Stray Fawn Community

I must have deleted it- Skyseeker's Starlight

Lozloxfeafcakerat

Skyseeker opened her eyes, gazing across her new leafy den. Her whiskers twitched as she remembered the events of last night. Coco had brought her to a new home- the Forestcolony. She hadn't met the other cats that lived here yet.

Eyes adjusting to the haze, Skyseeker noticed green thatched walls with small holes here and there. Dawn light shone through the flat, wet, emerald leaves.

• Like 1

On 2/10/2023 at 10:04 PM, Fox leaf said:

Skyseeker opened her eyes, gazing across her new leafy den. Her whiskers twitched as she remembered the events of last night. Coco had brought her to a new home- the Forestcolony. She hadn't met the other cats that lived here yet.

Eyes adjusting to the haze, Skyseeker noticed green thatched walls with small holes here and there. Dawn light shone through the flat, wet, emerald leaves.

Skyseeker's purple pelt with glowing stripes lit the fur dimly where it was purple. The stripes shone cyan and green. A sign of contentment. The moss beneath her was nice and dry. The sand was flat and rocky. Freshly powdered.

Stretching then stepping out of her nest, Skyseeker gasped at how hard the floor was. Not even a pawprint left behind.

Skyseeker saw shimmers of colourful wings pass overhead through the tiny holes of the den. The air was warm and still.

Rumbling pawsteps echoed outside the woven entrance. Skyseeker suspected it was the cat Coco mentioned- Mayonnaise or something.

Carefully but quickly picking out any bits of moss, Skyseeker groomed her pelt, then stepped out of the thin entrance. 

Gazing up, she saw an elderly cat's face. Pale yellow fur, flecked with bits of grey here and there suggested his age. He had thick, bushy fur, that looked reasonably well-kept.

"Good morning" His deep voice rumbled. Skyseeker noticed how healthy and muscular he looked, despite his dark flecks and grey whiskers. "We heard from Coco we'd be seeing a new face today" He began to continue.

Skyseeker resisted scrunching up her nose at the smell of fish, obviously coming from the cat's breath.

"My name is Mayor. Welcome to the forest colony." Mayor waved his tail, and, for the first time, Skyseeker realised how many cats there were. All different colours- but nothing like her glimmering pelt. A cat with a blazing orange pelt was talking with another. The cat's gaze flicked to Skyseeker as she was chatting, but looked straight back to the pale brown cat.

"You'll find us a pretty friendly bunch of cats around here. You'll want to introduce yourself to Doc, our healer, and Ember, our shopkeeper." He flicked his tail towards two different places, one being where the blazing orange cat- Ember- was. Another was behind a hedge bush, that Skyseeker couldn't see past.

"The summer festival will be on in a few days. Its where all the colonies meet together peacefully. For now, go explore the territory and say hello to some of our cats." Mayor walked away, crossing a small stream by steppingstones. He disappeared behind a thick wall of leaves- another den- Skyseeker realised.

Skyseeker padded cautiously to where she last saw 'Ember'. The cat was hidden behind a wooden storage crate, sorting out... tortoiseshells?

Ember looked up and noticed Skyseeker for the first time.

"Wow! Your pelt is more amazing than I thought!" She exclaimed upon sight of the purple-glowing-tabby fur. Pink embarrassment drifted across it but Skyseeker forced it back to cyan and emerald.

Ember gasped as it changed to the pink and back. "Oh! I have something that can... err... copy that!" She ducked into the oddly glowing den behind the old, mossy rug beneath their paws. It was woven like almost everything else here.

moments later, she held a small vail of a glowing green liquid.

"This makes your pelt glow!" She exclaimed. She dripped a little onto the back of her paw and, to Skyseeker's surprise, it began to glow an even brighter orange. It faded away a few seconds later, but it still looked cool. Ember popped the cork back through the top and rushed back into her den. Seconds later, she emerged again.

"I'm so rude!" Ember gasped. "My name is Ember- I run the shop here, although Mayor probably told you that."

Skyseeker dipped her head and Ember laughed. Something about her warm green gaze made Skyseeker happy.

"I'm quite busy today, but you can come back once everyone has calmed down and gone out.

Skyseeker realised what she meant. All the cats were getting into groups. It looked like they would be going about midday. A few cats lounged around.

