Stray Fawn Community

Royalty and Realizations

CosmicChaos21

(Yes I'm starting another one, I love writing these stories so much)

(So two things! 1. I made their lifespans shorter because as much as I love my longer stories I do want one where we get new characters quicker so yeah! 2. I don’t know if any later mates are going to have well written romance due to their life spans)

-Chapter 1: Adam and Lime-

This is a bit of a…different timeline or universe if you will. Not only has Adam given up on finding his home but he has been turned tougher and more bitter by the fact he spent all his child and teen days alone, with no one to turn to. Until he met her anyways…Lime.

Lime is a very sweet nicheling who never gave up on befriending Adam after finding him shortly after they had both become adults. Even when Adam tried to purposefully be more rude to ward her off she stuck to him like a goldleech to an inexperienced water nicheling! Though Adam wouldn’t admit it to any other nicheling, Lime’s kind nature eventually wore down the walls he had put up to protect himself and the two became mates after Lime got the courage to confess.

This leads us to now, where Adam is scouting this new island to ensure it will be safe for his pregnant mate and future pup.

“I had an idea” Adam said as he explored the grasses causing Lime to perk up.

“What sort of idea?” Lime asked with a tilt of her head.

“Perhaps as our pack grows we could have a pack led by a leader? To keep things in order” Adam said as she picked up on the scent of a berry bush.

“As long as everyone is treated fairly I don’t mind! Who would be the first leaders though?” Lime asked which just made Adam sigh and shake his head, Lime is sweet but a bit forgetful.

“Us, since we started it. And our pup when we pass” Adam said before darting into the grass to grab some food for his mate.

“Oh right” Lime said, a bit sheepish she didn’t think of that.

“Well we could use this grass to make a nest so that when the pup arrives they have a soft place to sleep, and a nice place for you to rest as well” Adam said as he started to collect some grass and carry it next to the berry bush he found.

“I can arrange it into a nest, you do a lot already” Lime said as she has watched her mate clear grass, collect berries, and hunt.

“Alright, just don’t over do anything” Adam said causing Lime to snicker.

“Don’t know if you can overexert yourself making a nest but I’ll be careful” Lime reassured him as she started to arrange the softer grass into a nest.

1.png.ae636d1757d9cc79fdfe5989e3d97339.png

Lime had the pair’s heir, a little boy.

“Shell” Lime said as she smiled at the pup causing Adam to look at her with confusion.

“Why Shell?” He asked as he didn’t see any reason to name this pup shell of all things.

“The yellow kinda reminds me of the shells that we could find on the shore back on my home island” Lime said. Adam hummed as he looked at the heir to the pack.

“I should pick more berries” Adam said as he looked away from their pup.

“I think you’ve collected more than enough but more food won’t hurt” Lime said knowing she wouldn’t win this battle, she’s tried before.

“I wonder where those patterns came from though” Adam said as he collected berries.

“Well if a normal nicheling and a nicheling with the type of body I have have pups if they inherit my type of body it seems to be a random bright color, so maybe those are color’s from my parents or something like that” Lime said which made Adam blink in shock before thinking about it.

“I guess that makes sense than” Adam said as he plucked the berry bush almost clean.

2.png.a852870db5faade0ee2047bd3861a026.png

Shell was a child now so he could move around more but not too much so Adam was keeping him occupied by showing him how to pick berries while Lime went to find those acorns she could sniff somewhere close by to get more food just in case.

“You have to be careful plucking the berries because if you do it wrong you could kill the whole plant, I found that out by accident when I tore off some of the branch” Adam said as Shell watched intently and curiously.

“What do you do if you kill the plant?” Shell asked with a tilt of his head.

“You wait. It will regrow but it’ll take some time” Adam explained as he plucked a berry and handed it to Shell, who quickly grabbed it and started taking bites out of it.

“Can I try?” Shell said as he started reaching to it but Adam gently pushed his paw back.

“This is the only berry bush we know of right now so not yet, but when you’re older I’ll let you try” Adam said as he didn’t want to accidentally destroy a good food source.

