Stray Fawn Community

Place of the forgotten ones - The third era

Lilytuft

4 minutes ago, Fox leaf said:

(Thanks, also, i have no idea whats going on rn so yea imm start on the swamp moors and stuff)

The spirit awoke with only one memory. She walked on all fours and looked around. Puddles seething mud splattered against her large talons. She felt only small pain from her large scar that covered half her neck.

The spirit walked into the swamp, her wings against her sides. She hissed at he thought of being dead, her dark eyes looking around. A tree loomed ahead of her and she decided to climb it. Her claws sliced the bark and she crawled onto a thick branch. She decided to dig out a nest in the trunk like a woodpecker. She made a lovely carved home in it.

1 hour ago, Fox leaf said:

The spirit walked into the swamp, her wings against her sides. She hissed at he thought of being dead, her dark eyes looking around. A tree loomed ahead of her and she decided to climb it. Her claws sliced the bark and she crawled onto a thick branch. She decided to dig out a nest in the trunk like a woodpecker. She made a lovely carved home in it.

(bro why do your characters just have the ability to make amazing dens without effort 💀)

• Paw up 1

21 hours ago, Andromeda_ said:

"I talked to him earlier. He seemed to have had a sudden memory flash, but he told me he doesn't get flashbacks." He said. "I wonder how he's feeling." Sharp laid down and flicked his stinky tail around, bored.

'You could go talk to him or something. Or you can stay here if you want.' Thief shrugged. He actually wanted to try out what sleeping was like. 'I'm gonna try and go to sleep.' 

What would it be like? Can you even sleep in this weird world? Thief closed his eyes and settled down. He knew Sharp was right beside him, even if he couldn't see him. It made him kind of nervous, to know someone is there but not being able to see them. He was less nervous knowing it was a friend though. This time Thief didn't push the feeling away, but he still remembered nothing. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, YourLocalStranger said:

'You could go talk to him or something. Or you can stay here if you want.' Thief shrugged. He actually wanted to try out what sleeping was like. 'I'm gonna try and go to sleep.' 

What would it be like? Can you even sleep in this weird world? Thief closed his eyes and settled down. He knew Sharp was right beside him, even if he couldn't see him. It made him kind of nervous, to know someone is there but not being able to see them. He was less nervous knowing it was a friend though. This time Thief didn't push the feeling away, but he still remembered nothing. 

He put his head on his paws and closed his eyes. "I don't think it'll lighten up here." He confessed. "From the memory flashes I had, I noticed that sometimes it was dark, and sometimes it was light, meanwhile here, it's stayed dark the whole time." He began ripping up the grey blades of grass out of boredom. "I feel bad for nichelings afraid of the dark."

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Andromeda_ said:

He put his head on his paws and closed his eyes. "I don't think it'll lighten up here." He confessed. "From the memory flashes I had, I noticed that sometimes it was dark, and sometimes it was light, meanwhile here, it's stayed dark the whole time." He began ripping up the grey blades of grass out of boredom. "I feel bad for nichelings afraid of the dark."

'Who would have thought that a big guy like you could be such a softie.' Theif laughed quietly. 'But yeah, it must be hard for them. Maybe they get used to it. Or maybe they don't.' He said, more serious. His eyes were still closed. He let himself concentrate on nothing at all. That's how you were supposed to sleep, right? After a few minutes, his breathing evened out, and he was asleep. 

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, YourLocalStranger said:

'Who would have thought that a big guy like you could be such a softie.' Theif laughed quietly. 'But yeah, it must be hard for them. Maybe they get used to it. Or maybe they don't.' He said, more serious. His eyes were still closed. He let himself concentrate on nothing at all. That's how you were supposed to sleep, right? After a few minutes, his breathing evened out, and he was asleep. 

He laid down as careful as possible to not poke Thief with his huge megaloceros horns. He closed his eyes as well, and eventually drifted off to sleep.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Andromeda_ said:

He laid down as careful as possible to not poke Thief with his huge megaloceros horns. He closed his eyes as well, and eventually drifted off to sleep.

Thief was standing in a circle of nichelings. They all towered over him. The biggest one, she was grey, was yelling at him. The others were too. 

Liar. Thief. Coward. Murderer.

