Stray Fawn Community

Place of the forgotten ones - The third era

Lilytuft

6 minutes ago, CATFISHPARTY said:

(now to figure out how to include her 😅)

(You could have her just hanging in the swamp or around it. Most start with a post with how they're in a strange place and can't remember anything and then see who responds. You could run into me and Fang or maybe Guiding and yourlocalstranger)

• Like 1

(hmm ill start with introducing her)

From the darkness, a figure began to form. She pulled herself from the ground and lifted her head, two glowing spots on her face appeared and gazed off into nothingness. She shook her wings, then her hindlegs, and swiveled her head around to survey the area. She spotted no one at first, but didn't expect to, she was more concerned with where she was, who she was, what she was.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

13 minutes ago, Chiyanna said:

"That...that..." the spirit paused, thinking back on the way the shadow with the swimming tail had talked about babies. How it had them, that look in its lights. But though it stirred something in the spirit, it just didn't know.

As Fangs waited for them to finish, he looked around. The swamp was a lot closer now, he could see the outlines of the few old trees through the mist, which was sort of beginning to clear. There was no sign of the two newly arrived spirits from earlier and he hoped they were together.

Just now, Liljatonttu said:

As Fangs waited for them to finish, he looked around. The swamp was a lot closer now, he could see the outlines of the few old trees through the mist, which was sort of beginning to clear. There was no sign of the two newly arrived spirits from earlier and he hoped they were together.

The spirit had gotten lost in their thoughts, but once they were done thinking they said "What did you stop for? Are we there?"

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chiyanna said:

The spirit had gotten lost in their thoughts, but once they were done thinking they said "What did you stop for? Are we there?"

"Almost. See those tall plants over there?"

4 minutes ago, Liljatonttu said:

"Almost. See those tall plants over there?"

The spirit looked at the tall things, "Plants..." An image went through their mind of a green bush with a few purple round things on it, surrounded by tall, lush grass. "They don't look like plants to me."

• Like 1

Just now, Chiyanna said:

The spirit looked at the tall things, "Plants..." An image went through their mind of a green bush with a few purple round things on it, surrounded by tall, lush grass. "They don't look like plants to me."

"They're the only plants I know aside from grass. There's reeds and even a couple of trees! You don't run into those a lot around here," he said, trying not to sound offended and hiding his jealousy of the fact that this lost spirit had a better grasp of plants than he did.

1 minute ago, Liljatonttu said:

"They're the only plants I know aside from grass. There's reeds and even a couple of trees! You don't run into those a lot around here," he said, trying not to sound offended and hiding his jealousy of the fact that this lost spirit had a better grasp of plants than he did.

"I...I...just saw a plant of a bright color...with small round things hanging on it. I saw it in my mind. Does that make any sense?"

• Like 1

Her gaze landed on two other figures. She tilted her head, every burning question that was once in her mind had melted and reformed into another; Who are they? She approached carefully, stepping lightly and keeping her head low so she looked less threatening. At least she could remember how to interact with others.

(shes looking at yall's characters)

• Like 1

Just now, Chiyanna said:

"I...I...just saw a plant of a bright color...with small round things hanging on it. I saw it in my mind. Does that make any sense?"

"I've heard others describing something similar. And memory flashes do happen from time to time, at least for you newer ones."

Again, despite it having been almost obvious from the beginning, he found himself jealous of this spirit's recovery speed. He'd hoped for someone who could share his experiences. He knew this was wrong to wish for and that he should be happy for the them. He'd be a terrible person for hoping that someone had had to go through the same things he did. He shouldn't wish his fate on anyone. And besides, plenty of spirits had gone through what he did. It was just that none of them had made it back. There were others that had it worse and he should do try his best to prevent more suffering.

4 minutes ago, CATFISHPARTY said:

Her gaze landed on two other figures. She tilted her head, every burning question that was once in her mind had melted and reformed into another; Who are they? She approached carefully, stepping lightly and keeping her head low so she looked less threatening. At least she could remember how to interact with others.

(shes looking at yall's characters)

His thoughts were interrupted when he noticed another figure out the corner of his eye. One of the newcomers he'd met earlier?

1 hour ago, Avilulu said:

The burning silhouette was currently in their pool cooling off as best as they can steam was actually coming out of it

she sat next to them. she picked up a small pebble and threw it at nothing specific

• Like 1

On 12/25/2022 at 2:37 AM, Liljatonttu said:

-A friend. He has long paws and fangs like those of a... a... I'm sure it was something toxic. Or poisonous... Venomous! What ever... The point is he has big fangs. I suppose it would be best if you came with me, might delay the inevitable. And don't worry about getting home, there's no way out of this place. Better to just get used to it now.

She started examining the reeds and mud through the thick mist, hoping to locate the direction Fangs had gone. The darkness made the task difficult, but she eventually found a spot where the reeds had been trampled recently enough that they hadn't had a chance to return to their usual state yet.

The fading of a once familiar consept had happened to her for more times than she could count. In fact, she was sure that there were more things she'd forgotten than remembered. She just didn't notice it most of the time. As it got harder to imagine colors and places, the things related to those things faded away with nothing to remind her of them. It was a side effect of having been here for so long. Back when she'd been a new arrival she'd at least had the eyes of her companions to remind her of the colors this place lacked. Now she couldn't even remember the name they used called her.

