Stray Fawn Community

Place of the forgotten ones - The third era

Lilytuft

3 hours ago, YourLocalStranger said:

(GUYS IM SORRY I WAS ASLEEP) 

@Liljatonttu

The spirit had finally reached the trees. He had heard someone talking on the way here, but decided to avoid them. He heard shrieking, and couldn't figure out if it was from happiness or fear. He grumbled to himself. His paw hurt from all that walking. 

He suddenly stopped short. The silhouette of someone stood there, looking around. He could just turn around and go back the way he had came... But no. Maybe this person would be friendly? 

'Hello?' he called out. He limped forward, a nervous smile on his face. 'Who are you?' 

Guiding spun around, startled by the unfamiliar voice.

-Oh, hello. Sorry, I was looking for someone and to be honest I wasn't expecting to find anyone else. They used to call me "the guiding spirit".

She took a deep breath to let out her surprise and frustration and then continued:

-I... suppose you must be very confused

10 hours ago, Chiyanna said:

The spirit blinked. It seemed the lights were trying to communicate something. And...looking at them closely now a type of shadow appeared to be attached to them. 

A shadow? A shadow with light? That doesn't seem right. Of course this whole place is so...dark. The spirit suddenly shivered and looked around,  "So dark." They paused, their thoughts had come out of them through sound. Communication. Talk. And that's what the shadow is doing. 

(Sorry for taking forever again)

"Yes, yes, it's dark here. But you'll get used to it. Come on now, follow me, I can help you, but not if we stay here" he responded, trying to keep the spirit's attention. He'd been on the other side of this situation, but the memories of it were too foggy to be of any use now. Words had helped him then, even if he'd forgotten what they meant. And this spirit was speaking - sort of. That had to be a good sign, right?

1 hour ago, Liljatonttu said:

Guiding spun around, startled by the unfamiliar voice.

-Oh, hello. Sorry, I was looking for someone and to be honest I wasn't expecting to find anyone else. They used to call me "the guiding spirit".

She took a deep breath to let out her surprise and frustration and then continued:

-I... suppose you must be very confused

'Well, hello then guiding spirit. And I think confused is an understatement!' he laughed. In truth, laughing was the last thing he felt like doing, but he had to keep his spirits up! Somehow. 

'If you're a guiding spirit then... Do you know where we are? Because I'd like to get back home.' He asked hopefully. 'And figure out what home is like. If I even had one...' He mumbled that last part under his breath. He sat down, glad to give his paw a rest. For a crazy moment, he wondered if everyone here had a limp like that, but guiding seemed to be walking fine, so it must be just him. 

'And who are you looking for? Maybe I can help!' he smiled, before he realized guiding probably couldn't see the smile. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Liljatonttu said:

(Sorry for taking forever again)

"Yes, yes, it's dark here. But you'll get used to it. Come on now, follow me, I can help you, but not if we stay here" he responded, trying to keep the spirit's attention. He'd been on the other side of this situation, but the memories of it were too foggy to be of any use now. Words had helped him then, even if he'd forgotten what they meant. And this spirit was speaking - sort of. That had to be a good sign, right?

53 minutes ago, AndromedaTheGalaxyCat said:

(@Liljatonttu) The spirit trotted back to Fangs and the other nicheling. "Did you see another spirit with wings flying off? I'm trying to find them." She asked as she approached.

(It's fine,  I was sleeping too lol. Also assuming at this time my nicheling can't really see silhouettes very well in the fog,  correct me if wrong) 

They saw another shadow approaching as the first one communicated. The word 'help' shot through their mind, and seeing a shadowy shape at the end of the shadows paw, they yelped and jumped back,  growling. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Chiyanna said:

(It's fine,  I was sleeping too lol. Also assuming at this time my nicheling can't really see silhouettes very well in the fog,  correct me if wrong) 

They saw another shadow approaching as the first one communicated. The word 'help' shot through their mind, and seeing a shadowy shape at the end of the shadows paw, they yelped and jumped back,  growling. 

"Don't worry, I'm not hostile." She said softly. "By any chance did you see a bat-winged creature fly off?"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AndromedaTheGalaxyCat said:

"Don't worry, I'm not hostile." She said softly. "By any chance did you see a bat-winged creature fly off?"

When the spirit heard 'fly' they blurted, "Bird! You mean a bird? Did it steal your baby?" The spirit couldn't really remember what these words meant. Only that someone had once warned him such a thing could happen. Birds with wings that could fly would swoop down and take babies that were left unattended. This seemed important somehow, but why?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Chiyanna said:

When the spirit heard 'fly' they blurted, "Bird! You mean a bird? Did it steal your baby?" The spirit couldn't really remember what these words meant. Only that someone had once warned him such a thing could happen. Birds with wings that could fly would swoop down and take babies that were left unattended. This seemed important somehow, but why?

