Stray Fawn Community

Forestclan

Peanutpup77

This is my first Warrior Cats playthrough! Hopefully it will go well. I probably won't post that often, maybe only once a week.

We'll be starting on Grass Mingle

When the flames struck their home, almost no one from Forestclan could escape. Many burned to ashes that night, but six didn't. They leaped onto the ports and escaped from their destroyed home, leaving their burning clanmates behind.

1236917718_Screenshot(82).png.5872b10a75c3a9522aac8fdd0bc3aa9a.png

Duskstar is the leader of the surviving Forestclan cats. He is the chocolate brown tom with amber eyes. He has four lives left, as he lost one in the fire and the other four to sickness and bearyena's.

Nightclaw is the deputy of Forestclan. She was appointed during the trip to Forestclan's new home, as the old deputy died in the flames. She is Foxpaw's mother and is very protective of her only surviving kit. Nightclaw is the black she-cat with green eyes and a webbed paw.

Mallowfur is the Medicine Cat of Forestclan. She is the oldest in the clan and usually the first one kits would go to for story's. She is very gentle and quiet and also has a good connection with Starclan. Mallowfur is the white she-cat with blue eyes.

Murkfang is a warrior in Forestclan. He is quite jumpy and was disturbed by the burning island the clan left behind. Murkfang is the chestnut brown tabby tom with yellow eyes and the water body.

Sootberry is also a warrior in Forestclan. She is very energetic and also a mentor to Foxpaw. She is much younger then Murkfang, but Duskstar made her Foxpaw's mentor in the hopes that her more energetic and caring personality would help Foxpaw overcome the trauma of watching her home and family burn. Sootberry is the black she-cat with red spots and golden eyes.

Foxpaw is the only apprentice in Forestclan. She is very close to her mother Nightclaw and mentor Sootberry. She is a skilled hunter and fighter, even though she is anxious most of the time. Her littermates died in the fires as did her father. Foxpaw is the black tabby she-cat with green eyes. 

The surviving members of Forestclan looked out at their new home. It was much bigger than their old home but they would most likely get used to it. The six cats sat in silence for a while, just taking in their new home, when Sootberry yelped and dashed away from the water. Their was a leech on her front shoulder! Mallowfur sighed. How could her clanmates have already gotten hurt when they had only been on the new island for a few minutes? She padded over to Sootberry.

582863195_Screenshot(83).png.63ca3e88c8d82d107902062a4997bf64.png

"Stay as still as possible and try not to tense your body. I'm going to pull this leech out" Sootberry nodded in agreement, untensing her shoulders, wincing in pain as she did. Mallowfur sank her teeth into the leech and yanked as hard as she could. Sootberry yowled in pain and clawed at the ground churning up the dirt and revealing a root underneath her feet. Mallowfur spit the leech out and pulled on the root until it came loose. "It'll have to do." She said and pressed the newly dug up root into the wound on Sootberry's shoulder. Sootberry sighed in relief.

"Thanks Mallowfur. Sorry I freaked out." Sootberry said. Mallowfur smiled and responded

"Just don't mess with leeches again, okay?"

"Of course!" Sootberry exclaimed nodding vigorously. Foxpaw came up to Sootberry and licked her paws cautiously.

."Are you okay, Sootberry?" She asked.

"I'm fine Foxpaw. It was just a leech." Sootberry comforted the troubled apprentice.

"Maybe it's time we start looking for a new camp" Nightclaw butted in. "A new camp away from the water" She looked to Duskstar.

"Sounds good Nightclaw. We can start looking now."

Duskstar and Sootberry hurried ahead well Nightclaw waited for Mallowfur, Foxpaw, and Murkfang who were lagging behind.

1431230532_Screenshot(84).png.80f715a39db0a34a674bd3e736b394d7.png

It took the small clan a few moons to finally find the perfect camp, but they did eventually.

"Do you smell all the herbs? This will be enough to treat all the wounds this clan may get for several moons!" Mallowfur exclaimed excitedly.

"And this stream should have plenty of fish in it!" Foxpaw said, dipping a paw in to the cool and clear water. The clan spent the day clearing out grass in their new home.

The next morning, the clan was running low on food. 

"We have to send out a hunting party" Nightclaw announced. "We don't have enough food to feed everyone, and we don't want anyone to starve"

"Me and Foxpaw can go hunting" Sootberry offered and Foxpaw nodded in agreement at her mother.

"And I can dig up some roots if everyone doesn't mind living of herbs for a while." Mallowfur said.

"Sounds good" Nightclaw responded. "I'll come hunting with you and Foxpaw, Sootberry"

The clan spent the rest of the day collecting food, but when they all came back to camp, all they had to eat were a few roots and some berry's.

There was good news though. Murkfang had spotted some fish downstream, so Sootberry, Foxpaw, and Nightclaw said they would head down there to try to fish.

When morning came, it was raining. But the hunting patrol still went out, in the hopes of finding anything to eat. After a while Foxpaw smelled a mole. She froze and looked around in the underbrush. Sure enough, a little head was poking out of the ground. Foxpaw sank in the hunting position and slowly crawled forward, barely moving her paws, before leaping and ending the moles life with a quick nip on the neck.

(sorry forgot screenshot)

Nightclaw and Sootberry were very proud of Foxpaw, especially sense she was the only one in that hunting group to catch any prey. Murkfang came back later that day with a dead clownkoi in his jaws. Forestclan feasted that night, and they still had enough food left over in the morning to feed all the cats that day.

They spent the next day clearing out the area around their camp.

Foxpaw, Sootberry, and Murkfang headed out on patrol. They were scouting out the boundaries of the territory when they found bones. Murkfang shuddered and sniffed the air.

"Bearyena!" he yowled. "There's a Bearyena on our territory!" Sootberry and Foxpaw raced towards him, but Sootberry reached him first. Murkfang clawed at the bearyena, but his claws got caught in the bearyena's thick fur. It leaped towards Sootberry and sunk its's claws into her chest. She yelped in pain and clawed back at the bearyena, injuring it. She clawed at it again but the bearyena kept advancing towards her, foaming at the mouth and baring it's teeth. Sootberry was preparing herself to feel teeth sink into her skin when the bearyena dead on the ground. 

1981585112_Screenshot(85).png.890af775ed3ab618e4f3c65b4bac81ef.png

Foxpaw had bit the bearyena in the neck, killing it. Sootberry congratulated her apprentice.

"Thanks Foxpaw! I would have died without you."

"Are you okay?" Foxpaw asked, looking nervously at the bleeding wound in Sootberry's chest.

"I'll be fine." Sootberry said, leaping down from the stump she was standing on and wincing. Foxpaw looked unconvinced.

"Let's head back to camp so you can get that check out" She said. Foxpaw and Murkfang led Sootberry back to camp.

• Like 3

Leader - Duskstar - Chocolate brown tom with amber eyes. 4 lives left

Deputy - Nightclaw -  Black she-cat with green eyes and a webbed paw

Medicine Cat - Mallowfur - White she-cat with blue eyes

Warriors

Murkfang - Chestnut brown tabby tom with yellow eyes and the water body

Sootberry (mentoring Foxpaw) - Black she-cat with red spots and golden eyes

Apprentices -

Foxpaw - Black tabby she-cat with green eyes

When Sootberry, Foxpaw, and Murkfang finally got back to camp, Mallowfur let out a exasperated sigh.

"Seriously Sootberry? We've only been in our new camp for a few days. The wound on your shoulder just healed, for Starclan's sake!"

"I'm sorry Mallowfur" Sootberry said sincerely, looking to the ground in embarrassment. "A bearyena attacked Murkfang and I had to protect him."

"That's okay Sootberry," Mallowfur said. "Let's get some herbs on this wound"

In the morning, Mallowfur wouldn't wake up. 

"Mallowfur?" Sootberry said nervously, sounding like her apprentice. "Mallowfur? I need new dressing on my wound."

