Stray Fawn Community

The Deadly Isle

Stranger

(FINALLY GOT ONTO THE COMPUTER) 

King, Cane and Lupo had been walking for days now. They were hungry and tired, and Cane was getting weaker by the minute. Lupo walked up to King, whispering so Cane couldn't hear. 

'King, he's getting worse. We need to find a healing fruit, the ones dad told us about.' Lupo said urgently. 

'Well I don't smell any. What Cane needs is rest and food. He'll be better then.' King whispered back. Lupo shook his head in frustration. 

'Do you want him to die!? Like mom?! We need that fruit!' Lupo hissed, regretting it immediately. Kings ears flattened, and it was loud enough for Cane to hear. Cane said nothing, only looked at the ground and coughed quietly. 'Sorry.' Lupo mumbled. 'I didn't mean that.. I'll go find it. You stay here with Cane, okay?' King nodded and said nothing. Lupo inwardly cursed himself for being so harsh on his brother. It was easy to forget King was younger, with the way he acted. He was just as scared and worried as Lupo. After a little while of searching, Lupo found a fruit, and brought it back. Cane ate it, and the three cuddled together and fell asleep. It was going to be a cold night. 

20230115105821_1.thumb.jpg.bc03c6c2d95def7b7f1c27aafce83d7b.jpg

~

Jefi, Cheri and Meda were lying down together, looking at the sunset. Jefi spoke quietly. Her fur was grey, her voice and bones frail. It was hard to imagine such a strong creature could grow so old, but there was still a glint of youth in Jefis eyes. 

'Cheri, Meda, I know its going to uh, its going to be hard for you. But you are both so, so strong, and I believe in you so much. I love you.' Jefi said. She shivered slightly. Had it always been so cold on this island? 

'We love you too mom. I'll do my best to take care of the tribe, I promise.' Cheri said. She was usually so loud and cheeky, but now she was quiet. She was holding back tears, because Meda was already crying into her mothers fur. Cheri had to be strong for her sister. They both knew Jefi would leave soon. Why was it all so unfair? Meda had never known Fern, her dad, but Cheri had. And now her mothers was going to leave as well. 

'Don't be sad.' Jefi whispered, pulling the two into a hug. 'I'll always be with you.' The sun went down, and night fell. The next morning, only the two sisters woke up. 

20230115105811_1.thumb.jpg.27f770cff70c7250c309cc8f08275ff3.jpg

~

It had been a few days after Jefi died. The whole tribe had been close to her, so the mood was glum. Cheri and Lilit were talking, when suddenly a moss brown creature with strong horns and slightly greying fur stepped out of the grasses. 

'I knew there was a tribe around here somewhere! I was looking for you, followed your tracks. My names Zephyr!' Zephyr smiled widely. For being so old, she acted a bit like an overexcited kit. 'What's your tribe's name?' Lilit looked at Zephyr for a moment, and decided she wasn't a threat. 

'Our tribe doesn't have a name. There aren't any other tribe's on the island, so we don't need one. Are you a wanderer? Do you want to join our tribe?' Lilit answered. Zephyrs eyes widened with surprise. 

'Only one tribe on the island? Where have you even been these past few seasons!? I belong to the tribe of the Sun, we came here from the oasis.' Zephyr explained. 

'The tribe of the Sun? Where's the rest of you then?' Lilit questioned. Zephyr said she'd bring Lilit to the rest of her tribe, so Lilit and the others followed the strange old creature. 

20230115110002_1.thumb.jpg.11f14f1084bbaa8229503fa2d1658a28.jpg

20230115110123_1.thumb.jpg.c82993060b77bea286f9fc9c561b546b.jpg

A dark red creature, Mira, emerged from the grass, once she heard Zephyr calling her. Had Zephyr found new members? The tribe of the Sun desperately needed them, the journey here was long and dangerous, and only four made it through. Shee trotted behind her, his bright yellow fur easy to see. They emerged into a clearing. There was a whole other tribe here, though they only had four members. Like the tribe of the Sun. 

20230115110251_1.thumb.jpg.85d82721c56d61e1a8acaa4a79cc1fcb.jpg

20230115110336_1.thumb.jpg.98b0064eac898263bbd9dbb998231e09.jpg

20230115110303_1.thumb.jpg.4aaedf84ec8f7e275564bee7d57201b0.jpg

20230115110435_1.thumb.jpg.58028a480e8c5983bb6e8228c4e547c6.jpg

'Mira, do you know where Ifi is? I think he'd like to speak to Lilit, the leader of this tribe.' Zephyr nodded towards a pink creature with a bad paw. She had large horns and stern gaze, but didn't look cruel. Lilit reminded Mira a bit of her mother, kind but strict, only because it was dangerous if you didn't follow the rules back home. 

'Ifi!' Called Mira. Her leader was a bit further away, but he heard and walked over. 

20230115110552_1.thumb.jpg.2a6fd8fcdd0a30a9a95e90e7e3afab13.jpg

20230115110615_1.thumb.jpg.ca9abc2df57a551d4a4d9615b65a42c8.jpg

Lilit and Ifi talked for a little while, and decided it was a good idea to merge their tribe's. Since Lilits tribe didn't have a name, Ifi's tribe shortened their name to Tribe Of Sun. Now since the tribe's were joined together, Lilits tribe was no longer nameless. 

~

20230115110200_1.thumb.jpg.3ad88de88f74daf730f59b7e1f4b12f1.jpg

At the other end of the island, Lupo gained his third gem. He had no time to be proud of it however, because it was raining, a bearyena was chasing them, and they had to cross a small river. It probably uses to be stream, but the riqn changed that. Not the best circumstances, but the brothers were used to it by now. King leaped across first, swimming across the river in a few seconds. Cane followed. He was much weaker, and after the encounter with the bearyena, he walked with a permanent limp. Lupo jumped in and helped Cane across. They all stood sopping on the other side of the bank, just as the bearyena caught up. It looked at them across the river, growled once, and walked off. They all breathed a sigh of relief, before looking for somewhere dry to sleep. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

(my update schedule of this is so irregular, like, I'm sorry its just so hard for me to find motivation, and I want to write something good, so I don't write when I really don't feel like writing. D':) 

On 1/15/2023 at 7:50 AM, YourLocalStranger said:

(FINALLY GOT ONTO THE COMPUTER) 

King, Cane and Lupo had been walking for days now. They were hungry and tired, and Cane was getting weaker by the minute. Lupo walked up to King, whispering so Cane couldn't hear. 

