Stray Fawn Community

Watching eyes- life before forgotten rp

Lozloxfeafcakerat

2 hours ago, YourLocalStranger said:

Javai laughed out loud at the fact that Star was trying to say that his name was odd. It wasn't a cold laugh like earlier, it was warm. 'It is an odd name, don't worry about it. And yes, you are very kind.' Javai couldn't help but smile at the strange nicheling. Once Javai heard that Star lost his tribe, he deflated a little. It would take a little time to find them. 

'We can go find your tribe then. No reason sitting around in an open meadow.' He said, back to his usual serious self. Star asked why he wanted to join the tribe, and Javai bristled a little at the thought of being part of a tribe. But he had to do it. 'You know that nicheling earlier? The one who tried to kill me? Yeah, she's been chasing me since the deep woods.' He scowled. 'I'd like some protection against her, at least for a little while.' 

Star huffed a bit at Javai laughing at his attempts to cover up how badly he phrased that, it wasn't a truly angry or irritated sigh, more of an embarassed one, but he was happy that it seemed to cheer Javai up if nothing else. Then he stared at him with shock after hearing Javai say he's kind. He acts big and like he's the best but actually getting complimented is rare for him, so he was a little stunned. He quickly recovered though "Of course, I know that" He said in a smug tone to hide how surprised he actually was.

"Alright, I'm sure it won't take long" He said as reassurance to Javai and himself, and also perhaps to try and act like he knew better than he actually did. Upon hearing the last part of what Javaj said he bristled a bit at the thought of that nicheling, he'd already decided he wanted to stay as far from them as he possibly could. "I can't blame you, I wouldn't go anywhere near that needlessly cruel nicheling" He said honestly, and hoped that nicheling would STAY away from them.

"Well anyways the sooner we look the sooner we find them!" He said as he suddenly got up and started walking in a direction that he thinks he came from at one point, hoping it was the right way. "Why don't you have a tribe?" He asked quite bluntly, not really thinking about the potential of it being rude.

5 hours ago, Fox leaf said:

"Oak.. oak.. oak.." Faith whispered, pacing around indignantly. The scab was a stump of uneven blood. "Perhaps we should clean it? Faith asked

"Yeah. Go get some moss and soak it with water, I'll watch her." Shadows said. His face looked bored, but their tail was swishing around, a sign of worry.

1 hour ago, CosmicChaos21 said:

Star huffed a bit at Javai laughing at his attempts to cover up how badly he phrased that, it wasn't a truly angry or irritated sigh, more of an embarassed one, but he was happy that it seemed to cheer Javai up if nothing else. Then he stared at him with shock after hearing Javai say he's kind. He acts big and like he's the best but actually getting complimented is rare for him, so he was a little stunned. He quickly recovered though "Of course, I know that" He said in a smug tone to hide how surprised he actually was.

"Alright, I'm sure it won't take long" He said as reassurance to Javai and himself, and also perhaps to try and act like he knew better than he actually did. Upon hearing the last part of what Javaj said he bristled a bit at the thought of that nicheling, he'd already decided he wanted to stay as far from them as he possibly could. "I can't blame you, I wouldn't go anywhere near that needlessly cruel nicheling" He said honestly, and hoped that nicheling would STAY away from them.

"Well anyways the sooner we look the sooner we find them!" He said as he suddenly got up and started walking in a direction that he thinks he came from at one point, hoping it was the right way. "Why don't you have a tribe?" He asked quite bluntly, not really thinking about the potential of it being rude.

Javai followed Star, Star had a little more idea where he was going anyway. When Star asked why he didn't have a tribe, Javai shrugged. 

'I was born outside one. Lived without a tribe all my life. Didn't really want to join one, too much hassle. But I guess I have to now.' Javai said shortly. He didn't remember his parents. He knew they cared for him when he was very young, but that's all. They question of who they were had plagued him since he was small, but as he got older he learned to push the question away. A few rabbils flitted past. 