Mallowfur didn't move. Sootberry ran out of the den, wincing in pain, and yowled to the whole camp "Mallowfur won't wake up!" Duskstar poked his head out of his den, yawning sleepily.

"What do you mean?" He asked.

"Come and see!" she said racing into the den.

That night the whole clan honored Mallowfur. Duskstar and Sootberry stayed by her body all night, before burying under a bush the next morning. The clan was nervous because Mallowfur hadn't trained an apprentice. Duskstar and Nightclaw started spending lots of time together, as they had known Mallowfur the best.

1568944550_Screenshot(86).png.1687fe48b008f8debb4c89539b075acd.png

The next few days passed without anything much happening.

On the third day after Mallowfur's death, a another bearyena ran into the camp. Sootberry tried to charge at it, but Nightclaw stopped her. 

"You just got injured Sootberry. Let us deal with this one." she said, baring her teeth and charging at the bearyena with her daughter. Foxpaw slashed at the bearyena, and Nightclaw bit it on the shoulder. It howled in pain and turned around to bite Foxpaw. Before that could happen, Duskstar charged in and nipped it's tail.

216701734_Screenshot(87).png.e97e162368f360a7b55f004c7b778d8c.png

It whirled around and bit Duskstar's neck. Duskstar fell on the ground and went still. Nightclaw yowled in fury and fought harder, and finally the bearyena fell to Foxpaw. The bearyena was dead, but their leader had lost a life.

Finally, Duskstar rose, gasping weakly. "Tomorrow morning... I need to make Foxpaw a warrior."

579817173_Screenshot(88).png.5ed45d604697c136699bc0d1cedc3d25.png

Foxpaw glowed in excitement "If your feeling up to it, Duskstar"

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Leader - Duskstar - Chocolate brown tom with amber eyes. 3 lives left

Deputy - Nightclaw -  Black she-cat with green eyes and a webbed paw

Medicine Cat -

Warriors

Sootberry (mentoring Foxpaw) - Black she-cat with red spots, golden eyes, and a scar over her chest

Apprentices

Foxpaw - Black tabby she-cat with green eyes

"All cats old enough to hunt gather underneath this rock" Duskstar called. Foxpaw raced out of her den and sat down right underneath Duskstar's feet. "I can see your excited." he purred, whisker's twitching in amusement. Soon the rest of the clan joined them.

"Foxpaw." Duskstar said solemnly. "Yesterday, a bearyena attacked, taking one of my lives. I hear from your mentor that you brought it down. You have shown all the traits a warrior should have. So I ask you - Will you follow the warrior code your whole life?"

"I will" said Foxpaw quietly.

"Will you give your life to protect your clanmates?"

"I will"

"Then from now on you will be known as Foxglow. Starclan honors your loyalty and hunting skill."

"Foxglow! Foxglow!" the clan chanted. Sootberry bounded up to the newly named Foxglow, and whispered in her ear "You earned this, Foxglow."

1288418769_Screenshot(91).png.5147a1e97ba3ca9c8d8a8f2b09e04c24.png

Later that night Duskstar nervously approached Nightclaw. "Nightclaw? Will you follow me outside the camp? I want to talk to you."

Nightclaw tilted her head slightly "Sure Duskstar."

Duskstar lead Nightclaw just outside the camp and then turned around to face her. "Nightclaw... I was wondering if..."

"What is it Duskstar" said Nightclaw, looking worried.

"I was wondering if... if you would be my mate." Duskstar blurted out, immediately feeling embarrassed.

Instead of rejecting him like Duskstar had thought Nightclaw was going to do, she looked happy and surprised and leaned into him. "Of course I'll be your mate, Duskstar. I never thought I'd love another, but I love you." she purred, rubbing her snout against his jaw.

1515841193_Screenshot(90).png.6ee8781d8ec86a22417a8d925018ab76.png

Not much happened the next moon, but on a wet and dreary day, Nightclaw bounded up to Duskstar happily.

"Duskstar!" She said, beaming.

"What is it Nightclaw?" he purred playfully.

"I'm going to have a kit, Duskstar! Were going to have a kit!" She exclaimed.

Duskstar was surprised, but very happy. "Really? That's amazing! Hopefully they'll be okay with no medicine cat."

"I'm sure it'll be fine." Nightclaw purred. "Let's just be happy."

149465146_Screenshot(94).thumb.png.75f0a684dc96239d92cbf0aa8ff774cc.png

"We'll call her Webkit" Nightclaw said, smiling down at her new daughter.

"Sounds good to me." Duskstar said, nuzzling his mate and daughter.

4520409_Screenshot(95).png.bedae839d51fd7394754d1cc856866aa.png

• Like 2
  • Eek! 1

Leader - Duskstar - Chocolate brown tom with amber eyes. 3 lives left. Mate to Nightclaw

Deputy - Nightclaw -  Black she-cat with green eyes and a webbed paw, Mother to Webkit (currently queen)

Medicine Cat -

Warriors

Sootberry  - Black she-cat with red spots, golden eyes, and a scar over her chest

Foxglow - Black tabby she-cat with green eyes

Kits

Webkit - A chocolate brown she-cat with green eyes  

Sootberry and Foxglow were out on patrol, looking for new creatures to join the clan, at Duskstar's request. So far, their search had been unsuccessful. Sootberry and Foxglow each caught a mole. Foxglow was currently howling atop a stump, hoping that her calls would lure a cat closer to her. It took a long time, but finally, her efforts payed of. A light brown calico cat with strange violet eyes came darting out of the bushes. Sootberry leaped forward, grinning.

"What's your name?" She asked gleefully.

The other cat seemed takin aback "M-Me? My name is Ripple." 

Foxglow jumped down from the stump. "Hi Ripple! My name is Foxglow and this is Sootberry." She said waving her tail towards her former mentor. "We live in a clan and were searching for new members. Would you like to join?"

Ripple had heard about clans. Usually cats that were part of clans had happier lives than cats that wandered on their own. "Okay"

1021641286_Screenshot(96).png.509535466c53fd0074434418c4683377.png

Meanwhile, back at camp, Webkit was showing interest in becoming a medicine cat. Her parents were excited but didn't know how she would get her training. At least until a white cat covered in stars started suddenly appeared in Webkit's dreams. 

"Who are you?" Webkit asked, forgetting to be polite. 

The starry she-cat laughed "My name is Mallowfur" She purred.

Webkit's eyes widened in realization "Oh! My parents talk about you all the time!" 

Mallowfur smiled "I've been watching you Webkit. Do you realize you are the age of an apprentice?"

"Yes!" said Webkit, nodding vigorously. "But I don't want to be a warrior. I want to heal my clanmates! To make sure daddy never loses a life again!"

"I can help you with that dream" Mallowfur said. "I will train you in your dreams so Forestclan can have a medicine cat again. But for now, I have to go. See you tomorrow night!" Mallowfur faded away, and Webkit jolted awake.

"All cats old enough to hunt gather underneath this rock" Duskstar called.

Foxglow scooped up the mole she was sharing with Sootberry and Ripple and padded over to the rock that Duskstar was perched on, her friends trailing behind her. Soon after, Nightclaw and Webkit emerged from the nursery, Webkit squirming as her mother pinned her down to clean her fur. Finally she escaped and dashed over to the rock sitting down right at her father's feet.

"Webkit" He said. "Do you wish to follow the path of a Medicine Cat?"

"I do" said Webkit

"Then until you become a official Medicine Cat, you will be called Webpaw."

899306301_Screenshot(98).png.4499b8342a3df4f4b799b922d6509791.png

"Webpaw! Webpaw!" The clan chanted. Webpaw found her mother in the crowd and went to sit beside her. Nightclaw licked her fondly. 

Duskstar turned to face Ripple. "Ripple, do you wish to join Forestclan?" 

"I do" Ripple responded glancing towards Foxglow before looking away again.

"Then from now on you will be known as Ripplesky." Duskstar said "Starclan honors your willingness to be part of our clan, and we hope you will help us in the future." 