'King, he's getting worse. We need to find a healing fruit, the ones dad told us about.' Lupo said urgently. 

'Well I don't smell any. What Cane needs is rest and food. He'll be better then.' King whispered back. Lupo shook his head in frustration. 

'Do you want him to die!? Like mom?! We need that fruit!' Lupo hissed, regretting it immediately. Kings ears flattened, and it was loud enough for Cane to hear. Cane said nothing, only looked at the ground and coughed quietly. 'Sorry.' Lupo mumbled. 'I didn't mean that.. I'll go find it. You stay here with Cane, okay?' King nodded and said nothing. Lupo inwardly cursed himself for being so harsh on his brother. It was easy to forget King was younger, with the way he acted. He was just as scared and worried as Lupo. After a little while of searching, Lupo found a fruit, and brought it back. Cane ate it, and the three cuddled together and fell asleep. It was going to be a cold night. 

20230115105821_1.thumb.jpg.bc03c6c2d95def7b7f1c27aafce83d7b.jpg

~

Jefi, Cheri and Meda were lying down together, looking at the sunset. Jefi spoke quietly. Her fur was grey, her voice and bones frail. It was hard to imagine such a strong creature could grow so old, but there was still a glint of youth in Jefis eyes. 

'Cheri, Meda, I know its going to uh, its going to be hard for you. But you are both so, so strong, and I believe in you so much. I love you.' Jefi said. She shivered slightly. Had it always been so cold on this island? 

'We love you too mom. I'll do my best to take care of the tribe, I promise.' Cheri said. She was usually so loud and cheeky, but now she was quiet. She was holding back tears, because Meda was already crying into her mothers fur. Cheri had to be strong for her sister. They both knew Jefi would leave soon. Why was it all so unfair? Meda had never known Fern, her dad, but Cheri had. And now her mothers was going to leave as well. 

'Don't be sad.' Jefi whispered, pulling the two into a hug. 'I'll always be with you.' The sun went down, and night fell. The next morning, only the two sisters woke up. 

20230115105811_1.thumb.jpg.27f770cff70c7250c309cc8f08275ff3.jpg

~

It had been a few days after Jefi died. The whole tribe had been close to her, so the mood was glum. Cheri and Lilit were talking, when suddenly a moss brown creature with strong horns and slightly greying fur stepped out of the grasses. 

'I knew there was a tribe around here somewhere! I was looking for you, followed your tracks. My names Zephyr!' Zephyr smiled widely. For being so old, she acted a bit like an overexcited kit. 'What's your tribe's name?' Lilit looked at Zephyr for a moment, and decided she wasn't a threat. 

'Our tribe doesn't have a name. There aren't any other tribe's on the island, so we don't need one. Are you a wanderer? Do you want to join our tribe?' Lilit answered. Zephyrs eyes widened with surprise. 

'Only one tribe on the island? Where have you even been these past few seasons!? I belong to the tribe of the Sun, we came here from the oasis.' Zephyr explained. 

'The tribe of the Sun? Where's the rest of you then?' Lilit questioned. Zephyr said she'd bring Lilit to the rest of her tribe, so Lilit and the others followed the strange old creature. 

20230115110002_1.thumb.jpg.11f14f1084bbaa8229503fa2d1658a28.jpg

20230115110123_1.thumb.jpg.c82993060b77bea286f9fc9c561b546b.jpg

A dark red creature, Mira, emerged from the grass, once she heard Zephyr calling her. Had Zephyr found new members? The tribe of the Sun desperately needed them, the journey here was long and dangerous, and only four made it through. Shee trotted behind her, his bright yellow fur easy to see. They emerged into a clearing. There was a whole other tribe here, though they only had four members. Like the tribe of the Sun. 

20230115110251_1.thumb.jpg.85d82721c56d61e1a8acaa4a79cc1fcb.jpg

20230115110336_1.thumb.jpg.98b0064eac898263bbd9dbb998231e09.jpg

20230115110303_1.thumb.jpg.4aaedf84ec8f7e275564bee7d57201b0.jpg

20230115110435_1.thumb.jpg.58028a480e8c5983bb6e8228c4e547c6.jpg

'Mira, do you know where Ifi is? I think he'd like to speak to Lilit, the leader of this tribe.' Zephyr nodded towards a pink creature with a bad paw. She had large horns and stern gaze, but didn't look cruel. Lilit reminded Mira a bit of her mother, kind but strict, only because it was dangerous if you didn't follow the rules back home. 

'Ifi!' Called Mira. Her leader was a bit further away, but he heard and walked over. 

20230115110552_1.thumb.jpg.2a6fd8fcdd0a30a9a95e90e7e3afab13.jpg

20230115110615_1.thumb.jpg.ca9abc2df57a551d4a4d9615b65a42c8.jpg

Lilit and Ifi talked for a little while, and decided it was a good idea to merge their tribe's. Since Lilits tribe didn't have a name, Ifi's tribe shortened their name to Tribe Of Sun. Now since the tribe's were joined together, Lilits tribe was no longer nameless. 

~

20230115110200_1.thumb.jpg.3ad88de88f74daf730f59b7e1f4b12f1.jpg

At the other end of the island, Lupo gained his third gem. He had no time to be proud of it however, because it was raining, a bearyena was chasing them, and they had to cross a small river. It probably uses to be stream, but the riqn changed that. Not the best circumstances, but the brothers were used to it by now. King leaped across first, swimming across the river in a few seconds. Cane followed. He was much weaker, and after the encounter with the bearyena, he walked with a permanent limp. Lupo jumped in and helped Cane across. They all stood sopping on the other side of the bank, just as the bearyena caught up. It looked at them across the river, growled once, and walked off. They all breathed a sigh of relief, before looking for somewhere dry to sleep. 

how did you call so many wanderers from the stump!?!?!? (im assuming you called them.) whenever i call on stumps i can only attract one or 2 wanderers in one turn, though most of the time i get none

14 minutes ago, Andromeda_ said:

how did you call so many wanderers from the stump!?!?!? (im assuming you called them.) whenever i call on stumps i can only attract one or 2 wanderers in one turn, though most of the time i get none

if i remember correctly when calling from a stump wanderers are more likely to spawn when you have little nichelings

10 hours ago, Andromeda_ said:

10 hours ago, lizardcake said:

if i remember correctly when calling from a stump wanderers are more likely to spawn when you have little nichelings

I think that might be it, I have no idea how I spawned so many nichelings lol, I didn't even use commands.