'It's very peaceful here.' Javai mentioned. Not like the coconut desert. 

Javai followed Star, Star had a little more idea where he was going anyway. When Star asked why he didn't have a tribe, Javai shrugged. 

'I was born outside one. Lived without a tribe all my life. Didn't really want to join one, too much hassle. But I guess I have to now.' Javai said shortly. He didn't remember his parents. He knew they cared for him when he was very young, but that's all. They question of who they were had plagued him since he was small, but as he got older he learned to push the question away. A few rabbils flitted past. 

'It's very peaceful here.' Javai mentioned. Not like the coconut desert. 

Star listened to the first part of what Javai said with curiosity as they continued walking. "Bearyena must've been rough to deal with, but at least you probably had less rules to follow!" He said in a joking tone, though there was an undertone of bitterness. He knows he's safer with a tribe but it seems like he had a list of rules to follow at all times, and it had already interfered with the way he interacted with Javai seeing as they were ingrained into him. He wonders what it'd be like to have no rules and no responsibilities other than survival. 'I wish I had that much freedom' He though with envy clawing at his heart, which he forcefully shoved away.

"Yea it is, I haven't seen or smelled a single bearyena and there's a bunch of food!" He chirped, happy for the distraction from his thoughts. "Any places other than that deep woods that are dangerous on this island?" He asked Javai as he never really ventured beyond his tribe's borders before now, which made him a bit excited before remembering he was going back.

1 hour ago, CosmicChaos21 said:

Star listened to the first part of what Javai said with curiosity as they continued walking. "Bearyena must've been rough to deal with, but at least you probably had less rules to follow!" He said in a joking tone, though there was an undertone of bitterness. He knows he's safer with a tribe but it seems like he had a list of rules to follow at all times, and it had already interfered with the way he interacted with Javai seeing as they were ingrained into him. He wonders what it'd be like to have no rules and no responsibilities other than survival. 'I wish I had that much freedom' He though with envy clawing at his heart, which he forcefully shoved away.

"Yea it is, I haven't seen or smelled a single bearyena and there's a bunch of food!" He chirped, happy for the distraction from his thoughts. "Any places other than that deep woods that are dangerous on this island?" He asked Javai as he never really ventured beyond his tribe's borders before now, which made him a bit excited before remembering he was going back.

'Oh, bearyena were a nightmare. You had to constantly sleep with one eye open. And if you even caught a whiff of one, you had to leave the area immediately if you even wanted a chance at surviving.' Javai said calmly. He had a lot of nightmares where he just couldn't run or fight fast enough, and that was the end of him. Bearyena were awful. Everyone knew that. 

'But yeah, there are no rules except the ones you make yourself. Never joined a tribe partly because rules never sat right with me.' He heard of what it was like in a tribe, the rules, the leaders, the lists. Javai hated it. 'I'm more of a free spirit.' He joked.

'But you can get that kind of freedom. Sure its, dangerous. Very dangerous. But it's also amazing. Only very extreme circumstances ever made me consider joining a tribe. Once your grown, you can leave your tribe you know.' Javai smiled wistfully. He remembered when he was a bit younger, and he had wished he could have been part of a tribe. He and Star back then would have been polar opposites. 'I think it's good that you grew up in a tribe.' Javai offered. 'You can grow up safely, and learn things. Then when your older you can leave, and have the freedom you want.' 

'And about the dangerous places...' Javai racked his brains for anything interesting or useful to say. He wasn't used to long conversations with other nichelings, and didn't want to bore Star to death. 'Well near the burning volcano, I went there once, theres a tribe that call themselves the Kamji. They're a very small tribe, but they think that every year they have to sacrifice someone to the volcano. Strange really. At one point they wanted to sacrifice me, but I got out!' Javai laughed at that last bit. It wasn't hard escaping them. 'All I had to do was crawl into a hollow log and roll down the mountain. They couldn't catch me then!