"Ripplesky! Ripplesky!" The clan called.

Duskstar jumped down from the rock and went to congratulate his daughter.

"Ripplesky!" Foxglow said, pushing her way through the crowd to him. "Do you want to come hunting with me?"

"Sure!" Ripplesky responded, glad for the chance to be with Foxglow.

Ripplesky caught a couple of fish before he and Foxglow headed into the grass to hopefully find a rabbit or mole.

Back at camp, Murkfang cautiously approached Sootberry. 

"Sootberry? I - I want to admit something."

1619268758_Screenshot(99).png.1d44a172d36408723cd817737f3ce522.png

"Yes, Murkfang?" Sootberry said.

"Sootberry I... I wanted to tell you that I love you. Would you be my mate?" Murkfang gushed out.

Sootberry looked mournful. "Sorry Murkfang, but I see you as a friend. I don't love you. I'm really sorry!" She said, seeing the hurt look on his face. 

"That - That's okay Sootberry." Murkfang raced away wanting to escape. 

"I really am sorry" Sootberry whispered into the empty space were Murkfang had been.

471071515_Screenshot(100).png.fef8f83e1906d4862655b0c8933d8543.png

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

Leader - Duskstar - Chocolate brown tom with amber eyes. 3 lives left. Mate to Nightclaw

Deputy - Nightclaw -  Black she-cat with green eyes and a webbed paw, Mother to Webpaw

Medicine Cat - Webpaw

Warriors - 

Sootberry  - Black she-cat with red spots, golden eyes, and a scar over her chest

Ripplesky - A light brown calico tom with strange violet eyes

"Mother, do you want to come hunting with me?" Foxglow asked for what seemed like the hundredth time.

Nightclaw sighed. "Foxglow, I don't have time for hunting with you anymore. I have to help Webpaw collect herbs. Can you just leave me alone and let me help my daughter?" 

"But I'm your daughter to!" Foxglow protested.

"Your old enough to take care of yourself. I don't have time to help you anymore."

"I don't want your help." Foxglow hissed "I want your love. I want you to care about me. I want you to do something with me for once instead of Webpaw." Foxglow raced away, not even wanting to look at her mother.

Sootberry found Foxglow hours later, sitting by the river and staring sadly into the murky water.

'What's wrong Foxglow?" Sootberry asked, sitting down beside her friend.

"Nightclaw doesn't care about me anymore." Foxglow said quietly. "She said she only has time for Webpaw."

"Really?" Sootberry exclaimed, "I thought she cared about you more than anything."

"Not anymore" Foxglow said bitterly. "These days it's 'I'm collecting herbs for Webpaw' or 'I'm bringing dinner to Webpaw'. No time for her other daughter."

"I'm sorry Foxglow." Sootberry said. "That must be really hard. But I want you to know, I'll always  be here for you. No matter what"

"Thanks Sootberry" Foxglow whispered.

1745932718_Screenshot(102).png.5d238b97d763d1617fe009e1a4f69f0c.png

"Ripplesky!" Foxglow called.

'What is it, Foxglow?" Ripplesky asked.

"Me and Sootberry were wondering if you knew any wanderer who might be interested in joining the clan." Foxglow explained.

"I might know a few" Ripplesky said.

The party of three headed to the stump where Sootberry and Foxglow had found Ripplesky. Ripplesky clambered up and started yowling names, well Sootberry and Foxglow scouted the area.

Meanwhile, back at camp, Nightclaw raced up to Duskstar. 

"Duskstar! I'm having another kit!" she exclaimed

"Really?" Duskstar said, eyes widening. "So soon after having Webpaw?"

Nightclaw nodded.

"That's great! Duskstar said. "I'll ask Murkfang to prepare the nursery."

759693689_Screenshot(103).png.523ab63d47880b1d30be7c709d6641a1.png

Out on the patrol, Ripplesky finally managed to find one of his old friends.

"Scarlet!" he mewed happily. "You heard!"

"Hello, Ripple." the red she-cat purred. "You've found some new friends."

Ripplesky nodded. "It's Ripplesky now. I joined a clan called Forestclan. These are my friends Sootberry and Foxglow" Ripplesky waved his tail at each she-cat.

1857509291_Screenshot(105).png.94e49e8cc63886af23839b897e6be84f.png

"Hello!" Sootberry chirped. "Great to meet you Scarlet."

Foxglow was narrowing her eyes at Ripplesky's friendly behavior towards Scarlet. "Hi" she said.

Ripplesky ignored Foxglow's hostility towards his friend. "We were wondering if you would like to join Forestclan, Scarlet" Ripplesky looked hopefully at the red she-cat.

"Ok" Scarlet said "I'd be interested in living with a clan"

Nightclaw had just given birth to her kit when a bearyena dashed into the nursery, roaring angrily.

"Bearyena in the nursery!" Nightclaw yelped, trying to get in front of her newly born kit. The bearyena growled and slowly advanced towards her. Nightclaw hissed at it and slashed it's muzzle. Duskstar raced into the nursery and leaped on the bearyena's back, trying to protect his kit. The bearyena ignored him and bit Nightclaw's leg, shaking it fiercely. Nightclaw wen't limp in pain and Duskstar growled and attacked the bearyena again, opening a wound in it's back that dripped blood onto the grassy floor.  Nightclaw pushed her daughter out of the nest, but instead of landing safely on the ground, she tumbled into the river, mewling pathetically. Nightclaw cried out in fear and tried to fish the drowning kit out of the river, her hurt leg dragging limply behind her. Sootberry, awakened by the noise, saw the drowning kit and pulled her out of the river. The little kit spewed up water and mewed weakly.

1022035348_Screenshot(106).png.334926946c28214344840b8353bdb9ef.png

The bearyena leaped at Nightclaw again and slashed at her chest, slicing through skin and sinew. Duskstar yowled furiously and finally took down the bearyena. He ran over to his injured mate and checked her pulse. Her heart was beating faintly. He called out to Webpaw. "Webpaw! Webpaw!" finally his daughter poked her head into the nursery. Her eyes widened as she took in the scene. Her mother, almost dead, and a fully dead bearyena laying on the floor. 

"What happened?" She whispered.

1794356242_Screenshot(108).png.866bdbb0098058342691f20ed5131868.png

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

(Sorry for short update)

Deputy - 

Medicine Cat - Webpaw - A chocolate brown she-cat with green eyes

Warriors - 

Scarletfire - A red she-cat with blue eyes

Kits -

Nightkit - A beige she-cat with black patterns and green eyes

Nightclaw died three days later. Scarlet had been renamed Scarletfire, but instead of a boisterous festival, it was a sorrowful one. Nightclaw's kit had been named Nightkit, in her memory. Almost the whole clan honored Nightclaw, but Foxglow refused. 

"She didn't do anything but hurt me!" Foxglow protested when Duskstar approached her angrily. "She didn't care about me, so I don't care about her."

1119177093_Screenshot(110).png.ebf74fde21b5bed9079e136ce59173cf.png

The next morning, after Webpaw and Duskstar left the camp to bury Nightclaw's body, Foxglow asked Ripplesky if he would talk to her.

"Of course Foxglow!" Ripplesky said, following Foxglow as she led him outside of camp.

Foxglow turned around to face him as soon as they were out of sight. She took a deep breath. "Ripplesky... I wanted to tell you I love you. I know that those feelings are probably not returned, but I do."

Ripplesky was ecstatic "Foxglow of course I love you! Who else would I love?"

Foxglow looked down at the ground "I thought Scarletfire..."
Ripplesky laughed "Scarletfire is my sister Foxglow!"

"Oh!" Foxglow exclaimed, looking much happier. "Then I guess I'd like to ask, will you be my mate Ripplesky?"

"Yes, I will" Ripplesky responded, twining his mate's tail with his own.

110902861_Screenshot(111).png.50bdd773126b0956fc3e328f2deeb4f4.png

"All cats old enough to hunt gather underneath this rock" Duskstar yowled

The clan swarmed underneath him.