Shell deflated and huffed but continued watching Adam pluck berries so he could learn.

It wasn’t long until Lime returned with an acorn that had been broken in half.

“Hey Shell look what I’ve got!” Lime said causing Shell to perk up again and run over to Lime excitedly. “It’s an acorn, you can eat it but only after you break it apart” She explained as she held out one half to Shell.

“More food!” Shell said as he grabbed it and ate the delicious stuff inside.

Meanwhile Lime too the other half over to Adam.

“Eat” Lime said as she held it out to Adam.

“I’m not hungry” Adam tried to deflect and turn back t picking berries but Lime huff and got in front of him.

“I know you’re making sure we have enough but I’ve seen you skipping meals so eat or I’ll make you” Lime whispered to make sure Shell didn’t hear. Adam laughed until he took another glance at her face and realized she was serious.

He quickly took the other half and ate it, deciding angering Lime probably wasn’t a good choice.

3.png.40dbf853b4be690deb168e915f6f08ce.png

Shell had grown into a teen and seemed to have made it his mission to clear all the grass on the small island with the rate he was clearing them.

“Hey Shell!” Lime said which got him to pop out of the grass curiously.

“Yes?” Shell said trying to not let the irritation of getting interrupted from his exploring slip into his voice.

“You’re going to have a sibling!” Lime announced excitedly causing Shell to look in shock.

“A sibling?” He asked, he wasn’t sad or angry about it, just curious.

“Yes, we decided to tell you because Lime wanted it to be a surprise” Adam said as he looked at Lime, who just grinned.

“You’ll have someone to go on adventures with you when you’re older” Lime said, worried Shell wasn’t happy about it.

“Okay” Shell said before heading back into the grasses.

4.png.1ff0962cbb33c3fb870658c4540e6783.png

“I thought you said I’d have A sibling” Shell said as he looked at the twin boys that had been born.

“Well sometimes there’s two, it’s one most of the time though” Lime said as she looked at the two. “You should name them this time” Lime said as she looked at Adam.

“Oh uh maybe Spot and Line?” He said, naming is not his strong suit.

“Yeah, Spot and Line” Lime agreed, though she wouldn’t have picked those names herself.

Meanwhile Shell was really fighting the urge to just walk off, he wasn’t mad or disinterested in his new brothers but he felt an itch to explore and adventure, not sit around.

“Well I’m tired and the pups seem to be as well” Lime said as she laid down next to the sleeping pups making Shell internally sigh in relief before walking off back to the grasses.

5.png.57880b8f304ed7848cfa9a75325b4bcd.png

The speed at which the twins became teens felt much faster than it did for Shell, perhaps because they’d gone through it before? Either way the two were teens now and playfully wrestling.

They were both evenly matched but Line headbutted Spot causing him to yelp, which got Lime and Adam’s attention and caused them to come over.

“Are you two fighting again?” Adam asked as he sternly stared at the twins.

“No?” Spot said but it sounded more like a question making Line just sigh.

“Go collect berries from different bushes” Adam said as that was the best way to get the two to stop fighting. The twins grumbled but did what they were told to.

“I hope they won’t fight like this when they’re older” Lime said while Adam just nuzzled his mate.

6.png.cad46d0d15bae3b8c77d4fdf35adf57f.png

Adam shifted his paws, he knew they would get older and have to tell Shell of his role as a leader someday but they hoped it would be longer. So they gathered all their children.

“Remember how we told you you will have an important role when you’re older?” Lime started the conversation as the silence was killing her.

“Yes? Are you finally gonna tell me?“ Shell asked curiously while Spot and Line just looked confused.

“You are the first of our pups so you will be the leader of the pack now, seeing as we’re getting older” Adam said causing Shell to look…afraid?

“But If I’m leader I can’t explore!” Shell said, terrified of getting his freedom ripped away.

“If you do your duties quickly you’ll have more than enough time” Lime said, which did somewhat reassure Shell.

“Alright, but why are you telling me this now?” Shell asked a little suspicious.

