyena to the tribe, and to her. She didn't want to die just yet. Milo looked embarrassed and climbed down.

'I've been meaning to tell you something Haran...' He managed to cough out. 

'Well? Spit it out.' Haran didn't care in the slightest. 

'I'm in love with you! And I'd like to be your mate!' Milo said quickly, hoping that she'd accept. Harans eyes widened. She didn't love Milo, didn't even see him as a friend. But then again, she needed children to pass on her line, and for that she needed a mate. She smiled as sweetly as she could. 

'I'd love to be your mate... Milo.' she had to pause for a moment because she forgot his name, but he didn't seem to notice. His face was a picture of happiness. 

20221218163451_1.thumb.jpg.78f7c892b81eb6057f878155e9e61ec4.jpg

~

The tribe finally got to the coast, and Haran made everyone settle down. This would be their territory, for now. 

20221218163921_1.thumb.jpg.0e44af180ccc97b69443cbc3049ca5d1.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Kass and Ilfen were the last to catch up, and as they walked, they were followed by two disgusting rogues. Ilfen did his best to chase them off, but they left once they smelled the rest of the tribe. 

20221223151021_1.thumb.jpg.b2e2ef9a43853c1bec6663733a013c58.jpg

~

Jefi and Fern had finally settled down. Jefis nest was in the last piece of grass before the beach started. A beautiful pink kit squirmed in the nest mewing loudly. 

'We should name her Cheri.' Jefi decided, looking to her mate for approval. Fern nodded. He had never thought that he would be a father one day, but here he was. Even after all the bad things that had happened in this tribe, there was still some happiness. His thoughts were interrupted by squealing coming from the other side of the camp. 

20221223151416_1.thumb.jpg.d450de8b5cf31b63e0ccc17e534e74c8.jpg

20221223151401_1.thumb.jpg.2cb76a27581dd2596d6da43e33bc677f.jpg

It sounded like a kit?

'You should go check.' said Jefi, worry in her eyes as well. Fern ran to the other side of camp, and found Gold sitting in a nest, scowling down at her kit. He was a moss brown colour, with two very strong looking horns. 

20221223151324_1.thumb.jpg.778c7b0805b436ff9f8610a0e719b2a3.jpg

'Gold! Hey, everything alright?' Fern said, trying to calm her down. She looked extremely angry. She turned to look at him. 

'Do you want it?' she asked flatly. 

'Want.. What?' Fern replied. He could only hope she wasn't talking about the kit. 

'The kit! Or are you stupid AND deaf!?' she snarled. Fern had known Gold since she was a kit, and it always pained him to see the creature she had become. She used to be so kind, but Fay's death made her cold and cruel. Gold said she hated Haran, and vice versa, but Fern knew how similar they were. He sighed. 

'I already have my own kit.' He hated leaving this one behind, but in an island like this, he feared that taking care of more than one kit would most likely lead to the death of both of them. But he wouldn't let Gold harm it. 'Ask someone else, Aihu, maybe Kass if they want him.' Kass was kind hearted, he was sure to take the kit in. 

The kit looked up at the two in confusion. He had no idea what was going on. He squealed again, trying to say he was hungry. Gold only snarled, and picked it up roughly by the scruff. She stalked off, leaving Fern there. He sighed and followed. He wanted the kit to be safe, at least, even if he wasn't going to be the one who cared for it. 

Kass was picking berries, Ilfen was close by. Ilfen saw Gold approaching them, and immediately frowned. What was she carrying? 

'Do you want it?' she said, dumping the kit at Kass' feet. 

'A kit.' Ilfen stared in shock. 'But isn't it yours?' Gold looked at him and growled. 

'Not anymore.' she said viciously. She didn't even let Kass answer before leaving. Apparently, the kit wasn't her problem anymore. Kass picked the kit up and warmed it with his fluffy tail. 

'We can't just leave him.' He said. 'Gold won't take care of him, even though its hers.' He thought out loud. At least it was old enough to eat berries. He fed it a berry and it seemed to calm down. 

'Then we will. Even though I have no idea how to care for a kit.' Ilfen said, trying to sound confident. 