"The new deputy of Forestclan is Sootberry." Duskstar said unemotionally.

He left the rock while the clan was cheering "Sootberry! Sootberry!".

• Like 2

(Sorry I haven't been posting often, I've been busy)

Deputy - Sootberry  - Black she-cat with red spots, golden eyes, and a scar over her chest

Warriors - 

Kits -

Nightkit - A beige she-cat with a black pattern and green eyes

Webpaw found her father sitting by Nightclaw's grave, tears dripping down his muzzle. She sat down next to him. He didn't look up.

"Dad?" Webpaw whispered.

"I miss her so much" Duskstar said without looking up. A tear splashed onto the ground, making the dry dirt slightly wet.

"I miss her to." Webpaw said. "But she's with Starclan now. She's watching over us. She wouldn't want you to mourn her like this. She'd want you to live your life and take care of Nightkit."

Duskstar sighed and stood up. "You're right Webpaw. Thanks"

"I'm always here for you." She responded, smiling.

1852533003_Screenshot(112).png.4b3a486a659ad4d2a86c34b21a3b2951.png

"All cats old enough to hunt gather underneath this rock" Duskstar yowled.

Sootberry, Scarletfire, Foxglow, and Ripplesky emerged from the warrior den. Foxglow and Ripplesky sat down next to each other, their tails twined. Soon the whole clan gathered.

"Nightkit, come forward" Duskstar purred, looking affectionately at his daughter. Nightkit bounded up to him, full of energy.

"Nightkit, do you wish to become a warrior apprentice?"

"Yes!" Nightkit said, shaking in barely contained excitement.

"Then from now until you become a warrior, you're name will be Nightpaw. You're mentor will be..." Duskstar hesitated. "Foxglow." Foxglow looked at him in surprise before purring happily and touching noses with her new apprentice.

"You're going to do great" She whispered. Nightpaw nodded.

The rest of the clan started chanting "Nightpaw! Foxglow! Nightpaw! Foxglow!"

1385183649_Screenshot(113).png.f9adc3bd1268a9566a765d7fd8d75ab1.png

"Would you like to see the territory?" Foxglow asked Nightpaw. 

"Yes please!" Nightpaw exclaimed.

"Would you like to come with us Ripplesky?" Foxglow asked, tilting her head at her mate.

"Of course Foxglow!" Ripplesky said, nuzzling Foxglow. Nightpaw started to mime silently gagging at Webpaw and Webpaw broke into helpless giggles.

"Let's go then!" Foxglow said, having missed her apprentice's slightly rude behavior. Ripplesky and Nightpaw followed her as she led them outside the camp.

• Like 1
  • Eek! 1

Deputy - Sootberry  - Black she-cat with red spots, golden eyes, and a scar over her chest

Warriors - 

Foxglow (mentoring Nightpaw) - Black tabby she-cat with green eyes

Apprentices -

Nightpaw - A beige she-cat with a black pattern and green eyes

"Murkfang!" Sootberry called. The nervous tom turned towards her, saw who it was, and looked at the ground. "Do you want to come hunting with me?" Sootberry asked, trying to be friendly.

"Uh... Uh no thanks." Murkfang mumbled. "I... I have... ummm... I have to go help Webpaw in the medicine cat den."

Sootberry looked hurt. "Webpaw is almost a full medicine cat. Surely she doesn't need help. No one is even injured right now!"

"Uhhhh... I have to go!" Murkfang blurted out before racing away and entering the medicine cat den.

Sootberry blinked. Is he still mad at me about that mate thing? I just want to be friends. 

Murkfang was absentmindedly walking around the territory. "Why can't Sootberry just leave me alone..." he muttered to himself. Suddenly, he heard a sloshing sound. He immediately dropped into a crouch, breathing heavily. He crept forward through the ferns near the river and hid under a bush. A pale pink she-cat, around the age of an apprentice, was trying to fish in the river, but the slippery minnow's kept slipping out of her claws.

"I should be able to do this!" she muttered angrily. "Why does my name have to be a lie?"

"What's you're name?" Murkfang blurted out, before covering his mouth with a paw.

The she-cat leaped back. "Who are you?" she hissed, hackles riseing.

Murkfang emerged from underneath his bush. "I- I'm a warrior in a clan." he stuttered. "P-please don't hurt me."

The she-cat started to laugh. "Me? Hurt you? A barely trained teen against a warrior from a clan? Like I could!"

"O - Oh." Murkfang said, feeling embarrassed. "Well anyway... What is you're name?"

"It's Fisher." Fisher said. "Like I said before, my name is a lie. I'm not a fisher and will never be one." She glared at the minnow's swimming in the river.

"If you wanted you could join my clan." Murkfang offered. "You could change your name to something else."

"Sure" Fisher said "Sounds cool."

440661569_Screenshot(114).png.9a550fe2ff459f128d9783bd0f59f65e.png

"Ripplesky?" Foxglow said, right after the clan meeting where Fisher had been renamed to Spotpaw and apprenticed to Murkfang. "I need to tell you something" She seemed half excited, half nervous. 

Ripplesky let his mate whisk him into the bushes. "What is it Foxglow?"

"Ripplesky I'm..." Foxglow took a deep breath. "I'm expecting a kit."

Ripplesky was delighted. "That's amazing Foxglow!" 

Foxglow fidgeted. "I know I'm just... nervous." 

"It'll be okay." Ripplesky reassured her. "I'll be there and we'll have an amazing daughter or son."

Foxglow brightened. "That's true." she purred.

520682564_Screenshot(115).png.a8903cacd0f79747226d111193860707.png

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Warriors - 

Murkfang (mentoring Spotpaw) - Chestnut brown tabby tom with yellow eyes and the water body

Foxglow - Black tabby she-cat with green eyes (currently queen)

Ripplesky (mentoring Nightpaw) - A light brown calico tom with strange violet eyes, Mate to Foxglow

Apprentices -

Spotpaw - A pinkish spotted she-cat with green eyes.

"He looks just like you!" Ripplesky exclaimed as soon as he saw his kit.

"No he doesn't." Foxglow purred. "He only got my stripes and my eyes."

"What should we call him?" Ripplesky asked, looking fondly at his son and mate.

"How about... Wolfkit?" Foxglow suggested after a moments thought.

"That's the perfect name for him" Ripplesky said, curling up with his mate and new kit.

500248645_Screenshot(116).png.0265e05c456fed911fcbfbda8fa95071.png

Webpaw was exhausted. She had just helped Foxglow deliver her first kit, and though the birth was successful it was still tiring and stressful. She drifted of to sleep, knowing that she most likely had a long night of training with Mallowfur ahead.

Instead, when she opened her eyes, she found a black she-cat standing over her. 

"Mother!" Webpaw cried, leaping up nuzzle Nightclaw.

"Hello Webpaw." Nightclaw purred. "I've been watching over you."

Webpaw smiled. "Have I been doing okay?" She whispered. She felt like a kit again.

"You've been doing amazing." Nightclaw reassured. "In fact... Me and Mallowfur think it's time for you to get your full name."

"Really!?" Webpaw cried, half shocked, half excited.

"Yes, really" Nightclaw responded. She cleared her throat. "Webpaw, you have stayed true to the Medicine Cat code. You have done your best to help you clanmates. From now on, you will be known as Webfoot. We honor you." 

1768561668_Screenshot(118).png.a932b6bb7d0ffbbd1b3c10f4652b54ab.png

Sootberry was hunting alone. With Foxglow in the nursery and Murkfang avoiding her like she was a plague, what else could she do? She stalked through the brambles, eyes on a mole, when suddenly it squeaked and dove into it's burrow. Sootberry heard a growl behind her. She turned around, very slowly, and found a bearyena hanging over her, jaws wide open to deliver a killing blow. Sootberry yelped in fear and slashed it's muzzle. It howled in pain, as blood dripped slowly onto the ground. Sootberry took the moment to look around. She was cornered.

