Stray Fawn Community

Place of the forgotten ones - The third era

Lilytuft

3 hours ago, YourLocalStranger said:

'Well, let's go then!' Thief grinned. He walked ahead, making sure to keep an eye on the swamp. 'If anyone sees anything interesting, tell me please.' He announced. Anything out here could be a potential thing that could help him remember. But as Thief walked all he saw was fog. And moors. And some random bushes. He felt frustration growing inside him. Was this all there was!? 

(Wait I'm sorry I'm stupid we are going out to the moors) 

After a while of trodding along and finding nothing interesting, the nervous nicheling finally said, "Let's go back to the swamp, it seemed more interesting." Passing one of those plants from earlier, they then said, "Did you know that these things used to have color? In memories, in the before death?"

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Chiyanna said:

After a while of trodding along and finding nothing interesting, the nervous nicheling finally said, "Let's go back to the swamp, it seemed more interesting." Passing one of those plants from earlier, they then said, "Did you know that these things used to have color? In memories, in the before death?"

'I wonder what colour they were.' Thief was slightly unsettled by the fact he had already forgotten what colours things should be. He knew the sky was meant to be colourful, but he had no idea what colour. 

'If you want to go back, go ahead. I'm sure there's something out here.' Thief said, determination in his voice. 

9 hours ago, Mythic said:

"Hello" she called to the nichlings

Thief glanced over. 'Well this place is suddenly crowded.' He said with surprise. 'Hello! Are you new here?' he called back to the other nicheling. 

'See, we did find something.' Thief nudged the nervous one. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mythic said:

"Who are you two? Where are we?" she asked

'Uh.. We're in a strange place you go to after you die. And everyone forgets about you.' Thief was never very tactful. 'I'm Thief, that's Sharp, and that's Nervous Brother. Silly names, I know, but they're only temporary.' 

Thief smiled welcomingly. 'You can come along with us if you like. There's a swamp down that way, we were just heading back.' Thief actually wanted to go further, but the others wanted to go back. And there was no reason in dragging a new nicheling away from the only safe place around here. Just then, he realised he forgot about the weird nicheling who kept throwing rocks. 'And that's uh...' He thought for a moment. 'I actually have no idea. Sorry. You never introduced yourself.' He apologised to her. He winced slightly at how rude that sounded. 

• Like 1

'Uh.. We're in a strange place you go to after you die. And everyone forgets about you.' Thief was never very tactful. 'I'm Thief, that's Sharp, and that's Nervous Brother. Silly names, I know, but they're only temporary.' 

Thief smiled welcomingly. 'You can come along with us if you like. There's a swamp down that way, we were just heading back.' Thief actually wanted to go further, but the others wanted to go back. And there was no reason in dragging a new nicheling away from the only safe place around here. Just then, he realised he forgot about the weird nicheling who kept throwing rocks. 'And that's uh...' He thought for a moment. 'I actually have no idea. Sorry. You never introduced yourself.' He apologised to her. He winced slightly at how rude that sounded. 

"Hi there." Sharp said to the new nicheling. He tried to be as non-threatening as possible, partially because this nicheling looked very young.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, YourLocalStranger said:

"What do you mean everyone forgets me? And did you say DEAD!?!" She said started to get the dead part in her head. "WHAT DO YOU MEAN DEAD!?!" She stopped freaking out and winced from pain on her shoulder where she saw 3 indents on each shoulder that she hadn't notice before.

• Like 1

58 minutes ago, Mythic said:

"What do you mean everyone forgets me? And did you say DEAD!?!" She said started to get the dead part in her head. "WHAT DO YOU MEAN DEAD!?!" She stopped freaking out and winced from pain on her shoulder where she saw 3 indents on each shoulder that she hadn't notice before.

"I know, it's hard to grasp the idea but... We aren't alive anymore." He tried to sound as calm as possible.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andromeda_ said:

"I know, it's hard to grasp the idea but... We aren't alive anymore." He tried to sound as calm as possible.

"But when you die your supposed be judged by Dukur and his servants then go to the god you lived as the servant of in your life it's what I was taught..." She stopped wondering where that came from.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Mythic said:

"But when you die your supposed be judged by Dukur and his servants then go to the god you lived as the servant of in your life it's what I was taught..." She stopped wondering where that came from.

"Uh, what?" He asked, confused. "I don't worship whoever Dukur is, sorry. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Andromeda_ said:

"Uh, what?" He asked, confused. "I don't worship whoever Dukur is, sorry. 

She looked at him in disbelief but then her eyes flashed purple.