'I'm sure we'll figure it out.' Kass laughed. 'Let's call you Fenris, little one. In my old tribe, it meant brave.' 

'That's a good name for him.' Ilfen agreed.

20221223151653_1.thumb.jpg.64db4249c276d6e0ce5c825cc056ffce.jpg

20221223151255_1.thumb.jpg.a86d2cebea97629b59a4f9db82446e4d.jpg

~

20221223151056_1.thumb.jpg.e046622497af43bd2dd90c10731cc605.jpg

Aihu and Adder sat in silence, staring out at the sea. Aihus fur was almost all gray, and she was tired most days. Adder almost never spoke, so the silence was normal for them.

'Adder..' Aihu began. 'I'm getting old. I am old. A few days is all I have left, I think. But I dont want to leave you.' she said sadly. She never had a mate, and the closest creature she had to a mother died long ago. Adder was the only family she had. Adder sat quietly for a moment. 

'I'll be fine. I just... You know when you said that all creatures who die see each other again, eventually? That's true, right? I'll see you again?' he asked, his voice close to breaking. 

'You will.' she said. She couldn't promise, not when she only half believed in it. But she wanted Adder to believe, to not mourn her for too long. 'So this isn't a goodbye, but just a long time we'll be apart. Then we'll see each other again.' 

Adder nodded, and the sun set. The next day, Aihu was lying still beside him. 

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

7 minutes ago, YourLocalStranger said:

Kass and Ilfen were the last to catch up, and as they walked, they were followed by two disgusting rogues. Ilfen did his best to chase them off, but they left once they smelled the rest of the tribe. 

~

Jefi and Fern had finally settled down. Jefis nest was in the last piece of grass before the beach started. A beautiful pink kit squirmed in the nest mewing loudly. 

'We should name her Cheri.' Jefi decided, looking to her mate for approval. Fern nodded. He had never thought that he would be a father one day, but here he was. Even after all the bad things that had happened in this tribe, there was still some happiness. His thoughts were interrupted by squealing coming from the other side of the camp. 

It sounded like a kit?

'You should go check.' said Jefi, worry in her eyes as well. Fern ran to the other side of camp, and found Gold sitting in a nest, scowling down at her kit. He was a moss brown colour, with two very strong looking horns. 

'Gold! Hey, everything alright?' Fern said, trying to calm her down. She looked extremely angry. She turned to look at him. 

'Want.. What?' Fern replied. He could only hope she wasn't talking about the kit. 

'The kit! Or are you stupid AND deaf!?' she snarled. Fern had known Gold since she was a kit, and it always pained him to see the creature she had become. She used to be so kind, but Fay's death made her cold and cruel. Gold said she hated Haran, and vice versa, but Fern knew how similar they were. He sighed. 

'I already have my own kit.' He hated leaving this one behind, but in an island like this, he feared that taking care of more than one kit would most likely lead to the death of both of them. But he wouldn't let Gold harm it. 'Ask someone else, Aihu, maybe Kass if they want him.' Kass was kind hearted, he was sure to take the kit in. 

The kit looked up at the two in confusion. He had no idea what was going on. He squealed again, trying to say he was hungry. Gold only snarled, and picked it up roughly by the scruff. She stalked off, leaving Fern there. He sighed and followed. He wanted the kit to be safe, at least, even if he wasn't going to be the one who cared for it. 

Kass was picking berries, Ilfen was close by. Ilfen saw Gold approaching them, and immediately frowned. What was she carrying? 

'A kit.' Ilfen stared in shock. 'But isn't it yours?' Gold looked at him and growled. 

'Not anymore.' she said viciously. She didn't even let Kass answer before leaving. Apparently, the kit wasn't her problem anymore. Kass picked the kit up and warmed it with his fluffy tail. 

'We can't just leave him.' He said. 'Gold won't take care of him, even though its hers.' He thought out loud. At least it was old enough to eat berries. He fed it a berry and it seemed to calm down. 

'Then we will. Even though I have no idea how to care for a kit.' Ilfen said, trying to sound confident. 