930959271_Screenshot(119).png.3dd95d62c6ae43914004bfed3210be0e.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Medicine Cat - Webfoot - A chocolate brown she-cat with green eyes

Warriors - 

Murkfang (mentoring Spotpaw) - Chestnut brown tabby tom with yellow eyes and the water body

Ripplesky (mentoring Nightpaw) - A light brown calico tom with strange violet eyes, Mate to Foxglow

Apprentices -

Kits

Wolfkit - A gray tabby tom with green eyes

Sootberry slashed at the bearyena again, opening another wound along it's neck. It howled in fury and threw itself at Sootberry, it's claws digging into her back. She gritted her teeth in pain and stabbed her claws into the new wound in it's neck. It fell, jerked once before falling still. Sootberry gasped in relief and began the long trek back home.

Back at camp, Duskstar found himself falling for Scarletfire. As they foraged for food side by side, they had chatted for hours at a time. Duskstar felt like he knew Scarletfire better then he knew anyone else, and Scarletfire knew him better than anyone else. So when everyone else was asleep, Duskstar jolted Scarletfire awake.

"What is it?" She mumbled sleepily, twisting over in her nest to look at him.

"Will you follow me outside camp?" Duskstar asked, his heartbeat speeding up. I'm doing the right thing he reassured himself. Nightclaw would want me to be happy.

Scarletfire got up. "Of course Duskstar" She murmured.

Duskstar led her to the place where they had been foraging that morning and turned around to face her. Scarletfire's pelt glowed in the moonlight.

"Scarletfire I-... I need to tell you something." Duskstar said, wanting to put of his confession. He felt guilty. This is what Nightclaw would want. He told himself. No it's not. His brain argued back. Nightclaw would want you to be happy without you betraying her.

"Yes, Duskstar?" Scarletfire purred, amused as she had never seen Duskstar tongue tied.

Duskstar took a deep breath. I have to do this. He thought firmly. "Nigh- I mean- Scarletfire... I love you. Would you please be my mate?"

Scarletfire looked very surprised. "Yes! I will be your mate Duskstar!" She purred happily.

Duskstar smiled. I did it! He thought. I did it! So why do I feel so guilty?.

677963783_Screenshot(121).png.a7ed5df56ff3c20ba8fa3e8194609c16.png

Murkfang, Ripplesky, and the apprentices were just coming back from a very successful hunting trip. Murkfang was smiling. He couldn't stop thinking about the perfect hunting posture Spotpaw had showed him, or the two rabbits and one mole she was bringing back to camp. So when the bearyena lunged out of the grasses, he was jolted out of his reveries making him a little disoriented. Ripplesky leaped into action.

"Bearyena!" He yowled before throwing himself at the vicious beast and raking his claws along it's underbelly. It howled in pain and set it's focus on him. It raised it's claws, ready to plunge them into Ripplesky's neck. It was distracted, by a blur of brown that leaped onto it's back and sunk it's claws into it's spine. The bearyena whisked around and growled angrily at Duskstar. Murkfang took that moment to escape into the grasses. He had to get Spotpaw and Nightpaw to safety! He was definitely not escaping because he was scared of the bearyena!

747115482_Screenshot(122).png.0cbf43e5e8d4efbe2f11ad80a979d403.png

The bearyena lunged at Duskstar and ripped at his neck with it's sharp teeth. Duskstar fell on the ground. He didn't move. Ripplesky watched in horror as the gaping wound on his neck tried to mend three times before stopping. The leader was dead.

1549518460_Screenshot(123).png.f09349b6cbff6de2322f23a648b25e29.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Leader - Sootstar - Black she-cat with red spots, golden eyes, and a scar over her chest. 9 lives left.

Deputy -

Medicine Cat - Webfoot - A chocolate brown she-cat with green eyes

Warriors - 

Ripplesky (mentoring Nightpaw) - A light brown calico tom with strange violet eyes, Mate to Foxglow

Apprentices -

Kits

Wolfkit - A gray tabby tom with green eyes

Sootberry woke up in a quiet grassy clearing. A black she-cat with Sootberry's golden eyes was watching her. 

'Mother!" Sootberry gasped. She shot to her feet and nuzzled her mother.

The black she-cat purred. "Hello, Sootberry. I am here to give you one of your nine lives."

Sootberry shuddered. "O-ok' she said, sitting down in the cool grass. "I'm ready"

"Sootberry, I give you your first life, one of love. May you love your clanmates and clan as if they were your own children." 

Sootberry felt a rush of warmth and love. Love strong enough to make her give up her life to protect her clan.

Her mother stepped back into the ferns and another starry cat took her place.

"Quietstorm?" Sootberry whispered.

The red spotted she-cat smiled. "Hello, sister. I give you your second life, one of hope. May you always have hope, even in the face of the strongest enemy's."

Sootberry heard the sounds of battling cats in the background. Of cats sobbing over stillborn kits. But she never lost faith that things would get better.

Quietstorm joined her mother. Duskstar took her place.

"Hello, Sootberry." He purred. "I give you your third life, one of courage. May you always have the courage to do the right thing, even if it means giving up everything."

The rest of the ceremony passed in a blur. Finally the cats cheered. 

"Sootstar! Sootstar!" the cheer went on, until the dream faded and Sootstar returned to the Forestclan camp.

811784490_Screenshot(124).png.12a6b359a3d0736aa6bb240f17f46af3.png

"All cats old enough to hunt gather underneath this rock" Sootstar yowled.

Foxglow emerged from the nursery, wrestling with an excited Wolfkit. Scarletfire came out right after her, her belly huge. She was almost ready to give birth to Duskstar's final kit. Ripplesky limped out of the medicine cat den and went to sit next to his family. He had been badly injured in his fight with the bearyena, but Webfoot believed he could escape with a only a scar, instead of a permanent limp. Spotpaw bounded out of the apprentice den. Soon, the whole clan had gathered.

"First of all, I'd like to make Wolfkit an apprentice." Sootstar told the clan. She turned to the gray tabby tom. "Wolfkit. Do you wish to become a warrior apprentice?" 

"I do" Wolfkit said, eyes shining.

"Then I rename you Wolfpaw until you earn your warrior name. Your mentor will be Foxglow." Foxglow and Wolfpaw beamed as they touched noses.

"Spotpaw." Sootberry said. "Will you uphold the warrior code with your life?"

"I will" Spotpaw said.

"Will you protect your clanmates with your life?"

"I will"

"Then from now on, you will be known as Spotflame. Starclan honors your fiery personality and humor."

"Spotflame! Wolfpaw! Spotflame! Wolfpaw!" the clan cheered.

"Ripplesky, I would like to appoint you as my deputy." Sootstar said "Do you accept?"

"Yes!" Ripplesky exclaimed.

The clan started to cheer again. "Ripplesky! Ripplesky!"

Sootstar took a deep breath. "I think it's time to move." She said. "This island is infested with bearyena's and I don't want to lose anymore cats to their claws and teeth." 

The clan was silent. Finally, Scarletfire spoke up.

"What about my kit? I'm about to give birth! I can't go on a big journey!"

"We'll leave as soon as your kit becomes an apprentice." Sootstar reassured the worried mother. "But then... We leave for the east right away."

The cats murmured.  After a while, they nodded. In around six moons, the Forestclan would travel to the east.

722774128_Screenshot(125).png.a901ad457df784b8876de9ec1a6d8d8f.png

"He looks just like Duskstar" Scarletfire whispered, looking down at the chocolate brown kit who was sleeping next to her. Tears welled in her eyes.

"He really does." Webfoot whispered, her eyes also tearing up as she remembered her father.

"I'll call him... Evekit." Scarletfire said.

"That's a perfect name." Webfoot smiled through her tears.

139263991_Screenshot(126).png.5a56a0c79003bb701f0504b479fe2b32.png

• Like 2

Leader - Sootstar - Black she-cat with red spots, golden eyes, and a scar over her chest. 9 lives left.