• Like 1

The quiet, thoughtful Mira, and the loud and excitable Cheri quickly became fast friends. Mira sat at the berry bush, lazily picking berries, while Cheri sat nearby, swiping her paw at a butterfly. 

'So what was it like, growing up in an island like this?' Mira asked. This island was even harder to survive in than her home island, the savanah. It was like there was bearyena around each corner. Cheri stood still for a minute. 

'Well, it's all I've ever known, so I don't really have anywhere to compare this island to. But it is pretty dangerous. Are there other island with less bearyena?' Cheri replied. She tried to imagine an island where nothing attacked you for seasons on end. She couldn't picture it. It sounded impossible.

'Of course there are. If every island was like this, I don't think there would be any tribe's at all. Back home, the real killer was the heat. And the fires. If you weren't quick enough to escape those, you were as good as dead.' Mira said calmly. Cheri stared at her, wondering how Mira could be so calm about it.

'Around here, only the strong survive. Back home, only the quick survived. I've heard of mountain islands, so full of snow it could cover a creature whole. I'm guessing over there you need thick fur to survive.' Mira shrugged. 'Every island has something that kills you, and every tribe learns to overcome that. It's just how things work.' At this moment, Mira sounded wise beyond her years. But there was also a problem in her reasoning. 

'Sure, the strong, and quick, and thick furred ones are the ones that survive, but then it's up to them to protect those who aren't strong. Who aren't quick. Because then how else will a tribe survive, if the strong only look out for themselves?' Cheri said slowly. Mira blinked, and then laughed. Her laugh was soft and tinkling, like a stream during summer time. 

'You're right Cheri. You have a very good heart, don't you?' Mira smiled. 

'It's only the right thing to do.' Cheri huffed, but she couldn't help but laugh as well. 

20230115110808_1.thumb.jpg.66d616ff6e55328367247013eb140b43.jpg

~

Andromeda was teaching Shee how to hunt. Back home, Shee mostly picked berries and scooped up fish that went too close to the shore, but Meda insisted he should know how to hunt. He wasn't very good at it, but he enjoyed her company. Meda wasn't afraid to speak up, but was also much better with other peoples feelings than Cheri was. Shee was shy and easily spooked, but Meda didn't mind that. They spent an evening hunting, and when Shee finally caught a rabbil, he gave it to Meda. 

20230115110825_1.thumb.jpg.84f0c8c5abcf861f661b886ccfb8d89c.jpg

~

'Ifi, I would like to speak with you.' Lilit walked over. She had meaning to have this talk for a while, but for some reason she kept putting it off. 

'Of course.' Ifi stood up. They walked to the edges of the territory, before Lilit sat down. 

'The Tribe of Sun, our tribe..' she began. 'You are the leader of four, and I am the leader of four. For now, we work as co-leaders, but what happens when we die? Will a member from my tribe or a member from your tribe lead? Our traditions say that the firstborn child of the leader will lead after them. What do your traditions say? ' Lilit asked. Ifi flicked his tail. 

'The one who is strongest leads, or the one who is wisest. Though I do think a child of the current leader would be a good idea for now. Do you have a mate?' Ifi asked. If she did, too bad. If she didn't, he could ask her to have a kit with him, so there would be no fighting on who should be leader after Ifi and Lilit die. Lilit shook her head. 

'Then I think it would be a good idea for the both of us to have a kit together. For the interests of the tribe.' Lilit looked a bit shocked, but then again, she had always wanted kits of her own... 

'Alright.' She agreed. 

20230115111030_1.thumb.jpg.1e031cab310705c940f322e40af4471d.jpg

~

About a season later the peace was broken. A red eyed bearyena attacked. Fortunately, the Tribe of Sun was prepared for this, and Lilit led the tribe through the quiet grasses, away from the beast. They ran, and it didn't follow them. This time nobody got hurt. This time. 

20230115110959_1.thumb.jpg.0ef1f3e984c934cecde5ef23e0f9ea42.jpg

They ran for a few days, to get away from the beast. 

~

King sat on the stump, the wind ruffling through his fur. The tree that the brothers had found held a lot of nuts, but King missed the taste of a stagmole. Lupo insisted it was too dangerous to go wandering off, and while King knew his older brother could be a bit paranoid, he didn't want to fray poor Lupos nerves, so he stayed put. He saw Cane picking berries in the distance. Suddenly, a brown shape emerged from the grasses. Followed by a yellow one. Followed by a crimson one, and finally, a pink one. 

'CANE! Come back here!' King yelled. He didn't know whether they were friendly or not yet, but this amount of creatures severely outnumbered them. More creature came out of the grass. A whole tribe. Lupo perked up, and walked over. He and King had always dreamed of finding a tribe, but right now it seemed like the scariest thing in the world. 

20230115111223_1.thumb.jpg.54e7ba56520663403e14b0aa010d7bdb.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Lilits eyes widened as she approached the group. She thought she recognized the older one, but she wasn't sure. The large one yelled for the one called 'Cane' to come back. 

'Don't worry, we have no intention of hurting you. We are the Tribe of Sun. This looks like a safe territory, and we will offer protection if you let us stay here.' Lilit said calmly. The oldest one walked up to her. 

'I am Lupo.' He said. 'Of no tribe. These are my brothers King, and Cane. We would actually like to... Join your tribe.' Lupo assured himself it would be safer that way. 

Lilit blanched. It couldn't be. Haran and her family ran off, probably killed by bearyena. And yet her son was here, with 2 other sons. She had only seen Lupo for a few minutes, but the resemblance they all bore to Haran was unsettling. She was about to yell and fight him off, but she composed herself. 

'I will talk about this to my co-leader.' Lilit said coldly. It was really and excuse to convince Ifi to chase these three away. Lilit was not going to have a repeat of last time. Lupo nodded and walked back to his brothers. Ifi caught up with her. 

'Well?' he asked, flicking his tail. 

'We're not inviting them.' Lilit said quickly, whipping around to face him. Ifis eyes widened. This was the first time he saw her being genuinely scared. 

'Why not?' Ifi was a creature of few words. 

