Stray Fawn Community

The Deadly Isle

Stranger

4 hours ago, YourLocalStranger said:

(sorry for not updating, my motivation left with my inspiration to have a cup of tea, and drinking tea took them three days.) 

Lilits paw splashed through the water. The fish she had been trying to catch darted away, leaving Lilit frustrated with herself. She had been trying to fish for the tribe all evening, but she just couldn't. She huffed angrily and sat down in the sand. Its not like she could talk to anyone about it either, her mother and father were dead, and Gold had become as bad as Haran. At first Lilit tried to get her sister to be kind again, and Lilit did her best to be kind to Gold, but whatever had broken in her sisters head the day their mother had died couldn't be repaired. Now she mourned over her entire family, because even if her sister was technically alive, it didn't matter because she was as cruel as Haran. Lilit stood up and tried again, trying to grasp at the fish with her claws. It didn't work. Again. She shut her eyes tight, but when she opened them, Haran was standing there. Milo hung a little bit back, trying to fish for worms. 

'How's fishing going?' asked Haran. It was an innocent question, but Lilit knew better. 

'Fine.' Lilit replied, before realising she had no fish piled around her. Why did she have to be such a terrible liar? 

'You know, fish are bigger, and easier to catch in deeper waters. You should go out there, it'll be easier to catch them out there.' Haran said, that awful smile still on her face. Lilit went pale under her fur. 

'I-I can't swim. Hardly any of us can. You know that. I'm not going out there.' Lilit tried to keep the trembling from her voice. 

20221223151911_1.thumb.jpg.db84a48fc15c80fc12b3db9b6557e889.jpg

'I don't care if you can't swim.' Harans voice dropped dangerously low. 'Your tribe, your leader, is hungry, and I wany you to get me some fish. Now go.' she said that last part primly, and for a moment Lilit wondered if she ran would she still be a part of the tribe, or exiled. She didn't have time to finish wondering, because Haran pushed her into the current, laughing to herself. Lilit gasped and tried to stay above the water, but it was too strong. She battled her way to shore, a long way off from where Haran pushed her in, and lay on the beach, spluttering. She stayed there for a second, her fur wet through, her throat raw from all the saltwater. Lilit gritted her teeth. She was so close to just telling Haran she had to leave, but the tribe wouldn't be with her.

Kass had a good heart, but he was afraid. To go back to a life where he had to constantly hide, not knowing what was attacking him, would be too much for the pale white creature. 

Lilit knew Ilfen hated Haran, but she didn't think he would risk the lives of his mate and son, to try and chase out a leader that might use force to stay. 

Jefi and Fern also had a daughter, and while Haran was cruel, it was better for them to live in a tribe like this than a smaller tribe with no leader. 

Gold would do the exact opposite of what Lilit wanted to do, no matter what it was. Lilit couldn't risk telling her plan to her sister. 

Adder just didn't care. He wanted to live in a tribe, away from bearyena. He didn't care who led it, or how bad they were. 

And Milo was a lovestruck fool. He thought Haran was this amazing creature, and refused to wake up and see who his mate really was. 

Lilit sighed and struggled to her paws. She didn't know what to do. 

~

(this is the first time I had to put a trigger warning before anything, so please tell me if I'm doing this right. 

Tw: a kit dies in this post) 

Gold sat at the edge of the territory. She barely heard the tribe's chattering, but still. It felt too close for comfort. She looked down at the kit between her paws, disgust in her eyes. It had a deformed snout, its paws were crippled, and it was a sickly yellow colour. Disgusting. She looked out at the ocean. The waves were starting to get choppy, and Gold knew a storm was coming. 

20221223151950_1.thumb.jpg.0dd1af54c3ee5769728c3d7d640ecb11.jpg

The kit below her was perfectly healthy. But it was weak. Useless. She doubted even Ilfen and Kass would take care of, and raise, such a worthless creature. Without a second thought, she tipped the kit into the ocean. It gave a short cry just before it hit the water, then it was silent. Gold scowled down at it. Then she picked up the leaves of her makeshift nest, and left. Best not to leave anything that could be traced back to her. She left the beach, without even looking back. 

(tw warning over) 

~

Lilit had found something as she was wandering the shores. It broke her heart, really, and she had to go tell someone. Even if that someone was Gold. She walked up to her, the thing she found carried gently on her back, before she slid it down onto the sand. 

'Gold..' she started. 'I found...A dead kit. Will you help me Bury the poor child? I didn't know who else to ask.' Lilit said quietly, looking down with sadness onto the poor kit. It was crippled, and Lilit didn't know if that was why it was abandoned, but she didn't care. No kit should have to drown like that. But this island was cruel in unexpected ways. Gold stared down at it before she replied sharply. 

'You do it. You found the dead thing, so you bury it.' Gold snapped, but she looked away quickly, not letting her eyes look at the kit. 

'Gold! Dont be so heartless!' hissed Lilit. Gold had called it a thing. That wasn't right. Gold only shrugged and walked off, but quicker than usual. Lilit looked down sadly, and then she buried the poor thing. She didn't know where it came from, but she hoped it would have a happy life wherever it was now. 