He cried for them to stop, but they wouldn't listen. There was another nicheling in the crowd, that wasnt yelling. It was the nicheling from his memory, the one he chased across the water. He could see them clearer now, they had a heat body, a feathered tail and bright yellow and black fur. He still couldn't see their face. He called for the nicheling to help him, to not let the others hurt him. But the nicheling looked so sad, so lost, and they turned away. 

They grey nicheling came closer. 

'This is what you deserve. Goodbye.' she snarled, lifting her paw. Another nicheling held out Thief's left paw, even though he struggled. Suddenly, the grey nicheling hit Thief's paw as hard as she could, and it hurt so much, and his head spun... 

Thief woke up, shivering. He needed to get away. Away. He struggled to stand up, and ran into the forest, he ran and ran, past the stream, and a wierd old trunk. He found a tree with roots that curled, so he tucked himself away under it. He covered his face with his feathered tail, so no one would see his bright eyes, and find him. He sobbed quietly, the horridness of the memory still fresh in his mind. The more he remembered about himself, the more he realised maybe he didn't want to know who he was. 

• Eek! 1

3 hours ago, YourLocalStranger said:

Thief was standing in a circle of nichelings. They all towered over him. The biggest one, she was grey, was yelling at him. The others were too. 

Liar. Thief. Coward. Murderer.

He cried for them to stop, but they wouldn't listen. There was another nicheling in the crowd, that wasnt yelling. It was the nicheling from his memory, the one he chased across the water. He could see them clearer now, they had a heat body, a feathered tail and bright yellow and black fur. He still couldn't see their face. He called for the nicheling to help him, to not let the others hurt him. But the nicheling looked so sad, so lost, and they turned away. 

They grey nicheling came closer. 

'This is what you deserve. Goodbye.' she snarled, lifting her paw. Another nicheling held out Thief's left paw, even though he struggled. Suddenly, the grey nicheling hit Thief's paw as hard as she could, and it hurt so much, and his head spun... 

Thief woke up, shivering. He needed to get away. Away. He struggled to stand up, and ran into the forest, he ran and ran, past the stream, and a wierd old trunk. He found a tree with roots that curled, so he tucked himself away under it. He covered his face with his feathered tail, so no one would see his bright eyes, and find him. He sobbed quietly, the horridness of the memory still fresh in his mind. The more he remembered about himself, the more he realised maybe he didn't want to know who he was. 

He slowly awoke, and noticed Thief wasn't nearby. "Thief? Thief, where are you!?" He called out, but to no avail. No no no. Don't tell me I lost my only friend. He seemed so desperate for friends, but he couldn't remember why. He wandered around the strange dark world for a while, until he finally found him, curled up in a ball, sobbing quietly. He silently sat down next to him. He hesitated. Is he ok? I've never seen a nicheling so...upset before. So....hurt. 

"...Thief, are you ok?" He asked softly. "I can leave if you don't feel like talking right now..."

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Andromeda_ said:

He slowly awoke, and noticed Thief wasn't nearby. "Thief? Thief, where are you!?" He called out, but to no avail. No no no. Don't tell me I lost my only friend. He seemed so desperate for friends, but he couldn't remember why. He wandered around the strange dark world for a while, until he finally found him, curled up in a ball, sobbing quietly. He silently sat down next to him. He hesitated. Is he ok? I've never seen a nicheling so...upset before. So....hurt. 

"...Thief, are you ok?" He asked softly. "I can leave if you don't feel like talking right now..."

The spirit peered out from her branch to look at the others. She pounced down from the tree next to them. She had flared her wings and made herself look big. "Why are you in my tree?" She hissed regally.

3 minutes ago, Fox leaf said:

The spirit peered out from her branch to look at the others. She pounced down from the tree next to them. She had flared her wings and made herself look big. "Why are you in my tree?" She hissed regally.

"I didn't know this was yours, but why did you have to be so rude?" He hissed, baring his sharp saber fangs, and unsheathing his tough bearyena claws. He stood in front of Thief protectively.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Andromeda_ said:

"I didn't know this was yours, but why did you have to be so rude?" He hissed, baring his sharp saber fangs, and unsheathing his tough bearyena claws. He stood in front of Thief protectively.