"No..." 

Suddenly another flash of memory.... 

Her (the spirit) laying on her side as 3 newborn kits (i call baby nichelings kits) suckled. Dari stood next to her. 

"They're beautiful." He smiled. 

The flashback faded away. 

"Babies...I had babies...." She said, upset. She realized what she said. "Oops! Sorry, it was nothing." 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, AndromedaTheGalaxyCat said:

"No..." 

Her (the spirit) laying on her side as 3 newborn kits (i call baby nichelings kits) suckled. Dari stood next to her. 

"Babies...I had babies...." She said, upset. She realized what she said. "Oops! Sorry, it was nothing." 

(Waiting for @Liljatonttu to reply, I think maybe they would right about now. Unless you want me to respond right away without giving her a chance) 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, lizardcake said:

(GRR I WAS ASLEEP)

she started to like this spirit, unlike the one who SLAMMED HER INTO A FRICKING TREE.

she mumbled something under her breath that sounded vaguely like "thanks."

“ can’t believe they would just randomly do that”they were checking if they were hurt

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, AndromedaTheGalaxyCat said:

"No..." 

That look in the shadow's white lights...a look of happiness? Comfort? It made the spirit sad, somehow, but they didn't know why. Their...communication, their talk that came out of their mouth touched something in the spirit deep inside. Instead of trying communicate this, this no non-understandable feel, the spirit blurted out an obvious observation, "Your noise, your talk is higher than mine." 

Was that it?  Had the difference in her pitch reminded the spirit of something? Or was it the way she talked of babies, and that look in her...lights? The spirit knew they were called something...different. He bad seen them before in a different...place. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Chiyanna said:

That look in the shadow's white lights...a look of happiness? Comfort? It made the spirit sad, somehow, but they didn't know why. Their...communication, their talk that came out of their mouth touched something in the spirit deep inside. Instead of trying communicate this, this no non-understandable feel, the spirit blurted out an obvious observation, "Your noise, your talk is higher than mine." 

Was that it?  Had the difference in her pitch reminded the spirit of something? Or was it the way she talked of babies, and that look in her...lights? The spirit knew they were called something...different. He bad seen them before in a different...place. 

The spirit noticed the look of happiness in the other's eyes. She smiled. "Don't worry, I don't think my babies were stolen by birds. Do you have a nickname yet?" She asked. I wonder what they're thinking.... She thought to herself.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, lizardcake said:

(GRR I WAS ASLEEP)

she started to like this spirit, unlike the one who SLAMMED HER INTO A FRICKING TREE.

she mumbled something under her breath that sounded vaguely like "thanks."

(i’m so sorry it took me a while to answer)

7 minutes ago, AndromedaTheGalaxyCat said:

The spirit noticed the look of happiness in the other's eyes. She smiled. "Don't worry, I don't think my babies were stolen by birds. Do you have a nickname yet?" She asked. I wonder what they're thinking.... She thought to herself.

"Nick, name? Name? N-no. I don't know." They scoured their ...inner conversation, their mind, their anything. No trace of a name. Name is who you are, or what everyone knows you by. No trace of who I am. No trace of anything! "Why no name? Why can't I...think?  Know?"

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Chiyanna said:

"Nick, name? Name? N-no. I don't know." They scoured their ...inner conversation, their mind, their anything. No trace of a name. Name is who you are, or what everyone knows you by. No trace of who I am. No trace of anything! "Why no name? Why can't I...think?  Know?"

"No one here knows their name besides Fangs and Guiding. It's alright." She said. I need to be as charismatic as I can. Just like Dari.... 

"I don't remember my name either, but another nicheling called me Quacktail, so I guess you can call me that."

• Like 1

1 hour ago, AndromedaTheGalaxyCat said:

"No one here knows their name besides Fangs and Guiding. It's alright." She said. I need to be as charismatic as I can. Just like Dari.... 

"I don't remember my name either, but another nicheling called me Quacktail, so I guess you can call me that."

"O-O, K" said the spirit. "You do have the tail for swimming. That's rather important because-well,  uh, I don't know why." But it really does feel important...

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Chiyanna said:

"O-O, K" said the spirit. "You do have the tail for swimming. That's rather important because-well,  uh, I don't know why." But it really does feel important...

"I guess it is. I remember loving the ocean and coming from a tribe of creatures with similar builds. You could never keep me away from water."

• Like 1

Just now, Fox leaf said:

The spirit found herself slowly edging towards the place where she left Quacktail sleeping, then she realized she had to fly over it. She did it quickly, and spotted her 'friend'

She looked up and noticed her. She waved. "Hi!"

• Like 1