Stray Fawn Community

Place of the forgotten ones - The third era

Lilytuft

- Almost always seen crying, distraught, and panic-stricken

- Can and will scream at you if she's scared, normally in hostility.

- Seems to hate the idea of mates.

- Sickly! She's constantly coughing, wheezing, sneezing, or sniffling.

- Seems unused to company.

Niche_Misty.png

• Like 1
  • Eek! 1

20 minutes ago, Cloudscape -Any Pronouns- said:

- Almost always seen crying, distraught, and panic-stricken

- Can and will scream at you if she's scared, normally in hostility.

- Seems to hate the idea of mates.

- Sickly! She's constantly coughing, wheezing, sneezing, or sniffling.

- Seems unused to company.

Niche_Misty.png

(Added! Welcome to the nightmare)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Lilytuft said:

(Added! Welcome to the nightmare)

(Thank you!! ^^)

With a startle, a new figure came to a stance. The dizziness of rising too quick from slumber rushed in, though she refused herself the luxury to sit as she gazed around.
Her eyes would shift, signifying she'd been looking around, though there was nothing to tell where exactly her sight was.
Tears would well as panic began to settle. This was not home. Didn't look even remotely like home! And where was..
Who? Where was who, newcomer? She couldn't find herself with any memory, and even soon would forget why she's confused. It's a very frustrating cycle, you know.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, YourLocalStranger said:

'Oh, uh, yeah! Let's do that!' Thief smiled, snapping out of his thoughts. 

He made his way over to them, trying to seem as not-awkward as he could. "Hello." He said.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cloudscape -Any Pronouns- said:

(Thank you!! ^^)

With a startle, a new figure came to a stance. The dizziness of rising too quick from slumber rushed in, though she refused herself the luxury to sit as she gazed around.
Her eyes would shift, signifying she'd been looking around, though there was nothing to tell where exactly her sight was.
Tears would well as panic began to settle. This was not home. Didn't look even remotely like home! And where was..
Who? Where was who, newcomer? She couldn't find herself with any memory, and even soon would forget why she's confused. It's a very frustrating cycle, you know.

Theif squinted. Was that another nicheling? It wasn't the nervous one, guiding, or Venom snout guy, so it must be someone new. He walked over, finally getting used to the limp in his paw. As he went closer he saw that the nicheling was extremely distraught. Cant blame them. 

'Hello, are you new here? Or have you been here for a little while?' He secretly hoped it was someone who had been here for longer, so they could tell him, or at least help him find his way out of here. He quickly realised he was being rude. 

'My nicknames Thief.' He tried again. 'I won't hurt you.' He said reassuringly. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YourLocalStranger said:

Theif squinted. Was that another nicheling? It wasn't the nervous one, guiding, or Venom snout guy, so it must be someone new. He walked over, finally getting used to the limp in his paw. As he went closer he saw that the nicheling was extremely distraught. Cant blame them. 

'Hello, are you new here? Or have you been here for a little while?' He secretly hoped it was someone who had been here for longer, so they could tell him, or at least help him find his way out of here. He quickly realised he was being rude. 

'My nicknames Thief.' He tried again. 'I won't hurt you.' He said reassuringly. 

The silhouette quickly snapped her head in their direction as they started speaking. She was panicked at first, and wanted to bark out some sort of angry 'get away' message, but upon hearing their name, she'd calm a bit. She went to speak, which was raspy as all heck from needing to cough.
"I'm new, I think." She'd state with a quick glance around, before turning her head to let out a wheezed cough. At least she didn't cough in their face or something!

• Like 1

Fangs struggled to comprehend what he'd seen. He looked around for the nearest pair of eyes and started approaching them. (This interaction is up for grabs!) He needed to ask if anyone else had seen the flash of light.

Why was that... The little nicheling- he was covered in water. We're far away from the stream. It doesn't even smell like that. Nor does the swamp. And where did he go?

1 hour ago, Lilytuft said:

Fangs struggled to comprehend what he'd seen. He looked around for the nearest pair of eyes and started approaching them. (This interaction is up for grabs!) He needed to ask if anyone else had seen the flash of light.

Why was that... The little nicheling- he was covered in water. We're far away from the stream. It doesn't even smell like that. Nor does the swamp. And where did he go?

