Stray Fawn Community

Secret Niche Art Santa 2022 🎨🎅 (Signups and Rules)

Sky

make sure your art doesn't melt like Jey's snow-dad!

image.gif.38590eb880eeeedcd75736f78373d8b4.gif

1. Comment below if you'd like to a be a Secret Santa and recipient. With this comment, include a picture of the nicheling you'd like drawn, as well as any info you can give about them (genes, personality, hobbies, differences from photo, even a toyhouse link!). If you are giving a picture not from the game, please include their official niche genes.
  1. Signups end the 1st of December! (As in, the 30th is the last day!) This will give everyone almost a month to complete their art and send it in.
  2. I will use a random generator to pair participants. (I will not be a participant, though of course welcome to draw my nichelings for fun - in time I will make a post of my new favorite nichelings for you to pick from if wished ^^)
  3. I will pm everyone with their recipient's name, nicheling and info.
  4. Everyone makes their art. It can be traditional, digital, pixel, a sculpture, whatever you want; animation, gif, plain, anything! Please try your best with this. The quality of your art style is not to be judged, but please make it just as good or even better than your usual art! Do not sign your art or post it on any platform, including the forums.
  5. Everyone PMs their art to me as soon as they are finished. Art is due by the 25th!! If you do not send in your art in time, I will request art from an Emergency Santa to fill the place. You may only post your art AFTER the rest of the art is released on 
  6. On or slightly after January 1st, I will post the finished art with the recipient's name (I will not reveal the Santas myself). Everyone may make their guess on who was their Secret Santa. Secret Santas may confirm or deny these guesses. Please wait for your recipient to guess you and then confirm the guess rather than announce that you were so-and-so's santa. If it's been a while and you're not sure who your SS and you made a guess without confirmation, PM me and I'll confirm it for you.
  7. If your recipient has made a correct guess and you confirmed, you may post your art to other places (DeviantArt, Fanart section, etc). You may also sign the art. (If you'd like your signed art used instead of the unsigned version if posted elsewhere by other people, just say so.)
  8. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year! ❤️

IMPORTANT

Like the last few years, we will have Emergency Santas (ESs). ESs will make art for anyone whose Secret Santa did not finish or submit their art by the 25th. ESs need to be able to quickly make art. This Emergency Art (EA) does not need to be of the same quality of the official art; EA is just so everyone can receive something at the same time. ESs can also be a regular Santa at the same time but are not required to be.

Just ask if you'd like to be an Emergency Santa. They're documented below for my own convenience ^^

Emergency Santas: @Sky

TIPS

-Try out a new style or a style you haven't revealed before. It will be harder to guess the Secret Santas.
-Don't start a big project if you're not 100% you can finish it. Go with something simple to give yourself time to finish and not be rushed.
-You can ask me for a critique if you'd like This would be especially helpful if you're trying a brand new style and you're not sure if it's good, or if you just want to get your art right.

OTHER

-This is the 5th annual Secret Niche Art Santa, hosted by yours truly!!!
-Check out previous Signups here: 2018, 2019, 2020, 2021
-Check out previous Art here: 2019, 2020, 2021

REMEMBER THIS

-Send in your nicheling submissions by December 25th.
-Start your art as soon as possible once I PM the info.
-Send in our art no later than December 25th.
-If you do not submit your art by then, a volunteer will make art in it's place. Save your late art for Jan 1st or later.
-On or near Jan 1st, the art will be released. Make your guesses and make sure to confirm or deny if they're directed to you!
-MERRY CHRISTMAS Y'ALL, and enjoy the 5th anniversary of our Secret Niche Art Santa!! 💖

• Like 1
  • Eek! 4
  • Love 3

GAMING!!!! i am not doing arrow this year im doing J!!!!! (from my who is he playthrough his name is a spoiler sobbing)

id like to be an es too!!

