Stray Fawn Community

Split Paths

Cloude

New playthrough!! Yay!! Trying to plan in advance with this one- get a whole island's worth ready then start posting, y'know?

But!! Would like to put a small GORE WARNING on this message, for some future events! Because I can be very brutal with my characters ❤️

• Like 1
  • Paw up 1

Quiet mewling could be heard beneath the tree of the jungle ports, a young cub with his mother behind the noise. The mother, Reason, had been sleeping, while the cub was trying to call out for his father, who quickly lay a paw on his head to calm him down.

The cub’s head was barely large enough to hold the paw, so Rhyme was careful not to crush him with it. He’d even try to lift his paw away, to which the cub would snap back with a yowl to get the paw to return.

“Feisty one, aren’t you?” He’d chuckle softly, before carefully laying beside the two. He loved them, very dearly, but had to stay on-guard. He wasn’t sure what they were to expect from the new island. The cub would slowly drift off to sleep, though.

2023-01-21.png

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Woodland and Fairytale had been talking, admiring the cub in the nest with Woodland, but soon came a low growling.

Fairytale’s shackles would raise as soon as he caught sight of the source, and he quickly made an attempt to pull Woodland away from it, which would have left the cub to the bearyena hovering above her if she’d let herself move. Instead, she took the blow of a bite to her antlers.

“Move!! You’re going to get hurt!” Fairytale would scream, his tail raised high as he began to back towards the tree. Woodland scoffed, planting herself sturdily over the cub as she raised her bearyena’s claw for a devastating attack on the beast, ultimately killing it in the next hit.

Fairytale watched in horror, flinching when his mate glared to him.

“We protect cubs at all costs.” She’d state rather simply, though the undertone of anger that emanated as she spoke was enough to turn one’s fur white with fear.

2023-01-21 (1).png

• Like 4

Just now, Cloude said:

Woodland and Fairytale had been talking, admiring the cub in the nest with Woodland, but soon came a low growling.

Fairytale’s shackles would raise as soon as he caught sight of the source, and he quickly made an attempt to pull Woodland away from it, which would have left the cub to the bearyena hovering above her if she’d let herself move. Instead, she took the blow of a bite to her antlers.

“Move!! You’re going to get hurt!” Fairytale would scream, his tail raised high as he began to back towards the tree. Woodland scoffed, planting herself sturdily over the cub as she raised her bearyena’s claw for a devastating attack on the beast, ultimately killing it in the next hit.

Fairytale watched in horror, flinching when his mate glared to him.

“We protect cubs at all costs.” She’d state rather simply, though the undertone of anger that emanated as she spoke was enough to turn one’s fur white with fear.

2023-01-21 (1).png

IGNORE MOOD IN THE CORNER SHE'S OF LITTLE IMPORTANCE HERE 😭

• Paw up 1

Solar stared down at the sickly, sneezing cub between her paws. She was revolted, refusing to believe that she’d spawn something so gross. They were getting snot everywhere. Bloodmoon was nothing like this when she was a cub, why was this one having trouble breathing? Maybe it’d be easier to crush the poor thing to put it out of it’s misery.

Though, shuffling in the grass next to her snapped her out of those thoughts. She’d look up to her eldest, Bloodmoon, who had rolled over in her sleep. She had to check with Season anyways before making such a bold decision, though Bloodmoon has had no trouble cuddling up next to the nest, even while knowing the cub would cough on her.

On one paw, she respected the bravery. On the other paw, she hated it. How could she be indifferent towards the disgusting habits of this cub? The more she thought, the more she wracked her brain trying to decide, the more she’d wear herself out, and eventually exhaustion came over her, triggered by her own thoughts.

2023-01-21 (3).png

• Like 4

Fantasy stared ahead nervously, dramatically wincing back at the tension in the air. Not the love-type tension, no, this was anger. Frustration. She could see it all over their faces, and she almost felt bad for the sickly cub caught in the middle of it all.

“Why do you still have that thing? It’s going to infect you!” Fairytale spat, his tail lashing through the air behind him as he paced back and forth next to the tree.

His mate simply glared, holding the newborn close, despite all the coughing and wheezing.

“Please, I’m just trying to take care of you! That baby’s going to hurt you, even if that’s not its intention. It’s better to let go now than to get attached!” He’d try to reason, trying to get her to move away from the cub. Still, she’d just glare.

Fantasy would make an attempt to speak, but was quickly shut down with a look of annoyance from her father.

She stared at him, then to her mother and the cub, before dejectedly going back to her attempt to shake the tree loose of its acorns.

2023-01-21 (4).png

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

The next day, when Fairytale was busy, Fantasy would try to confront her mother, who was expectant yet again.