20221223152225_1.thumb.jpg.bb58202652301576d6fd069f03a6682e.jpg

~

Fenris had been growing, and an adventurous personality emerged. He loved to explore and play, but he was also quick and clever, and knew when to hold his tongue. He was his parents pride and joy. He spent a lot of time with Cheri, as she was the only one his age, and the two become fast friends. Cheri was bold, and ready to fight, but also a lot more headstrong than Fenris. She was loud, and always enjoyed a good laugh. Adder was also a friend of theirs, but he was much more quiet and reserved. Adder and Fenris were both resting from a long day, and Fenris was waiting for Cheri. She said she'd come in the evening, so he waited until evening. Kass and Ilfen were quietly talking nearby, until Gold stalked up to them. As she walked past Fenris she gave him a shove and scowled at him. Fenris winced slightly, and Adder growled at her. Fenris knew Gold had never liked him, but he couldn't really understand why. Kass always just said that Gold didn't like anyone, but it was almost like she hated Fenris the most. Gold ignored both of them, and walked over to Ilfen and Kass. She said something loudly, and Ilfen replied quietly, but there was anger in his voice. Ilfen was looking at his paws, but Fenris knew that didn't mean his dad was weak. The three started arguing loudly, but a rustle in the bushes interrupted them. 

A bearyena rushed out, heading straight for Kass. Ilfen leaped at it, fighting back, and Gold reluctantly joined in. The three of them couldn't go against a bearyena! Fenris was going to run for help, but suddenly the bearyena locked its eyes on Adder. 

20221223151539_1.thumb.jpg.139ed3a347dce1734afa96ed9027c4c3.jpg

Fenris stood his ground. If Adder needed him, he had to help. It took him a moment to realise it wasn't looking at Adder. It was looking at him. 

20221223151548_1.thumb.jpg.1119d5053b802df0aca23fe4c9b58c67.jpg

The bearyena ran forward, snarling loudly. Adder yelped and hit it across the muzzle, and Fenris attacked one of its big clawed paws. 

'Both of you, get away!' yelled Ilfen, already running after the bearyena. Fenris looked back at the bearyena, and it was poised to kill. He closed his eyes and hoped it would end quickly. Suddenly, a flash of yellow and brown leaped in front of him, growling loudly. The bearyena jumped at Ilfen, but Ilfen was ready. Fenris ran out of the way, while Ilfen leaped up onto the bearyena and slashed its neck. Blood started leaking out, and Ilfen bit it in the back of its neck, causing it to keel over and die. Kass had run over, it took him a bit longer because he was blind, and Fenris darted over to his dad, sinking into his warm fur. 

'Hey, it's alright now. You're alright.' Kass said gently, hugging Fenris. Ilfen walked over, still bloody from the fight. 

'You alright?' he asked, looking his son over. 

'Yup!' Fenris smiled, glad his family was all unhurt. Adder hung back, looking at the dead bearyena. Fenris bounded up and gave him a hug too. Gold sat at the edges of the small crowd that had started to gather. She snarled at Fenris and his family once, before turning tail and leaving. Fenris ignored her. It was the first time he had seen a bearyena. He never wanted to see one again. 

ok now Gold needs to just just f off

• Paw up 3

It was a sunny day, and the waves lapped gently on the shore. Haran sat there, thinking. It had been a long time since they found this place. An even longer time since they left their old territory, by the tree. It was sure to be completely overgrown by now. She stood up and walked to a rock to make her announcement. They would move back to the tree, for a steady food source. 

~

Cheri was running ahead, laughing and making fun of Fenris. 

'Bet you can't catch me!' she teased, running just ahead of him. The grasses brushed her fur, and the distant shadow of a tree was visible. She had never been inland before, she'd only ever lived on the beach.

'I'll catch you if it's the last thing I do!' called Fenris, and he jumped up, knocking her down. They playfighted in the grass for a little while, until they heard a rustle in the bushes. A dull yellow creature emerged, with strong horns on her head. Her eyes glinted. She had a lot of wisdom to share. 

'Hello, children.' she smiled. On closer inspection, her fur was slightly grey. Fenris and Cheri both looked at each other. 

'Hello!' Cheri responded. 'My names Cheri, and this is Fenris.' 

'Wait! You can't just tell her our names!' hissed Fenris. The stranger only smiled. 

'My names Rook. Are you two part of a tribe? I'd like to join it if you are.' Rook said. Cheri thought for a moment, but then Ilfen finally caught up with them. Fenris explained everything. Ilfen sighed, and brought Rook to Haran. 

20221223152326_1.thumb.jpg.d5341768fd9cc96d960da18fddc1fc0c.jpg

20221223152533_1.thumb.jpg.f7bbdb398163ade37d7589e70e9d36b0.jpg

'She looked interesting.' Cheri mused. 'I wonder where she's from.' 

'Does it matter? Besides, since you're actually thinking for once in your life, I'm going to beat you to the tree!' Fenris laughed, racing off.

'Hey!' Cheri laughed, taking off after him. 

~

The first thing Haran did once she reached the tree, was to settle down in a nest and have her kit. He was spiky furred, like Milo, but he had Harans claw and snout. 

