Place of the forgotten ones - The third era

Lilytuft

380313636_placeoftheforgotten.png.140ea6fa3fa28e66198e223ee1f3129f.png

There's a place I'd like to go somewhere out west
It's not specific, and the pictures show it best
I know there's trees, I know there's sand, I know there's grass
I know it's somewhere in the past

-MGMT, Love Always Remains

You find yourself in a dark place. The sky is covered by dark clouds and the only vegetation aside from the dry grass seems to be some thorns and bushes. There also appears to be a foggy swamp with some reeds behind that hill over there. You can't remember how you got here. In fact, you can't remember anything. You gaze down at your paws and notice that it's too dark to see them properly. As you lift your head, you notice the black silhouettes of two nichelings with glowing white eyes approaching you. You consider running away, but they seem to be the only ones who could provide an answer to your growing amount of questions.

-Another one? This soon?

-It was like this the last time, too. You returned at the very end of it.

-Do you think this will end the same way?

-Hey, you! Uh... we're sorry you're here.

-He's trying to tell you that you're dead and everyone forgot about you.

-Guiding! You can't just say that!

-But it's true.

-Yes but you can't- You have to say it nicely! Its a really though thing to hear!

-That's just the reality of how it is and we're all living through it. No need to soften the truth.

-Anyways, uh... You should come with us. We'll explain everything and get you introduced to a few people. You might even like it here!

Place of the forgotten ones is a roleplay where no one can remember anything about themselves or their past. Each nicheling is a silhouette and the only thing standing out is their glowing eyes. Getting lost could easily mean wandering aimlessly forever. The glow in a nicheling's eyes gets fainter the longer they go without having any sort of interaction with anyone as even the forgotten forget them.

Many will of course have the goal of remembering, as having your past be an empty void can be an overbearing burden. Nichelings may remember small bits, like what a warm summer morning smells like, or what it felt like to be next to their mate. However, fully recovering one's memory without knowlegde of their name is impossible. And names are lost to time...

Whenever a nicheling gets a small bit of memory, their eyes flash a color. This color is usually the eye color they had when alive or a color that is of significance to them. Their eyes will then stay a very light, almost white shade of that color. At first it's barely noticeable, but as they gain more memories the color gets brighter. If a nicheling goes a long time without gaining more memories, the color will slowly fade (as will the memories).

The third era is sort of a soft reset to the roleplay, with events of the previous thread remaining canon but having happened a while ago. This is due to a lot of the previous members having left the forums leaving their characters possibly getting lost. If you had a character in the old thread, you are free to migrate them here.

To join, submit a silhouette. Draw one of your nichelings in silhouette form or make a new character for this purpose. Don't reveal which character it is to other players. The idea is that no one remembers anyone. Don't use names, but your nicheling may gain a desription after interacting with others. This description can then be used in the place of a name when referring to the said nicheling.

This rp is always open for new playerskuva.png.cb031d30086117e4301f8359ae73d190.png

Characters:

"Guiding" (Formerly "The guiding spirit")

-Played by @Regular human with face

-An old female nicheling who's been here for a while. Spends most of her time in the swamp

-Used to be nicer

-Has given up

42761128_guidingspirit2.png.3a2806eb77630302b5e1429127efe4d7.png

"Fangs"

-Played by @Regular human with face

-Older than Guiding, but not aware for most of his time here. Somehow no longer lost

-Trying to make the most of it

-Caring but selfish

-Terrible sense of humor

(will get a better picture soon)

1634278876_canwerecoveryou.png.01b135082e21d9196de33062ffe5221f.png

Newly forgotten spirit

-played by @lizardcake

-this spirit doesn't want to talk.

-she seems to be always cold for some reason...

3q3gq3g.thumb.png.a6084b510071ad1f5ec16abfa0a30a1e.png

Newly forgotten spirit

-Played by @BirbMaster2

-This spirit is very paranoid and constantly rambles nonesense.

-He is obsessed with finding his memories.

0F162519-580A-4E0A-9D2A-A30015F1D355.thumb.jpeg.b8f526fd773e78d51670221f5565a670.jpeg

"Thief"

Played by @YourLocalStranger

-This spirit seems friendly? 

-Always upbeat. It's kind of unsettling. 

-He has a limp in his front left paw. He is convinced this limp was the reason he was forgotten.

- Has a very low sense of self worth, though he's good at not showing it. 