“Well as we said we’re getting older and this island is something you’ve seen your whole life so you want to explore something different, something bigger right?” Lime asked which made Shell nod excitedly. “Well across the stones there are new islands that you could explore and make a brand new pack in, more nichelings to join the pack too probably” Lime finished making him process the words for a little bit.

“Okay let’s go than!” Shell said, excited at the thought of something brand new while Spot and Line went onto the ports. Lime and Adam looked at each other sadly before Adam spoke.

“We aren’t going” He said making Shell turn around.

“What? What do you mean?” Shell asked, confused.

“We’re getting older, we don’t want any of you to see us die” Adam said making Shell whimper and deflate.

“Are you sure you don’t wanna go?” Shell asked making the two older nichelings wince but stay firm.

“Yes, but We’ll always love you three” Adam said with a smile. while Lime nuzzled Shell, then Spot, then Line before stepping back. “But here” Lime said before giving Shell some berries which he promptly stuffed into the fur around his neck for safe keeping.

“Why aren't dad and mom coming with?” Spot asked confused.

“They want to stay at their home, don’t worry we’ll get to see cool stuff and maybe find friends for you two” Shell said making Spot excited and Line just nod as Shell stepped onto the ports and started jumping and instructing them so they’re careful.

(Forgot a screenshot, sorry)

-

• Like 2
  • Love 1

-Chapter 2: Shell-

Shell and his brothers arrived on the island and Shell gasped, his mom’s words were true this island looked huge.

“We should find a food source” Shell intstructed which his brothers agreed with, they were hungry. Sadly they found no results after days of searching.

“Here” Shell said as he gave the younger nichelings the last of the berries stored in his neck fur, thanking his mom for making him take them with. “Can you two handle yourselves for a little bit while I search for food?” Shell asked making the younger males nod causing him to get up and start searching for food again.

Shell blinked as he saw a nicheling. They were patternlesss with yellowish orange looking fur and poison fangs just like his and dad’s.

“Um hello, do you know any food sources?” He asked but the nicheling simply started running through the grasses causing him to bolt after them. “I didn’t mean to scare you!” He said to the nicheling but they continued and just as he thought he caught up he couldn’t find them but he did see an odd berry bush. Then he recalled what dad had told him.

‘Poison berry bushes are fine for you and me to eat whole but for nichelings without our fangs or other toxic traits they need to have the skin peeled off as that’s where the poison lies’ Dad told him once, remembering that he called to his brothers.

“SPOT! LINE! I FOUND FOOD!” Those words caused the twins to bolt toward him with alarming speed. “BUT! You need to peel the skin off because it’s poisonous because you guys don’t have any toxic traits” Shell said as he peeled the berries to show them before handing them to the younger nichelings, and then eating himself.

‘I’m not sure if that was on purpose but thank you mystery nicheling’ Shell thought to himself as he thought of the odd nicheling he saw.

7.png.11e23071c8523ef9178b3a372ea101bf.png

Shell slightly growled to himself, how was he meant to continue mom and dad’s legacy if there were no potential mates. They had been here long enough for Spot and Line to grow into adult nichelings.

“Any scent of one?” Shell asked hopefully as he looked at his brothers.

“No wandering nichelings” Spot sighed, angry he couldn’t find anyone on this huge island. He remembers when Shell promised friends but after looking so much himself he couldn’t hold onto the anger he felt, it was so quiet and lonely here.

“Just more cacti” Line added, remembering how Spot had ran into one while not paying attention.

“Well come eat, you’ve been searching almost all day” Shell said with crushed hopes as his brothers came over and peeled their berries while they all ate, with the threat of being unable to fulfill their parent’s wish weighing on their minds.

8.png.d8603724c66ed8203fda9da246079f5a.png

“Oh hey you! My brother wanted to apologize for scaring you” Spot said getting Line’s attention as he saw the nicheling Shell mentioned before, with the same patternless yellowish orange fur. The nicheling bolted causing him to follow, and Line to as well as he didn’t trust him to not get lost. “Wait up we’re not gonna harm you!” Spot said but when he got closer it seemed like the nicheling vanished into the grasses themselves. He was angry but then scanned the area.