'I'm naming him Lupo.' Haran decided. She didn't even ask Milo, but he didn't seem to notice. As Haran looked at her kit, it seemed Lupo would be one of the only things she would ever love. 

20221223153420_1.thumb.jpg.e939c77d4cba5a3648193f406b1f55bc.jpg

20221223153412_1.thumb.jpg.5a1d88c80f3065fcc0497011a38516b5.jpg

~

Rook had been teaching Cheri. It turned out that Rook was an amazing fighter, and to be able to fight well was one of Cheris biggest dreams. Her mother, Jefi, was strong but preffered not to fight. Her father, Fern, didn't know how to fight, and taught his daughter how to steal food instead, much to Jefis annoyance. Cheri didn't know when she would ever need to steal food, but she was glad that her dad had taught these things to her anyway. 

'If something is looking at you head on, wait until they're running at you. Then jump out of the way and regain your footing immediately. You'll be able to strike at them then.' Rook instructed. Cheri nodded eagerly, and the two practised. She had wanted Fenris to do it with her, but he much preferred hunting, not fighting. A rustle in the bushes interrupted her lessons, and Rook immediately stiffened. 

'Bearyena.' she snarled. Cheri had only ever seen the dead bearyena Ilfen had killed. It had looked terrifying. She steeled herself, ready to attack. 

20221223152940_1.thumb.jpg.515d30cfb92f4a35f2862d19da78b199.jpg

It ran towards them, but Rook hit it first. Rook and Cheri both danced around it, clawing it at any opening they got. Jefi and Fern heard the commotion, and ran to their daughter as fast as they could. When they arrived, the bearyena was lying on the ground with Cheri proudly standing over it. Rook was close, praising Cheri for being such a good learner. Jefi breathed a sigh of relief, and ran towards her daughter. 

~

Ilfen had been inspecting the place, making sure no bearyena were nearby. And no Delta. He wouldn't make the same mistake of inviting that thief into the tribe again. Kass was close, picking berries from the very bush Mimi had liked to sit at, so long ago. Fenris was also within sight, mainly because Ilfen was slightly paranoid and couldn't really agree that this place was safe. To him, it wasnt safe. Fenris ran forward a rabbit in his mouth. 

'Look! Look! I hunted a rabbit, just like you showed me dad!' Fenris was beaming, extremely happy with himself. 

'Well done Fen. You're even better at it than Ilfen is!' Kass grinned, slightly teasing. Ilfen chuckled a bit. 

'Better than me?' he asked, joking as well. He went up to Fenris and gave him a hug. 'Well done, Fenris.' 

20221223152932_1.thumb.jpg.e6cc4a0511b93b7800029e1519f88290.jpg

• Like 3

On 12/28/2022 at 6:00 AM, YourLocalStranger said:

Kass and Ilfen were the last to catch up, and as they walked, they were followed by two disgusting rogues. Ilfen did his best to chase them off, but they left once they smelled the rest of the tribe. 

20221223151021_1.thumb.jpg.b2e2ef9a43853c1bec6663733a013c58.jpg

~

Jefi and Fern had finally settled down. Jefis nest was in the last piece of grass before the beach started. A beautiful pink kit squirmed in the nest mewing loudly. 

'We should name her Cheri.' Jefi decided, looking to her mate for approval. Fern nodded. He had never thought that he would be a father one day, but here he was. Even after all the bad things that had happened in this tribe, there was still some happiness. His thoughts were interrupted by squealing coming from the other side of the camp. 

20221223151416_1.thumb.jpg.d450de8b5cf31b63e0ccc17e534e74c8.jpg

20221223151401_1.thumb.jpg.2cb76a27581dd2596d6da43e33bc677f.jpg

It sounded like a kit?

'You should go check.' said Jefi, worry in her eyes as well. Fern ran to the other side of camp, and found Gold sitting in a nest, scowling down at her kit. He was a moss brown colour, with two very strong looking horns. 

20221223151324_1.thumb.jpg.778c7b0805b436ff9f8610a0e719b2a3.jpg

'Gold! Hey, everything alright?' Fern said, trying to calm her down. She looked extremely angry. She turned to look at him. 

'Do you want it?' she asked flatly. 

'Want.. What?' Fern replied. He could only hope she wasn't talking about the kit. 

'The kit! Or are you stupid AND deaf!?' she snarled. Fern had known Gold since she was a kit, and it always pained him to see the creature she had become. She used to be so kind, but Fay's death made her cold and cruel. Gold said she hated Haran, and vice versa, but Fern knew how similar they were. He sighed. 

'I already have my own kit.' He hated leaving this one behind, but in an island like this, he feared that taking care of more than one kit would most likely lead to the death of both of them. But he wouldn't let Gold harm it. 'Ask someone else, Aihu, maybe Kass if they want him.' Kass was kind hearted, he was sure to take the kit in. 

The kit looked up at the two in confusion. He had no idea what was going on. He squealed again, trying to say he was hungry. Gold only snarled, and picked it up roughly by the scruff. She stalked off, leaving Fern there. He sighed and followed. He wanted the kit to be safe, at least, even if he wasn't going to be the one who cared for it. 

Kass was picking berries, Ilfen was close by. Ilfen saw Gold approaching them, and immediately frowned. What was she carrying? 

