Stray Fawn Community

Place of the forgotten ones - The third era

Lilytuft

32 minutes ago, PeanutBrittle said:

-This spirit seems to have a long snout, a fishing tail, and a deformed and nimble paw

-Despite her large size, she is still a teen

-Not sure what to think of herself

-Very kind and caring

-Eyes flash violet

55B1299B-8746-43C1-A4A6-51C1A9C46B3E.jpeg

(Welcome to the boring nightmare - and the forums!)

• Like 1
  • Eek! 1

The spirit opened her eyes and perked her head up. Where was she? As she stood up, she tried to put some weight on her left paw, but found it couldn’t touch the damp ground. Her gaze went from side to side, trying to make out what the place was. Confused, she thought it would be best to seek out someone who can tell her anything.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, PeanutBrittle said:

The spirit opened her eyes and perked her head up. Where was she? As she stood up, she tried to put some weight on her left paw, but found it couldn’t touch the damp ground. Her gaze went from side to side, trying to make out what the place was. Confused, she thought it would be best to seek out someone who can tell her anything.

Sharp thought he saw the silhouette of a new spirit, and pointed it out to the group. "I'm pretty sure that's another nicheling."

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, Andromeda_ said:

Sharp thought he saw the silhouette of a new spirit, and pointed it out to the group. "I'm pretty sure that's another nicheling."

She saw the flash of white eyes and locked gazes with them. Were they friendly? Or would she have to fight her way through this strange place.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, PeanutBrittle said:

She saw the flash of white eyes and locked gazes with them. Were they friendly? Or would she have to fight her way through this strange place.

The scarred nicheling was getting tired. She trotted over to the new nicheling. "Welcome to our dimension. Your dead now. Congratulations" she said flatly, and the striped new nicheling laughed

4 hours ago, Fox leaf said:

The scarred nicheling was getting tired. She trotted over to the new nicheling. "Welcome to our dimension. Your dead now. Congratulations" she said flatly, and the striped new nicheling laughed

Thief shot a glare at the two. He was now getting used to the fact that the familiar feeling of rage boiled in him whenever the scarred spirit opened her mouth to speak. He shouldered past both of them. 

7 hours ago, PeanutBrittle said:

'They probably broke that news not so gently.' Thief tried to make himself sound friendly. He was getting pretty good at it with the amount of nichelings showing up here. 'There's a nicheling that can explain it all very well, she's in that swamp over there. We were just about to go over. Do you want to come with us?' Thief was a small nicheling, even though he was sure that he was at least older than a teen, so he didn't look very intimidating. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Fox leaf said:

She did not process what she said

4 hours ago, YourLocalStranger said:

Thief shot a glare at the two. He was now getting used to the fact that the familiar feeling of rage boiled in him whenever the scarred spirit opened her mouth to speak. He shouldered past both of them. 

'They probably broke that news not so gently.' Thief tried to make himself sound friendly. He was getting pretty good at it with the amount of nichelings showing up here. 'There's a nicheling that can explain it all very well, she's in that swamp over there. We were just about to go over. Do you want to come with us?' Thief was a small nicheling, even though he was sure that he was at least older than a teen, so he didn't look very intimidating. 

She opened her mouth, trying to reply. The spirit just nodded, a look of fear and curiosity in her eyes

• Like 1

5 hours ago, PeanutBrittle said:

She did not process what she said

She opened her mouth, trying to reply. The spirit just nodded, a look of fear and curiosity in her eyes

"Why do you care of your so nice?" She asked, smoke scar bubbling with boredom.

The intimidating nicheling was violently nodding her head. Why did they all care?

35 minutes ago, Fox leaf said:

"Why do you care of your so nice?" She asked, smoke scar bubbling with boredom.

The intimidating nicheling was violently nodding her head. Why did they all care?