Sharp noticed him and went towards him. "Hey, you ok?" He asked.

• Like 1

On 1/6/2023 at 10:20 PM, Lilytuft said:

-Some of these are a bit blurry for me as well, but I'll do my best to help you. Sister and mother are members of your family. It's... a coplicated subject, but when two nichelings in the living world love each other very much, they might make more nichelings. These nichelings start out as small and defenseless, but grow big with time and care. Usually one of the two nichelings who made the small ones becomes a mother and the other a father. The little ones are siblings to each other, labeled sisters and brothers.

Her thoughts got carried away thinking about something far away and long gone. It wasn't just discussing the topic of family and children that brought these things to mind - the very act of trying to explain words to this confused spirit made her miss caring for her own offspring. What they had been like was a mystery to her, but the feeling of curling up around a little one to protect it from all the dangers of the world was one of the few things that hadn't left her, and it had stuck with her ever since she'd had some of her first flashbacks.

Snapping back into this reality made her realise she'd forgot the rest of the terms she was supposed to explain.

"That makes sense I guess," the spirit said with akwardness. "Are you alright?" They noticed the way guiding was lost in their own thoughts. 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Cloude said:

The silhouette quickly snapped her head in their direction as they started speaking. She was panicked at first, and wanted to bark out some sort of angry 'get away' message, but upon hearing their name, she'd calm a bit. She went to speak, which was raspy as all heck from needing to cough.
"I'm new, I think." She'd state with a quick glance around, before turning her head to let out a wheezed cough. At least she didn't cough in their face or something!

'Right then.' Thief tried to mask the disappointment in his voice. 'Well, you're probably confused. There are a couple of others over there, if you want me to lead you to them. We're all kind of stuck here for now. But we'll be getting out of here soon, so it's fine!' he said that last part brightly. He smiled, knowing the new nicheling probably couldn't see it. 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, YourLocalStranger said:

'Right then.' Thief tried to mask the disappointment in his voice. 'Well, you're probably confused. There are a couple of others over there, if you want me to lead you to them. We're all kind of stuck here for now. But we'll be getting out of here soon, so it's fine!' he said that last part brightly. He smiled, knowing the new nicheling probably couldn't see it. 

The silhouette gave a confused stare, sniffling a little before looking over towards where they motioned the others to be. Lead her to them... Did he not hear the coughing? She's quickly snap her head back to him, lowering her head a bit, caution being her first obvious step.
"What do you get out of that? Do you wish bad on them, or something?" 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Andromeda_ said:

Sharp noticed him and went towards him. "Hey, you ok?" He asked.

Fangs was too lost in thought to notice him and was startled by the voice. He quickly backed up a few steps and asked:

"Did you see that?"

22 hours ago, Chiyanna said:

"That makes sense I guess," the spirit said with akwardness. "Are you alright?" They noticed the way guiding was lost in their own thoughts. 

-Oh, yes, my apologies. Where were we?

4 minutes ago, Lilytuft said:

Fangs was too lost in thought to notice him and was startled by the voice. He quickly backed up a few steps and asked:

"Did you see that?"

"...See what?" He asked. Is this nicheling crazy? Maybe I shouldn't have come to them. 

Don't trust anyone. The words that he had heard so many times rang in his head again. He tried to shake the thought away, but it still persisted.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Andromeda_ said:

"...See what?" He asked. Is this nicheling crazy? Maybe I shouldn't have come to them. 

Don't trust anyone. The words that he had heard so many times rang in his head again. He tried to shake the thought away, but it still persisted.

"The flash of light! Everywhere was bright and there were so many colors. Surely you must have noticed!"

"I didn't see anything. Maybe you had some sort of memory flash?"

"But I don't-" He hadn't even considered that option. Could that be it? He'd never gotten them before, so why now? "...get those." he finished, uncertainty in his voice.

1 minute ago, Lilytuft said:

"But I don't-" He hadn't even considered that option. Could that be it? He'd never gotten them before, so why now? "...get those." he finished, uncertainty in his voice.

"Huh. Maybe you just....saw it? I can't remember the word for it. Oh well." (he means hallucinating) 

• Like 1

"Huh. Maybe you just....saw it? I can't remember the word for it. Oh well." (he means hallucinating) 

"I thought this place had already gotten to me, but I guess things can get worse..."