'Do you want it?' she said, dumping the kit at Kass' feet. 

'A kit.' Ilfen stared in shock. 'But isn't it yours?' Gold looked at him and growled. 

'Not anymore.' she said viciously. She didn't even let Kass answer before leaving. Apparently, the kit wasn't her problem anymore. Kass picked the kit up and warmed it with his fluffy tail. 

'We can't just leave him.' He said. 'Gold won't take care of him, even though its hers.' He thought out loud. At least it was old enough to eat berries. He fed it a berry and it seemed to calm down. 

'Then we will. Even though I have no idea how to care for a kit.' Ilfen said, trying to sound confident. 

'I'm sure we'll figure it out.' Kass laughed. 'Let's call you Fenris, little one. In my old tribe, it meant brave.' 

'That's a good name for him.' Ilfen agreed.

20221223151653_1.thumb.jpg.64db4249c276d6e0ce5c825cc056ffce.jpg

20221223151255_1.thumb.jpg.a86d2cebea97629b59a4f9db82446e4d.jpg

~

20221223151056_1.thumb.jpg.e046622497af43bd2dd90c10731cc605.jpg

Aihu and Adder sat in silence, staring out at the sea. Aihus fur was almost all gray, and she was tired most days. Adder almost never spoke, so the silence was normal for them.

'Adder..' Aihu began. 'I'm getting old. I am old. A few days is all I have left, I think. But I dont want to leave you.' she said sadly. She never had a mate, and the closest creature she had to a mother died long ago. Adder was the only family she had. Adder sat quietly for a moment. 

'I'll be fine. I just... You know when you said that all creatures who die see each other again, eventually? That's true, right? I'll see you again?' he asked, his voice close to breaking. 

'You will.' she said. She couldn't promise, not when she only half believed in it. But she wanted Adder to believe, to not mourn her for too long. 'So this isn't a goodbye, but just a long time we'll be apart. Then we'll see each other again.' 

Adder nodded, and the sun set. The next day, Aihu was lying still beside him. 

i just read this and realized that this was the Cheri i drew

On 12/31/2022 at 10:17 AM, Andromeda_ said:

ok now Gold needs to just just f off

On 1/1/2023 at 5:28 AM, YourLocalStranger said:

Truer words have never been spoken

Well to be fair Gold doesn't have any love in her heart. Which really isn't her fault seeing as her mother died in front of her and it seems multiple rogues have probably ra***d her. 

But killing your own child is definitely cold and evil. 

• Paw up 1

3 hours ago, Andromeda_ said:

also i hope haran changes. i kinda like her a little, and we have hope since she might actually love her kit.

That would be a cool idea

• Like 2

(sorry for not updating, I just didn't feel like writing this week, and I didn't want to force myself to continue this) 

The tribe had been living peacefully for a little while now. But good things like that never last. A huge bearyena crazed with hunger tore it's way through Golds defences and started attacking Cheri. Most of the tribe was in the area, and while Cheri wanted to fight, Rook pulled her away. Gold immediately leaped towards the bearyena, hate in her eyes. Adder stood in front of Cheri, ready to fight if he needed to. 

20221223153032_1.thumb.jpg.b79d45a8df08a7b6e0a5bb6b38ef0fb1.jpg

Haran was looking at this all from underneath the tree. With the medium sized tribe they had, and with how weak everyone was from all that travelling, she didn't think they'd win against a bearyena. The tribe could run, but the bearyena would follow. Haran was tired of being responsible for a bunch of fools. She picked up Lupo, and called for Milo to follow her. Perhaps out of all of those creatures, she might only miss Gold. Haran hated Gold with all her heart, but at least the yellow creature made the day's interesting. 

'Where are we going?' Milo said nervously. He glanced back at the rest of the tribe, still in chaos. Both Adder and Gold were locked in a fight with the bearyena, others rushing to help. 'We're not leaving them, are we?' 

'Let the fools die.' Haran said blankly. 'And if you want to go die with them, you can turn back around.' She glared at him. Lupo babbled happily away, not knowing what was happening. Milo looked scared for a moment. Then he nodded slightly. 

'You're my leader, I wouldn't just leave you behind.' Milo said, trying to sound confident, and ignoring the panicked screams that were growing quieter as they moved further away. 

'Good.' Haran smiled, and the two disappeared into the grasses. 

20221223153519_1.thumb.jpg.b6b662f3716d46c091530e2a8a97e61d.jpg

~

Lilit looked at the panic unfolding in front of her. Haran had left them. The bearyena had already killed her sister, Gold, and was now focusing on Adder. She had to do something. She had to do something. 

'Everyone, follow me!' she yelled as loud as she could. They could shake the bearyena off if they ran far enough. But maybe they didn't have to run. The scared tribe followed, away from the bearyena and towards Lilit. They all knew their territory was lost, all they could do was run. Lilit led everyone to a place near the beach. Jefi walked up to her quickly. 

'We're too close to the bearyena! We have to run further away!' Jefi insisted. Lilit shook her head. 

'If we run, it will catch us. Our only option now is to hide.' Lilit glanced around the tribe, and with a pang of sorrow, noticed that Adder wasn't there. The bearyena had killed him. 'Everyone, lie down in the tall grass and don't make a sound.' 