(you can draw them with gems if youd like, they would be the same color as his eyes)

herefcensored.thumb.png.f8a6af854bf4d8c6aebb79c72e1834b7.png

• Like 1

*suddenly appears* HI

like last year, id like to be an es :]

*shoves in child*

shes very playful and often rushes into action without thinking

i think she's like. a child in the rp?? (*aggresively staring at safira and chiyanna to show up and continue near extinction* /lh)

the only difference from her niche self is that she has gray eyes

inana.jpg.a1c717ccb39ffee4e3c6cb82fe2b5f1a.jpg

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Sky said:

I'm smart. this is open now sorry 👍

dw about it!!!!!!

SO EXCITED TO DO THIS AGAIN YIPPEE!!!!

my son he gets ignored a lot 

Untitled3_20221122140511.thumb.png.0c6d02c2b7176c564f32a15f3c3dd579.png

20190601205433_1.jpg.59dbf6db498c0c7d4ddf3949da7b3824.thumb.jpg.f1f129b94ca878b476ff2c0d78606875.jpg

he was some random orphan i found at the edge of a beach abd im pretty sure he was just repedetly getting stunned by coconuts falling on him so i ofc invited him in the tribe

this was back when i actually did story telling in the game!!! he was always pretty chill he just kinda vibe he was epic 

• Like 1

OK here's Petalsnow (known to autocorrect as Petals now)

20221123144854_1.thumb.jpg.3be655dd91d40245fdc38d9685d4fb1b.jpg

Differences from the game is that he has a fluffy, curly mane like it is in niche mobile and has tiny white spots (paler pink is patterncolor btw)

Petalsnow is a calm timid nicheling who has pretty much raised the entire clan and is great with kids

Please don't draw him as a female

• Like 1
  • Love 1

3 minutes ago, Modiano Ourania said:

OK here's Petalsnow (known to autocorrect as Petals now)

20221123144854_1.thumb.jpg.3be655dd91d40245fdc38d9685d4fb1b.jpg

Differences from the game is that he has a fluffy, curly mane like it is in niche mobile and has tiny white spots (paler pink is patterncolor btw)

Petalsnow is a calm timid nicheling who has pretty much raised the entire clan and is great with kids

Please don't draw him as a female

This is what the mane color would be

image.thumb.png.999c852acc64a8a9b172e0bc1e65ae35.png

On 11/23/2022 at 12:53 PM, Peanutpup77 said:

Do you have to be a Secret Santa and a recipient, or can you just be a recipient?

You have to be both, because you can't just receive and not give or vice versa :)

• Paw up 1

I participated in the 2020 edition, time for secret Santa 2022!

My good ol sona Adam the Second. You can draw him niche-like or more sci-fi if you like. Preferably with his badge instead of gems, but if you prefer you can do those.

https://artfight.net/character/1521300.adam-the-second

I can be an emergency Santa ^^

• Like 1

I can't believe it's time of year again! Here's my nicheling, Rokir. (In advance, I'm sorry to whoever ends up drawing him) He comes from a tribe of prickly berry-pickers and was born after the death of a bearyena that his parents (and other tribemates) killed. He's considered a bit unusual since he looks so different from his grandparents, the founders, and doesn't really communicate with his family members much aside from his father, and that's just because of his mole-hunting skills. Rokir lives for the hunt and is interested in killing a bearyena for the glory and respect it will bring him, even though no one else treats the original bearyena killers differently and his peers already respect him for contributing to the food supply, but haven't had the chance to show it because he never talks to them. (I think that's the second gilled nicheling I've had who really likes hunting...)

20221125162131_1.thumb.jpg.3fca4eb023695cff11b71c9ea2f7f429.jpg

20221125162226_1.thumb.jpg.2b5204e7695cd1b37918824ab7cdfc12.jpg

If whoever ends up drawing him doesn't mind it, I'd love if you could put him in one of those silly little winter coats for dogs, but that's up to you.

• Love 1

1 hour ago, Nuclear fawn said:

I participated in the 2020 edition, time for secret Santa 2022!

My good ol sona Adam the Second. You can draw him niche-like or more sci-fi if you like. Preferably with his badge instead of gems, but if you prefer you can do those.

https://artfight.net/character/1521300.adam-the-second

I can be an emergency Santa ^^

Do you have a version of the link that doesn't require a log in?