'These are the children of Haran. She was an awful creature who led the tribe to near ruin. She left behind tribe members on a whim, and left the entire tribe behind once the going got tough. Those three will be just like her.' Lilit felt tears prick at her eyes at the thought of everyone she lost, so she quickly turned away, composing herself. 'We are not letting them join the tribe.' she repeated. 

'So you're going to blame them for their mothers mistakes, even though they're barely adults, and one is still a child?' Ifi was calm. 'You're going to leave them to fend for themselves?' Lilit tensed. Then she let out a sigh. 

'Fine. They can join.' She growled. 'But if they step out of line once..' 

'I doubt that will happen.' Ifi comforted, going over to let the brothers know they were part of the tribe now. Lilit watched him go. She trusted his judgement, he was calm and collected. No wonder he was a leader. Maybe she could step down? Lilit had never wanted to be leader, with all the responsibilities and the guilt. Ifi was used to that, she could let him lead. But no. This was what she had to do. The others don't trust Ifi fully, not yet. And until then, she has to stay as she is, making sure the Tribe of Sun, and Lilits tribe get along. She straightened herself, and walked after Ifi. 

After a few days, the tribe was getting along well with each other, and bearyena hadn't attacked in ages. 

20230115111317_1.thumb.jpg.d46a60ff786de8d57dcd1732553427a4.jpg

~

Zephyr and Fenris had been out exploring. The two had grown close, because Fenris always loved hearing the daring tales Zephyr loved telling. She was old, and had crossed many island, each one more exciting than the last. In the middle of a tale about bears as white and huge as the mountains, a bearyena leaped out at the two. Zephyr was old, so she stumbled out of the way while Fenris growled and scratched and bit it. 

'Lupo! Mira! Help us!' He called. He knew those two were somewhere nearby, but he didn't know that a bearyena had attacked Lupo as well. It clawed him across his chest, and knocked him over. The usually quiet Mira screamed in rage, and threw herself at it. King ran forward too, and both of them fought, until the bearyena lay dead at their paws. 

20230115111416_1.thumb.jpg.dc51cb4fbb12b931694197cddbb27b25.jpg

Suddenly, a scream echoed from where Fenris and Zephyr were. 

'I'll go help them.' King nodded at Mira. 'Get Lupo to a healing plant.' 

Mira dragged Lupo up, bringing him to the plant nearby. King joined in on the fight, and him and Fenris quickly killed the bearyena. King panted, exhausted from the fight. 

'Disgusting creatures.' He snarled at the dead bearyena between his paws. He was young when his entire family was killed by a pack of them, but he remembered. Even if he didn't want to. 

'Well its over now.' Fenris panted, sitting back. 

'Thank you.' Zephyr nodded. 'We should get back to the tribe.'

The three of them walked home, before night fell. 

~

Meda was fuming. She laid in the grasses, knowing no one would be able to find her here. Why would Cheri still treat her like a kit!? Her sisters words still echoed in her head. 

'You can't go out past the border. You're too young, too inexperienced.'  Cheri had said. 

'But Fenris does it all the time!' Meda had complained. But Cheri was sure that Meda couldn't do anything on her own. 

'Well I'll show you!' she yelled to no one in particular. 'I'm not a kit anymore Cheri!' The grasses parted, and Meda almost had a heart attack before realising it was just Shee.

'Meda? Is everything okay?' he asked gently. 

'Fine.' she growled. But Shee was her friend. She could tell him. 'Cheri won't let me go out past the border, even though I know how to take care of myself. It's like I'm just a kit to her!' Meda fumed. 

'Well, maybe it's not that. It's dangerous out there Meda, in sure she just doesn't want you to get hurt.' Shee answered. Meda knew he was right, but she just rolled her eyes. 'But you're right as well. You're older now, she shouldn't coop you up all the time. So here's a deal. You go out and explore, but only if you take me with you. To keep you safe.' Shee smiled a brilliant smile. Meda grinned back. 

'Alright then you dodomingo, let's for explore.' She smiled, her previous anger forgotten. She was glad Shee wanted to go with her, it wouldn't be half as fun if she went alone. 

20230115111650_1.thumb.jpg.a9f96c30933213b91231e6915dfc25ca.jpg

~

Fenris was hunting. A rabbit was just on the beach, while Fenris was hidden in the grass. A creature suddenly flew out of the water, yelping loudly. Fenris immediately ran up. 

'Is everything alright?' Fenris said, but he quickly noticed the leech and the bleeding on her damp, thin fur. 

'Do I look alright?' she snapped, turning towards Fenris' voice. He quickly notices she was blind. She musnt have seen the leech in the water. He pulled it off her, she yelled again, but thanked him. 

'I'm from the Tribe of Sun.' Fenris said. The name still felt weird when he said it. 'Would you like to join?' he knew he shouldn't be throwing invitations around like this, but she looked strong and capable, even if she was quite small. 

'Do you have food?' she said quickly. Fenris nodded, so she decided to join. 

'I'm Fess.' she said while Fenris guided her to the camp. She walked with her head held high. Her eyes looked like they had scars on them, and the rest of her body ahd scars too, easy to see under her thin fur. She didn't seem to care about them. 'Princess Fess, actually.'

Fenris' eyes widened. He had heard from Zephyr about strange tribes who had strange titles for the leaders, and the family of leaders. Fess kept talking. 

'My old clan was separated, but they'll be here soon. I'll stay with your tribe until they come. You better treat me well.' she sniffed. Fenris already didn't like her. 'And I demand that I only be led by royalty.' 

Fenris wracked his head for an idea. Lilit and Ifi were always too busy, they wouldn't have time to care for a spoiled creature like Fess. But Kings name sounded quite regal. 

'You could stay with King.' He offered. Fess nodded excitedly. 'He's one of the creatures in our tribe, not an actual King. We don't have any royalty.' Princess Fess visibly deflated. 

'I guess he'll have to do.' she sighed. She wouldn't talk to Fenris for the rest of the way there. 