'I'm sure we'll figure it out.' Kass laughed. 'Let's call you Fenris, little one. In my old tribe, it meant brave.' 

~

Aihu and Adder sat in silence, staring out at the sea. Aihus fur was almost all gray, and she was tired most days. Adder almost never spoke, so the silence was normal for them.

'Adder..' Aihu began. 'I'm getting old. I am old. A few days is all I have left, I think. But I dont want to leave you.' she said sadly. She never had a mate, and the closest creature she had to a mother died long ago. Adder was the only family she had. Adder sat quietly for a moment. 

'I'll be fine. I just... You know when you said that all creatures who die see each other again, eventually? That's true, right? I'll see you again?' he asked, his voice close to breaking. 

'You will.' she said. She couldn't promise, not when she only half believed in it. But she wanted Adder to believe, to not mourn her for too long. 'So this isn't a goodbye, but just a long time we'll be apart. Then we'll see each other again.' 

Cheri is really pretty and I already love Fenris :3

• Paw up 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, CosmicChaos21 said:

Cheri is really pretty and I already love Fenris :3

And Fenris is one of my favourites right now as well, though I really like Lilit as well. (aghhh I need to write about her more) 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, YourLocalStranger said:

Cheri is actually one of my prettiest nichelings right now. Just saying. 

Nice, if she ever has pups I hope they'll be super pretty too :3

7 minutes ago, YourLocalStranger said:

And Fenris is one of my favourites right now as well, though I really like Lilit as well. (aghhh I need to write about her more) 

Yeah, but um which one was Lilit again?(I have bad memory lol-)

Also a bit off topic but I still think it's funny that the day you found lifen on this playthrough I found Splotch on adventures of alarm and awe the same day because Ii think they look pretty similar.

• Paw up 2

2 hours ago, YourLocalStranger said:

~

It sounded like a kit?

~

bruh Gold is a child abandoner we need to call paw patrol /j

• Haha 2

@YourLocalStranger i know this is completely unrelated but i made a new tribe on summer mountains and this girl came along. she has double deformed paws, shortsighted eyes, recessive hemophilia, bad fertility, and 2 immunity genes the tribe already has, but she also has heat body, recessive antenna and recessive purr snout. should i invite or not?

IMG_20221228_194339.jpg

2 hours ago, Andromeda_ said:

@YourLocalStranger i know this is completely unrelated but i made a new tribe on summer mountains and this girl came along. she has double deformed paws, shortsighted eyes, recessive hemophilia, bad fertility, and 2 immunity genes the tribe already has, but she also has heat body, recessive antenna and recessive purr snout. should i invite or not?

IMG_20221228_194339.jpg

Purr snout+heat body=YeS

Unless you already have these Gene's. But if you don't I would jump at the chance to get them. Plus u have a lot of food it looks like. Can always breed out bad genes later.

10 hours ago, Andromeda_ said:

IMG_20221228_194339.jpg

I think you should invite her! 

22 hours ago, CosmicChaos21 said:

Nice, if she ever has pups I hope they'll be super pretty too :3

Yeah, but um which one was Lilit again?(I have bad memory lol-)

Also a bit off topic but I still think it's funny that the day you found lifen on this playthrough I found Splotch on adventures of alarm and awe the same day because Ii think they look pretty similar.

Lilit is Golds sister, the pink one with one deformed paw and ram horns. 

Confession time I needed new members so I bred Mimi and said she found him, because she's ace and wouldn't want to have a mate or anything. Yeah just thought I'd tell you. But yeah they do look pretty similar lol. 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, YourLocalStranger said:

Lilit is Golds sister, the pink one with one deformed paw and ram horns. 

Confession time I needed new members so I bred Mimi and said she found him, because she's ace and wouldn't want to have a mate or anything. Yeah just thought I'd tell you. But yeah they do look pretty similar lol. 

Ah alright, thanks.

Fair enough, honestly that might've been a good story way to have Magma have her own pup hm. Also I love all your nichelings, they're very interesting.

• Thanks 1

(sorry for not updating, my motivation left with my inspiration to have a cup of tea, and drinking tea took them three days.) 