She saw a nichling a bit older than her talking but she couldn't make out the words. She then flashed to what seemed like later in the day from direction the light was coming from. She saw an adult talking to the teenager from before in a tone she disliked. "The leader is willing to let you stay despite your beliefs, but you are not allowed to be spreading that to the young ones! It is not only disrespecting the leader and the tribe but also Rame." The adult said. The teen nichling rolled his eyes but told the adult that he would stop.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Mythic said:

She saw a nichling a bit older than her talking but she couldn't make out the words. She then flashed to what seemed like later in the day from direction the light was coming from. She saw an adult talking to the teenager from before in a tone she disliked. "The leader is willing to let you stay despite your beliefs, but you are not allowed to be spreading that to the young ones! It is not only disrespecting the leader and the tribe but also Rame." The adult said. The teen nichling rolled his eyes but told the adult that he would stop.

"Quit threatening the newbie. Cant you ease off the facts rather than throwing them in her face?" The spirit hissed into Thief's ear

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Fox leaf said:

"Quit threatening the newbie. Cant you ease off the facts rather than throwing them in her face?" The spirit hissed into Thief's ear

'I-I'm sorry! I didn't mean to frighten her!' Thief frowned. He felt a little guilty, especially because the nicheling seemed to be freaking out slightly. He really wasn't used to this. 

8 hours ago, Mythic said:

'Well, this place is where you go when people... Forget.. About you. Right? So once you find your name, or so I've heard from other nichelings here, you get out. Then you'll go to Dukur. I'm sure of it.' Thief tried to reassure her. 

• Like 1

Just now, YourLocalStranger said:

'I-I'm sorry! I didn't mean to frighten her!' Thief frowned. He felt a little guilty, especially because the nicheling seemed to be freaking out slightly. He really wasn't used to this. 

'Well, this place is where you go when people... Forget.. About you. Right? So once you find your name, or so I've heard from other nichelings here, you get out. Then you'll go to Dukur. I'm sure of it.' Thief tried to reassure her. 

"Oh great, now your a LIAR." The spirit hissed again. "Give me more words and i'll see if i know them" She hissed

4 minutes ago, Fox leaf said:

"Oh great, now your a LIAR." The spirit hissed again. "Give me more words and i'll see if i know them" She hissed

'What?! How am I a liar!' Thief whisper yelled at her. He didn't usually feel angry, he usually tried to calm himself. Now rage sprung up in him because of those words. 

• Like 1

Just now, YourLocalStranger said:

'What?! How am I a liar!' Thief whisper yelled at her. He didn't usually feel angry, he usually tried to calm himself. Now rage sprung up in him because of those words. 

"Your a liar because your LYING about going to the thingy she was talking about! You have no idea, no-paw!" She whisper screeched (also, i like translating words, gib more words)

1 minute ago, Fox leaf said:

"Your a liar because your LYING about going to the thingy she was talking about! You have no idea, no-paw!" She whisper screeched (also, i like translating words, gib more words)

'It's called trying to be kind to and reassure a nicheling younger than yourself, even though you don't have all the answers. You probably wouldn't know what that is.' He snapped. 'Besides, wherever you go afterwards is surely better than here.' 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, YourLocalStranger said:

'It's called trying to be kind to and reassure a nicheling younger than yourself, even though you don't have all the answers. You probably wouldn't know what that is.' He snapped. 'Besides, wherever you go afterwards is surely better than here.' 

"Its called lying and you can't be sure of ANYTHING in this place. Thats something, even YOU know" The spirit snarled and turned away to the swamp.

5 minutes ago, Fox leaf said:

"Its called lying and you can't be sure of ANYTHING in this place. Thats something, even YOU know" The spirit snarled and turned away to the swamp.

Thief bristled. He knew the other spirit was being completely unreasonable. He knew this. And yet he burned with anger at her. For a second he thought of leaping at her, driving her face into the dirt, before he realised just how violent that thought was. He turned away, his rage fading into shame. Suddenly he was somewhere else. His eyes flashed a bright red. 

He was in a meadow. A cliff nearby. An older nicheling beside him. She had dark fur, purple eyes. She was smiling at him. There was another nicheling nearby. He walked up. Started yelling. Why was he yelling? The nicheling beside him tried to walk away, but the one who approached them unsheathed his claws. He was raising them towards the dark nicheling! Before he knew what he was doing, he launched himself at the attacker, rage burning like a fire inside him. He fought with the attacker, but he knew he was losing. A spit of the moment thought made its way through him, the cliff, just push him off the cliff! He moved quickly, and just as the attacker was about to fall off, the dark nicheling ran forward. 

'NO!' she screamed, trying to stop him. But Thief was already going too quickly, and before he knew it, the dark nicheling toppled over the cliff as she tried to push the attacker out of the way. Thief stopped fighting. He felt hollow. That nicheling was important to him, he knew that, and now she was gone. The attacker gave a sneer, and brought Thief with him. Thief didn't know where they were going. The memory ended as suddenly as it started. 