The small tribe obeyed, and a couple of hours passed in silence. The scent of bearyena was still strong, but it was getting weaker. 

'Lilit.' Jefi whispered. 'I need to have my kit.' Lilit thought for a moment. 

'Alright.' she whispered back. Have it down by the beach, the bearyena is less likely to hear over the sound of the waves. Jefi nodded and stepped out of her makeshift nest that she had been sitting in. 

20221223153816_1.thumb.jpg.906e32a8860e717b044e59a6b05c4dd9.jpg

~

Jefis kit was born the next day, and the bearyena still hadn't found them, so everyone was hoping that they'd come out of this alive. The kit was pink, and Jefi smiled down at it. She couldn't really think of a name for it yet, so she went to ask Fern. 

20221223153934_1.thumb.jpg.784aa6484eb0a9b7089ac18e78784601.jpg

20221223154007_1.thumb.jpg.172f1b8805b9c2e352d787c16e848a76.jpg

'How about Andromeda?' he said weakly. Jefi pulled a face. 

'That sounds like a mouthful.' she said. 

'In my old tribe it meant star walker.' Fern said. His fur was grey, and so was Jefis, but they both ignored it. 

'We can shorten it to Meda.' Cheri chirped, pulling the kit close. The family of four went to sleep that night. But Fern didn't wake up the next morning, and while Jefi had suspected it would happen soon, it didn't make her sorrow any easier to bear. 

20221223153923_1.thumb.jpg.8ebb4469d8d7d407afd76d5106fafc74.jpg

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

3 hours ago, YourLocalStranger said:

(sorry for not updating, I just didn't feel like writing this week, and I didn't want to force myself to continue this) 

The tribe had been living peacefully for a little while now. But good things like that never last. A huge bearyena crazed with hunger tore it's way through Golds defences and started attacking Cheri. Most of the tribe was in the area, and while Cheri wanted to fight, Rook pulled her away. Gold immediately leaped towards the bearyena, hate in her eyes. Adder stood in front of Cheri, ready to fight if he needed to. 

20221223153032_1.thumb.jpg.b79d45a8df08a7b6e0a5bb6b38ef0fb1.jpg

Haran was looking at this all from underneath the tree. With the medium sized tribe they had, and with how weak everyone was from all that travelling, she didn't think they'd win against a bearyena. The tribe could run, but the bearyena would follow. Haran was tired of being responsible for a bunch of fools. She picked up Lupo, and called for Milo to follow her. Perhaps out of all of those creatures, she might only miss Gold. Haran hated Gold with all her heart, but at least the yellow creature made the day's interesting. 

'Where are we going?' Milo said nervously. He glanced back at the rest of the tribe, still in chaos. Both Adder and Gold were locked in a fight with the bearyena, others rushing to help. 'We're not leaving them, are we?' 

'Let the fools die.' Haran said blankly. 'And if you want to go die with them, you can turn back around.' She glared at him. Lupo babbled happily away, not knowing what was happening. Milo looked scared for a moment. Then he nodded slightly. 

'You're my leader, I wouldn't just leave you behind.' Milo said, trying to sound confident, and ignoring the panicked screams that were growing quieter as they moved further away. 

'Good.' Haran smiled, and the two disappeared into the grasses. 

20221223153519_1.thumb.jpg.b6b662f3716d46c091530e2a8a97e61d.jpg

~

Lilit looked at the panic unfolding in front of her. Haran had left them. The bearyena had already killed her sister, Gold, and was now focusing on Adder. She had to do something. She had to do something. 

'Everyone, follow me!' she yelled as loud as she could. They could shake the bearyena off if they ran far enough. But maybe they didn't have to run. The scared tribe followed, away from the bearyena and towards Lilit. They all knew their territory was lost, all they could do was run. Lilit led everyone to a place near the beach. Jefi walked up to her quickly. 

'We're too close to the bearyena! We have to run further away!' Jefi insisted. Lilit shook her head. 

'If we run, it will catch us. Our only option now is to hide.' Lilit glanced around the tribe, and with a pang of sorrow, noticed that Adder wasn't there. The bearyena had killed him. 'Everyone, lie down in the tall grass and don't make a sound.' 

The small tribe obeyed, and a couple of hours passed in silence. The scent of bearyena was still strong, but it was getting weaker. 

'Lilit.' Jefi whispered. 'I need to have my kit.' Lilit thought for a moment. 

'Alright.' she whispered back. Have it down by the beach, the bearyena is less likely to hear over the sound of the waves. Jefi nodded and stepped out of her makeshift nest that she had been sitting in. 

20221223153816_1.thumb.jpg.906e32a8860e717b044e59a6b05c4dd9.jpg

~

Jefis kit was born the next day, and the bearyena still hadn't found them, so everyone was hoping that they'd come out of this alive. The kit was pink, and Jefi smiled down at it. She couldn't really think of a name for it yet, so she went to ask Fern. 

20221223153934_1.thumb.jpg.784aa6484eb0a9b7089ac18e78784601.jpg

20221223154007_1.thumb.jpg.172f1b8805b9c2e352d787c16e848a76.jpg

'How about Andromeda?' he said weakly. Jefi pulled a face. 

