Stray Fawn Community

Birb’s homethread (V2) where I scream into the endless void of eternal agony

BirbMonstwo

I have more things to say. Tiny little bit of a vent?

For various reasons, I can’t hide it anymore. I need to come out to my parents. As far as I know, my dad’s not homophobic. We watched Strange World in the cinema and he didn’t comment on the gay protagonist at all. But I’m still concerned as to what they’ll both think when they know I am. 
My slightly weird plan for this is that I’ll write them a note. I’ll ask if they’ll love me no matter what. I’ll write that I have something to tell them, and ask if they will listen and still be my parents, no matter what it is. 

If I put the note where they can see it, they will ask me about it. And when I do, I’ll tell them. In person. 
I’m trying to reassure myself that I can do this. I’m still not sure. My heart is racing.

54 minutes ago, BirbMonster2 said:

I have more things to say. Tiny little bit of a vent?

For various reasons, I can’t hide it anymore. I need to come out to my parents. As far as I know, my dad’s not homophobic. We watched Strange World in the cinema and he didn’t comment on the gay protagonist at all. But I’m still concerned as to what they’ll both think when they know I am. 
My slightly weird plan for this is that I’ll write them a note. I’ll ask if they’ll love me no matter what. I’ll write that I have something to tell them, and ask if they will listen and still be my parents, no matter what it is. 

If I put the note where they can see it, they will ask me about it. And when I do, I’ll tell them. In person. 
I’m trying to reassure myself that I can do this. I’m still not sure. My heart is racing.

Changed things up a bit. The whole thing is a letter now. 

It’s done, finally. 
Not at all bothered to translate this to English. It’s getting late, I should just sleep.

If you understand Polish, read it if you can actually see the writing. I used “Birdie” instead of my real name. It’ll be folded in half along the line. They’ll recognise my handwriting. 
Goodnight, everyone. See you soon, however this turns out.

50736871-384C-4076-B436-ADDFA6941F1F.thumb.jpeg.60da555c64f8495b684bef187ff2c7b9.jpeg

Units of temperature measurement ranked by convenience:

1: Celsius, uses water as a basis and is nice

2: Kelvins, starts at absolute zero so you don’t have to bother with negatives. Gets a little inconvenient for just average daily temperatures, (and only nerds use it /hj)

3: Farenheight: THE HECK IS EVEN-

Draw characters with different size eyes than usual and a neutrally positioned mouth to convey different 3 am moods!

Draw too big eyes to look like they’ve been living off energy drinks to stay awake and just had the most ridiculous thought 

Draw too small eyes for them to look like they just can’t sleep

46 minutes ago, BirbMonster2 said:

It’s done, finally. 
Not at all bothered to translate this to English. It’s getting late, I should just sleep.

If you understand Polish, read it if you can actually see the writing. I used “Birdie” instead of my real name. It’ll be folded in half along the line. They’ll recognise my handwriting. 

50736871-384C-4076-B436-ADDFA6941F1F.thumb.jpeg.60da555c64f8495b684bef187ff2c7b9.jpeg

translated for non-polish people so they don't have to type it all into google translate:

"hi mom and dad,

(please read this letter together)

(but not aloud to the entire family)

for a really long time, i've been hiding something. i always thought i would say it at the right moment. but i can't wait anymore.

before you read this, promise me something.

promise you'll still love me. promise your opinion of me won't change just because of this.

other kids were even thrown out of their homes because they told their parents something similar.

please don't do that. please still love me.

if you promise you will, you can flip this paper.

NO BAD (or angry? i can't tell) PARENTS BEYOND THIS LINE

i'm a lesbian.

if you haven't heard this word before, it means i just love girls and not boys.

on earth, there are other people like me. thousands of people on earth were rejected for these things. just because they loved differently. loving someone of the same gender is like being left-handed. of course it's less common. but it's not better or worse. just different.

you've accepted me before and the ways i'm different. please do the same now.

thank you for letting the birb out."

uhhh what to add

i wish you good luck with the parent thing

i haven't told mine i'm aroace yet, not because i'm nervous, but because a) i'm still not entirely sure and b) i don't really feel the need to? they probably already know anyways, just not under that name.

also get off here and sleep. read a book or something. just stop blasting light into your eyes. i really should do that too

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BirbMonster2 said:

It’s done, finally. 

good luck with coming out, i hope your parents accept you for who you are 

and if they don't i'll consider hunting them down

• Like 1
  • Paw up 1

1 hour ago, BirbMonster2 said:

Hi

Got back from school today

Parents haven’t said anything

May be because my little sister’s friend is over 

i sincerely wish you luck, you're very brave to be doing this 

i believe in you, buddy ❤️ /gen

• Thanks 1