Sharp purposefully waved his stinky tail in their faces in frustration. He didn't care if he was being petty or rude, the smoke-scarred one's antics were getting on his nerves.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Andromeda_ said:

Sharp purposefully waved his stinky tail in their faces in frustration. He didn't care if he was being petty or rude, the smoke-scarred one's antics were getting on his nerves.

The smoke scarred nicheling was still having trouble understanding why they cared so much, as did the intimidating one. "Seriously. Why do you care so much?" She asked

Just now, Fox leaf said:

The smoke scarred nicheling was still having trouble understanding why they cared so much, as did the intimidating one. "Seriously. Why do you care so much?" She asked

"Caring for others is called being a kind and respectful nicheling. Maybe you should try to be one." He grumbled.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Andromeda_ said:

"Caring for others is called being a kind and respectful nicheling. Maybe you should try to be one." He grumbled.

“I’m sorry to interrupt your conversation, but where are we? … Wait am I DEAD???” She winced as she realized what the scarred nicheling had said

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, PeanutBrittle said:

“I’m sorry to interrupt your conversation, but where are we? … Wait am I DEAD???” She winced as she realized what the scarred nicheling had said

Sharp flinched. "I'm sorry and it's probably hard to process, but yes, you're dead." He said quietly.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Andromeda_ said:

Thief glanced gratefully over at Sharp. 'What he said.' Thief said, flicking his tail in Sharp's direction.

7 minutes ago, PeanutBrittle said:

“…” She didn’t know how to react “Who is this cat that can explain everything?”

'Her name is Guiding. She's been here a while, i'm sure she can answer all your questions.' He said to both the spirit that the Nervous Brother found, and to the other new one. 'Besides, we've been out on the moors for way too long, I want to see something that isn't endless nothingness.' Thief tried to joke.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, YourLocalStranger said:

Thief glanced gratefully over at Sharp. 'What he said.' Thief said, flicking his tail in Sharp's direction.

'Her name is Guiding. She's been here a while, i'm sure she can answer all your questions.' He said to both the spirit that the Nervous Brother found, and to the other new one. 'Besides, we've been out on the moors for way too long, I want to see something that isn't endless nothingness.' Thief tried to joke.

“O-ok then, I’ll follow your lead. How many of you are there?” She asked, trying to count the pairs of eyes

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, PeanutBrittle said:

“O-ok then, I’ll follow your lead. How many of you are there?” She asked, trying to count the pairs of eyes

'Uh.' Thief turned around. They had picked up quite a few nichelings, Thief wasn't really keeping track. 'Six?' he said, slightly unsure of himself. 'Here, this way.' he pointed towards where the swamp was.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, YourLocalStranger said:

'Uh.' Thief turned around. They had picked up quite a few nichelings, Thief wasn't really keeping track. 'Six?' he said, slightly unsure of himself. 'Here, this way.' he pointed towards where the swamp was.

“Hm” she looked in the direction where he pointed “Are you heading over there or should I just” she fumbled over her words

• Like 1

Just now, PeanutBrittle said:

“Hm” she looked in the direction where he pointed “Are you heading over there or should I just” she fumbled over her words

'I mean, I don't know if they're okay with going.' He pointed at the spirit the Nervous Brother found. 'But I'm going, yeah.' Thief started walking in the direction of the swamp. Or where he thought the swamp was. After all, they were still technically lost. 'On second thought, let's stay with the others until we're 100 percent sure that's the right way.' He said, trying to keep the nervousness out of his voice. He got lost once, that was enough for him. He sat down for a second, glad to give his bad paw a rest, as he squinted into the horizon, trying to see through the fog. He thought he saw a tree? 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, YourLocalStranger said:

'I mean, I don't know if they're okay with going.' He pointed at the spirit the Nervous Brother found. 'But I'm going, yeah.' Thief started walking in the direction of the swamp. Or where he thought the swamp was. After all, they were still technically lost. 'On second thought, let's stay with the others until we're 100 percent sure that's the right way.' He said, trying to keep the nervousness out of his voice. He got lost once, that was enough for him. He sat down for a second, glad to give his bad paw a rest, as he squinted into the horizon, trying to see through the fog. He thought he saw a tree? 