Deputy - Ripplesky (mentoring Nightpaw) - Light brown calico tom with strange violet eyes, Mate to Foxglow

Medicine Cat - Webfoot - Chocolate brown she-cat with green eyes

Warriors - 

Foxglow (mentoring Wolfpaw) - Black tabby she-cat with green eyes

Scarletfire - Red she-cat with blue eyes (currently queen)

Spotflame - Pinkish spotted she-cat with green eyes.

Apprentices -

Nightpaw - Beige she-cat with a black pattern and green eyes

Wolfpaw - Gray tabby tom with green eyes

Kits

Evekit - Chocolate brown tabby tom with blue eyes

"Spotflame? Can I talk to you?" Murkfang asked the sunbathing she-cat.

"Sure" Spotflame yawned before getting to her feet and drowsily following Murkfang.

"Spotflame I... I..." Murkfang trailed off, looking at his feet.

"Spit it out Murkfang." Spotflame joked. "You're just as nervous as the day I met you."

Murkfang forced his head up so he could look her in the eyes. "Spotflame. I l-love you. W-Will you be my m-mate?" 

Spotflame looked astonished. "I-I... Yes I will be your mate Murkfang!"

Murkfang purred happily and nuzzled his new mate. "Thank you Spotflame."

1036664218_Screenshot(127).png.a924afeee0540f2cfcfe2e6a3a60cfd0.png

Evekit had been renamed to Evepaw. He was apprenticed to Sootstar herself. It was time to head east.

Spotflame approached Murkfang nervously. 

"Murkfang?"

The tom looked over, his eyes slightly glazed. He let out a small cough. "Yes Spotflame?" His voice had gone slightly gravely. 

Murkfang had caught greencough recently. Spotflame wasn't supposed to be going near him, but this news was important.

"Murkfang I'm expecting a kit"

Murkfang jolted up in his nest before sinking down again, coughing. "T-that's great, Spotflame."

Spotflame smiled.

951835268_Screenshot(128).png.a66a85da214234b4943544152e5de231.png

The next day the clan started to travel. The day after that, Murkfang passed away. The clan buried him, but they needed to keep going east.

Foxglow announced to the clan that she was expecting a kit.

"But I'll probably give birth on the next island." She reassured Sootstar and Ripplesky. "And I'll still be able to train Wolfpaw."

Nightpaw became Nightmask. The clan had no time for long celebrations. They just kept traveling. 

Finally, after a little more than two moons, they arrived.

Unfortunately, on the journey Sootstar refused to eat if their wasn't enough food for everyone. She lost her lives to starvation. (I'M SORRY!!! I wasn't paying attention to the food and she starved!)

Ripplesky received his nine lives in a dream. He was now Ripplestar.

His deputy is Foxglow and he transferred Evepaw's  mentorship to Nightmask.

Forestclan glanced back at their old home as they leaped onto the crumbling steppingstones.

1258636185_Screenshot(129).png.f847be91a9b5d29d9997de52f819614e.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Leader - Ripplesky - Light brown calico tom with strange violet eyes, Mate to Foxglow. 9 Lives left.

Deputy - Foxglow (mentoring Wolfpaw) - Black tabby she-cat with green eyes, Mother to Wolfpaw (currently queen)

Warriors - 

Scarletfire - Red she-cat with blue eyes, Mother to Evepaw

Spotflame - Pinkish spotted she-cat with green eyes. (currently queen)

Nightmask (mentoring Evepaw) - Beige she-cat with a black pattern and green eyes

Apprentices -

Evepaw - Chocolate brown tabby tom with blue eyes

450328176_Screenshot(130).png.30a1e258c46d0f81c562f3a3bd6af604.png

The clan stared out at the new island. A cold breeze rippled through their fur, making them shiver.

"W-Why is it so c-cold here?" Wolfpaw asked his mother, his teeth chattering.

"I don't know Wolfpaw." Foxglow replied. Her thick fur was protecting her from the chilly breeze.

"We should go on a scouting patrol." Nightmask said. "I'll take Evepaw and we can see if we can find any resources. Everyone else should probably clear out the grasses for a makeshift camp." She looked to Ripplestar for approval.

"That's a great idea, Nightmask." Ripplestar said. "Try to find somewhere for us to set up a permanent camp, ok?"

Nightmask nodded and she and Evepaw bounded into the ferns, quickly disappearing from sight.

"C-can I go with them?" Wolfpaw asked his father.

"Sure Wolfpaw." Ripplestar said with a smile.

The gray tom chased after the patrol, diving into the underbrush.

"What should I call her?" Spotflame wondered aloud, glancing down at the small pink kit curled up in the nest beside her.

Webfoot smiled tiredly. "I don't know Spotflame"

"Maybe Dawnkit?" Spotflame asked.

"That's a really good name." Webfoot reassured the nervous mother.

475733843_Screenshot(131).png.9a7a34a8a3a2a072e47fc842149c7b63.png

The patrol came back later that day, saying they had found a good camp not far from here.

Spotflame picked up Dawnkit by the scruff. The small cat squeaked indignantly and glared at her mother. Spotflame smiled.

Soon the clan was set up in their new home.

2123317322_Screenshot(132).png.4468f0abb3b5cf5b6b2f185c856dc919.png

"He looks like you Ripplestar!" Foxglow teased around 3 moons later. "Maybe we should call him Ripplekit"

"No. Way." Ripplestar said. "We are not naming a kit after me. Especially a kit that looks more like you than me!"

"We could call him Artickit" Wolfpaw suggested. "After his fangs. Their as white as snow!"

"That's the perfect name Wolfpaw"  Ripplestar purred. "Much better than Ripplekit" He shot a fake glare at Foxglow.

She laughed and whispered "Welcome to the world Artickit."

1319512443_Screenshot(133).png.24b9fae05668056c03eddc6d6c91fdf0.png

That night Foxglow awoke with drool dripping onto her neck. She looked up and saw a bearyena looming over her and Artickit.

"Bearyena in the nursery!" She yowled before throwing herself on top of it and giving it a deep wound in it's neck.

Spotflame jolted awake. Her pupil's contracted in fear and she ran towards the bearyena before ducking under it's claws and slashing it's left back leg. It howled in pain blood dribbling from it's leg and neck onto the grassy floor.

Wolfpaw and Ripplestar heard the bearyena's howls and raced into the nursery. They found the injured bearyena and the two she-cats, so far not hurt, slashing at it's snout and back. Wolfpaw growled angrily. No one would hurt his family! He crept up on the bearyena and leaped onto it's back, slashing at it's neck again, making the wound already their bleed more fiercely.

After a few more minutes of battle, the bearyena collapsed due to it's injury's and Ripplestar finished it of. No one was injured.

Screenshot (134).png

• Like 1
  • Eek! 1

12 hours ago, Chiyanna said:

NOOOO SOOTSTAR :(

Don't feel too bad tho, it happens. Kinda hard to remember to keep an eye on your nicheling's lifespan.

That killing of the bearyena was epic and a good harbinger for the clan after all they've been through

I didn't realize we were low on food until I had already pressed the spacebar! It was pretty bad luck that Sootstar was one of the nichelings who starved, because she was the only one who would have died from it.

Hopefully Ripplestar will survive longer!

• Paw up 1

19 minutes ago, Peanutpup77 said:

I didn't realize we were low on food until I had already pressed the spacebar! It was pretty bad luck that Sootstar was one of the nichelings who starved, because she was the only one who would have died from it.

Hopefully Ripplestar will survive longer!

(I always set to alphas those that starvation damage would kill (as long as they're important, anyway).

That way if this ever does happen it's no big deal, just purr or healing plant whoever took damage as soon as I can.

And those that can take a few hits are set to omega too, just in case. 

But then, you probably knew that.

• Thanks 1

Leader - Ripplesky - Light brown calico tom with strange violet eyes, Mate to Foxglow. 9 Lives left.