- Is convinced he was a very bad nicheling when he was alive, and the only reason he still wants to find out who he was is because he wants to know why he would do those bad things.

- Two of his memories involve a strange black and yellow nicheling with heat body. 

silhoutte.thumb.png.3a7ca474aa9a47af42cd4dee29c53930.png

"The Nervous Brother"

-Played by @Chiyanna

The silhouette of this nicheling shows a long nose and runner legs, with spikes on their back. They appear to be fully grown.

-They're generally adventurous.

-Is drawn to water, gets a specific scent when near it, and sometimes sees things around and in it.

-Eyes sometimes flash black, and sometimes flash blue.

-Remembers something about babies being stolen by bluebirds

-Remembers swimming tail being an important thing

image.png.552e179a997398a78f027f54d17b6b9e.png

"The burning silhouette"

Played by @Avilulu

The silhouette of this nicheling shows a short snout and runner legs,A very fluffy body,Big ears,and a fuzzy tail

they seem quite young only having two gems

for some reason the smell of ash and smoke follows them sometimes smog comes out of their mouth because they cough a lot sometimes they even wheeze when talking as if struggling to breathe 

they seem to have very overgrown fur in places like their ears and face making them look like they have a mane even though they are not male

They always feel very warm to the point where they sometimes complain about it

They seem to get scared easily jumping when there’s a sound or when something touches them

"Quacktail"

Played by @AndromedaTheGalaxyCat

The silhouette of this nicheling is slim, with 2 claws, round ears, antlers, a platypus beak, water body and a fin tail. 

-Upbeat most of the time 

-Adores water, especially the ocean 

-Very sensitive 

-Has low self-esteem 

-Loves to collect little trinkets 

-Despises bullying and discrimination.

-Appears to be a young adult 

-Absoloutely HATES bearyenas 

-Empathetic and sympathetic

-Favorite food: Clownkoi

Newly forgotten spirit

-Played by @Fox leaf

-Appears to be a child/new teen

-Playful when her brain goes haywire

-Brain goes haywire from time to time, making her go crazy

-Has a complicated past

-Often talks nonsense

-Gives random names to everyone

-Incredibly strong

-Has secret venomous fangs

-Knows a lot about past

-Likes shiny things and likes to collect things

-Has camouflage fur

-https://strayfawnstudio.com/community/index.php?/topic/14714-place-of-the-forgotten-ones-the-third-era/&do=findComment&comment=403718image.png.703864df6bde80186ea798ce8c4e4658.png

Newly forgotten spirit

Played by @CATFISHPARTY

spooky figure that enjoys observing others. the white lines in the image are just there so you can see her better.

image.thumb.png.a400df10ef2d91177910068249a567d8.png

"Sharp"

-Played by @Andromeda_

-The silhouette of this spirit is big-bodied, with 2 bearyena claws, saber tooth fangs, megaloceros horns, and a fluffy stinky tail. They are male.

-Aggressive, very wary of other nichelings 

-Remembers something about heat body being important 

-Very powerful, can easily destroy rocks and trees 

-Slow

-A bit of a softie deep down

-Sometimes gets lost in thought

Newly forgotten spirit

-Played by @Stagmole

-Basically just pretty confused all the time (he has forgotten what he looks like/he doesn't even remember that he's capable of speech etc.)

-Scared of pretty much everything/not very good at adapting to new situations

-His personality will start to unfold more as the story progresses

-He thinks that he is just having a strange dream and is constantly in denial. He's sure that something will change soon (and hopefully for the better). His goal is simply to survive the current situation - whatever it takes - and then get on with his life.

-He doesn't believe in life after death

jhyg.thumb.png.74136598ffb9b9294ef772d809cf5d73.png

Newly forgotten spirit

-Played by @Cloudscape -Any Pronouns-

- Almost always seen crying, distraught, and panic-stricken

- Can and will scream at you if she's scared, normally in hostility.

- Seems to hate the idea of mates.

- Sickly! She's constantly coughing, wheezing, sneezing, or sniffling.

