Stray Fawn Community

Andromeda the Galaxy Cat (OC Story)

Andromeda_

30 minutes ago, Galvana said:

Just be motvated

(motivaton lever has been pulled. also death warning ig?) 

After a few weeks of sulking around, Andromeda finally convinced Dad to try and do something productive. She decided today would be the day they hunted their first boar. It was risky, but it would supply them with over a month's worth of food if they succeeded. 

They wandered around the woods, and eventually found a floral boar, feasting on some apples. It was smaller than average, probably a juvenile. Perfect prey. Andromeda slowly began stalking it, when she suddenly stepped on a twig. It cracked, and the boar grunted. It muttered something in Herbivorous before continuing to eat. It knew it was being watched by a potential predator...  

Dad shook his head at Andromeda and signaled to her "I'll strike first." Once the boar was less wary, Dad pounced onto its back, digging his claws into it. The boar squealed and stomped the ground. Vines appeared behind it and smacked Dad off its back. Andromeda leaped in, shooting a blast of space energy at the boar, stunning it and making it fall over. Dad dove in and sliced the boar's neck for the final blow, killing it. 

"Good job, Meda." Dad said, smiling for the first time in weeks. Andromeda smiled right back. Maybe it wasn't the end of the world. The boar meat tasted a bit flowery, but it was still food, and they enjoyed a good feast. 

Notes (totally not stealing from Birb): 

-Floral Boars are a mutated subspecies of boar that have the power to control plants and have green blood. There are other animals with Floral mutations that have the same power such as Floral Cats, Floral Foxes, Floral Rabbits, etc. 

-Herbivorous is a language that only herbivores speak. Carnivores speak Carnivorous, and Omnivores speak both languages. 

-Galaxy cats have the power to shoot blasts of space energy. This is used to fight against opponents or to boost themselves into space. 

(also sorry if my chapters are too short, i can make them longer if you prefer that)

• Like 1

(Tw: blood/gore, death) 

After a successful hunt, Andromeda returned to the cave in the afternoon. She decided to take a nap, and then go for another small hunting session at night. She crawled into her room and curled up on the bed. 

Andromeda awoke later to the sounds of growling and snarling in the cave. What on Animalia is going on??? 

She peeked her heard out of her room. On the other side of the cave, she saw Dad, fighting what appeared to be a fox. The fox was pitch black. Its body was made of ink, ink dripping from it and falling onto the cave floor. She immediately recognized him as Void. He was known for killing many galaxy cats, including some of her family. She couldn't let her father fall victim to him too... 

Void had Dad pinned the the ground. He was about to strike him. 

Andromeda ran towards Void, jumping onto his back and sinking her claws into him. "Get away from my Dad!" She hissed. 

Void growled in pain. He whipped around and slashed Andromeda's eye, sending her flying to the corner of the cave. 

"ANDROMEDA!" Dad yelled. He ran towards her. "Are you alright???" 

But Void was right behind him. 

Void pinned him down again and sliced his neck open, leaving a gaping hole. (yes i know pretty brutal) 

"DAD!" Andromeda shrieked. Void turned around to look at her. His white, pupilless eyes staring into her soul. 

"Run, kitten, or you will face the same fate as your father." He snarled. 

Andromeda didn't even hesitate. She ran. She could hear Void's sloshing pawsteps behind her for a bit, but he eventually stopped. 

Andromeda found a small hole in the bottom of the trunk of a tree that she was small enough to fit into. She squeezed herself into the hole, curled up into a ball, and started sobbing. She felt like she never wanted to leave that hole. Ever. 

Nothing was okay. Dad was gone. He wasn't there for her forever. He was dead.

• Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...

(im so sorry it took me 999999999999 years to update this-) 

10 year timeskip (Andromeda and Nova are now 18)

Andromeda awoke. The birds in the trees tweeted to each other endlessly in Herbivorous. Butterflied and bees were flying everywhere, doing their pollination job. It was a nice day. 

She hauled herself up and left her cave. She decide to go to Astro lake today. Because she needed to improve her fishing skills, and there was nothing else to do. 

But first, she had to get through the town of Astro. She sighed as she went to the town. You could take the route around the town to get to the lake, but it was longer, and she wasn't in the mood to walk a while. 

She ignored all the other cats as she trotted through the town, passing shops and houses. She didn't like towns like this. Why couldn't they just live the natural way? Animalia would be much better that way, she thought. 

She was almost out of the town when she suddenly bumped into another galaxy cat. They had a dark blue pelt with cyan star patterns. She landed on top of them, looking at them with embarrassment apparent in her face. She didn't really know what to say. The other cat looked oddly familiar. 

