Stray Fawn Community

Andromeda the Galaxy Cat (OC Story)

Andromeda_

so i decided to post my oc story here 

enough talking lets get to it (i have no idea how to make a good intro lol) 

A light purple cat with light yellow star-like patterns through her fur laid in a cave. "Cosmo!" She called. "The kitten is here!" 

Seconds later, a blue cat who also had white star-like patterns through his fur rushed into the room. "Sparkle!" Cosmo asked. "Are you ok? Did the birthing go well?" 

"Yes, I'm ok." Sparkle said. She moved her tail to reveal a deep purple kitten with the same light yellow star patterns as her mother. 

"Oh, she's beautiful." Cosmo purred. "How about we name her....Andromeda." 

"That's a wonderful name." Sparkle smiled. She looked down at the kit. "I love you, Andromeda." The family cuddled close and eventually fell asleep.

• Like 1

• Andromeda_ changed the title to Andromeda the Galaxy Cat (OC Story)

Andromeda happily went into the school building. Today was her first day of school, and she was going to meet lots of new friends! 

During recess, she was playing around when suddenly she felt a paw on her shoulder. She turned around to see a green jelly cat (another subspecies of cat i made up, they can be any color except black and have transparent bodies) behind her. They were probably in one of the higher grades.

"What are YOU doing?" The jelly cat asked, a hint of a hiss in his voice. 

"Uh, playing?" Andromeda responded nervously. 

"How about I play with you?" The jelly cat tried to swipe at her tail, but she dodged. "Why are you bing mean? I haven't even done anything?" 

"Because it supplies me with entertainment." The jelly cat eventually cornered her, but then a voice

"Hey! Leave her alone!" Andromeda and the jelly cat looked over to see a blue galaxy cat with light blue star patterns that was about her age. 

The jelly cat grunted. "Ugh. I'm not fighting two of you guys." He walked off. 

"Wow, it was really that easy?" Andromeda said aloud. She looked over at the other galaxy cat. "Thanks for the help. What's your name?" 

"The name's Nova." 

"I'm Andromeda!"  

And from then on, the two were inseparable.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Andromeda and her father sat outside of their den, looking up at the millions of stars above. 

"You know, they say that everytime a galaxy cat dies, their spirit rises up and they become a star that's the same color as the star pattern they had on their fur." He said. 

"Wait, really?" Andromeda said, amazed. 

"Yes." Cosmo looked down at his daughter. "And when I'm long gone and you're feeling down, always remember that I'm up in the skies, watching you from above. I'll always be with you, Andromeda." 

Andromeda smiled at her father. "And I'll also always be there for you, Dad." 

(yes i know its similar to the lion king where mufasa tells simba the kings are in the stars but how else was i supposed to do something like this????)

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Sparkle went into the den, crying and clearly upset. 

"Honey, what's wrong??" Cosmo asked, worried. 

"Everything!" Sparkle sobbed as she went into her room. 

From eavesdropping, Andromeda heard that a lot of mom's family was killed by an unknown creature known as "Void". 

After Dad was done talking to her, Andromeda went into the room. "Mom, are you ok?" She asked. 

"No." She hissed. "Now get out." 

Andromeda flinched before leaving the room. She knew that Mom would never be the same again...

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

(sorry that i didnt update this for a bit) 

Andromeda sat on one of the benches in the schoolyard. It was recess, and she was supposed to be having fun, but nothing seemed right since what happened to Mom's family. She seemed to not care about anything anymore. She would constantly argue with Dad and ignore her. Nova came to the bench and sat next to her. 

"Hey." He said. "What's wrong, Meda? I can tall, it's something." 

Andromeda sighed. "Most of my mom's family was killed, and she's been different since. It's been a few months now, and she just stays cooped up in her room and hisses at me and Dad whenever we come in. She never leaves and only allows us in to bring her food and water. She always argues with Dad was well."  

Nova looked worried. "She's depressed. Try to give her all the support and motivation you can. I don't really know what to do..." 

"I'll try my best." Andromeda said.  

(at home) 

Andromeda went into her Mom's room with a plate of chicken wings. Her favorite. When she entered the room, Mom was on her bed, staring at the cave walls, her tail thumping against the ground angrily. 

"Get out." Mom grumbled without even looking at Andromeda. 

Andromeda placed the plate of wings on the bed and sat next to Mom. "It'll be alright Mom, I promise. Me and Dad are here for you." 

"It's not alright!" Mom hissed. She scratched Andromeda's ear. 

