Stray Fawn Community

An OC story- The Tales of Tiberius

BirbMonster

A few years had passed since Geode’s sacrifice.

Tiberius missed his mother a lot. He wished it didn’t have to go that way, but perhaps her death was worth it for the greater good it brought.

Suddenly, he heard footsteps behind him.

He turned around, and it was just Scorch. Now that Stalagmite was gone, she still wore his old ring as a bracelet. Fire Haven was on good terms with the cavern Trings now. It was very unlikely some other villain would come because of it. He knew that in just a few generations, though he wouldn’t live to see it, they would fall into obscure legend once more. 

“Hi Tiberius,”

He grumbled a little. He wanted to be alone right now.

“What is it?”

“I wanted to invite you to my birthday party. I’m only inviting the monsters I’m close with and you’re one of them,”

“Hmf. How old are you turning this time?”

“21,”

“TWEN-“ he calmed down a bit. “21 already, huh?”

“Yeah… of course. Is.. there something wrong?”

“That makes me around… seventy-something?” He sighed, slumping across the ground. “Maybe you and all those others have been right. Maybe I should retire…”

The party had long since finished a few days ago, and Tiberius was ready to make his announcement.

All those monsters below him, waiting for what was being announced. 

“Good evening, everyone,” he announced solemnly. “As you all know, I’ve been getting a bit old lately. I’ve been growing weak, tired, and some said I was grumpy and distant,”

The crowd waited with bated breath. Anyone with a brain would know what he wanted to say by now.

“Which is why I have made my decision to step down from my days as leader. Goodbye,”

“Wait! Tiberius!” A young Shrubb cried out. “Who can be leader now?”

“Do you really need one? Most of history has been without someone like me,”

“You’re forgetting that most of these monsters have only ever known you,” Raptor whispered next to him. “It’s going to take months, years even, of adjustment,”

“It will all be ok,” Tiberius said. “I will help you in the first few months leaderless. And once you’re ready, I can simply become another resident of the castle again,”

Raptor stepped down from his rock, standing up in front of the crowd as if he was simply a part of it. “Guess this means I am an advisor no more,” 

He cleared his voice. “Whatever happens, we will remember you, Tiberius! Our leader, our hero, our friend!”

Ok so… wow. Last chapter, huh? Wasn’t expecting to get this far. I’d thought I’d get like, 3 or 4 chapters in then forget this existed.

But I’ve managed! This is the first chapter-based story I’ve managed to finish.  
Thank you everyone who’s been actually reading this, even if you’re just one of those guests popping in randomly. 

• Love 2