20230115111529_1.thumb.jpg.7e906ac205de81b128f83f246a0d3703.jpg

20230115111631_1.thumb.jpg.7f6e00f381f6856ff377a73e391f4155.jpg

• Like 4

Cane picked berries, quietly humming to himself. Lupo and King were off doing other things. Canes only regret about joining the Tribe Of Sun was that his brothers met new people, and had less time for him. Cane was half sure Lupo had a huge crush on Mira, the dark furred, quiet creature. Meanwhile King was absolutely livid at Fenris for making him have to put up with Fess, the Princess from far away. Fess was spoilt, and always wanted things to be done for her. Thankfully King had no patience for lazy creatures, and made her get the things she wanted herself. It made them both be very annoyed with each other, but no one else wanted to deal with Fess, so until her tribe came for her, King was stuck with her. And during all that, Cane mostly kept to himself. He had wanted to make friends, he really had, but whenever he had to talk to someone, he got nervous, and his paws shook for no reason at all. But it wasn't like that with his brothers? Cane didn't understand it, but he preferred to be alone anyway. Suddenly, a pink creature with red markings ran right past him, laughing all the way. Cane gave a small yelp, dropping his berries. Who was that? The creature whipped around to face him. 

'Do you have anywhere I could hide?' her eyes glinted mischievously. 

'I-I uh... under the bush?..' Cane stammered out, still tense. 

'Thanks.' she grinned, diving under the bush. Cane dropped the berries he had picked up again. Another creature passed by, she looked a lot like the sister of the one hiding under the bush. 

'Where did she go?!' The creature asked. Cane pointed in a random direction. 'Thanks.' she said as she ran off. 

'W-who even are you?' Cane said as soon as the other creature was out of sight.

'Im Cheri.' Cheri grinned, peeking out from under the bush. 'Thanks for hiding me. I think I owe Meda a couple of berries.' she laughed. Cane eased up a little. 

'No problem.' Cane smiled faintly. 'I'm Cane.' 

'Pretty name.' she smiled back. 'I need to go, Meda will have figured out I'm not there by now.' and she darted out from under the bush and ran off. Cane didn't really know what to think of her. 

20230115111745_1.thumb.jpg.58ab679e8dfc8b696254ac562779f0f5.jpg

~

The night passed calmly, but in the morning, just as Lilits first child is born, two bearyena attack. Meda and Shee run from the first, larger one, but Lupo, Mira, Fenris and Zephyr team up to fight the second one. 

20230115111900_1.thumb.jpg.1bda4851b2982967ca1994131f1ea1f2.jpg

They all fight together, trying to knock the bearyena into the waves, but this one is stronger than most. It slashes Mira across the chest, knocking her into the water with a cry. Cheri rushes over as fast as she can, not wanting to see her two best friends hurt. Just as she's about to leap off the tree stump and throw the bearyena onto the ground, it happens. The bearyena leaps onto Fenris, and he only has time to give a strangled cry before it claws his face, killing him instantly.

20230115112124_1.thumb.jpg.bba24dfd65448b18c3f6149f4b402296.jpg

Cheri gives a roar of rage, ready to fight, but Zephyr takes it down from behind, giving the killing blow. Lupo rushes to Mira, to help her get a healing fruit. Cheri helps bury her friend, weeping loudly. Fenris was like a brother to her, and now he was gone.

Shee and Meda had thankfully managed to run from the bearyena, and had gotten back to the tribe safely. 

~

During the whole battle that Lilit couldn't help with, she had a kit. The kit was bright red, with an intimidating claw and brown horns. Lilit had already decided on a name beforehand. Ifi wasn't here because he was busy. Or so he said. 

'You will be such a strong leader, Neoki.' Lilit purred, wrapping her tail around her daughter. 

20230115111939_1.thumb.jpg.6f1a6b191154c462c3a9cd2060c92083.jpg

20230115111931_1.thumb.jpg.66538e53d419876666375f071491eee0.jpg

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Just now, YourLocalStranger said:

Cane picked berries, quietly humming to himself. Lupo and King were off doing other things. Canes only regret about joining the Tribe Of Sun was that his brothers met new people, and had less time for him. Cane was half sure Lupo had a huge crush on Mira, the dark furred, quiet creature. Meanwhile King was absolutely livid at Fenris for making him have to put up with Fess, the Princess from far away. Fess was spoilt, and always wanted things to be done for her. Thankfully King had no patience for lazy creatures, and made her get the things she wanted herself. It made them both be very annoyed with each other, but no one else wanted to deal with Fess, so until her tribe came for her, King was stuck with her. And during all that, Cane mostly kept to himself. He had wanted to make friends, he really had, but whenever he had to talk to someone, he got nervous, and his paws shook for no reason at all. But it wasn't like that with his brothers? Cane didn't understand it, but he preferred to be alone anyway. Suddenly, a pink creature with red markings ran right past him, laughing all the way. Cane gave a small yelp, dropping his berries. Who was that? The creature whipped around to face him. 

'Do you have anywhere I could hide?' her eyes glinted mischievously. 

'I-I uh... under the bush?..' Cane stammered out, still tense. 

'Thanks.' she grinned, diving under the bush. Cane dropped the berries he had picked up again. Another creature passed by, she looked a lot like the sister of the one hiding under the bush. 

'Where did she go?!' The creature asked. Cane pointed in a random direction. 'Thanks.' she said as she ran off. 

'W-who even are you?' Cane said as soon as the other creature was out of sight.

'Im Cheri.' Cheri grinned, peeking out from under the bush. 'Thanks for hiding me. I think I owe Meda a couple of berries.' she laughed. Cane eased up a little. 

'No problem.' Cane smiled faintly. 'I'm Cane.' 

'Pretty name.' she smiled back. 'I need to go, Meda will have figured out I'm not there by now.' and she darted out from under the bush and ran off. Cane didn't really know what to think of her. 

20230115111745_1.thumb.jpg.58ab679e8dfc8b696254ac562779f0f5.jpg

~

The night passed calmly, but in the morning, just as Lilits first child is born, two bearyena attack. Meda and Shee run from the first, larger one, but Lupo, Mira, Fenris and Zephyr team up to fight the second one. 

20230115111900_1.thumb.jpg.1bda4851b2982967ca1994131f1ea1f2.jpg

They all fight together, trying to knock the bearyena into the waves, but this one is stronger than most. It slashes Mira across the chest, knocking her into the water with a cry. Cheri rushes over as fast as she can, not wanting to see her two best friends hurt. Just as she's about to leap off the tree stump and throw the bearyena onto the ground, it happens. The bearyena leaps onto Fenris, and he only has time to give a strangled cry before it claws his face, killing him instantly.