"Ow!" Andromeda yelped before getting to her feet. "Mom, please. We love you and care for you. I know this isn't going to work, but I want you to know that." 

"I SAID GET OUT!" Mom screeched. She grabbed one of the wings and threw it at Andromeda. "Nothing is alright! They're dead!" 

Andromeda sighed and left the room. She knew that she couldn't do anything to help Mom, and it would just get worse and worse...

• Sad 3

• 2 weeks later...

Andromeda sat on one of the benches and sighed. She knew Mom wasn't getting better. 

Nove came over and sat next to her. "Meda, you alright?" He asked. 

"...No. Mom isnt getting better. Not at all." Andromeda looked at the ground sadly. 

"Don't worry, Andromeda. It'll all be ok. Your family is strong, you can get through this." Nova looked at her and smiled. 

"Right." Andromeda said. She knew things were still going to be bad, but Nova's words comforted her. 

(also stranger thank you for reminding me to update this by reacting to my post lol)

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

• 2 weeks later...

Andromeda laid on her bed, her ears and tail drooping. She could hear the familiar sounds of yelling through the cave walls. Mom and Dad were arguing again. She tried to use her pillow to drown out the sounds, but she could still hear them.

"I AM GETTING OUT OF HERE!" She heard Mom shriek. Andromeda peeked out of her room and saw Mom leaving the cave with some of her belongings, while Dad watched helplessly, tears streaming down his face. 

"Mom! Where are you going!?" Andromeda yelped, but Mom just stared at her coldly before stepping out and rolling the large rock that served as a door back into place. 

Andromeda went over to Dad and buried her head in his navy blue starry fur. "What are we going to do without Mom???" Andromeda asked, her eyes full of tears. 

"Don't worry, Meda. It'll all be alright." Dad wrapped his tail around her. 

She relaxed a bit. Dad would always be there for her. 

Right?

1 minute ago, Foxleaf said:

Excellent

Andromeda laid on her bed. She didn't want to get up. She didn't want to do anything. 

Dad peeked his head into the room. "Come on, Meda. I know you're upset, and I am too, but you can't just lay in bed all day. Doing productive things will make you feel better." 

Andromeda sighed. "Fine, I guess." 

They went outside and did  some hunting. Andromeda pounced on a rabbit, biting its neck and easily killing it. She looked back and saw Dad give her a paw up as she returned with the rabbit in her jaws. 

Andromeda went out more and more, and they did more and more things. They went to different places and had fun. Andromeda eventually started recovering, along with Dad. He always supported her and was there for her. He would always support her...and be there for her...always. (foreshadowing)

I finally read it through. I have feedback. Please ignore it if you find it offensive

I think your writing is a bit rushed and leaves out details, like what the house is like, what the jelly cat looked like (is it one colour, or every colour?)

I think it needs more backstory, more detail on everything like how I didn't know anything about the parents

I think those are the two key things. Maybe just a more original idea, like how you caught the lion king thing, and I didn't really understand much. Other than that, I like the story so far

2 minutes ago, Foxleaf said:

I finally read it through. I have feedback. Please ignore it if you find it offensive

I think your writing is a bit rushed and leaves out details, like what the house is like, what the jelly cat looked like (is it one colour, or every colour?)

I think it needs more backstory, more detail on everything like how I didn't know anything about the parents

I think those are the two key things. Maybe just a more original idea, like how you caught the lion king thing, and I didn't really understand much. Other than that, I like the story so far

every jelly cat only has one color. the one that threatened andromeda was green. jelly cats can be any color except black, white, grey, and brown

• Paw up 1

One day, after going out for a quick hunt by herself, Andromeda came back to their cave to see Dad crying

"Dad, what's wrong??" She asked as she walked up to him. 

Dad shook his head and passed her a letter from under his paws. It was soaked from his tears. 

The letter read: 

"Dear Cosmo, 

I'm so sorry to have to tell you this, but Mom and Dad were killed. By Void. Yes, the same one that killed Sparkle's (andromeda's mom) family. I'm so sorry. I hate this cruel world, but alas, we must carry on. Lots of love and luck to you, brother. 

~Sincerely, 

Astra, your beloved sister." 

Andromeda gasped and dropped the letter. "N-no...No!" She sobbed. She curled up in a ball and cried. She wanted to stay like that forever. 

(a bit of context: Void is known for killing a lot of galaxy cats, especially at this time. Andromeda is 8, as most of the animals on Animalia age the same way as humans.)

• 3 weeks later...