Lilits paw splashed through the water. The fish she had been trying to catch darted away, leaving Lilit frustrated with herself. She had been trying to fish for the tribe all evening, but she just couldn't. She huffed angrily and sat down in the sand. Its not like she could talk to anyone about it either, her mother and father were dead, and Gold had become as bad as Haran. At first Lilit tried to get her sister to be kind again, and Lilit did her best to be kind to Gold, but whatever had broken in her sisters head the day their mother had died couldn't be repaired. Now she mourned over her entire family, because even if her sister was technically alive, it didn't matter because she was as cruel as Haran. Lilit stood up and tried again, trying to grasp at the fish with her claws. It didn't work. Again. She shut her eyes tight, but when she opened them, Haran was standing there. Milo hung a little bit back, trying to fish for worms. 

'How's fishing going?' asked Haran. It was an innocent question, but Lilit knew better. 

'Fine.' Lilit replied, before realising she had no fish piled around her. Why did she have to be such a terrible liar? 

'You know, fish are bigger, and easier to catch in deeper waters. You should go out there, it'll be easier to catch them out there.' Haran said, that awful smile still on her face. Lilit went pale under her fur. 

'I-I can't swim. Hardly any of us can. You know that. I'm not going out there.' Lilit tried to keep the trembling from her voice. 

20221223151911_1.thumb.jpg.db84a48fc15c80fc12b3db9b6557e889.jpg

'I don't care if you can't swim.' Harans voice dropped dangerously low. 'Your tribe, your leader, is hungry, and I wany you to get me some fish. Now go.' she said that last part primly, and for a moment Lilit wondered if she ran would she still be a part of the tribe, or exiled. She didn't have time to finish wondering, because Haran pushed her into the current, laughing to herself. Lilit gasped and tried to stay above the water, but it was too strong. She battled her way to shore, a long way off from where Haran pushed her in, and lay on the beach, spluttering. She stayed there for a second, her fur wet through, her throat raw from all the saltwater. Lilit gritted her teeth. She was so close to just telling Haran she had to leave, but the tribe wouldn't be with her.

Kass had a good heart, but he was afraid. To go back to a life where he had to constantly hide, not knowing what was attacking him, would be too much for the pale white creature. 

Lilit knew Ilfen hated Haran, but she didn't think he would risk the lives of his mate and son, to try and chase out a leader that might use force to stay. 

Jefi and Fern also had a daughter, and while Haran was cruel, it was better for them to live in a tribe like this than a smaller tribe with no leader. 

Gold would do the exact opposite of what Lilit wanted to do, no matter what it was. Lilit couldn't risk telling her plan to her sister. 

Adder just didn't care. He wanted to live in a tribe, away from bearyena. He didn't care who led it, or how bad they were. 

And Milo was a lovestruck fool. He thought Haran was this amazing creature, and refused to wake up and see who his mate really was. 

Lilit sighed and struggled to her paws. She didn't know what to do. 

~

(this is the first time I had to put a trigger warning before anything, so please tell me if I'm doing this right. 

Tw: a kit dies in this post) 

Gold sat at the edge of the territory. She barely heard the tribe's chattering, but still. It felt too close for comfort. She looked down at the kit between her paws, disgust in her eyes. It had a deformed snout, its paws were crippled, and it was a sickly yellow colour. Disgusting. She looked out at the ocean. The waves were starting to get choppy, and Gold knew a storm was coming. 

20221223151950_1.thumb.jpg.0dd1af54c3ee5769728c3d7d640ecb11.jpg

The kit below her was perfectly healthy. But it was weak. Useless. She doubted even Ilfen and Kass would take care of, and raise, such a worthless creature. Without a second thought, she tipped the kit into the ocean. It gave a short cry just before it hit the water, then it was silent. Gold scowled down at it. Then she picked up the leaves of her makeshift nest, and left. Best not to leave anything that could be traced back to her. She left the beach, without even looking back. 

