Stray Fawn Community

Lioden challenge(?)

medicine cat

CHAPTER 35 DAY 680

Flamewing quickly becomes popular with all of the lionesses, aside from Madgaze, who isn't that interested in lions anyway. Soon after Flamewing's arrival, Goldpetal and Dynasty are both due to have his cubs. Flamewing falls in love with Goldpetal, and asks her to be his queen.
"Of course I will," purrs the lioness. "It's an honor."

Goldpetal gives birth to a daughter- Meadowface. Meadowface is a humorous and friendly cub, and though her mother wishes she was more serious, she loves her very much.
image.png.73d4317cc019a7c26ce8313389fb100d.png

Meanwhile, Dynasty gives birth to a son, and names him Yellowsnake. Yellowsnake is a shy and quiet male, but is very close to his mother. He enjoys playing with Meadowface, since they're around the same age.
image.png.5ff2ed05de8e8c28180dc14ffb406367.png

Scourgeblossom finally dies of old age, and Stormysong mourns her mother.

Flamewing's first two cubs grow into adulthood, and Dynasty and Goldpetal become pregnant once more.

• Like 4
  • Love 1

CHAPTER 36 DAY 696

Dynasty gives birth to another son- a golden-pelted male named Gruffclaw. Though capable and a strong cub, he's rather unsociable and disagrees with his father.
image.png.b6758f165431a9f5382f9257ebd48870.png

Goldpetal has a crimson-pelted son, and names him Fireoak.
image.png.0d95018f1507b48fb881fa851b05b0a9.png

Fireoak bonds with his parents closely, and especially enjoys sparring with his father. But he often argues with Gruffclaw, who isn't as popular with his pridemates.
"Just ignore him," Goldpetal purrs, nuzzling her son. "He's jealous."

The lionesses later have two more cubs- Goldpetal has a ginger cub named Starwing, and Dynasty has a daughter named Autumntail.
image.png.f7dc3b7499c8ec23b7688e225f88dba9.png

Meanwhile, a hyena comes and attacks Fireoak. It blinds him, and he'd be done for, if it weren't for Gruffclaw coming to save him.

• Like 5

CHAPTER 37 DAY 709

Madgaze and Scourgeblossom die of old age. Flamewing, old himself, realizes his own mortality is approaching soon, and he looks at his sons. He prays to the ancestors that Fireoak takes over, as their ideals are most alike.
image.thumb.png.00ea7ed5948d327b273c2f912a0f235d.png
"Dynasty is pregnant again," he tells Redoak to get the conversation started.
The blind red lion rests his head on his paws. "That's good news."
"Indeed." Flamewing nods his head. "I am trying to leave a legacy behind with my children." He looks at Redoak. "That includes you, Redoak."
Redoak smiles. "I suppose so."
"I hope you become king, Redoak. After I'm gone."
The lion turns his head away from his father. "I doubt that would happen now."
"The pride believes in you. Your mother certainly does." Flamewing smiles.
"We'll see what happens," says Redoak, mostly to comfort his father.

Flamewing dies soon after. His sons meet in the middle of pride territory, with the lionesses tensely watching.

Gruffclaw moves first, attacking Redoak and eliminating him from. Goldpetal lets out an enraged roar. Shocked, Yellowsnake whirls around to see Gruffclaw charging towards him. Gruffclaw goes for Yellowsnake's throat, but Yellowsnake uses powerful front paws to knock him back, knocking the breath out of the weaker lion. In rage and terror, he kills Gruffclaw. Yellowsnake is the new king of the pride.

Yellowsnake decides to leave the oasis- it's hot and uninhabitable for the pride, and he calls the pride together to decide where they will go next.

"I say that we go West," begins Yellowsnake. He smiles. 
"Go North," suggests Goldpetal. It looks less dry than here."
"If we want somewhere with more rain, go East. I always see clouds that way," says Dynasty.
"I agree with mother about going north," says Meadowface.
After much debate, the pride decides to go north.

A trio of hyenas attacks the pride on the way to the new territory, killing Goldpetal. Enraged, Meadowface runs to defend her mother, but a hyena pins her down, slashing its claws across her chest and tearing her left ear. Finally, Yellowsnake charges in to save her, fending off the hyenas with the other lionesses.

But at the entrance of the new territory, Yellowsnake sees bones. He prays to the ancestors he hasn't led his pride astray.
image.png.6a932619f97a523530d4ffb9a5776404.png

• Like 4
  • Eek! 1

CHAPTER 38 DAY 728

Yellowsnake's pride begins to cautiously explore the new island. Dynasty dies of old age, leaving just him, Meadowface, Starwing, and Autumntail. Autumntail especially takes the loss of her mother hard and distances herself from the pride.

Unfortunately, the new territory has a lack of lionesses for quite a while, and rather large, fearsome hyenas unlike anything the lions have seen before.

Starwing comes up pregnant with a cub from a rogue male, but decides not to share the fact with anyone in the pride. She hopes to claim that she simply found the cub, and hope that it bears no resemblance to her.