Spot gasped as he looked around.

“Line look at all this food! And even a nest this would be a perfect place to settle down!” Spot said as he went to pluck a berry but before Line could even respond he felt a paw knock his paw away from the berry bush causing him to yelp.

“It’s rude to steal y’know!” A red nicheling with yellow spots said, and not only that but a female nicheling!

“I’m so sorry, me and my brothers have only found a single berry bush and this place seems to have lots more food, and even a nest, did you build that?” Spot spoke causing the nicheling to blink a bit as she needed a second to process all that.

“Oh, brothers?” She asked only seeing one other nicheling.

“Yes, our older brother is watching over the berry bush right now but I could get him, he’s kept us fed since we were teens” Spot said, honestly trying to make sure his brother sounded better as Shell has finally cracked after a lot of pestering and told them of his role and their parent’s wish to continue the legacy.

“Oh he sounds very sweet, I’d love to meet him! I’m Iris” She spoke then added that last part after realizing she never said her name.

“HEY SHELL, WE FOUND FOOD, A NEST, AND A WANDERING NICHELING WHO’D LIKE TO MEET YOU” Line yelled and Shell sprinted after hearing all that but especially that last part.

“G-greetings, I’m Shell who are you?” Shell asked, though out of breath from running the whole way.

“I’m Iris, are you all right? I wasn’t gonna just disappear you know” Iris said with concern over the winded nicheling.

“Yeah but I wanted to say hello, and also would you be fine if we joined you here?” Shell asked hoping she would say yes because she was very pretty if he was honest with himself.

“Well sure, I’ve got plenty of food and you all seem like good nichelings” Iris said as she was also concerned if they were eating well if they all ate from only one berry bush.

“Thank you, you’re very kind and have very pretty fur” Shell internally clawed himself in the face as he didn’t mean to say that last part out loud. But Iris just laughed.

“Thanks, you have an interesting pattern too” Iris said, finding this male pretty funny.

“You think so?” Shell said as he looked up.

“Yes” Iris said. ‘Cute’ her brain thought but she then reminded herself it was far too early to think something like that.

“Why don’t we have a feast?” Iris said making the other nichelings agree and talk while enjoying the abundant food.

9.png.95997c24ee6b4065df903d09ea5de249.png

After about a month everyone had gotten along well and Shell decided now was a good time to ask as to get it done and over with.

“I know we haven’t know each other long but I find you enchanting and amazing so I wanted to ask if you’d want to be my mate?” Shell forced it out before he could get to anxious.

“Of course! You’re sweet and caring” Iris said as she nuzzled him, which made Shell smile, but not for the reason he probably should’ve been.

‘I can continue your legacy mom and dad, I wish I truly loved you though’ He thought as he looked at Iris’s happy smile.

10.png.959230af9e28a4b7e01d120f24b11195.png

Shell felt guilt eat him alive as he had, even if gently, encouraged Iris to have a pup as she had died giving birth to his heir, leaving the pup squeaking in confusion.

“I will name you Ducky” Shell whispered as he gently took the pup and curled around him.

Spot just sat there with his tail curled around his paws, feeling bad for his brother, Iris, and the pup all at once while Line just looked at the ground. Feeling slightly guilty for being jealous of his older brother having a pup at a time like this.

11.png.0388f9731e5fd913f7213345f2b59296.png

Line hummed as he walked through the grasses, bored and looking for something interesting. It seemed like a fruitless mission at first, grass, rock, cactus, over and over again.

‘Why does Shell always find all the interesting stuff while all I find is grass and cacti’ Line thought to himself a bit bitterly as he continued his search.

Then he stopped as he sniffed the air, another nicheling that he’s never smelled before! He darted through the grass and startled the nichling.

“What’s the rush for?” The nicheling said, wondering why this nicheling looked way too excited.

“I was looking for something interesting and I found you, a nicheling our monarchy has never seen before. Would you like to join?” Line making the nicheling take a second to process that before speaking.

“Well I mean sure?” The nicheling said, confused but hey free food and more bearyena protection.