'That sounds like a mouthful.' she said. 

'In my old tribe it meant star walker.' Fern said. His fur was grey, and so was Jefis, but they both ignored it. 

'We can shorten it to Meda.' Cheri chirped, pulling the kit close. The family of four went to sleep that night. But Fern didn't wake up the next morning, and while Jefi had suspected it would happen soon, it didn't make her sorrow any easier to bear. 

20221223153923_1.thumb.jpg.8ebb4469d8d7d407afd76d5106fafc74.jpg

WHAT 

YOU NAMED A CHILD AFTER ME?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? 

or maybe you just thought of it on your own

• Like 2
  • Eek! 2

6 hours ago, Andromeda_ said:

WHAT 

YOU NAMED A CHILD AFTER ME?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!? 

or maybe you just thought of it on your own

I named a child after you 👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍👍

• Paw up 1

Meda was still young, so Lilit decided that she, Ilfen, Kass and Fenris would scout ahead. Jefi, Cheri and Andromeda would stay where they were for now. This annoyed Cheri to no end, because she wanted to help the tribe, but Jefi convinced her to stay with Meda for now. Rook also decided to stay, mainly because she was too old to go prancing around and running from bearyena. 

'We'll try and sneak around the bearyena.' Lilit whispered. It was going alright, and she still didn't hear anything that could be dangerous. Maybe this path would be safe after all, to get everyone out of the bearyenas way. No such luck, as the bearyena that attacked the camp earlier ran out of the bushes, it's teeth bared. Ilfen yelped, before steeling himself and running forward, to shield his mate and son. 

'We have to leave!' yelled Lilit, backtracking the way they had came. 

'It'll just follow us back to the others!' Ilfen hissed. He thought for a moment. He had lived a good life. He had a family, and while he wasn't too old, while he wanted to live for just a bit longer, he knew what he had to do. 'Go! I'll hold it off!' he said, dodging a blow. 

'I'm staying with you.' Kass immediately said. Fenris's eyes grew wide and desperate. 

'Wait! Just come with us! The bearyena won't follow, we'll be quick!' Fenris knew his words were a lie, but he badly wanted his parents to stay with him. Kass turned towards Fenris's voice. 

'I'm sorry.' He said softly. 'But I have to do this. I can't leave Ilfen. You are strong and brave Fenris, and we're both so proud of you. Take care of yourself, okay?' Kass gave one last smile, before running off to where the fight was. Kass couldn't fight, he couldn't see what he was doing. He knows Ilfen will die. He wants to die with his mate. Lilit thought, sadness filling her. 

'Alright dad....' Fenris whispered, but Lilit had to drag him away. They had to warn the others. And Kass and Ilfen were providing a distraction, they had to use that. 

20221223154339_1.thumb.jpg.30bcdcf0e9f87837572099a7220d857e.jpg

~

On the other side of the island, it was relatively peaceful. A scraggly young bearyena thought it was a good idea to pick a fight with Haran, and paid the price for it. She also had another son, who she named King. Lupo had grown and was a jokester who never took anything seriously. But unlike his mother, he wouldn't hurt a fly, much to Harans annoyance, but she loved him anyway. Perhaps her family was the only thing she could ever love. 

20221223154144_1.thumb.jpg.45a43ae20f137b8115efa9b60697dd4e.jpg

King and Lupo developed a brotherly bond. They were about the same age, so they understood each other. King was ambitious, but kind and respectful. Haran was constantly teaching them how to fight and defend themselves, and Milo would sometimes tell then stories and teach them how to fish for clams. It was peaceful, but for the two young creatures, incredibly boring. 

20221223155052_1.thumb.jpg.578ce7fa6b3e3566df927c2badc8f8b5.jpg

Lupo lazed in the sun for a little while until King came over. He grinned as his brother approached. King had that look on his face that meant he had an idea. 

'Lupo, I have an idea. What if we snuck out of our little territory, and tried to find someone else. Someone not from our family?' King said. Lupo thought for a moment. 

'It would be cool. I only know like, three creatures in the while entire world. Dad tells stories about huge tribe's with lots of creatures. What if we found one!' Lupo grinned, warming up to the idea. 

'Let's go then!' King said, not realising the shadow looming over him. 

'You won't be going anywhere.' Haran said sternly, leaving no room for discussion. Lupo still tried though.

'But mom..' He said weakly. 'We just want to see-' 

'Out there is just danger!' she snapped. 'Bearyena everywhere! Do you want to get eaten?!' Her tone softened a bit. 'I just want you two safe. I won't be here forever to protect you.' 

The two brothers nodded reluctantly and left the matter. King still wanted to sneak out, but maybe next time he wouldn't be so loud when explaining his plan. 

~

(Also I just realised in all the previous posts I forgot to include Jefis stammer soooo-) 

The little tribe had been travelling for a while now. You could barely call it a tribe anymore, it was so small. They finally got out of the bearyenas territory, and were now all sitting nearby a stump, deciding what to do. 

'We need a leader.' Jefi said. 'We are not, we arent getting far without someone who knows what uh, what they're doing.' 