She blinked “ Ya I’ll just let you figure it out”

• Like 1

On 2/14/2023 at 3:51 PM, Andromeda_ said:

"Yeah." Sharp agreed. "Guiding is a much better teacher than us." He started going in the direction they saw the little nicheling go.

3 hours ago, PeanutBrittle said:

3 hours ago, Andromeda_ said:

Sharp flinched. "I'm sorry and it's probably hard to process, but yes, you're dead." He said quietly.

2 hours ago, YourLocalStranger said:

The Nervous Brother

They stayed mainly out of the conversation, keeping an eye on the spirit they had helped find. They felt that was important somehow; though Nervous Brother was happy to have found yet another spirit out here in the nothingness. They shifted uncomfortably as the scarred one scared the new spirit and argued with others, Nervous wasn't one for conflict. At least, they hadn't been for as long as they had been in this place. But what about before? The mind-flash, Reme-morie, gosh I forgot that word again, whatever, that they had about their sisters indicated that they did argue once themselves.  "Ready to go back to swamp am I," they said, mixing up their words again, "happy to have found you." They smiled at the newest found nicheling.

Newly Forgotten

They followed the shadow-lights from a distance. They didn't understand what was going on, but stayed closest to the voice they recognized, and this voice's lights pointed at them almost constantly. It was a bit unnerving, but maybe, they know my voice too! Without the constant blackouts and pounding of their head, the spirit looked around, seeing the endless shadows and almost nothing. It seemed...abnormal. Between looking around and looking at the voice they knew, the new spirit didn't hear much of the conversation. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Chiyanna said:

The Nervous Brother

They stayed mainly out of the conversation, keeping an eye on the spirit they had helped find. They felt that was important somehow; though Nervous Brother was happy to have found yet another spirit out here in the nothingness. They shifted uncomfortably as the scarred one scared the new spirit and argued with others, Nervous wasn't one for conflict. At least, they hadn't been for as long as they had been in this place. But what about before? The mind-flash, Reme-morie, gosh I forgot that word again, whatever, that they had about their sisters indicated that they did argue once themselves.  "Ready to go back to swamp am I," they said, mixing up their words again, "happy to have found you." They smiled at the newest found nicheling.

Newly Forgotten

They followed the shadow-lights from a distance. They didn't understand what was going on, but stayed closest to the voice they recognized, and this voice's lights pointed at them almost constantly. It was a bit unnerving, but maybe, they know my voice too! Without the constant blackouts and pounding of their head, the spirit looked around, seeing the endless shadows and almost nothing. It seemed...abnormal. Between looking around and looking at the voice they knew, the new spirit didn't hear much of the conversation. 

"Thanks" She said, no other words being able to come out of her mouth. She pondered to herself who these nichelings were and what they were like. She made notes in her head of them, the large one with the stinky tail seems to be the leader, there's the small one with the antlers, the one with the spikes on their back who seems to be freaking out and she thought there was one next to them, then those two that seem pretty untrustworthy in her opinion. If there were any other, they hadn't said anything. 

• Like 1

Newly Forgotten

The silhouette of this nicheling is of average size, with two runner-legs, and a swimming tail. They have antennae on top of their head, and fangs protruding from their mouth. If you look really closely at their shadow, you'll see that there are splotches that are darker than others, which may have been patterning of some sort in life. ((Feel free to make a drawing for them :) quote this post if you do!))

-Blacks out often when not around other spirits.

-Doesn't talk much yet, and tends to keep distance from others.

-Eyes flashed blue upon having a memory.

-Remembers hearing Nervous Brother's voice in life, and so follows them around incessantly.

-Only memory so far involved calling out for help across an open expanse, but nobody being able to come as Nervous Brother coughed and told her it would be alright.

• Like 1