'Well, I'll keep an eye out for him then!' he tried to say as helpfully as possible. No way out of this place. Well there must be. He got here somehow, so that means there's a way out. 

'I'll come with you then.' For some reason, the thought of being left alone in this strange place scared him more than the thought of walking all that way again with his bad paw. Fear. He didn't need that right now, so he pushed it down, and made his ears perk up, putting a cheery lilt into his voice. 

'We'll find your friend, don't worry!' he grunted slightly as he got up, but quickly masked it with a cough. 

18 hours ago, Chiyanna said:

(Geesh a lot happened overnight. Also I feel like everyone is discovering things about themselves way too fast. I'm going slower with my nicheling, but it feels like they're stunted or stupid or something because of that lol)

"Uh...I think they saw another shadow and rushed off."

(yeah I had to stay off yesterday because Christmas, and the rp literally gained like 10 pages 😭😭😭. 

I also think people are going a bit fast, but I'll keep my character going slow at regaining his memories.) 

• Like 1
  • Paw up 1

36 minutes ago, YourLocalStranger said:

'Well, I'll keep an eye out for him then!' he tried to say as helpfully as possible. No way out of this place. Well there must be. He got here somehow, so that means there's a way out. 

'I'll come with you then.' For some reason, the thought of being left alone in this strange place scared him more than the thought of walking all that way again with his bad paw. Fear. He didn't need that right now, so he pushed it down, and made his ears perk up, putting a cheery lilt into his voice. 

'We'll find your friend, don't worry!' he grunted slightly as he got up, but quickly masked it with a cough. 

- He's gone this way. I'm not sure how long he's been out. He might still be close by.

They reached the edge of the swamp and she looked around, spotting not only Fangs, but two others as well.

8 minutes ago, Liljatonttu said:

- He's gone this way. I'm not sure how long he's been out. He might still be close by.

They reached the edge of the swamp and she looked around, spotting not only Fangs, but two others as well.

He followed guiding out of the swamp, and spotted three other creatures. Maybe they'll be a bit more helpful than guiding was, he thought as he frowned at guiding. She was turned away, so she couldn't see him. Wait. No. No reason to be mean, she probably doesn't want to be here either. He thought this as he shook his head. 'Think happy thoughts' he muttered to himself, as he looked out at the 3 slihouttes. 'You're getting out of this.' He blocked the alternative out of his mind. 

'I think he might be one of them.' He speculated. One of them looked to have a poison snout. Or was it Venom snout..? 'If it is him, we found him! No need to worry!' he smiled. No reason to worry at all. Just because he couldn't remember a thing about himself didn't mean anything. He was sure one of the others remembered something, no matter how small. Maybe it would help him. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, YourLocalStranger said:

He followed guiding out of the swamp, and spotted three other creatures. Maybe they'll be a bit more helpful than guiding was, he thought as he frowned at guiding. She was turned away, so she couldn't see him. Wait. No. No reason to be mean, she probably doesn't want to be here either. He thought this as he shook his head. 'Think happy thoughts' he muttered to himself, as he looked out at the 3 slihouttes. 'You're getting out of this.' He blocked the alternative out of his mind. 

'I think he might be one of them.' He speculated. One of them looked to have a poison snout. Or was it Venom snout..? 'If it is him, we found him! No need to worry!' he smiled. No reason to worry at all. Just because he couldn't remember a thing about himself didn't mean anything. He was sure one of the others remembered something, no matter how small. Maybe it would help him. 

-Yes, I think you're right... she said before getting lost in thought.

Where did those two come from? Why didn't he tell me he was going out?

-Fangs! she called out, well aware of the fact that the others were too far to hear her.

2 minutes ago, Liljatonttu said:

-Yes, I think you're right... she said before getting lost in thought.

Where did those two come from? Why didn't he tell me he was going out?

-Fangs! she called out, well aware of the fact that the others were too far to hear her.

'Let's go up to them!' he decided, they were too far away for any call to reach them. He limped forward towards the 3, hoping they'd be as friendly as guiding. Or at least non threatening. He looked back behind him to make sure guiding was following. 

• Like 1

Just now, Liljatonttu said:

(Wow getting some sleep really too a toll on my writing abilities lol)

(it's fine lol, they're still very good,  and better to be well rested than sleep deprived) 

• Thanks 1

Just now, YourLocalStranger said:

'Let's go up to them!' he decided, they were too far away for any call to reach them. He limped forward towards the 3, hoping they'd be as friendly as guiding. Or at least non threatening. He looked back behind him to make sure guiding was following. 

She was surprised to see the newcomer taking initiative. Many of the forgotten she'd known had been helpless, with no question as to why they'd ended up here. But this nicheling was different, unafraid of walking his own path. That was dangerous here. It had been the brave, the independent and the desperate who'd been foolish enough to stray beyond the familiar area. And then the rest had gone looking for them.

She'd have to keep this one out of trouble.

On that thought she picked up her pace and trotted after him.

1 minute ago, Liljatonttu said:

She was surprised to see the newcomer taking initiative. Many of the forgotten she'd known had been helpless, with no question as to why they'd ended up here. But this nicheling was different, unafraid of walking his own path. That was dangerous here. It had been the brave, the independent and the desperate who'd been foolish enough to stray beyond the familiar area. And then the rest had gone looking for them.

She'd have to keep this one out of trouble.

On that thought she picked up her pace and trotted after him.

(I think we should wait for the others to come online before answering?) 

• Like 1