- Seems unused to company.Niche_Misty.png

Newly forgotten spirit

-Played by @Ziync

- They have saber fangs, heat body and fishing tail(just saying this because it’s not very visible on the silhouette) 

- They seem to be rather young

- They have a strong sense of what they think is right and wrong

- They seem scared of the dark clouds concealing the sky

- They think they must have something bad in their life to have ended up here

041DA9DF-43EF-412D-BE3F-C0FDA5FF92DE.thumb.png.fe8790c7bfda49e1af222bd841e7f98a.png

Newly forgotten spirit

-Played by @Fox leaf

-Appears to be a new teen

-Rude

-This spirit has large claws on legs

-Claws on paws

-Wings

-Scorpion tail

-Has almost black eyes for some reason

-Has scales

-Has beak

-Has large scar that takes up the side of neck. It appears to be burning, although it looks more like claw marks...

-Has a great fear of heat body for some reason

-Quite friendly but comes off as rude unless befriended

image.png.241de66f02da4f976c059d5666422b01.png

Newly forgotten spirit

-Played by @Mythic

-A tiny spirit who seems like she is just a baby

-Very plain and simple

-Only noticeable feature is scorpion tail

-Has tiny indents beneath her shoulder that hurts from time to time

Scorpion.thumb.jpg.ba150f0c934e9eb8033ac2a805243d8d.jpg

Newly forgotten spirit

-Played by @Fox leaf

-Has frost and fear radiating from her

-acts rude but is a complete weakling

-appears to be adult and dangerous

-several scars that look like several battle marks

-eyes glow a weird aqua green bright colour when having a memory

-has something... About her... That has an eerie death-hanging-over-head glow from her

-only memory is looking down with warmth at a red-and-black nicheling

16754180038048799221573225449595.thumb.jpg.b79404757849dc6d05a1000453bbe253.jpg

Newly forgotten spirit

-Played by @Chiyanna

The silhouette of this nicheling is of average size, with two runner-legs, and a swimming tail. They have antennae on top of their head, and fangs protruding from their mouth. If you look really closely at their shadow, you'll see that there are splotches that are darker than others, which may have been patterning of some sort in life. 

-Blacks out often when not around other spirits.

-Doesn't talk much yet, and tends to keep distance from others.

-Eyes flashed blue upon having a memory.

-Remembers hearing Nervous Brother's voice in life, and so follows them around incessantly.

-Only memory so far involved calling out for help across an open expanse, but nobody being able to come as Nervous Brother coughed and told her it would be alright.

Newly forgotten spirit

-Played by @PeanutBrittle

-This spirit seems to have a long snout, a fishing tail, and a deformed and nimble paw

-Despite her large size, she is still a teen

-Not sure what to think of herself

-Very kind and caring

-Eyes flash violet

55B1299B-8746-43C1-A4A6-51C1A9C46B3E.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Love 1

(Starting out with a nicheling who's previously gotten lost is also an option now (just don't kidnap other people's unused characters without their permission lol). This means that not only does the nicheling have to regain their memories, they also need to rediscover avareness and their sense of self)

• Paw up 1

(I'm open to suggestions for a better, less confusing name. It's currently called the third era because the Guiding has the longest reaching memory out of the nichelings currently there and she can remember the two previous eras, those being the old rp and the time before it)

• Paw up 1

40 minutes ago, lizardcake said:

-this spirit doesn't want to talk.

-she seems to be always cold for some reason...

3q3gq3g.thumb.png.a6084b510071ad1f5ec16abfa0a30a1e.png

7 minutes ago, BirbMaster2 said:

-This spirit is very paranoid and constantly rambles nonesense.

-He is obsessed with finding his memories.

0F162519-580A-4E0A-9D2A-A30015F1D355.thumb.jpeg.b8f526fd773e78d51670221f5565a670.jpeg

(Added! I listed both of them as newly forgotten, but let me know if I got that wrong and I'll fix it)

• Like 1

-He has a limp in his front left paw. He is convinced this limp was the reason he was forgotten. 

16714798562373293930679307320019.thumb.jpg.7393580c3e9b0f71eb440c0cc6ad8e16.jpg

(I'm sorry if the image is kind of blurry) 

• Eek! 1

11 minutes ago, YourLocalStranger said:

16714798562373293930679307320019.thumb.jpg.7393580c3e9b0f71eb440c0cc6ad8e16.jpg

(I'm sorry if the image is kind of blurry) 

(Added!)

• Thanks 1

Fangs awoke from his foggy, dreamless slumber. He wondered for a moment, trying to find a reason for this. The swamp was dark as usual, with a thick mist hanging in the air being the only notable weather condition. It was quiet aside from the sound of the swarming bugs. Still, in a way he couldn't explain, there was a shift in the air. Something was different.

