Stray Fawn Community

CosmicChaos21's Homethread, where I'll talk about whatever Im obsessed with at the moment

CosmicChaos21

34 minutes ago, CosmicChaos21 said:

I'm kinda taking a break from writing for my playthroughs but don't worry they'll still be written sometime! I just felt a bit burnt out and didn't want to give y'all worse plot and stories so yeah.

Anyways onto another topic.

So about 2 weeks ago(?) I decided to start a bit more of a long term project and it is to do with niche stuff so I thought y'all would be interested in knowing about it. So I decided to actually plot out and outline a story (A rarity because usually I just wing it and hope for the best-) that is about some nichelings I found while messing around with the nicheling explorer! And not only that but the goal is 10,000 words or more so it's gonna be huge! Anyways I'm only about 871 words in, but that's because I'm trying to make it flow a bit better, but no guarantees. So anyways since I wouldn't want to spoil anything I won't be talking about anything plot related, but I can give y'all the title!

~A Tale of the Split Between the Stars and the Earth~

That sounds like a cool project! Good luck on making it (can I read it when you're done pls-) 

• 2 weeks later...
On 2/23/2023 at 4:25 AM, YourLocalStranger said:

That sounds like a cool project! Good luck on making it (can I read it when you're done pls-) 

Of course! I'm probably gonna post it anyways honestly so I'm sure you'll get to see it! It will probably take a while though considering my motivation is a bit inconsistent, so could takes months to complete, but if you're fine with that then you'll see it sometime!

• Paw up 1

7 minutes ago, CosmicChaos21 said:

On the note of that writing project anyone got any good songs for when you're writing? Music usually makes my motivation flow easier so any recommendations would be appreciated y'all!

Literally all the music I listen to is msm related

I need help

• Like 1
  • Paw up 1

16 hours ago, CosmicChaos21 said:

On the note of that writing project anyone got any good songs for when you're writing? Music usually makes my motivation flow easier so any recommendations would be appreciated y'all!

I'm so sorry but my music taste is a mashup of everything, it's an abomination, my playlist is 24 hours long I can't help you

• Paw up 1

• 6 months later...

Hello everyone,

I'll be making a new niche playthrough soon but this time I wanted to make really detailed character sheets so if I take a random break I'll come back with a better idea of their personality. And man I am in pain filling these sheets but I know it'll be worth it. For reference I'll put the sheet template below(And so if y'all wanna use it for your own playthroughs you can :3)(Yes I am doing this for each character-)

FORM/TEMPLATE:

-NAME-

-GENDER-

-ORIENTATION-

Basic: (Just put their trait(s))

OUTSIDE OF PACK(General, but can differ depending on past interactions/events):

Reaction towards strangers/acquaintances: 

Reaction towards friends: 

Reaction towards family/considered family: 

Reaction towards romantic interests: 

Reaction towards partner(s):

PACKMATES(General, but can differ depending on past interactions/events):

Reaction towards strangers/acquaintances: 

Reaction towards friends: 

Reaction towards family/considered family: 

Reaction towards romantic interests: 

Reaction towards partner(s):

Family (Specify exactly how and if biological or adoptive)

Important events: (Specify if good/bad and exactly how much from 1-10(Also specify how it affected them))

Favorite place (if applicable)

Likes/Dislikes: (Optional but good for depth)

Misc: (Habits/fidgets/stuff that fits into none of the other categories)

• Paw up 1

• 2 months later...