“Hey, ma?” She’s question, her attempt to grab her mother’s attention working as the nicheling turned her head.

“Why didn’t you listen to pa? Isn’t Little Red going to get you sick?” She’d ask, tilting her head a bit towards the tree.

Her mother sighed, gave a tired look between the two foals, then gave a forced smile.

“She will, but it’s important, as her family, to be there for her. If we leave her behind, we’re no better than the goldleech.” She had given her best effort to explain, and Fantasy took a moment to register this information, before looking to her sister. “Can we just call her Red? Maybe she’ll get bigger than us from our love! She won’t have to be all small from the sickness!”

Her mother would smile, genuinely this time, and lightly poked her nose against the child’s. “Of course. Just be aware that we’ll have to give her more space than us. Once she’s able to survive the birds, of course.”

The child nodded, and the two sat together talking for a little while longer.

2023-01-21 (5).png

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Just now, takoyamaaaS said:

flower😱😱😱😱😱😱😱 yesterday i was just wondeirng where you were okg 

ALSO KY ART ISNT GHAT BAD ANYMORE I PROMISE i know the last time you saw it was (when was it probably in 2021 idk) but its DLIGHTLY BETTER

Just now, takoyamaaaS said:

ALSO KY ART ISNT GHAT BAD ANYMORE I PROMISE i know the last time you saw it was (when was it probably in 2021 idk) but its DLIGHTLY BETTER

((HIIIII THATS SO COOL IM PROUD OF U ALTHOUGH UR ART WAS NEVER BAD >:(())

4 hours ago, YourLocalStranger said:

Also you don't mind If I react to your posts one by one? (if you do then I'll stop) 

I don't mind!! I actually love when that happens, reminds me that people see it LOL

I just love feedback in general : D

3 hours ago, flower said:

shes very important to me ❤️

This quote will go down in history, and you will regret it. : ) /lh

• Like 2
  • Sad 1
  • Paw up 1

3 hours ago, flower said:

shes very important to me ❤️

1 minute ago, Cloude said:

ME WHEN IT'S ACTUALLY THE NEXT POST AND I DID NOT REALIZE IT

• Eek! 1

Confidence, the spotty young foal, looked down towards the newborn litter with eyes full of curiosity. Mood would stare at her, a bit unsettled, before staring uncertainly down at the new cubs. Confidence lightly nudged her nose to their paws, to which they’d start mewling rather loudly, causing a headache from their mother.

“Stop that, you’ll make them whine. Let them sleep, it’s better that way.” She’d state.

And as Mood picked up the newborn gal, Confidence would watch in confusion. When her mother started lowering the cub into the water, where it wouldn’t be able to breathe, she panicked.

“What are you doing?!” She almost yelled, and as soon as her mother dropped the cub, she’d scoop it up herself to bring it closer.

“Let go, she’s sickly. It’s a bad omen, shown by the skull on her face.”

Confidence looked down to the cub again, confused by what she meant when she mentioned the skull. It took her a bit, but she realized it was the pink on the cub’s face. She’d huff, though, and turn the other way, holding the cub close.

2023-01-21 (6).png

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

10 minutes ago, Cloude said:

I don't mind!! I actually love when that happens, reminds me that people see it LOL

I just love feedback in general : D

WHAT DID I DO

Fairytale came back in the morning to see the next cub, fully healthy and strong, and gave a big smile. He attempted to approach, but he’d quickly receive a hiss from his mate. He gave a confused look, before noticing the sickly child still cuddled up next to her as well.

He gave a loud hiss right back, before scowling.

“What’s wrong with you? Why is it still here?”

Red would frown, burying her head into her mother’s fur as she snapped back at him. She is my daughter, and she is staying with me.”

“Whatever, at least get her away from the cub!” He’d snarl, squinting his eyes a bit to make sure the newborn didn’t have snot on it from the other foal.

He’d take another step forward, only for Fantasy to jump between them and him, a look of anger in her small little eyes.

“Get away! We don’t want you!” She hissed, but when he instinctively raised a paw out of fear, Woodland quickly jumped over the kid to knock him back into the nearby stream. Fantasy had filled with fear from that single movement, when his paw went up, claws out. She quickly turned, cuddled close to her sisters, and stared while the older nichelings stared at each other with rage circling their bodies.

2023-01-21 (7).png

• Like 3

Just now, Cloude said:

Fairytale came back in the morning to see the next cub, fully healthy and strong, and gave a big smile. He attempted to approach, but he’d quickly receive a hiss from his mate. He gave a confused look, before noticing the sickly child still cuddled up next to her as well.

He gave a loud hiss right back, before scowling.