The scent of danger was still looming close behind, and it was making him jumpy. He tried to change the subject to calm down.

"So... Made any new friends?"

Just now, Lilytuft said:

"I thought this place had already gotten to me, but I guess things can get worse..."

The scent of danger was still looming close behind, and it was making him jumpy. He tried to change the subject to calm down.

"So... Made any new friends?"

"Yeah. I befriended peacock tail guy, his name is Thief now. And my name is Sharp."

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Cloude said:

The silhouette gave a confused stare, sniffling a little before looking over towards where they motioned the others to be. Lead her to them... Did he not hear the coughing? She's quickly snap her head back to him, lowering her head a bit, caution being her first obvious step.
"What do you get out of that? Do you wish bad on them, or something?" 

'What? No!' he said quickly. Why would he wish bad on them, they were the only people here other than himself, and so far they were kind. The nicheling looked cautious, and Thief was having second thoughts. He remembered nichelings like that. When they looked at him, they.... They hated him. Its just another nicheling. He forced himself to think. He kept his bright smile and sunny demeanour up as well. He was surprisingly good at acting happy even if he didn't feel that way. Thief silently hoped his life before this place wasn't some sort of sadness fest where everyone hated him. 

'I don't get anything out of it, other than another friend, who can help me remember who I am, and I can help them remember who they are.' He said calmly, still smiling. He wanted to take a step back, but he knew that would discourage the nicheling, so he stayed put. The nicheling was coughing, for some reason. Thief remembered what coughing was, but nothing else. He didn't know how it was caused, and other than being slightly interested in the weird sound, he didn't really care if the nicheling coughed or was silent. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, YourLocalStranger said:

'What? No!' he said quickly. Why would he wish bad on them, they were the only people here other than himself, and so far they were kind. The nicheling looked cautious, and Thief was having second thoughts. He remembered nichelings like that. When they looked at him, they.... They hated him. Its just another nicheling. He forced himself to think. He kept his bright smile and sunny demeanour up as well. He was surprisingly good at acting happy even if he didn't feel that way. Thief silently hoped his life before this place wasn't some sort of sadness fest where everyone hated him. 

'I don't get anything out of it, other than another friend, who can help me remember who I am, and I can help them remember who they are.' He said calmly, still smiling. He wanted to take a step back, but he knew that would discourage the nicheling, so he stayed put. The nicheling was coughing, for some reason. Thief remembered what coughing was, but nothing else. He didn't know how it was caused, and other than being slightly interested in the weird sound, he didn't really care if the nicheling coughed or was silent. 

The silhouette calmed a bit..
"Sorry, habit." She said rather simply, looking back over towards the other nichelings. She wasn't even sure why she had that reaction, why would she assume something like that? She felt bad for it, and the longer she stayed silent - the more she thought, the more tears had welled up in her eyes. Soon enough, they'd start to spill out as she looked back at him. "I'm sorry," She'd wail with a loud sniffle. "I didn't mean it!" She'd continue, tears of which matched the white void of her eyes streaming down the fur on her cheeks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cloude said:

The silhouette calmed a bit..
"Sorry, habit." She said rather simply, looking back over towards the other nichelings. She wasn't even sure why she had that reaction, why would she assume something like that? She felt bad for it, and the longer she stayed silent - the more she thought, the more tears had welled up in her eyes. Soon enough, they'd start to spill out as she looked back at him. "I'm sorry," She'd wail with a loud sniffle. "I didn't mean it!" She'd continue, tears of which matched the white void of her eyes streaming down the fur on her cheeks.

'W-what, no its, its fine!' Thief said quickly, but she was already crying. Crying. Did he used to that? If he did he couldn't remember, so he had no idea what to do. 

'Don't worry, no one's mad at you!' he said gently. He remembered someone saying that to him when he was upset. He couldn't figure out who said it though. He approached her carefully, making sure not to make any sudden movements. 

'Listen, we'll just go back to the others, and we can forget this happened, okay?' Thief was doing his best to sound comforting, but he didn't know if he was pulling it off. 'Or you don't have to go over there if you don't want to. We can stay here for a little while.' 

• Like 1