"I only just arrived in the moor over there but I still have a fair idea what is happening here." She bared her own sharp teeth inside her beak. Her wings flared out, her tail curling upwards, her unnatural dark eyes gleaming. The smoke billowed from her odd grey scar

13 minutes ago, Fox leaf said:

"I only just arrived in the moor over there but I still have a fair idea what is happening here." She bared her own sharp teeth inside her beak. Her wings flared out, her tail curling upwards, her unnatural dark eyes gleaming. The smoke billowed from her odd grey scar

He noticed her scar, and his expression became a little concerned. "Are you ok? Why does your scar look like it's burning?" He asked. His claws were still unsheathed though. Don't trust anyone. He decided to change the quote a little. Don't trust anyone as soon as you meet them sounded much more sensible. But it was more of a mouthful. He snapped back from thinking and looked at the strange nicheling.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Fangs sat by himself, trying to figure out what was he'd just seen.

Sharp didn't see it. Did anyone else?

He looked around, but quickly looked back down when he realised Guiding was looking. For some reason he didn't want her to see him right now. She'd ask what was wrong.

Everyone seems normal. So only I saw it then.

Guiding would ask and he'd have to explain. How could he? There was no reasonable explanation for the suffering child in front of him. Had he caused it? He lifted a paw agaist the sky and tried to look at it. It was hard to tell in the dark, but he came to the conclusion that his claws were for running and couldn't have caused the wounds on the small nicheling.

What about his teeth, then? He put his paw in his mouth and tried to bite, but was stopped early by the sting of his poison fangs. He then turned his paw sideways so that it fit between his fangs and tried again, but the rest of his teeth were smaller than the marks on the child. He was fairly sure, though the memory of the short flash was already fading.

Was Sharp right? Was it really a memory? But I don't get those! I was lost!

Though he'd convinced himself that he couldn't possibly have been the one to hurt the little nicheling, he couldn't shake the feeling that it had somehow been his fault. The atmosphere of guilt had been too strong.

3 hours ago, Andromeda_ said:

He noticed her scar, and his expression became a little concerned. "Are you ok? Why does your scar look like it's burning?" He asked. His claws were still unsheathed though. Don't trust anyone. He decided to change the quote a little. Don't trust anyone as soon as you meet them sounded much more sensible. But it was more of a mouthful. He snapped back from thinking and looked at the strange nicheling.

She got out of her defensive stance and stood casually. She put a talon to the scars and shrugged. "I got it a while before I died. It's nothing to worry about, I just lived in the savannah for a while-" she cut herself off. She knew she had lived in the savannah after the snow. She had gotten her scar in the snow.

10 minutes ago, Fox leaf said:

She got out of her defensive stance and stood casually. She put a talon to the scars and shrugged. "I got it a while before I died. It's nothing to worry about, I just lived in the savannah for a while-" she cut herself off. She knew she had lived in the savannah after the snow. She had gotten her scar in the snow.

"How do you know so much about yourself already?" Sharp asked, confused. "I haven't seen you before, unless you've been here for a while and just stayed out of sight."

• Like 1

At the start of their journey through the dark swamp, the spirit had been quite cautious. But after wandering for what felt like hours, they had simply stopped thinking. There was nothing to for their mind to do. It was too dark to see much, and they remember practically nothing, not even their own name!(Haha how strange)

They’d stopped asking questions, since there clearly wasn't anyone to answer them. Something was wrong and for now, they’d simply accepted that.

(And then they run into someone. Plz. Someone. I want to roleplay)

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Ziync said:

At the start of their journey through the dark swamp, the spirit had been quite cautious. But after wandering for what felt like hours, they had simply stopped thinking. There was nothing to for their mind to do. It was too dark to see much, and they remember practically nothing, not even their own name!(Haha how strange)

They’d stopped asking questions, since there clearly wasn't anyone to answer them. Something was wrong and for now, they’d simply accepted that.

(maybe you could go to Avilulu's character? or Lilytuft's character Fangs?)

• Like 1

On 1/20/2023 at 8:05 PM, Lilytuft said:

-If that's what feels right to you, then I suppose it must be so.

During the conversation she kept an eye on Fangs. What was he doing? He seemed twitchy and alert, looking around. She'd have to ask him what was wrong later.

-I was a sister, I think. I can't remember anyone anymore, but I doubt I was an only child. Guiding kept talking as if everything was normal. She didn't want to make the newcomer worried.