'It should be you mom, you're really experienced!' Cheri chirped. 

'You mean old?' Jefi laughed. 'It can't be me, I'm too old.' 

'I think it should be Lilit.' Fenris said.

'She's the obvious choice, after all she's done to help.' Rook nodded. Both Cheri and Jefi agreed, and Meda just went along with what they were all saying. Lilit smiled and looked at the ground. 

'I'll just be a temporary leader. Until we find someone better.' she said, slightly embarrassed, but happy they all trusted her like this. 'I'll do my best to keep everyone safe.' 

20221223154605_1.thumb.jpg.128e120b4532d0f315cf0f1e91bf8d95.jpg

~

And at the other end of the island, Haran had her third and final child, Cane. 

20221223154742_1.thumb.jpg.9b0b957bffbd11f756bc6a533da44c14.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 1

The small tribe became nomadic. There was too little of them to defend a territory should a bearyena or a rival tribe attack, so they wandered. It wasn't a very safe way of living, but they got by. At one point a rogue tried to come close, but Fenris and Cheri chased it off.

20221223154845_1.thumb.jpg.b3803022fa71990b232bd50681191f4d.jpg

Fenris and Cheri had been talking. 

'Meda is such a handful!' groaned Cheri. 'I wasn't like that when I was younger, was I? Please don't tell me I was like that.' 

Fenris grinned. 'You were exactly like her.' He laughed. 'As far as I remember. My memory has so much holes in it, its like one of those underwater coral plants we used to look at.' 

Cheri stuck out her tongue at him. 'Imagine having a bad memory!' 

'Hey!' Fenris laughed, knowing she was just teasing him. But his mind strayed for a moment, back to what he had wanted to ask Cheri for the longest time. He shuffled uncomfortably for a moment. Cheri immediately noticed. 

'You alright? I take it back, your memory isn't that bad.' she said, looking at her friend. 

'No, it's not that...' Fenris muttered. He had to say it. 'Have you ever liked someone? Like wanted to be their mate?' Cheri thought for a moment.

'Maybe I had a small crush on Adder, when we were little.' she smiled. 'But I haven't really met anyone else. I do want to have a mate one day though.' Fenris deflated slightly, sadness creeping into his face. 'Why are you asking me this?' Cheri asked, a hint of suspicion in her voice. 

'It's just... I'm not like that.' He finally said. Once he started, he couldn't stop, and told everything to his best friend. 'I've never wanted a mate, I didn't ever feel like I'd be any happier with one. Maybe kits, but only if I found or adopted them. I just want to have friends and to explore and to have fun with my life, but everyone around finds a mate someday. I even asked Rook, and she said she had a mate once. Lilit said she'd like a mate as well. Why am I different Cheri?' Fenris' ears were flattened against his head, and he was obviously upset. Cheri's eyes widened, and she thought for a minute. 

'Nothing wrong with being different. If everyone has a mate, so what? If you feel like you don't need one, you don't need one. No one here will look at you any different if you have a mate or not. Trust me.' Cheri said. Fenris perked up with relief. 

'Thanks Cheri.' He smiled, hugging his friend. 

'Wow, I actually said something wise for once.' she joked, but hugged him back. 'No problem Fenris.' 

~

Rook had been getting older and older, and soon the tribe had to stop moving around completely. It was only a few days after they settled in a safe spot that Rook died. Cheri mourned her the most, because Rook was kind of like a very old, very wise sister to her. And now she was gone. 

20221223155134_1.thumb.jpg.c8792c153a755641c0aaf862c2a08651.jpg

~

Haran had been teaching Cane to fish. Out of all of the brothers, Cane was definitely the most mellow. He was kind and shy, and didn't think much of himself. He had definately taken after Milo. Suddenly, a scream erupted from the bushes, and was quickly silenced. It was Milo. Haran immediately got up to help him, but another bearyena ran in and knocked her into the water. Two of them. She scratched at its thick hide, and it roared in pain. King and Lupo heard the fighting and ran to help. Lupo ran to his dad's lifeless body, and King threw himself at the bearyena that attacked his mother. 

20221223155152_1.thumb.jpg.e40745b09e224627cecb495acc174877.jpg

'RUN!' Haran yelled. 'GET AWAY!'

'WE'RE NOT LEAVING YOU!' King screamed back, before getting hit across the face. He flew a few meters and landed in some grass. He groaned, meaning he was alive. The bearyena turned on CANE, slashing across his side and knocking him back. Haran roared with rage and threw herself between the bearyena and Cane.

'You have to leave!' she yelled again. One of her rare smiles appeared on her face. 'Don't worry about me. I'm doing this because I love you.' King had gotten up again. He gave one short nod, and ran forward, dragging Cane to his feet. Cane stumbled but ran after his brother. Cane was the youngest, and he didn't dare look back. His heart felt like it was being broken in two. King ran ahead, but a third bearyena blocked his path. He leaped around it, and knocked it off the stump it was on, leaving it on the ground. They had a few seconds. 

20221223155212_1.thumb.jpg.bd9ab9c8703afe0a78e13a1c103efcd9.jpg

Lupo grappled Cane, who was still stumbling from his wound, and the three ran through the bushes, not knowing were they were going, until the sounds of battle faded out behind them. Until they couldn't hear their mothers brave cries anymore. 