Hello everyone! So first off I've been using rainworld's arena mode to try and get better at fighting, I am improving at beating up scavs (In preparation because I may still be on survivor's playthrough but I need to get better for my inevitable artificer playthrough-) Turns out that the strategy of 'hide in a tunnel and wait for them to get close before snatching the items out of their hands' is pretty effective! Nothing funnier than snatching the explosive spear from their own hands-

Also just for fun these are the games I'm currently hyperfixated on :3 (Talk to me about them if you'd like)

-Rainworld

-Wolfquest AE(Anniversery Edition)

-Slime Rancher 2

-Niche

-The Sapling

-Fish Game   (Yes that's literally what it's called, it's basically just taking care of fish and designing their aquariums :3)

1 hour ago, CosmicChaos21 said:

Hello everyone! So first off I've been using rainworld's arena mode to try and get better at fighting, I am improving at beating up scavs (In preparation because I may still be on survivor's playthrough but I need to get better for my inevitable artificer playthrough-) Turns out that the strategy of 'hide in a tunnel and wait for them to get close before snatching the items out of their hands' is pretty effective! Nothing funnier than snatching the explosive spear from their own hands-

Also just for fun these are the games I'm currently hyperfixated on :3 (Talk to me about them if you'd like)

-Rainworld

-Wolfquest AE(Anniversery Edition)

-Slime Rancher 2

-Niche

-The Sapling

-Fish Game   (Yes that's literally what it's called, it's basically just taking care of fish and designing their aquariums :3)

I've also become obbsessed with SR2, I got it recently and it's yummy

2 hours ago, BirbMonster said:

Can't decide between flutter and angler

Yeah those two are super pretty so I get it.

2 hours ago, BirbMonster said:

I got flutter-honeys on my ranch the combination fits so well

Huh I'm gonna see what that looks like soon hopefully- I haven't found any flutters yet but maybe they're just on a part of the map I haven't gotten to yet. Because I have like 1 map node unlocked for the Starlight Strand so I probably haven't seen it in game yet. But I do know what they look like and I already love them because monarchs are my favorite type of butterfly!

11 hours ago, CosmicChaos21 said:

Yeah those two are super pretty so I get it.

Huh I'm gonna see what that looks like soon hopefully- I haven't found any flutters yet but maybe they're just on a part of the map I haven't gotten to yet. Because I have like 1 map node unlocked for the Starlight Strand so I probably haven't seen it in game yet. But I do know what they look like and I already love them because monarchs are my favorite type of butterfly!

14 hours ago, BirbMonster said:

I got flutter-honeys on my ranch the combination fits so well

I also have pink-cottons and crystal-batties

There's also a cotton-batty that lives in my lab. My sister really likes bats and rabbits, so she wanted me to make one but I didn't know what to do with it so it's my lab buddy now

3 hours ago, BirbMonster said:

I also have pink-cottons and crystal-batties

There's also a cotton-batty that lives in my lab. My sister really likes bats and rabbits, so she wanted me to make one but I didn't know what to do with it so it's my lab buddy now

Crystal-batties sound really pretty now that I think about it! Also we both have pink-cottons apparently- Also the lab buddy is cute :3

Also do ya have any recommendations for what to mix a tangle slime with? I have one and I have no clue what to mix it with, currently I have honey-rocks, pink-cottons, phosphor-tabbies, and angler-hunters (I'd honestly prefer a reccomendation of a slime I don't have on my farm yet but honestly I just really need help with this one-)

2 minutes ago, CosmicChaos21 said:

Crystal-batties sound really pretty now that I think about it! Also we both have pink-cottons apparently- Also the lab buddy is cute :3

Also do ya have any recommendations for what to mix a tangle slime with? I have one and I have no clue what to mix it with, currently I have honey-rocks, pink-cottons, phosphor-tabbies, and angler-hunters (I'd honestly prefer a reccomendation of a slime I don't have on my farm yet but honestly I just really need help with this one-)

I think tangle-flutters would be neat once you find flutter slimes. Flower butterflies :3

1 hour ago, BirbMonster said:

I think tangle-flutters would be neat once you find flutter slimes. Flower butterflies :3

I have found flutter slimes so I can do that now! And I also got ember valley so I have even more slimes now! Also I now have flutter-ringtail slimes which look really cute! Now all I need is to find dervish slimes- But I have to wait until the cyclone weather comes around.