'Actually, it was a miracle I didn't die.' He said under his breath as he realised only now that that was an extremely stupid thing to do. 

Name: Spixine ( spixi or spix for nickname )

Appearance:  She  looks like a spix macaw, she is also large sized. she also has wings

Personality:  A lot can be assumed when you first see Spixine , but two things you'll never forget are that she's practical and brilliant. Of course she's also friendly, punctual and gentle, but they're tainted by and mixed with habits of being scornful as well.
Her practical thinking though, this is what she's most popular for. There are many times when friends count on this and her innovative nature in times of need.

Nobody's perfect of course and Spixine,  has less pleasant traits too. Her argumentativeness and self-indulgence are far from ideal, though more on a personal level than for others.
Fortunately her brilliance is usually there to help mends things when needed.

Starting point: Ramfox Towers

Reference: in image

Spix.png

• Paw up 2

'Oh, bearyena were a nightmare. You had to constantly sleep with one eye open. And if you even caught a whiff of one, you had to leave the area immediately if you even wanted a chance at surviving.' Javai said calmly. He had a lot of nightmares where he just couldn't run or fight fast enough, and that was the end of him. Bearyena were awful. Everyone knew that. 

'But yeah, there are no rules except the ones you make yourself. Never joined a tribe partly because rules never sat right with me.' He heard of what it was like in a tribe, the rules, the leaders, the lists. Javai hated it. 'I'm more of a free spirit.' He joked.

'But you can get that kind of freedom. Sure its, dangerous. Very dangerous. But it's also amazing. Only very extreme circumstances ever made me consider joining a tribe. Once your grown, you can leave your tribe you know.' Javai smiled wistfully. He remembered when he was a bit younger, and he had wished he could have been part of a tribe. He and Star back then would have been polar opposites. 'I think it's good that you grew up in a tribe.' Javai offered. 'You can grow up safely, and learn things. Then when your older you can leave, and have the freedom you want.' 

'And about the dangerous places...' Javai racked his brains for anything interesting or useful to say. He wasn't used to long conversations with other nichelings, and didn't want to bore Star to death. 'Well near the burning volcano, I went there once, theres a tribe that call themselves the Kamji. They're a very small tribe, but they think that every year they have to sacrifice someone to the volcano. Strange really. At one point they wanted to sacrifice me, but I got out!' Javai laughed at that last bit. It wasn't hard escaping them. 'All I had to do was crawl into a hollow log and roll down the mountain. They couldn't catch me then!

'Actually, it was a miracle I didn't die.' He said under his breath as he realised only now that that was an extremely stupid thing to do. 

"I guess you would have to just leave if you didn't have the means to fight them" Star responded to that first part, he guesses there are advantages to living in a tribe, he and his tribe never ran but sometimes he wished they did.

His eyes sparkled and a small smile appeared at the mention of the freedom, even if it was dangerous the thought of being an adult and going wherever he wanted whenever he wanted was oh so tempting and nice, but then his smile fell as he remembered his position. "You see...I'd love to do that, but I can't" He shrugged as if it didn't bother him as much as it did. "In my pack there's a tradition that the oldest child of the pack leader has to be pack leader when the current leader passes, and I'm the only child my parents have so" He continued as he felt envy try to wiggle its way into his heart again, though this time he simply let it be.

After listening to what Javai said about the tribe on the volcano Star snorted. "You could've died if you got unlucky, though I guess if I was in that situation I guess rational thoughts aren't your first choice" He said, not hearing what Javai said under his breath

14 minutes ago, Cat said:

Name: Spixine ( spixi or spix for nickname )

Appearance:  She  looks like a spix macaw, she is also large sized. she also has wings

Personality:  A lot can be assumed when you first see Spixine , but two things you'll never forget are that she's practical and brilliant. Of course she's also friendly, punctual and gentle, but they're tainted by and mixed with habits of being scornful as well.
Her practical thinking though, this is what she's most popular for. There are many times when friends count on this and her innovative nature in times of need.