20230115112124_1.thumb.jpg.bba24dfd65448b18c3f6149f4b402296.jpg

Cheri gives a roar of rage, ready to fight, but Zephyr takes it down from behind, giving the killing blow. Lupo rushes to Mira, to help her get a healing fruit. Cheri helps bury her friend, weeping loudly. Fenris was like a brother to her, and now he was gone.

Shee and Meda had thankfully managed to run from the bearyena, and had gotten back to the tribe safely. 

~

During the whole battle that Lilit couldn't help with, she had a kit. The kit was bright red, with an intimidating claw and brown horns. Lilit had already decided on a name beforehand. Ifi wasn't here because he was busy. Or so he said. 

'You will be such a strong leader, Neoki.' Lilit purred, wrapping her tail around her daughter. 

20230115111939_1.thumb.jpg.6f1a6b191154c462c3a9cd2060c92083.jpg

20230115111931_1.thumb.jpg.66538e53d419876666375f071491eee0.jpg

Finished writing this with only 4% battery on my phone yay-

• Eek! 1

'Hurry up.' Fess sniffed. She knew there was a nest around here somewhere, but King was being useless, as usual so she had to find it herself. He plodded along behind her, ignoring her. He was only here to make sure she didn't die or something. Fess set a quick pace, knocking away plants with her paws. She stopped for a second. Why didn't she hear Kings pawsteps? Her first thought was quick and panicky, that he had left her to get killed by bearyenas or to be attacked by strange creatures. 

'King?!' she called, trying to keep the panic out of her voice. It didn't work. 

'Over here, your majesty.' King replied lazily. He had sat down in the nest Fess had been trying to find. 'You know, this nest is really comfortable.' 

'WHY YOU-' Fess fumed. 'YOU USELESS PEASANT! ONCE MY MOTHER, THE QUEEN, IS FINISHED WITH YOU, YOU'LL WISH YOU HAD NEVER CROSSED ME!' 

'Wow, im so scared.' King replied, in a tone that obviously meant he wasn't scared at all. Fess stamped her paw, like a little kit. Why did she have to be stuck with this awful creature!? She wanted to be with someone else every once in a while, but everyone made up excuses to not be around her. Why!? She was doing her best to be an authority, just like her mother told her! Tears pooled in her eyes, so she quickly looked away from where King was lying. 

'You're awful!' she spat, but her voice cracked slightly. 

'No less awful than you.' King said quietly. How can someone be so wrapped up in themselves that they don't notice how they act towards everyone else? Fess was spoilt, and always wanted things done for her. She ordered creatures around like she was their leader, and had never given a kind word to anyone. And here she was, complaining that King wasn't scared when she threatened him. 'How lovely'  He thought sarcastically. Still, he wasn't a cruel creature, so he huffed and stood up. 

'If this is about the nest, just take it.' He sighed. The tears were still rolling down her face, despite her best efforts to stop them. 

'It's not about the nest!' Fess tried to snap, but it came out as more of a sob. King was slightly concerned, even if she was awful, that didn't mean he had to be. 

'Then what's it about?' he asked, sitting down a bit away from her, to give her space. 

'Why do you care?' she whispered.

'I care because its the kind thing to do.' He said firmly. Fess looked up to where she heard his voice. He didn't sound annoyed or bored or angry like he usually did. She put her head in her paws, before starting to speak quietly. 

'My, my family's royalty, you know that. My mother is queen, and my father died before I was born.' It felt strange to Fess, to just tell all of this to someone she barely knew, but she knew if she didn't her it out to someone, she would explode. 'My mother always taught me that to be a good ruler you should be strong, and tell your subjects what to do. They don't know what to do, so you have to tell them. If you are too kind to them, they'll see you as weak, so you always have to be strict, that way your subjects will love you. That's what mother said. But the people in our clan didn't love her. She decided to move to a new island, without asking anyone beforehand. I think that's when they started hating her. We were going to move to the island, but then... ' her eyes welled with tears again. She wiped then away and kept going with her story. 'They wanted to take revenge on the queen. Our people. And they couldn't hurt the queen herself, she had too many guards. So I, the Princess, was the next best option. Just as we were leaving the island, three creatures attacked me. They.. They tried to kill me. And they almost did. They blinded me and gave me all the scars I have right now. Then they threw me into the ocean, thinking I would drown. But I didn't, I'm here and I'm alive!' Fess said that last part fiercely. 'But I don't think anyone in my clan is coming back for me. I'm stuck here.'

King looked at Fess, seeing her in a new light. She didn't mean to be cruel, it's just all she ever knew. 

'Why didn't you tell anyone?' he said softly. 'If your clan wasn't going to come back for you, everyone else would have made a better effort to be your friend. They weren't really talking to you because, what was the point of making friends with a slightly rude creature who was going to leave soon anyway?'

'I didn't want to accept it. I still wanted to believe they were coming back for me.' Fess said quietly. It felt so much better now that all that was off her chest. 

'I'm so sorry all that happened to you. But you don't have to be stuck here. If you're stuck somewhere, it means you're someplace you don't want to be. You could make some friends, I'm sure theyll understand, once you explain you don't really know how to make friends.' King smiled. Fess heard the smile in his voice. 

'Will you help me?' she asked, pricking her ears up in his direction. 'With making friends?'

'Sure!' he laughed. 'Besides, you already have one! Me.' 

Fess smiled back. She felt all warm inside. King was right. She didn't have to be stuck here. If her old clan didn't want her, then she'll make sure that she'll be happy here. 

'Thank you.' 

20230115112453_1.thumb.jpg.f4d2bf3c20c00d022d14cd8468745830.jpg

~

Neoki lay down next to her mother and her little brother. She preferred lying down, it was much less tiring than standing. She really didn't understand how everyone could walk and run and jump and fight all in one day, without getting tired until evening time. Neoki could barely run fast enough, and she couldn't even kill a rabbil, if she could even catch one. Mama just said she was born like that, but Neoki couldn't help but feel envy. Randi, her brother squirmed in the nest. He had a very long snout. Neoki batted it, making him squeal, until Mama glared at her to stop. He was so little, Neoki was almost a giant compared to him! She smiled at her little brother, curling up next to him. 