Also what's your top three favorite slimes ever? Mine are, in no particular order, hunter, dervish, and ringtail

• Eek! 1

I feel like my wolf Dune is cursed or something- First off both his litter were only 2 pups, which is odd considering that him and his mate are not 1 star diversity and have 'gray' coats, and on top of that both of the litters have had one of the pups get snatched by an eagle! (floppy eared wolf is Dune, the white wolf is his mate Frostbite, and the pup is named Desert!)

Screenshot_20231209_052521_762.thumb.png.ac270e7c44bc056e79f1fe3030d8bb2b.png

• Sad 1

THE CURSE HAS BEEN BROKEN THEY HAD A LITTER OF 3 PUPS! Also yes Desert lived to adulthood so perhaps I'll do a playthrough with him, though idk where I'd put it- Maybe make a new thread in off topic for wolfquest playthroughs and stuff.

Anyways the names are Sandstorm, Twig, and Decay(for decaying leaves) the lightest brown one is Sandstorm and I think the one furthest to the left is Decay while the one furthest to the right is Twig.

Also for desert should I make an accurate mode playthrough for extra fun and pain?

Screenshot_20231216_082436_510.thumb.png.b7f6ce448a216ab85ee655636834f01a.png

• Love 1

5 hours ago, CosmicChaos21 said:

THE CURSE HAS BEEN BROKEN THEY HAD A LITTER OF 3 PUPS! Also yes Desert lived to adulthood so perhaps I'll do a playthrough with him, though idk where I'd put it- Maybe make a new thread in off topic for wolfquest playthroughs and stuff.

Anyways the names are Sandstorm, Twig, and Decay(for decaying leaves) the lightest brown one is Sandstorm and I think the one furthest to the left is Decay while the one furthest to the right is Twig.

Also for desert should I make an accurate mode playthrough for extra fun and pain?

Screenshot_20231216_082436_510.thumb.png.b7f6ce448a216ab85ee655636834f01a.png

You should, accurate is so fun I play it all the time! 👍

(Saveyourselfsaveyourselfsaveyourselfsaveyourself)

2 hours ago, Stranger said:

You should, accurate is so fun I play it all the time! 👍

(Saveyourselfsaveyourselfsaveyourselfsaveyourself)

Yeah it's super exciting and totally not free suffering!

(Too bad you're far too late for that- I've played accurate ironwolf, though that's not to say it goes well. I love playing accurate (I-am-in-pain))

(I will though, welp I'll make that new thread sometime tomorrow-)

• Paw up 1

4 hours ago, CosmicChaos21 said:

Currently writing up a brand new niche playthrough that should be done in about 1-4 hours (Depending on how distracted I am and how much ideas I have-) so if you're interested keep an eye out for that!

A small hint: It's gonna have ranks and royalty type of stuff!

I was actually thinking myself about making a playthrough with royalty as the leader less than a week ago wow-

Also I really want to work on a playthrough right now but I've been kinda interested in other games for a while now, so it's kinda tough choosing what to do 😭. I love reading your playthroughs tho because your writing is really good and you're like the only person on the forums making playthroughs right now, so hopefully I will get motivated 👍

53 minutes ago, Stranger said:

I was actually thinking myself about making a playthrough with royalty as the leader less than a week ago wow-

Also I really want to work on a playthrough right now but I've been kinda interested in other games for a while now, so it's kinda tough choosing what to do 😭. I love reading your playthroughs tho because your writing is really good and you're like the only person on the forums making playthroughs right now, so hopefully I will get motivated 👍

We're on the same wavelength apparently-

That's honestly fair, motivation can be really really tough to find sometimes(I mean look at me, I occasionally drop off the face of the forums for like 1-6 months because I lack the motivation to make more story) All I can say is if you can't think of story ideas use a random plot or even random word generator to try and generate ideas. But if you're just bored of the game itself at the moment than I can't really give too much advice, sometimes ya just gotta wait out the boredom.

Also thank you! Always nice to hear someone say they enjoy my writing/say my writing is good, always completely makes my day!

(I'm still working on that new playthrough btw but I made the mistake of 'watching youtube for just a few videos' and ended up completely forgetting lol)

• Paw up 1