“Hey Shell, I have a nicheling who’d like to join our group” Line said after they got home making Shell look over.

“Sure, the more the better!” Shell said, excited to have more nichelings in the group.

“So now I can show you the berry bushes and where all the food is” Line said with a grin. “Oh I’m Line by the way” He continued realizing he never told his name.

I’m Jewel, nice to meet you“ The nicheling said as she followed him.

(forgot a screenshot oops)

-

Ducky had become a teen and so he was moving around more but he wasn’t too adventurous which was shocking considering who his dad was.

“I wanted to tell you of the responsibility you will have when you’re older” Shell said making Ducky tilt his head.

“Responsiblity?” He said, wondering what his dad meant.

“You will be the leader of this pack someday, so you will have to make lots of decisions and some will be tough. I wanted to tell you now so you’re prepared when I’ve passed” Shell explained, feeling bad for giving his son this weight on his shoulders but he knew his parent’s wanted a legacy and he didn’t want to refuse them that, even if it did mean that Ducky would have to shoulder to weight one day.

“That sounds like a lot” Ducky said nervously, wondering if he would ever be ready for that.

“It is, but I’ll teach you what I’ve learned so it’ll be easier to bear” Shell responded as he looked around.

“You think I’ll be a good leader one day?” Ducky asked making Shell smile.

“Better than me” He replied, and he knew it was true as he wasn’t the best leader seeing as he had to learn of the weight he held at a bad age.

“Okay” Ducky said and Shell started teaching him all he knew.

12.png.338efd833ae9f3faac6bd9a2a87fa228.png

It was a pleasant surprise to Shell when Jewel and Line had a pup.

“Well it’s always good having more members” Shell said as he looked at the red nicheling with spotted fur.

“Ladybug” Jewel said making Line confused for a second before he realized she was naming the pup so he gave the pup a slight smile.

“That sounds like a good name for her, Ladybug” Line repeated to himself as he looked at his pup, feeling content.

The tiny pup just squeaked once before falling asleep, much to Line’s amusement as from what mom told him they were usually very noisy.

“She’s not sick right? She only squeaked once” Line said as the smile fell of his face while Jewel just rolled her eyes.

“She hasn’t sneezed or coughed so she’s fine, didn’t know you were such a worrier” Jewel said with a shrug as she laid by the pup.

“I’m not” Line denied, though even he knew that was a lie. “I was just making sure” He grumbled.

“She seems strong, I mean look at that claw” Jewel said as she looked at Ladybug.

“I guess you’re right” Line sighed before laying down as well so the three could all drift off.

13.png.877525199086455671a4ade9b2642332.png

It was shocking to Ducky, he expected his dad and everyone else to live a much longer time but apparently not.

Jewel was the first to go, getting sick and age making it hard to fight off. Next was dad, he had been getting older and slower but he expected him to live longer. Then both Spot and Line died around the same time, leaving him to care for a now teen Ladybug alone.

And that is quite the task.

“C’mon can’t we go somewhere new? This place is boring and I wanna see something different!” Ladybug said with a grin as she all but bounced around Ducky.

“No, there’s a bunch of food here and I don’t feel like starving” Ducky rolled his eyes in irritation at his cousin’s antics, she was a good pup but very tiring sometimes.

“But there might be a place with MORE food somewhere else! You never know till you look” Ladybug said excitedly.

“Maybe” Ladybug gave a huge smile before Ducky continued. “But there might not be, staying here would be much safer” He finished making Ladybug deflate.

“But you’ll never find a mate staying here” Ladybug grumbled.

“I don’t need one yet, I’m not that old” Ducky said slightly offended as he had become an adult nicheling only recently.

“Old” Ladybug just gave a sly grin while Ducky just stared at her before sighing.

“Handling a whole group of nichelings would be easier” Ducky said as he started to pluck berries.

“Well we’d have to find other nichelings first” Ladybug replied.

“Can you just help me pick berries please?” Ducky said causing Ladybug to give an over dramatic sigh.

“I guess” She started to pick berries.

14.png.a5ac1901ddb151cca06d164c43a12279.png

• Like 1