“What’s wrong with you? Why is it still here?”

Red would frown, burying her head into her mother’s fur as she snapped back at him. She is my daughter, and she is staying with me.”

“Whatever, at least get her away from the cub!” He’d snarl, squinting his eyes a bit to make sure the newborn didn’t have snot on it from the other foal.

He’d take another step forward, only for Fantasy to jump between them and him, a look of anger in her small little eyes.

“Get away! We don’t want you!” She hissed, but when he instinctively raised a paw out of fear, Woodland quickly jumped over the kid to knock him back into the nearby stream. Fantasy had filled with fear from that single movement, when his paw went up, claws out. She quickly turned, cuddled close to her sisters, and stared while the older nichelings stared at each other with rage circling their bodies.

2023-01-21 (7).png

Again, ignore the herbo in the corner

Crescent, wheezing as she approached, came over to sit next to her father as the others spoke in the distance amongst each other. He gave her one look over, not giving her a chance to speak since he already had her answer. “You want to help. Eat these first, you need strength in you to crack acorns.” He’d state, plucking some of the nearby poison berries and holding them out to her.

She eagerly nodded, downing the berries with a large smile. She was ready to help! But, the moment she felt heat in her throat, she knew something was wrong. He began to back away with a small smile, teasingly motioning towards the tree as she began to cough up maroon-tinted berry juice. Her whole body ached as she coughed what remained of the berries out onto the grass, everything spinning as she looked up to her father in confusion.

Was that her, or the berries? When he motioned to the tree again, she hesitantly reached a paw over to the acorn, but she collapsed before she could grab it. She stay there all night, coughing and wheezing in pain as her family had fun in the distance.

2023-01-21 (8).png

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

Just now, Cloude said:

Crescent, wheezing as she approached, came over to sit next to her father as the others spoke in the distance amongst each other. He gave her one look over, not giving her a chance to speak since he already had her answer. “You want to help. Eat these first, you need strength in you to crack acorns.” He’d state, plucking some of the nearby poison berries and holding them out to her.

She eagerly nodded, downing the berries with a large smile. She was ready to help! But, the moment she felt heat in her throat, she knew something was wrong. He began to back away with a small smile, teasingly motioning towards the tree as she began to cough up maroon-tinted berry juice. Her whole body ached as she coughed what remained of the berries out onto the grass, everything spinning as she looked up to her father in confusion.

Was that her, or the berries? When he motioned to the tree again, she hesitantly reached a paw over to the acorn, but she collapsed before she could grab it. She stay there all night, coughing and wheezing in pain as her family had fun in the distance.

2023-01-21 (8).png

Not me having pre-made this because I for some reason was obsessed with this part.

Niche-CrescentAcceptsPoisonBerry.png

• Like 2
  • Sad 3

As her family settled down for the night, her newborn sibling surrounded with affection from them, she seemed to get a weird feeling in her chest. She figured it was the berries again, so she quickly distanced herself.

“Hey, I’m going to go get some food! I’ll be back!” She called out, before heading off into the grasses so she wouldn’t wake them up with her coughing. Though, it hadn’t been the berries, or the sickness that upset her chest. It had been the distance they all kept from her, and the fondness they had over her sisters that they didn’t have for her.

2023-01-22.png

• Like 2
  • Sad 2

After distancing herself, she’d find a nice stump to sit upon!

She lay down, sunning herself a bit to try and help ignore the pain. Though, when a sudden pang of pain came from her poisoning, she’d yelp rather loudly, and before she  knew it, growling was drawing closer.

“Mom? Dad?! Moony!!” She’d call out in panic, trying to get off the stump to go to her family in the near distance, who obviously heard but didn’t move an inch.

She tried for a long jump, though before she knew it, a large figure had come from the shadows and bit down. There was nothing now. No pain, no fear, no life. At least the bearyena had a nice feast!

2023-01-22 (1).png

• Like 1
  • Sad 4

7 hours ago, Cloude said:

After distancing herself, she’d find a nice stump to sit upon!

She lay down, sunning herself a bit to try and help ignore the pain. Though, when a sudden pang of pain came from her poisoning, she’d yelp rather loudly, and before she  knew it, growling was drawing closer.

“Mom? Dad?! Moony!!” She’d call out in panic, trying to get off the stump to go to her family in the near distance, who obviously heard but didn’t move an inch.

She tried for a long jump, though before she knew it, a large figure had come from the shadows and bit down. There was nothing now. No pain, no fear, no life. At least the bearyena had a nice feast!

2023-01-22 (1).png

Me wanting her to survive so badly and get revenge on her family 

Shhdodjdddjdkdkfkddjifodme

• Like 1
  • Paw up 1