He got up, careful not to wake up Guiding. She'd just worry about him getting lost like she always did when he went out by himself. Her worry was pointless. He wouldn't wander off. Not again. Not after he'd already lost himself once.

Besides, he didn't have a reason to go anywhere. Everything beyond the hills was just the same dull landscape over and over again. Even if he were to run into someone, they'd be a lost cause and he'd be lost himself before ever having the chance to lead them back home. Guiding's company was all he needed. He only hoped she'd feel he was enough as well.

As he got up the hill the reason for the change of athmosphere became apparent. Off in the distance stood a shadowy figure with a glowing pair of eyes.

(wow my rp skills have really rusted since the last thread lol)

(I don't want this to start without me so I'm just gonna sublit like before. Maybe I'll do a silhouette if this thread doesn't die. Also anyone feel free to draw one for me and I will probablyy use it!)

The silhouette of this nicheling shows a short snout and runner legs, with spikes on their back. They appear to be fully grown.

-Is drawn to water, gets a specific scent when near it, and sometimes sees things around and in it.

(picture to be added)

• Like 1
  • Eek! 1

10 hours ago, Chiyanna said:

(I don't want this to start without me so I'm just gonna sublit like before. Maybe I'll do a silhouette if this thread doesn't die. Also anyone feel free to draw one for me and I will probablyy use it!)

The silhouette of this nicheling shows a short snout and runner legs, with spikes on their back. They appear to be fully grown.

(picture to be added)

(welcome back into the story :))

• Paw up 1

17 hours ago, Regular human with face said:

Fangs awoke from his foggy, dreamless slumber. He wondered for a moment, trying to find a reason for this. The swamp was dark as usual, with a thick mist hanging in the air being the only notable weather condition. It was quiet aside from the sound of the swarming bugs. Still, in a way he couldn't explain, there was a shift in the air. Something was different.

He got up, careful not to wake up Guiding. She'd just worry about him getting lost like she always did when he went out by himself. Her worry was pointless. He wouldn't wander off. Not again. Not after he'd already lost himself once.

Besides, he didn't have a reason to go anywhere. Everything beyond the hills was just the same dull landscape over and over again. Even if he were to run into someone, they'd be a lost cause and he'd be lost himself before ever having the chance to lead them back home. Guiding's company was all he needed. He only hoped she'd feel he was enough as well.

As he got up the hill the reason for the change of athmosphere became apparent. Off in the distance stood a shadowy figure with a glowing pair of eyes.

(Who is this to anyway? All or any of those who joined the rp?) 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Chiyanna said:

(picture to be added)

8 hours ago, Regular human with face said:

(welcome back into the story :))

(I just realized I made a mistake a while ago when I posted this, my nicheling had big nose not short snout )

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, Chiyanna said:

(I just realized I made a mistake a while ago when I posted this, my nicheling had big nose not short snout )

(Fixed!)

• Paw up 1

On 12/19/2022 at 4:11 PM, Regular human with face said:

The spirit opened their eyes, and slowly got up from their sprawled-out position on the ground. Their mind was almost as empty as the space they were in. They stood there,  bewildered, foggy. 

The spirit sporadically felt as if they were floating. They felt almost not even there...

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Chiyanna said:

The spirit opened their eyes, and slowly got up from their sprawled-out position on the ground. Their mind was almost as empty as the space they were in. They stood there,  bewildered, foggy. 

The spirit sporadically felt as if they were floating. They felt almost not even there...

(Btw I'm waiting for a response @Regular human with face

• Like 2

The silhouette of this nicheling shows a short snout and runner legs,A very fluffy body,Big ears,and a fuzzy tail

for some reason the smell of ash and smoke follows them sometimes smog comes out of their mouth because they cough a lot sometimes they even wheeze when talking as if struggling to breathe 

they seem to have very overgrown fur in places like their ears and face making them look like they have a mane even though they are not male

They seem to get scared easily jumping when there’s a sound or when something touches them

(picture to be added)

(I am so sorry if this is really long)

• Eek! 1
  • Love 1

10 hours ago, Avilulu said:

(picture to be added)

(I am so sorry if this is really long)

(Added! I'm honoured to have this be your second post :D)

• Eek! 1
  • Love 1