Nobody's perfect of course and Spixine,  has less pleasant traits too. Her argumentativeness and self-indulgence are far from ideal, though more on a personal level than for others.
Fortunately her brilliance is usually there to help mends things when needed.

Starting point: Ramfox Towers

Reference: in image

Spix.png

@Fox leaf do i just roleplay, now?

7 hours ago, Andromeda_ said:

"Yeah. Go get some moss and soak it with water, I'll watch her." Shadows said. His face looked bored, but their tail was swishing around, a sign of worry.

Faith scrambled and got some wet moss and started to carefully clean Oak

1 hour ago, Fox leaf said:

Faith scrambled and got some wet moss and started to carefully clean Oak

1 hour ago, Cat said:

Spixine, Stood on the tower, before Jumping off, spreading her wings, she Flew off.

" WOOO!"

she squealed.

feeling free, she Did a barrel roll, then started to fly upside down.

55 minutes ago, Cat said:

She then turned the right way, and headed for the forests.

Shadows noticed a flash of blue. Is the bluebird that attacked Oak back for more? 

He peeked out of the den, and realized it was just a nicheling flying around. Phew. They still sat at the entrance of the den to watch for real dangers.

9 hours ago, Andromeda_ said:

Shadows noticed a flash of blue. Is the bluebird that attacked Oak back for more? 

He peeked out of the den, and realized it was just a nicheling flying around. Phew. They still sat at the entrance of the den to watch for real dangers.

Oak was sleeping, unmoving. "Who are you?" She asked in her dreams. The black version of her seemed frozen. It was wet but in a peaceful way. Darkness crowded in from everywhere, and there was a dripping noise, somewhere far away. She couldn't hear herself, only the tapping of her paws as she quickly ran along, what seemed to be glass separating her and the nicheling. Darkness had swallowed the void nicheling, and as Oak ran, she could see another black-with-glowing-eyes version of her running underneath her, staring sightlessly ahead. Oak slowed to a halt, looking around, feeling cold, scared and alone. She walked, feeling something invisible in front of her. Oak walked, confused, to the right. The wall was there, too. The left? A wall. Behind? up? All sealed off. Oak felt her stomach sink as the ooze started to climb her legs. There was straight mirrors on every side she could look, every one containing the black version of her. Oak let out a soundless wail of fear as she plunged into the depths, sucked under the quiet waves of water.

Oak woke up and shrieked as she gasped into life, panting, checking for the world around her. "Where..." she started, eyes wide and wild.

-

Faith saw the blue flash as well. Huh. Didn't know nichelings could be blue before. She spread her wings, preparing to join them, but froze as she remembered Oak. Oak... her thoughts mumbled. A loud, childly shriek, echoed from the den. Faith rushed inside to confront oak as she panted inside. "Oak!" Faith went pale. What happened? She looks terrified!

12 hours ago, CosmicChaos21 said:

"I guess you would have to just leave if you didn't have the means to fight them" Star responded to that first part, he guesses there are advantages to living in a tribe, he and his tribe never ran but sometimes he wished they did.

His eyes sparkled and a small smile appeared at the mention of the freedom, even if it was dangerous the thought of being an adult and going wherever he wanted whenever he wanted was oh so tempting and nice, but then his smile fell as he remembered his position. "You see...I'd love to do that, but I can't" He shrugged as if it didn't bother him as much as it did. "In my pack there's a tradition that the oldest child of the pack leader has to be pack leader when the current leader passes, and I'm the only child my parents have so" He continued as he felt envy try to wiggle its way into his heart again, though this time he simply let it be.