Thief felt awful. Is this why he was banished and hurt by his tribe? He pushed the memory away for a second. Think about it later. He turned back to the others, all trace of anger and sadness gone from his face. 'I think we should get back to the swamp.' 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mythic said:

5 hours ago, Fox leaf said:

3 hours ago, Fox leaf said:

1 hour ago, YourLocalStranger said:

Thief bristled. He knew the other spirit was being completely unreasonable. He knew this. And yet he burned with anger at her. For a second he thought of leaping at her, driving her face into the dirt, before he realised just how violent that thought was. He turned away, his rage fading into shame. Suddenly he was somewhere else. His eyes flashed a bright red. 

He was in a meadow. A cliff nearby. An older nicheling beside him. She had dark fur, purple eyes. She was smiling at him. There was another nicheling nearby. He walked up. Started yelling. Why was he yelling? The nicheling beside him tried to walk away, but the one who approached them unsheathed his claws. He was raising them towards the dark nicheling! Before he knew what he was doing, he launched himself at the attacker, rage burning like a fire inside him. He fought with the attacker, but he knew he was losing. A spit of the moment thought made its way through him, the cliff, just push him off the cliff! He moved quickly, and just as the attacker was about to fall off, the dark nicheling ran forward. 

'NO!' she screamed, trying to stop him. But Thief was already going too quickly, and before he knew it, the dark nicheling toppled over the cliff as she tried to push the attacker out of the way. Thief stopped fighting. He felt hollow. That nicheling was important to him, he knew that, and now she was gone. The attacker gave a sneer, and brought Thief with him. Thief didn't know where they were going. The memory ended as suddenly as it started. 

Thief felt awful. Is this why he was banished and hurt by his tribe? He pushed the memory away for a second. Think about it later. He turned back to the others, all trace of anger and sadness gone from his face. 'I think we should get back to the swamp.' 

So much was happening, and Sharp was overwhelmed. He didin't like arguing. The feeling felt familiar.

"SHUT UP!" He yelled, before realizing what he said. "Crap! I didn't mean to say that!"

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Andromeda_ said:

So much was happening, and Sharp was overwhelmed. He didin't like arguing. The feeling felt familiar.

"SHUT UP!" He yelled, before realizing what he said. "Crap! I didn't mean to say that!"

Thief flinched. 'Sorry! I'm sorry!' he said quickly, shrinking back into himself. Sharp said he didn't mean to say that. 'I-It's fine. I understand. I kind of deserved that. I shouldn't have been arguing.' Thief spoke quickly, and he tried to smile, but it looked strained. 

'Listen, we should just... Let's just get the new nicheling back to the swamp.' He said, turning back to the new one. 'we're going back to the swamp, there's more nichelings there. Do you want to come? It'll be safer.' Thief asked her. He tried to appear friendly, though she probably wasn't very convinced because of all the arguments that had been going on. I'll get her to the swamp. Then I'll go and be alone. Alone. Alone. Alone. Thief thought of the words over and over again. He felt like he was pulled tight, and if one more thing happened he would snap. Why did he have to be so insufferable? He didn't blame Sharp for getting mad, of course he did. And the memory kept replaying in Thief's head, making him feel even worse. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, YourLocalStranger said:

She walked up to the nichling called Thief. "Are you sure I will go to Dukur?" She asked with a glimmer of hope in the white eyes.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Mythic said:

She walked up to the nichling called Thief. "Are you sure I will go to Dukur?" She asked with a glimmer of hope in the white eyes.

'I... Of course.' Thief smiled. 'I'm sure you were a good follower, I'm sure you'll go to him after this is all over.' Lying made him feel bad, but this nicheling needed to be reassured, needed to be told there was something more than this dark and empty landscape. And who knows, maybe she will go to Dukur. Thief didn't know himself where he would go after all this. Would he just... Stop existing? He didn't know whether he believed in any gods when he was alive. 'Do you want to go to the swamp?' 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, YourLocalStranger said:

'I... Of course.' Thief smiled. 'I'm sure you were a good follower, I'm sure you'll go to him after this is all over.' Lying made him feel bad, but this nicheling needed to be reassured, needed to be told there was something more than this dark and empty landscape. And who knows, maybe she will go to Dukur. Thief didn't know himself where he would go after all this. Would he just... Stop existing? He didn't know whether he believed in any gods when he was alive. 'Do you want to go to the swamp?' 

"Sure, it sounds fun!" She said excited. "Also, I wasn't a follower of Dukur or at least I don't remember if I was. Dukur is the god of judgement and sends you to the god you served in life just so you know." If only I could remember this much about myself guess the gods are really important to me. She thought.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mythic said:

"Sure, it sounds fun!" She said excited. "Also, I wasn't a follower of Dukur or at least I don't remember if I was. Dukur is the god of judgement and sends you to the god you served in life just so you know." If only I could remember this much about myself guess the gods are really important to me. She thought.

'Really? And which god did you follow?' he asked. He was glad the young nicheling seemed a bit less scared now. Thief turned to the others, checking if they were all ready to go back. 

• Like 1