(tw warning over) 

~

Lilit had found something as she was wandering the shores. It broke her heart, really, and she had to go tell someone. Even if that someone was Gold. She walked up to her, the thing she found carried gently on her back, before she slid it down onto the sand. 

'Gold..' she started. 'I found...A dead kit. Will you help me Bury the poor child? I didn't know who else to ask.' Lilit said quietly, looking down with sadness onto the poor kit. It was crippled, and Lilit didn't know if that was why it was abandoned, but she didn't care. No kit should have to drown like that. But this island was cruel in unexpected ways. Gold stared down at it before she replied sharply. 

'You do it. You found the dead thing, so you bury it.' Gold snapped, but she looked away quickly, not letting her eyes look at the kit. 

'Gold! Dont be so heartless!' hissed Lilit. Gold had called it a thing. That wasn't right. Gold only shrugged and walked off, but quicker than usual. Lilit looked down sadly, and then she buried the poor thing. She didn't know where it came from, but she hoped it would have a happy life wherever it was now. 

20221223152225_1.thumb.jpg.bb58202652301576d6fd069f03a6682e.jpg

~

Fenris had been growing, and an adventurous personality emerged. He loved to explore and play, but he was also quick and clever, and knew when to hold his tongue. He was his parents pride and joy. He spent a lot of time with Cheri, as she was the only one his age, and the two become fast friends. Cheri was bold, and ready to fight, but also a lot more headstrong than Fenris. She was loud, and always enjoyed a good laugh. Adder was also a friend of theirs, but he was much more quiet and reserved. Adder and Fenris were both resting from a long day, and Fenris was waiting for Cheri. She said she'd come in the evening, so he waited until evening. Kass and Ilfen were quietly talking nearby, until Gold stalked up to them. As she walked past Fenris she gave him a shove and scowled at him. Fenris winced slightly, and Adder growled at her. Fenris knew Gold had never liked him, but he couldn't really understand why. Kass always just said that Gold didn't like anyone, but it was almost like she hated Fenris the most. Gold ignored both of them, and walked over to Ilfen and Kass. She said something loudly, and Ilfen replied quietly, but there was anger in his voice. Ilfen was looking at his paws, but Fenris knew that didn't mean his dad was weak. The three started arguing loudly, but a rustle in the bushes interrupted them. 

A bearyena rushed out, heading straight for Kass. Ilfen leaped at it, fighting back, and Gold reluctantly joined in. The three of them couldn't go against a bearyena! Fenris was going to run for help, but suddenly the bearyena locked its eyes on Adder. 

20221223151539_1.thumb.jpg.139ed3a347dce1734afa96ed9027c4c3.jpg

Fenris stood his ground. If Adder needed him, he had to help. It took him a moment to realise it wasn't looking at Adder. It was looking at him. 

20221223151548_1.thumb.jpg.1119d5053b802df0aca23fe4c9b58c67.jpg

The bearyena ran forward, snarling loudly. Adder yelped and hit it across the muzzle, and Fenris attacked one of its big clawed paws. 

'Both of you, get away!' yelled Ilfen, already running after the bearyena. Fenris looked back at the bearyena, and it was poised to kill. He closed his eyes and hoped it would end quickly. Suddenly, a flash of yellow and brown leaped in front of him, growling loudly. The bearyena jumped at Ilfen, but Ilfen was ready. Fenris ran out of the way, while Ilfen leaped up onto the bearyena and slashed its neck. Blood started leaking out, and Ilfen bit it in the back of its neck, causing it to keel over and die. Kass had run over, it took him a bit longer because he was blind, and Fenris darted over to his dad, sinking into his warm fur. 

'Hey, it's alright now. You're alright.' Kass said gently, hugging Fenris. Ilfen walked over, still bloody from the fight. 

'You alright?' he asked, looking his son over. 

'Yup!' Fenris smiled, glad his family was all unhurt. Adder hung back, looking at the dead bearyena. Fenris bounded up and gave him a hug too. Gold sat at the edges of the small crowd that had started to gather. She snarled at Fenris and his family once, before turning tail and leaving. Fenris ignored her. It was the first time he had seen a bearyena. He never wanted to see one again. 

• Like 3