20230115112742_1.thumb.jpg.25f13785fcae45db92e0ca86954cf787.jpg

20230115112734_1.thumb.jpg.8144e18e16b2d8d321395b341dd5fb6a.jpg

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Cheri sat by the river. She heard the rush of the current, and the wind in her fur. She didn't feel like doing anything today, not really. It had been a few seasons since Fenris died, and she had slowly picked herself back together. She preferred to remember the happy things about him, not the fact that he was gone. But it still hurt when her friend wasn't there to share an adventure with her. Cane walked up to the stream, a bit away from where Cheri was lying. He didn't seem to notice her, so Cheri watched curiously. She knew from Lilit that the three brothers were Harans children. The others might think that she was too young to remember anything Haran did, but Cheri remembered. But the brothers were nothing like the old leader. Especially not Cane. She wondered if he knew what his mother did. Finally he noticed her, and he jumped, before realising it was Cheri. 

'Hey.' she grinned at him. He gave a nervous smile back. Nothing like Haran.  'What are you doing?'

'Lupo wanted the healing plant at the other side of this river, and he asked me to get it for him. Problem is, I can't swim.' He said, nervously glancing at Cheri. Cheri shrugged and walked over to him.

'I can do it for you. But only if you answer one question.' Cheri knew she was too curious for her own good, but she needed to know. Cane nodded. 'Your mother was called Haran, right?' Cane nodded again. 'Did you know that she used to be part of this tribe? Did she tell you anything about that?' Cane stiffened. Cheri felt slightly bad, questioning him like this, but she needed to know. If he knew of Harans doings, and didnt care, he could be dangerous. She wouldn't let anyone else get hurt like Fenris was. Canes eyes widened. 

'This exact tribe?! I didn't know that.' He frowned. Cheri inwardly have a sigh of relief. 

'Well, then she was.' she said awkwardly. She turned to walk away but Cane stopped her. 

'Do you know why she left?' Canes gaze was intense, and Cheri would feel really bad if she lied to him... 

'She used to be the leader. Haran. But she... She threw creatures lives away, and when a bearyena attacked, she left the tribe to fend for itself. That's how Lilit became leader.' Cheri muttered, looking at her paws. She hated saying all this about his mother, but he needed to know. 

'No she didn't! Is this some sort of cruel joke!?' Cane snapped. This was the first time Cheri ever saw him angry. 

'It's true. You asked me for the truth. Why would I lie to you?' she said, getting a bit defensive. 

'Give me one reason why she would do something like that.' Cane growled. He didn't even give Cheri a chance to reply. 'Whatever, I can get the fruit myself. Go away.' Cane jumped into the water and swam to the other side. Cheri stayed and watched, to make sure he didn't drown, but once he got to the other side, he glared at her until she reluctantly went away. Cane sat there for awhile, lost in his thoughts. His mother was strict, and could be unnecessaryily cruel sometimes. He once saw her throw a sickly creature into the ocean, because she was scared the creature would make her family sick. Haran wouldn't have abandoned a whole tribe. Or would she? He needed to talk to his brothers. 

20230115112335_1.thumb.jpg.034c452a418fd1d496a1ee774b77339f.jpg

~

Shee sat by the edges of the territory. He was about to go out and hunt for berry bushes, when Fess approached him. He inwardly groaned, what did she want from him? King was a bit further behind. For some reason, there was a stupid grin in his face. And Fess looked a bit nervous? 

'What are you doing?' she asked. Her head was held high, as always. 

'Going to look for berries.' Shee said quietly. There was no real use in lying, she probably knew what part of the territory they were in. Why else would he be out here?

'Then I'll help you.' she declared. 'Which way?' she turned to him. Shee stared at her like she were a ghost. Why in the world would she want to help him? 

'Um... The left?' he said. He looked over at King, who looked as if he was about to burst out laughing at the confused look on Shee's face. King went up to Fess, who had started walking. He gave her a nudge and whispered into her ear. She gave a nervous smile and nodded. 

'Sooo.. Why are you helping me?' Shee asked. 

'To be kind.' The Princesses voice was always prim and formal, but now she sounded as if she was trying to sound more open. 

'Why would you want to be kind to me?' Shee couldn't help but ask her. He thought she hated everyone her, including King, but King was acting much more friendly towards her now. 

'Because I wasn't earlier.' Fess said, still sounding nervous. They reached the berry bush, and Shee and Fess picked it clean, while King lay in the sun, being useless as usual. Shee cracked a joke about that, and Fess looked confused for a second. Then she got the joke, and laughed out loud. They talked for a little while, getting to know each other, when a rustle came from the bushes. Fess tensed. 

'What's that?!' She faced towards where the sound was coming from. 

'Just me!' A gap toothed creature with webbed back legs and a bright pink and and dark brown pattern came out of the bushes. 'The names Cabi. I heard there was a tribe around here, you happen to know where it is?' 

'We're part of that tribe. I could bring you to our leader, if you want.' Shee replied. Cabi nodded. 

20230115112433_1.thumb.jpg.9242e484a3d6763f8141dc3f5699ac8d.jpg

20230115112526_1.thumb.jpg.c242a509f9cdc36e3b43d7c0e57ef570.jpg

It was evening time by the time they got back, and Fess and Shee talked to each other much more comfortably now. King walked ahead with Cabi. 

'Thanks for the help.' Shee smiled. Fess smiled back, a bit less nervous now. 

'That was a day well spent!' Fess smiled. 

'You're supposed to say 'you're welcome'.' King called over as he walked ahead. 

'Oh. You're welcome.' Fess corrected herself. She reddened a bit under her fur from embarresment, but Shee only grinned at her. 

'Good night!' he said, and walked off, Cabi going with him to Lilit. 

'Do you think he doesn't mind me now?' Fess turned to King. 'He was nice. I'd like him to be my friend.' 

'He seemed fine with you. Add that to your growing list of creatures who aren't annoyed by you anymore.' He grinned. Fess faked being hurt. 

'They never hated me, how could anyone hate someone as fabulous as me?' she said, in a mock regal tone, flicking her tail and posing. King roared with laughter. Fess couldn't help but smile right back at him. 

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Also if you read this, do you have any thoughts on the playthrough so far? What do you think will happen next? Also who's your fav character lol. 

And who do you ship-

31 minutes ago, YourLocalStranger said:

Also if you read this, do you have any thoughts on the playthrough so far? What do you think will happen next? Also who's your fav character lol. 