Deputy - Foxglow (mentoring Wolfpaw) - Black tabby she-cat with green eyes, Mother to Wolfpaw and Artickit (currently queen)

Warriors - 

Spotflame - Pinkish spotted she-cat with green eyes, Mother to Dawnkit (currently queen)

Nightmask (mentoring Evepaw) - Beige she-cat with a black pattern and green eyes

Apprentices -

Kits - 

Dawnkit - Pink she-cat with golden eyes

Artickit - Black tom with red spots and violet eyes

"Let all cats old enough to hunt gather beneath this stump!" Ripplestar yowled.

Artickit tottered out of the nursery, Foxglow following closely behind him. He had just learned to walk the day before. Dawnkit bolted out as well, Spotflame close behind her. She looked newly groomed.

Soon everyone gathered, except Nightmask, who was out hunting.

"Scarletfire." Ripplestar said "I have heard that you would like to retire to the elder's den."

"Yes, I would." Scarletfire said.

The clan was surprised. They had never had an elder before! But soon, Evepaw started to chant. "Scarletfire! Scarletfire!" The rest of the clan followed his lead.

Ripplestar turned to Dawnkit "Dawnkit, you are ready to become an apprentice. Do you wish to follow the path of a warrior?" 

"I do" Dawnkit replied.

"Then, until you are made a full warrior, you will be known as Dawnpaw." Ripplestar said. "You will be mentored by me."

The clan started to cheer as Dawnpaw touched noses with Ripplestar. "Dawnpaw! Dawnpaw!"

1849213332_Screenshot(135).png.bc8250fdd8a5f76c97e2e3cd853492c3.png

Nightmask was out hunting. Alone. She hunted best alone, or with Wolfpaw, but he was to busy to hunt with her anymore. Maybe once he was a warrior.

Nightmask was stalking a bunny from behind a rock, when she heard a strange growl. Her muscles immediately tensed and her hackles rose. Was their a bearyena nearby? Slowly, she looked behind a rock. Their she saw and enormous creature. It was gray and white with black spots. It had huge paws and a long bushy tail. But the weirdest thing about it was that it was standing on two legs. Nightmask immediately knew that this was a creature to hide from. She ran back to camp, slower than usual so she wouldn't make any noise that could lure the creature towards them.

1000391280_Screenshot(136).png.c8f638d3817a40516423627a90861a96.png

Ripplestar returned to camp from an exhilarating training session with Dawnpaw to find Nightmask anxiously passing outside his den.

"What's wrong Nightmask?" Ripplestar asked as he approached her.

He listened with wide eyes as she described the terrible beast she had seen outside camp.

"We have to move camps" Nightmask said. "We have to get away from this creature!" 

Ripplestar thought about it. "I think your right Nightmask" He said after a while. "I'll alert the clan. Thank you for telling me this"

769286274_Screenshot(137).png.50f781ade2f242be4e87a2707c9be094.png

Soon Forestclan was on the move. Nightmask had suggested that they cross the river, as she had smelled plenty of prey over there. The clan agreed, so that day, they started the journey. Foxglow was carrying Artickit, much to his disappointment. 

By the next morning, the whole clan had either made it to the banks of the river or crossed it. The air was more chilly than usual. The cats had gotten used to the normal cold on this island, but that day, it was worse. Still, they crossed the river to get away from what they had decided to call the two-legged bear.

Nightmask had been right. The land across the river was overrun with prey, so Forestclan feasted the following day.

"Let all cats old enough to hunt gather beneath this rock!" Ripplestar yowled for the second time in the past few moons.

All the cats gathered quickly.

Ripplestar turned to Wolfpaw. "Wolfpaw, me and your mentor believe you are ready to become a warrior." Wolfpaw's eyes shined.

"Wolfpaw, do you promise to uphold the warrior code?"

"I do"

"Will you protect your clanmates with your life?"

"I will"

"Then from now on, you will be known as Wolfstorm. Starclan honors your kindness and your love for your clan."

"Wolfstorm! Wolfstorm!" The clan chanted.

Wolfstorm bounded over to his mother. She nuzzled him. "I'm so proud of you." She whispered.

Next, Ripplestar spoke with Artickit. "Artickit, you are ready to become an apprentice. Do you wish to follow the path of a warrior?"

"I do" Artickit said, his eyes wide.

"Then, until you are made a full warrior, you will be known as Articpaw. Your mentor will be Spotflame."

Articpaw touched noses with his new mentor.

"Articpaw! Articpaw!" the clan cheered.

334453392_Screenshot(138).png.bf4230eeb9b726cae9215d46d3db4990.png

• Like 1
  • Love 1

(Sorry for the really short update)

Leader - Ripplesky (mentoring Dawnpaw) - Light brown calico tom with strange violet eyes, Mate to Foxglow. 9 Lives left.

Deputy - Foxglow - Black tabby she-cat with green eyes, Mother to Wolfpaw and Articpaw

Warriors - 

Spotflame (mentoring Articpaw)- Pinkish spotted she-cat with green eyes, Mother to Dawnpaw

Wolfstorm - Gray tabby tom with green eyes

Apprentices -

Dawnpaw - Pink she-cat with golden eyes

Articpaw - Black tom with red spots and violet eyes

Wolfstorm and Nightmask were out hunting together. Evepaw was training with Dawnpaw and Articpaw that day, so they were alone. Wolfstorm was stalking two rabbits. He pounced suddenly and barely scrapped one of them with his claw. He growled and gave chase. Nightmask started to stalk the other one, but she quickly lost it, so she helped Wolfstorm trap the one he was chasing. They chased it for a long time. Finally, the two cats caught up to it and Wolfstorm ended it's life with a quick nip on the neck. 

He and Nightmask were smiling with success when a cold thing landed on Wolfstorm's nose. He yelped in surprise and jumped backwards. More of the things were falling from the sky! They fell on the rocky ground and quickly melted, but soon they began to stick. Nightmask sniffed the ground and cautiously licked the white flakes. Her eyes widened as it melted to water in her mouth.

"I think this is frozen water Wolfstorm! What do you think it's called?"

Wolfstorm thought about it for a while. "I remember my dad telling me something about cold white flakes that fell from the sky when I was a kit. I think he called it... Shoe? No... Snow! That's what this is called! Snow!"

"Huh." Nightmask said thoughtfully. "That sounds nice... Snow. Don't now why you would think it's called 'shoe' though, what ever that is."

The two laughed as the sky turned from the medium gray that was afternoon to the dusky dark gray that was evening. Eventually they curled up on the cold ground and fell asleep right next to each other.

2102608566_Screenshot(140).png.868f9cb12ad3604b25f8288963490cf4.png

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Leader - Ripplesky (mentoring Dawnpaw) - Light brown calico tom with strange violet eyes, Mate to Foxglow. 9 Lives left.

Deputy - Foxglow - Black tabby she-cat with green eyes, Mother to Wolfpaw and Articpaw

Warriors - 

Spotflame (mentoring Articpaw)- Pinkish spotted she-cat with green eyes, Mother to Dawnpaw

Apprentices -

"Nightmask?" Ripplestar asked, approaching the young she-cat. She and Wolfstorm were grooming each other. Most cats in the clan were expecting them to announce that they were becoming mates any day now. Nightmask raised her head.

"Nightmask I need to talk to you about Evepaw." Ripplestar said.

"Ok" Nightmask responded. "I'll come back soon." she added to Wolfstorm before following Ripplestar to his den.

"Do you think Evepaw is ready to become a warrior?" Ripplestar asked. "He's the right age to get his name."

Nightmask stared at the ground thoughtfully, her tail twitching every so often. Finally she responded. "I don't think he's ready yet, Ripplestar. He doesn't have much loyalty for his clan and is more interested in self preservation than anything else. Also..." she winced. "I don't like saying this but he's lazy. Would rather lay around camp all day eating rabbits that his clanmates caught and listening to his mother's tales then be out hunting and fighting."

"He's going to be very disappointed." Ripplestar said.

"I know." Nightmask whispered. "But... he's just not ready yet."