After listening to what Javai said about the tribe on the volcano Star snorted. "You could've died if you got unlucky, though I guess if I was in that situation I guess rational thoughts aren't your first choice" He said, not hearing what Javai said under his breath

'Do you have any other family? Aunts, uncles, cousins? Anyone who could take the role if you left? It's your life. To be forced into a role you don't want, and then to live like that for the rest of your life is... I can't imagine something like that.' Javai frowned. He felt bad for Star. 

'Rational thoughts are rarely ever my first choice.' He said deadpan. 'Sometimes what it takes to survive isn't always rational.'

'Are we anywhere close to where you think your tribe might be?' he asked. They had been walking for a while. 

5 minutes ago, YourLocalStranger said:

'Do you have any other family? Aunts, uncles, cousins? Anyone who could take the role if you left? It's your life. To be forced into a role you don't want, and then to live like that for the rest of your life is... I can't imagine something like that.' Javai frowned. He felt bad for Star. 

'Rational thoughts are rarely ever my first choice.' He said deadpan. 'Sometimes what it takes to survive isn't always rational.'

'Are we anywhere close to where you think your tribe might be?' he asked. They had been walking for a while. 

A dream was coming to Foliage. She was in a watery place, looking at herself in a mirror, but the other her was black with glowing eyes. "I don't have time for this" She hissed, but it was lost in the silence, tainted by the dripping in the distance. She started to walk away, along the mirror, from the black version of herself. It stood, frozen, in place as Foliage walked away. The darkness had swallowed it, and Foliage was walking alone, everything looking the same. An invisible force blocked her path. She turned around, around, around, until there was only walls around her. The water beneath her had started to climb up her legs. Foliage looked down, and suddenly felt younger, like a small child. It faded slowly, and she suddenly realised, she was surrounded by straight mirrors. She was reflected in all of them, black and sightless. She was sucked underneath, and she flailed for air.

"AHH!" She roared as she woke up, taking in deep gasps of breath. She breathed in and out, calming herself, and released her tail from the stem of the thorny bush. She sank down, relieved that it was a dream. Huh. My fur looks weird, Foliage thought, looking at the pieces of fur and skin on her paw. It was turning.... purple? Foliage realised how cold she was, as tears streaked from her eyes, freezing instantly. She wasn't sad, just... cold. She shivered and curled closer around the dead bush, shivering. She realized it was starting to snow heavily, and Foliage could hardly move. She passed out, breathing heavily, and mist exploding from her nose and mouth. Snow poured down, beginning to bury Foliage

"I do have some cousins, but they seem to want the role just as much as I do, I guess asking wouldn't hurt though so I'll see" Star said with a shrug though he hoped one of them would rather take the role. That's not to mention how angry his parents might be if he did that, though maybe if nothing else he could wait until they pass then ask if another nicheling would want the role so he could roam free and live his own life.

"Yeah that makes sense, sometimes you probably don't have the time to think of a more rational solution and I suppose sometimes the solution itself isn't" He reasoned as he thought about it, he never really had to think about it too much seeing as while being the future leader wasn't something he wanted it did mean he almost always had another nicheling to protect him. 'Wish I could practice fighting and defending myself more but I bet they wouldn't let me' He thought as he remembered an attempt to bring it up when he was a bit younger.

He scanned the area after hearing Javai's question and then perked up. "Yea we're almost there actually! Just a bit more walking. I told you we'd get there" He bragged as his posture changed to a more confident one. "What's your favorite thing to eat?" He asked mostly to pass the small amount of time it'd take to get to their destination.

5 hours ago, Fox leaf said:

Oak was sleeping, unmoving. "Who are you?" She asked in her dreams. The black version of her seemed frozen. It was wet but in a peaceful way. Darkness crowded in from everywhere, and there was a dripping noise, somewhere far away. She couldn't hear herself, only the tapping of her paws as she quickly ran along, what seemed to be glass separating her and the nicheling. Darkness had swallowed the void nicheling, and as Oak ran, she could see another black-with-glowing-eyes version of her running underneath her, staring sightlessly ahead. Oak slowed to a halt, looking around, feeling cold, scared and alone. She walked, feeling something invisible in front of her. Oak walked, confused, to the right. The wall was there, too. The left? A wall. Behind? up? All sealed off. Oak felt her stomach sink as the ooze started to climb her legs. There was straight mirrors on every side she could look, every one containing the black version of her. Oak let out a soundless wail of fear as she plunged into the depths, sucked under the quiet waves of water.