• Sad 3

8 hours ago, YourLocalStranger said:

The small tribe became nomadic. There was too little of them to defend a territory should a bearyena or a rival tribe attack, so they wandered. It wasn't a very safe way of living, but they got by. At one point a rogue tried to come close, but Fenris and Cheri chased it off.

20221223154845_1.thumb.jpg.b3803022fa71990b232bd50681191f4d.jpg

Fenris and Cheri had been talking. 

'Meda is such a handful!' groaned Cheri. 'I wasn't like that when I was younger, was I? Please don't tell me I was like that.' 

Fenris grinned. 'You were exactly like her.' He laughed. 'As far as I remember. My memory has so much holes in it, its like one of those underwater coral plants we used to look at.' 

Cheri stuck out her tongue at him. 'Imagine having a bad memory!' 

'Hey!' Fenris laughed, knowing she was just teasing him. But his mind strayed for a moment, back to what he had wanted to ask Cheri for the longest time. He shuffled uncomfortably for a moment. Cheri immediately noticed. 

'You alright? I take it back, your memory isn't that bad.' she said, looking at her friend. 

'No, it's not that...' Fenris muttered. He had to say it. 'Have you ever liked someone? Like wanted to be their mate?' Cheri thought for a moment.

'Maybe I had a small crush on Adder, when we were little.' she smiled. 'But I haven't really met anyone else. I do want to have a mate one day though.' Fenris deflated slightly, sadness creeping into his face. 'Why are you asking me this?' Cheri asked, a hint of suspicion in her voice. 

'It's just... I'm not like that.' He finally said. Once he started, he couldn't stop, and told everything to his best friend. 'I've never wanted a mate, I didn't ever feel like I'd be any happier with one. Maybe kits, but only if I found or adopted them. I just want to have friends and to explore and to have fun with my life, but everyone around finds a mate someday. I even asked Rook, and she said she had a mate once. Lilit said she'd like a mate as well. Why am I different Cheri?' Fenris' ears were flattened against his head, and he was obviously upset. Cheri's eyes widened, and she thought for a minute. 

'Nothing wrong with being different. If everyone has a mate, so what? If you feel like you don't need one, you don't need one. No one here will look at you any different if you have a mate or not. Trust me.' Cheri said. Fenris perked up with relief. 

'Thanks Cheri.' He smiled, hugging his friend. 

'Wow, I actually said something wise for once.' she joked, but hugged him back. 'No problem Fenris.' 

~

Rook had been getting older and older, and soon the tribe had to stop moving around completely. It was only a few days after they settled in a safe spot that Rook died. Cheri mourned her the most, because Rook was kind of like a very old, very wise sister to her. And now she was gone. 

20221223155134_1.thumb.jpg.c8792c153a755641c0aaf862c2a08651.jpg

~

Haran had been teaching Cane to fish. Out of all of the brothers, Cane was definitely the most mellow. He was kind and shy, and didn't think much of himself. He had definately taken after Milo. Suddenly, a scream erupted from the bushes, and was quickly silenced. It was Milo. Haran immediately got up to help him, but another bearyena ran in and knocked her into the water. Two of them. She scratched at its thick hide, and it roared in pain. King and Lupo heard the fighting and ran to help. Lupo ran to his dad's lifeless body, and King threw himself at the bearyena that attacked his mother. 

20221223155152_1.thumb.jpg.e40745b09e224627cecb495acc174877.jpg

'RUN!' Haran yelled. 'GET AWAY!'

'WE'RE NOT LEAVING YOU!' King screamed back, before getting hit across the face. He flew a few meters and landed in some grass. He groaned, meaning he was alive. The bearyena turned on CANE, slashing across his side and knocking him back. Haran roared with rage and threw herself between the bearyena and Cane.

'You have to leave!' she yelled again. One of her rare smiles appeared on her face. 'Don't worry about me. I'm doing this because I love you.' King had gotten up again. He gave one short nod, and ran forward, dragging Cane to his feet. Cane stumbled but ran after his brother. Cane was the youngest, and he didn't dare look back. His heart felt like it was being broken in two. King ran ahead, but a third bearyena blocked his path. He leaped around it, and knocked it off the stump it was on, leaving it on the ground. They had a few seconds. 

20221223155212_1.thumb.jpg.bd9ab9c8703afe0a78e13a1c103efcd9.jpg

Lupo grappled Cane, who was still stumbling from his wound, and the three ran through the bushes, not knowing were they were going, until the sounds of battle faded out behind them. Until they couldn't hear their mothers brave cries anymore. 

Never thought I would feel bad about Haran dying. So sad. 

4 hours ago, Chiyanna said:

Never thought I would feel bad about Haran dying. So sad. 

Same here lol, I first wanted her to die a death where no one cared, but then her family came along so I made it a sad death. 

• Paw up 1

4 hours ago, Chiyanna said:

Also I was shipping Cheri and Fenris. But you're the author and I guess you have your reasons

I guessed that some people would ship them, but I preferred them just friends! (sorry lol) 

• Like 1