1821872895_Screenshot(141).png.04c7a5bb91e43db388110887757c9eb4.png

The next day Evepaw strutted out of the apprentice's den, expecting to watch Ripplestar jump onto the rock and announce he was a warrior. What would his name be? Evestone would be cool... or Eveclaw... or Evefeather. Evepaw just hoped it wasn't something mundane like 'Evefur' or 'Eveear'. His warrior name would be something to reflect his greatness! He was sure of it. 

Evepaw waited there as the sun rose higher into the sky. His confidence faltered. Finally, someone stirred from the warrior's den and Nightmask emerged, yawning.

"Come on Evepaw." She said. "Were doing border patrol today. If were lucky we might catch a rabbit." 

Evepaw looked to her in confusion. "But... What about my warrior ceremony?"

"Not happening today." Nightmask looked down at her paws guiltily.

"But it's happening tomorrow right? Or the day after that?" Evepaw said, getting a little desperate.

"I'm sorry Evepaw. You're going to have to wait another few moons before your warrior ceremony. I'm so so sorry" Nightmask looked close to tears now.

"You!" Evepaw shouted. His stomach was a boiling pit of anger and hatred. "You! You stopped Ripplestar from letting me be a warrior! It's all your fault!" 

A tear slipped down Nightmask's snout, dropping into her fur. "It's my fault" she said, so quiet Evepaw could barely hear her.

"I hate you! I HATE YOU!" Evepaw screamed. More cats were coming out of their nests to investigate the noise. Wolfstorm's head emerged from the warrior's den. He looked at Nightmask worriedly.

Evepaw started to run. He raced out of the camp and didn't stop until he was far away. He sighed in relief before looking around for other cats. There were none. He was alone. Alone to well in his hatred and anger and grief.

In mother's story's Evepaw thought, she always said how the hero feels after saving their clan from the bad guy. She never said how good it feels to yell at someone you hate. How good it feels to be alone with anger. That's because that's how bad guys feel. How villains feel. He smiled at the sky, his teeth glinting cruelly. So I suppose... In this story, I'm the villain. I'm the villain and I'm proud of it. I will make this world one of my design. May my enemies fall. Nightmask, your first.

419313280_Screenshot(142).png.af273eecb852f2d0f570d93e5f75eab3.png

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, Peanutpup77 said:

Warriors - 

Apprentices -

"Nightmask?" Ripplestar asked, approaching the young she-cat. She and Wolfstorm were grooming each other. Most cats in the clan were expecting them to announce that they were becoming mates any day now. Nightmask raised her head.

"Nightmask I need to talk to you about Evepaw." Ripplestar said.

"Ok" Nightmask responded. "I'll come back soon." she added to Wolfstorm before following Ripplestar to his den.

"Do you think Evepaw is ready to become a warrior?" Ripplestar asked. "He's the right age to get his name."

Nightmask stared at the ground thoughtfully, her tail twitching every so often. Finally she responded. "I don't think he's ready yet, Ripplestar. He doesn't have much loyalty for his clan and is more interested in self preservation than anything else. Also..." she winced. "I don't like saying this but he's lazy. Would rather lay around camp all day eating rabbits that his clanmates caught and listening to his mother's tales then be out hunting and fighting."

"He's going to be very disappointed." Ripplestar said.

"I know." Nightmask whispered. "But... he's just not ready yet."

1821872895_Screenshot(141).png.04c7a5bb91e43db388110887757c9eb4.png

The next day Evepaw strutted out of the apprentice's den, expecting to watch Ripplestar jump onto the rock and announce he was a warrior. What would his name be? Evestone would be cool... or Eveclaw... or Evefeather. Evepaw just hoped it wasn't something mundane like 'Evefur' or 'Eveear'. His warrior name would be something to reflect his greatness! He was sure of it. 

Evepaw waited there as the sun rose higher into the sky. His confidence faltered. Finally, someone stirred from the warrior's den and Nightmask emerged, yawning.

"Come on Evepaw." She said. "Were doing border patrol today. If were lucky we might catch a rabbit." 

Evepaw looked to her in confusion. "But... What about my warrior ceremony?"

"Not happening today." Nightmask looked down at her paws guiltily.

"But it's happening tomorrow right? Or the day after that?" Evepaw said, getting a little desperate.

"I'm sorry Evepaw. You're going to have to wait another few moons before your warrior ceremony. I'm so so sorry" Nightmask looked close to tears now.

"You!" Evepaw shouted. His stomach was a boiling pit of anger and hatred. "You! You stopped Ripplestar from letting me be a warrior! It's all your fault!" 

A tear slipped down Nightmask's snout, dropping into her fur. "It's my fault" she said, so quiet Evepaw could barely hear her.

"I hate you! I HATE YOU!" Evepaw screamed. More cats were coming out of their nests to investigate the noise. Wolfstorm's head emerged from the warrior's den. He looked at Nightmask worriedly.

Evepaw started to run. He raced out of the camp and didn't stop until he was far away. He sighed in relief before looking around for other cats. There were none. He was alone. Alone to well in his hatred and anger and grief.

In mother's story's Evepaw thought, she always said how the hero feels after saving their clan from the bad guy. She never said how good it feels to yell at someone you hate. How good it feels to be alone with anger. That's because that's how bad guys feel. How villains feel. He smiled at the sky, his teeth glinting cruelly. So I suppose... In this story, I'm the villain. I'm the villain and I'm proud of it. I will make this world one of my design. May my enemies fall. Nightmask, your first.

419313280_Screenshot(142).png.af273eecb852f2d0f570d93e5f75eab3.png

Uh oh-

• Like 2

Forestclan -

Leader - Ripplesky (mentoring Dawnpaw) - Light brown calico tom with strange violet eyes, Mate to Foxglow. 8 Lives left.

Warriors - 

Nightmask - Beige she-cat with a black pattern and green eyes

Apprentices -

Rouges -

Not much had happened the past moon. Ripplestar had lost a life due to sickness but other than that, all had been peaceful and calm. A fact that greatly worried the clan, as Evepaw still had not returned. What was he planning?

Ripplestar was worrying about this when Foxglow approached him.

"Ripplestar? You okay?"

Ripplestar was jerked out of his worrying. "Y-yes I'm fine Foxglow. What about you?"

"I'm good to Ripplestar. I just wanted to tell you... I'm expecting a kit. I know this isn't the best ti-" 

Ripplestar interrupted her. "This is great Foxglow! I haven't been this happy in a really long time. I know were having a food shortage but we can keep the clan feed. I promise."

Foxglow smiled. "I trust you Ripplestar" She purred.

706053537_Screenshot(143).png.a9ae1af938210b9a0fd4622ee71b157a.png

Evepaw was not happy. He had spent the last few days running away from a two-leg bear. His fur was freezing off. He was starving. And the whole entire time this MOUSE BRAINED bear had been chasing him. It was almost enough to make him want to run back to Forestclan with his tail between his legs shouting "I'm sorry! I won't be evil anymore!". Almost. But not enough because that was never going to happen.

"He has your snout!" Foxglow purred to Ripplestar, delighted.

"He does. I suppose this one does look like me. Maybe we should name him Ripplekit. Seems more fitting this time."

"I nominate Snoutkit."

"We are not naming our last kit Snoutkit

"Why not?"

"Cause that's a stupid name!"

"Okay let's start actually brainstorming" Foxglow said happily. She nuzzled the black and red kit in the nest. He mewed softly

Ripplestar smiled "Maybe Quietkit?"

Foxglow thought for a while. "How about... Shadekit?"

Ripplestar's eyes widened. "Who knew you could come up with good names!"

Foxglow laughed and curled up around her kit. "Hello Shadekit." She said, "Did you know your father can actually tell a joke?"

Ripplestar laughed to and curled up with Foxglow. They fell asleep wound together, around their last kit.

1888302843_Screenshot(144).png.2dea689ca27292a8d41bd95a5ded0f01.png

• Like 1
  • Love 1