Oak woke up and shrieked as she gasped into life, panting, checking for the world around her. "Where..." she started, eyes wide and wild.

-

Faith saw the blue flash as well. Huh. Didn't know nichelings could be blue before. She spread her wings, preparing to join them, but froze as she remembered Oak. Oak... her thoughts mumbled. A loud, childly shriek, echoed from the den. Faith rushed inside to confront oak as she panted inside. "Oak!" Faith went pale. What happened? She looks terrified!

"What just happened!?" Shadows yelped in surprise. "I've never seen that before." 

2 hours ago, CosmicChaos21 said:

"I do have some cousins, but they seem to want the role just as much as I do, I guess asking wouldn't hurt though so I'll see" Star said with a shrug though he hoped one of them would rather take the role. That's not to mention how angry his parents might be if he did that, though maybe if nothing else he could wait until they pass then ask if another nicheling would want the role so he could roam free and live his own life.

"Yeah that makes sense, sometimes you probably don't have the time to think of a more rational solution and I suppose sometimes the solution itself isn't" He reasoned as he thought about it, he never really had to think about it too much seeing as while being the future leader wasn't something he wanted it did mean he almost always had another nicheling to protect him. 'Wish I could practice fighting and defending myself more but I bet they wouldn't let me' He thought as he remembered an attempt to bring it up when he was a bit younger.

He scanned the area after hearing Javai's question and then perked up. "Yea we're almost there actually! Just a bit more walking. I told you we'd get there" He bragged as his posture changed to a more confident one. "What's your favorite thing to eat?" He asked mostly to pass the small amount of time it'd take to get to their destination.

'You could practice fighting and defending yourself in secret. Who said you have to follow the rules.' Javai grinned. When Star said they were almost where the tribe was, Javai was a little confused. 'I hear nothing. Are you sure they're nearby?' Star asked some question to pass the time, but Javai was growing a bit more worried about this tribe every second. 'My favourite food is food.' He said, before walking a bit ahead. Still nothing. 

18 hours ago, Andromeda_ said:

Spixine did a circle in the air, her eyes looked at the black nicheling, she then flew towards them.

" Hello!"

The large Nicheling said.

5 hours ago, Cat said:

Spixine did a circle in the air, her eyes looked at the black nicheling, she then flew towards them.

" Hello!"

The large Nicheling said.

54 minutes ago, Fox leaf said:

"There was me... Black and glowing... Then I drowned!" She shrieked.

(Also I want to control someone's dreams sometime 

"It sounds like some sort of bad dream, but then you turned blue. Weird." He then noticed the blue nicheling from before had come down to greet them. Great. More nichelings. "Hi there." He grumbled to the blue nicheling.

42 minutes ago, Andromeda_ said:

"It sounds like some sort of bad dream, but then you turned blue. Weird." He then noticed the blue nicheling from before had come down to greet them. Great. More nichelings. "Hi there." He grumbled to the blue nicheling.

She stood a few feet away from them.

" Alright, Grumpy greetings; not the best but it will do.."

she Remarked.

" I'm Spixine, Call me Spix Or Spixy"

her wings opened as a Hello.

37 minutes ago, Cat said:

She stood a few feet away from them.

" Alright, Grumpy greetings; not the best but it will do.."

she Remarked.

" I'm Spixine, Call me Spix Or Spixy"

her wings opened as a Hello.

"I'm Shadows." They said. He pointed to Faith. "And that's Faith."