Unfortunately for Starwing...
The cub looks very similar to her. She names the cub Adri.
Yellowsnake looks over the cub with suspicion.
"Have mercy on her," Adri says to Yellowsnake, tearful. "She's just a cub.
"I'm not going to hurt her." Yellowstone says. "Keep watch of her. She will be part of the pride.
image.png.8b585df455a3d700adbc2cd63a8ff837.png

Meadowface dies of old age, leaving just Starwing, Autumntail, Yellowsnake, and Adri.
image.thumb.png.1d099a6a22f38b51b55343bbedf38b2b.png

Yellowsnake is killed by a hyena, and the lionesses of the pride fall into a deep state of panic- especially Autumntail, who was close with her brother.
"There's hope though," Adri says to Autumntail and her mother. "I'm going to be having a cub. I had one with a rogue."

As if blessed by the ancestors, Adri gives birth to a son- a golden-pelted male with light mane. She names him Nole.
Another hyena attacks the pride, and the lionesses go after it. The said hyena heads straight for Nole! Desperate to protect her son, Adri dives at the hyena and kills it, scarring her left eye and her abdomen in the process.
image.png.24f41cbb77df49b1ea1bec85c432a368.png

Despite being raised to be king, Adri makes sure her son always stays humble as possible- and he does, growing into a down-to-earth and friendly young lion.

• Like 3
  • Love 1

CHAPTER 39 DAY 785

Starwing dies of an illness, leaving the young king Nole, and then Adri and Autumntail.
image.png.2643e8b4a257e6328668ab8eb05ba4d9.png

Adri becomes pregnant with a rogue male once more. Nole lets his mother do so despite it being against pride law, knowing the numbers are low.

Adri has another male, a powerful young cub who she names Strikevoice. The now fully-grown Nole worries Strikevoice might grow to fight him one day, so he forms a close bond with his brother in hopes they will be good friends. 
image.png.7277991621660c0a42e6433c33dc1e5f.png
And it works- as Strikevoice grows, the brothers become inseparable. Despite his name, Strikevoice is a calm lion with a warm personality- just with a quite powerful roar.
image.png.cc93879aaa24d7ae87ab824f15ced823.png

Autumntail dies of old age, and the lions mourn her.
"I hope that you find a queen of your own soon," says Adri, nuzzling her son. "You need to carry on our pride, you know."
"I know, Mom," sighs Nole. "I'm trying."

Adri dies of an illness, her dying wish for her sons to carry on the pride.
"We have plenty of time," Nole says to Strikevoice.
"But we've been searching forever. We need to get going," says the bigger lion calmly.

Nole and Strikevoice search for months and begin to believe that they will never find a lioness for the pride.

But they do!
Her name is Blightwit, and she is a tough but arrogant lioness.
"I'll join your pride I suppose," she growls lowly. "If I get the biggest cut of what I hunt."
"...Sure," says Nole.
"I can't stand her," Strikevoice whispers to Nole.
"Shh! We need a lioness!" Nole says to his brother. "Keep quiet."

Blightwit promptly becomes pregnant with a cub.
image.png.5458618fe126943c2096656a4d92611d.png

She has a son with her pelt and light green eyes. Nole names him Monkeyclaw.
image.png.377e5fbe0c18b4930866f4fab305879e.png

Nole dies of an illness as well as Strikevoice, letting Monkeyclaw take over the pride as an adolescent.
image.png.64b8c53c2b4ac6cbfc5cc3d071efd44e.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

20 hours ago, medicine cat said:

CHAPTER 39 DAY 785

Starwing dies of an illness, leaving the young king Nole, and then Adri and Autumntail.
image.png.2643e8b4a257e6328668ab8eb05ba4d9.png

Adri becomes pregnant with a rogue male once more. Nole lets his mother do so despite it being against pride law, knowing the numbers are low.

Adri has another male, a powerful young cub who she names Strikevoice. The now fully-grown Nole worries Strikevoice might grow to fight him one day, so he forms a close bond with his brother in hopes they will be good friends. 
image.png.7277991621660c0a42e6433c33dc1e5f.png
And it works- as Strikevoice grows, the brothers become inseparable. Despite his name, Strikevoice is a calm lion with a warm personality- just with a quite powerful roar.
image.png.cc93879aaa24d7ae87ab824f15ced823.png

Autumntail dies of old age, and the lions mourn her.
"I hope that you find a queen of your own soon," says Adri, nuzzling her son. "You need to carry on our pride, you know."
"I know, Mom," sighs Nole. "I'm trying."

Adri dies of an illness, her dying wish for her sons to carry on the pride.
"We have plenty of time," Nole says to Strikevoice.
"But we've been searching forever. We need to get going," says the bigger lion calmly.

Nole and Strikevoice search for months and begin to believe that they will never find a lioness for the pride.

But they do!
Her name is Blightwit, and she is a tough but arrogant lioness.
"I'll join your pride I suppose," she growls lowly. "If I get the biggest cut of what I hunt."
"...Sure," says Nole.
"I can't stand her," Strikevoice whispers to Nole.
"Shh! We need a lioness!" Nole says to his brother. "Keep quiet."

Blightwit promptly becomes pregnant with a cub.
image.png.5458618fe126943c2096656a4d92611d.png

She has a son with her pelt and light green eyes. Nole names him Monkeyclaw.
image.png.377e5fbe0c18b4930866f4fab305879e.png

Nole dies of an illness as well as Strikevoice, letting Monkeyclaw take over the pride as an adolescent.
image.png.64b8c53c2b4ac6cbfc5cc3d071efd44e.png

Nooooo

Finally two brothers who were friends and now they're dead :(