"That makes sense," said the spirit. Then they noticed Fangs over there, "You know, Fangs has that hair on his head. I think I had that too, in my memory. Anyway, Fangs looks...worked up about something."

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Ziync said:

(I'm stuck with lilytuft's guiding rn but as soon as I can I'll have my character wander off and run into you, (if someone else doesn't first))

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Andromeda_ said:

"How do you know so much about yourself already?" Sharp asked, confused. "I haven't seen you before, unless you've been here for a while and just stayed out of sight."

The spirit shook her head. "I only just arrived. I had a memory and I know how I got my scar, so it's easy to fit.

(It's quacktail still alive???)

13 hours ago, Andromeda_ said:

Thief snapped his head up, seeing Sharp before him. 

'Fine! Fine, I'm f-fine.' He stammered out an automatic response. He felt anything but fine, but ah well. 'I uh, I was just..' Thief struggled to come up with a good lie. He hated lying to basically his only friend. He knew the feeling of lying to someone he cared about was very familiar. It felt terrible. 

'I just had a dream.' He mumbled, settling for the truth. He didn't need to tell Sharp about it, didn't need to bother his friend. 'You can stay, it's.. I don't want you to leave.' the thought of being alone again in this forest scared him more than telling Sharp his dream. Being alone. For some reason he hated being alone, and yet with a group of more than 3 nichelings, he got nervous! 

12 hours ago, Fox leaf said:

Suddenly, another spirit approached. She didn't look the least bit friendly, but Thief picked himself up, and tried to make himself smile anyway. It didn't work. 

12 hours ago, Andromeda_ said:

Thief let Sharp stand in front of him. Sharp was much stronger anyway. He didn't have a useless paw. 

'Sharp, wait.' Thief muttered. 'We should probably run, if this is the spirits tree.' He knew it sounded cowardly, but what was the point of fighting? He pushed himself out from behind his friend and forced himself to speak. Compared to Sharp, he looked small and squeaky. 

'We don't mean you any harm! We'll leave if you want us to leave!' he said quickly. But the conversation had already strayed to the strange nichelings scar. She knew where she got hers, even though it looks like she hadn't been here for a while. She probably didn't get it because nichelings hated her. He thought bitterly. Those nichelings in the dream weren't even aiming to kill him, because he was much bigger here than in the dream. They just aimed to break his paw so it couldn't be repaired, for whatever reason. Thief stood right next to Sharp, waiting for the strange spirits answer. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, YourLocalStranger said:

Thief snapped his head up, seeing Sharp before him. 

'Fine! Fine, I'm f-fine.' He stammered out an automatic response. He felt anything but fine, but ah well. 'I uh, I was just..' Thief struggled to come up with a good lie. He hated lying to basically his only friend. He knew the feeling of lying to someone he cared about was very familiar. It felt terrible. 

'I just had a dream.' He mumbled, settling for the truth. He didn't need to tell Sharp about it, didn't need to bother his friend. 'You can stay, it's.. I don't want you to leave.' the thought of being alone again in this forest scared him more than telling Sharp his dream. Being alone. For some reason he hated being alone, and yet with a group of more than 3 nichelings, he got nervous! 

Suddenly, another spirit approached. She didn't look the least bit friendly, but Thief picked himself up, and tried to make himself smile anyway. It didn't work. 

Thief let Sharp stand in front of him. Sharp was much stronger anyway. He didn't have a useless paw. 

'Sharp, wait.' Thief muttered. 'We should probably run, if this is the spirits tree.' He knew it sounded cowardly, but what was the point of fighting? He pushed himself out from behind his friend and forced himself to speak. Compared to Sharp, he looked small and squeaky. 

'We don't mean you any harm! We'll leave if you want us to leave!' he said quickly. But the conversation had already strayed to the strange nichelings scar. She knew where she got hers, even though it looks like she hadn't been here for a while. She probably didn't get it because nichelings hated her. He thought bitterly. Those nichelings in the dream weren't even aiming to kill him, because he was much bigger here than in the dream. They just aimed to break his paw so it couldn't be repaired, for whatever reason. Thief stood right next to Sharp, waiting for the strange spirits answer. 

The spirit rolled her eyes. "I dont stay in trees when sobby nichelings ruin them. Its yours." She said dryly and flew off toward the foggy moors