"Uh, you can get off of me now." He said. His voice was familiar too...Andromeda could have sworn she met this cat before... 

"Oh, sorry." Andromeda mumbled, quickly jumping off. 

"You look and sound kind of familiar. Have we met before? I'm Nova!" The other cat smiled. As soon as he said his name Andromeda's expression turned to excitement, an emotion she didn't experience often. 

"Nova! It's me! Andromeda!" She squealed, her sky blue eyes lighting up with excitement and her yellow star patterns beginning to glow. 

"Andromeda!" Nove smiled, pouncing on her and nuzzling her. "Why did you disappear? What happened? I heard your father died...I'm sorry." Nova frowned. 

"...Oh." The look of happiness in Andromeda's eyes faded a bit as Nova got off of her and she got up. "After Void killed my father, I just ran away. I didn't feel safe living there anymore." 

"I'm sorry...But at least we found each other again!" Nova smiled, trying to cheer her up." 

Andromeda's mouth curved back into a small smile as well. "I see you haven't changed much. I was plannin on going to Astro Lake, wanna come?" 

"Sure!" Nova purred. 

They both walked onto the path towards the lake, together once again. 

e

• Like 1
  • Love 1

• 2 weeks later...

Andromeda and Nova trotted towards the lake. The water was clear and sparkling. "Perfect for fishing." Nova purred. 

Andromeda waited paitently until she saw the shadow of a fish rise close enough to the surface. Her paw instinctively shot towards the water, and when she took her paw out again, a carp was dangling from her claw. 

"Nice catch." Nova smiled as he pulled up a fish as well. 

They continued to fish for a while, but they eventually they stopped and decided to go on their way. 

Suddenly, Nova hit Andromeda with his paw. "Tag, you're it!" He laughed, racing away. 

"You piece of rabbit dung!" Andromeda yelled playfully as she chased him. 

They ran for what felt like forever until Andromeda caught up to him. They had gotten surprisingly far from Astro and the lake. 

Nova spotted a cave and the two of them rushed into it, as it was beginning to drizzle. 

They heard a growl from behind them. They whipped around to see a fire fox. She was mostly gray with the signature flame-like markings of an animal with a fire mutation. The markings were on her paws, tail tip, and underbelly. She stared at the two of them, her eyes full of anger but a tiny bit of pity and curiosity. 

"What are you galaxy cats doing in this cave? I don't want to kill you. If my dad wakes up to see galaxy cats in here, he'll kill you two on the spot." She said softly. 

"...Why are you sparing us?" Andromeda said, her fur puffed up and on edge. 

"I don't like killing....My dad hates all galaxy cats and wants to kill them all...He forces me to kill." The fire fox looked down at the ground in shame. Andromeda and Nova felt pity for this fox who was forced to do things against her will. 

"You know what? You can come with us." Nova smiled. Andromeda hesitated, but nodded as well. 

A low, enraged growl could be heard from the other side of the cave. A larger fire fox came into view. Parts of his body were covered in ink. 

Ink. 

Andromeda took a step back, her heart pounding in her chest at the sight of this ink-covered fox. No. No.. No...Don't tell me....Void.... Andromeda remembered reading a book about the abilities of ink foxes. Apparently they could take over the bodies of others. Was that what was happening here?

"Ash."  Void growled in his familiar, ominous voice. "Kill them. Now." 

Ash shook her head, her eyes filled with fear. 

"THEN I'LL DO IT MYSELF!" He leaped at Andromeda and Nova, pinning them both to the ground with his huge front paws. Ash pounced on him, knocking him off and stunning him for a bit. 

"Run!" Nove shrieked, beckoning Andromeda and Ash after him. They raced out of the cave, and kept running until it was out of sight. They stopped to catch their breath at a small creek. 

"Phew." Nova said, panting heavily. "Well, It's good you got away from your nightmare of a father, Ash." 

Andromeda was still in shock from the whole ordeal. "Void...." She murmured to herself, her eyes wide with fear. 

"You OK?" Nova looked towards her. 

"Yeah." Andromeda said, putting on a fake smile. But she knew she wasn't okay. Nothing was okay as long as Void was still around.... 

Notes: 

Ash is introduced! She won't be around forever, though. 

Void is possessing the body of a fire fox who will be VERY important later on.

• Love 1

• 9 months later...
4 hours ago, Andromeda_ said:

ew this is so nasty and cringe,,, 

ive updated Animalia lore a lot since this, might remake if i get motivation

It's not THAT cringe, don't worry about it

17 hours ago, Andromeda_ said:

ew this is so nasty and cringe,,, 

ive updated Animalia lore a lot since this, might remake if i get motivation

It’s not that bad 

I didn’t read much  of it tho