And who do you ship-

I adore this playthrough and adore reading it cuz it's well written and I enjoy every update honestly! Uh I have no idea to be completely honest- Favorite character? What about favorite characterS! I can't pick one, So! First off Cheri, then Fess(she's trying to be better :3), and King! Also I saw Cabi and was like 'Ah I know almost nothing about you yet but you will be put in the favorites pile' so there's that. 

As for ships I do kinda ship King and Fess-

• Thanks 1

I think it’s very well written and has an interesting story! My favorite characters are probably Cheri and Fess.

(Also I ship Fess with King)

• Thanks 1

On 1/30/2023 at 1:57 PM, YourLocalStranger said:

And who do you ship-

This playthrough is one of the best written ones on the forums. The story is spontaneous yet well put together plot-wise. My favs are King and Cheri.

I ship Fess and King like literally everyone

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Chiyanna said:

ship Fess and King

On 1/30/2023 at 11:04 PM, Ziync said:

Also I ship Fess with King

On 1/30/2023 at 9:05 PM, Peanutpup77 said:

Fess and King

On 1/30/2023 at 7:35 PM, CosmicChaos21 said:

ship King and Fess

(wow OK I was going to put them together anyway but I didn't know so much people shipped them lmao-) 

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Chiyanna said:

This playthrough is one of the best written ones on the forums. The story is spontaneous yet well put together plot-wise

Wow thank you! I've read some really good playthroughs on here, so thank you so much! 

Also ill let you guys in on a secret. I literally plan for the story when I'm at school, then I do no rough work, no editing or anything, and just word vomit onto a page. And somehow that makes a coherent storyline with interesting characters. Yeah I have no idea how it works either. 

• Like 2
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, YourLocalStranger said:

Wow thank you! I've read some really good playthroughs on here, so thank you so much! 

Also ill let you guys in on a secret. I literally plan for the story when I'm at school, then I do no rough work, no editing or anything, and just word vomit onto a page. And somehow that makes a coherent storyline with interesting characters. Yeah I have no idea how it works either. 

lol for some reason i find it really easy to make stories and characters. im thinking someday i can sell characters i made as adoptables

• Like 3

This isn't dead I promise, it's just school and life in general have been getting me down a little, and I couldn't find the time or motivation to continue this. Hopefully I'll post within the next few days. 

• Like 1

(Lmao time to update this after a week and a bit. Sorry its a short update, but at least it's an update?) 

No one in the tribe is surprised when Andromeda and Shee announce they are mates. They've been friends since they were teenagers, and the two had always understood one another. However, the tribe was surprised when they said they would have a kit. They were still quite young. 

20230128181035_1.thumb.jpg.9e7e3473791f7c0ea23f2ed44a6d397f.jpg

Lilit padded over to them. They were both talking quietly, and they didn't notice Lilits quiet pawsteps until she was right behind them. 

'Hello. Is everything alright today?' Lilit asked. The answer wasn't really important, it was just to strike conversation so she could ask them what she wanted. 

'Fine.' Meda grinned. 'I am so excited. I can't wait to have my kit!' Shee was beside her, and he nodded at Lilit. He usually let Meda do the talking. 

'About that.' Lilits face fell. 'I was wondering if... Are you two sure you're ready? A kit is a lot of responsibility. It's not that I don't trust you're abilities, it's jusylt that you're both still young.' Meda frowned at her. 

'Well, I'm already pregnant, so it's not like I can just reverse that. Besides, we're sure.' Meda said firmly. 

'We decided on this together.' Shee affirmed. Lilit sighed. 

'Well, alright. But I'm here if you need me, alright?' she tried to give a small smile. Meda and Shee both thanked her, and Lilit walked off. They were both good creatures, but they were still young. Lilit worried for their kit, and for them. Would they know what to do? Lilit shook herself. Calm down Lilit, you're like a mother hen. She scolded herself. They're both adults. They know what they're doing. Lilit guessed she was only so worried because she knew Meda since she was a little kit. Lilit didn't deny it, she was getting old. Suddenly, a rustle in the bushes interrupted her thoughts. A yellow creature jumped out, a scowl on his face. That scowl faded when he saw her. 

'Hello. Is there a tribe around here?' he spoke calmly, but Lilits felt a shiver run down her spine. Something about this creature felt... Off. 

'Yes. I'm the co-leader.' She said calmly back. 'What do you want?' 

'I'd like to join.' the stranger smiled. His smile was wrong. It didn't reach his eyes. 

'I'm sorry, but we have no more space. The tribe has enough members.' Lilit lied. There was always room for more members, but the last things she wanted was to invite this creature. He scowled, before remembering himself and looking calm again. 

'Are you sure? I can be of use-' 

'I'm sure.' she interrupted stiffly. 'There may be other tribe's elsewhere. You can ask them.' The strangers scowl returned. 

'Fine.' He spat, before turning away. Lilit left as quickly as possible, her mind too full of thoughts. 

20230128181157_1.thumb.jpg.bbc725f5d1f6ac8d1523edb5c3d67c29.jpg

(ignore Neoki lol) 

~

Zephyr lay down on the rock. She was the oldest of the tribe, and she knew her time was coming. It didn't scare her. She closed her eyes, feeling the breeze on her fur. 

'Zephyr are you-' Ifi quickly paused. 'I'm sorry, I didn't know you were sleeping.' 

'It's fine. I wasn't sleeping anyway. Is everything alright, Ifi?' Zephyr spoke quietly. 

'I need your advice. Your the wisest here, Zephyr.' Ifi nodded at her. Zephyr motioned for him to continue talking. 'I'm at a loss. My child, Neoki is meant to be leader after me and Lilits deaths but she.... She's unbelievably weak. This is not our way, it never has been. She'll lead the Tribe of Sun to ruin.' Ifi was obviously very agitated. 'I think her younger brother, Randi, should become leader, but Lilit will not hear of it. What do i do?' Zephyr pondered for a moment. 

'Let Neoki be leader.' Ifi looked shocked and angry for a second, but Zephyr continued. 'This is Lilits tribe's island. If its their custom that the oldest child be leader, then Neoki will be leader. This isn't the savanna anymore. If you wanted to keep our old customs of the strongest being leader, you shouldn't have joined with this tribe.' Ifi looked furious for a second, then took a breath and deflated slightly. 

'Thank you Zephyr.' Ifi walked off quickly. She knew that Ifi was angry about Neoki being weak, though she didn't know what he would do about it. Zephyr went back to trying to fall asleep. The next morning, she didn't wake up. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1