Skyseeker realised Ember had left to meet one so Skyseeker decided to go explore the camp. Trees and bushes, as well as dens, stuck out everywhere. Skyseeker rounded some bushed to see an elderly grey cat lounging on a stone. His pelt rippled in the sunlight as Skyseeker went to say hello.

Skyseeker guessed this was Doc, for his pelt smelled of herbs such as marigold and goldenseal.

IM MOTIVATING MYSELF FROM BIRB'S MOTIVATION STATION

ahem

Doc looked up sleepily, stretching out his front paws. His green eyes stretched wide. "Oh!" His voice mewed. It was deep but a bit shrill. "Your the new cat!" he gasped. His eyes obviously was amazed by his pelt. "Krampy would love this!" He mewed, then shook his head. "He loves everything. Anyway, I'm Doc! You are..."

"Skyseeker"

"Fascinating!"

"Excuse me?"

Doc laughed, a warm laugh. "Sorry- It just reminds me of an old story of green lights i the sky and how cats followed it to these territories." Skyseeker wavered her tail, "I never met my parents," She said. Doc shook his head. "Me neither. Died at the Mountaindomain's claws." Skyseeker flinched and Doc's eyes widened again. "Sorry. They live up there-" Through the trees, Skyseeker could make out large, growing mountains, piercing the sky. Small amount of clouds wafted past but Skyseeker could hardly see past the canopy.

"I should meet... everyone..." Skyseeker sighed and walked away after she spoke.

The nearest cat was in front of another den, but with butterflies lacing the roof. Shiny objects lay on the carpet in front. This cat had a shimmering white pelt and sat exquisitely, nose in the clouds basically. Beautiful white ears twitched and she looked down, disgusted, at Skyseeker.

"Eew!" The high-pitched cat squeaked, and looked away indignantly. "Ugh, who are you?" She asked, looking back at Skyseeker. "Oh um-" Skyseeker started, and was interrupted. "Look, you don't know me, and I don't know you, so lets get one thing straight," The pure cat continued, "I'm Missy, and I'm the most important cat in the forest. Got it?" Missy asked. "Uh-" Missy interrupted again. "Good. Now leave me be." she turned away again.

Skyseeker realised that it smelled oddly fruity around here. Skyseeker felt eyes watching her, and she turned to see a greenish-dark brown tabby cat watching her. His muscular shoulders rippled angrily and he looked permanently tense. Better go say hi, She thought reluctantly.

Walking innocently closer, Skyseeker came to meet the cat.

"Halt!"

Shocked by his deep yowl, she realized he was talking to her.

"M-me?"

"Yes."

"W-what did I do?"

"We don't tolerate strangers here" he growled.

Skyseeker felt a pang of sadness. Didn't they accept her yet? Or did he not know?

"I'm apart of the Forestcolony now..." She began, but he violently shook his moss brown head. "We have enough trouble. You haven't proven yourself in battle. Until then, watch your tail around here or we'll have a problem" He growled. "I'm Sarge" he added reluctantly.

Confusion shone earthy green in her pelt. "Battle?" She asked, but he had turned away. She sighed, and went outside the hedges. Distant calls echoed in the thick but light forest. She headed west, and she saw another den. Crystals laced the roof and floor, and mushrooms marked a small pathway.

2 minutes ago, Fox leaf said:

Confusion shone earthy green in her pelt. "Battle?" She asked, but he had turned away. She sighed, and went outside the hedges. Distant calls echoed in the thick but light forest. She headed west, and she saw another den. Crystals laced the roof and floor, and mushrooms marked a small pathway.

A small bit handsome blue cat walked out, and as he spotted her, the tiredness faded from his eyes. "As a warm wind on the spring breeze, a new soul brings light to my life" he spoke. His gaze was warm, and greeted her friendly. "My name is Lyrus. A pleasure to meet you, my rose" he continued. His tail curled around his paws and he gracefully sat down. "Oh um, I'm Skyseeker" Skyseeker replied. Lyrus let out a warm laugh. Content settled into Skyseeker's pelt.

On 2/21/2023 at 9:20 AM, Fox leaf said:

A small bit handsome blue cat walked out, and as he spotted her, the tiredness faded from his eyes. "As a warm wind on the spring breeze, a new soul brings light to my life" he spoke. His gaze was warm, and greeted her friendly. "My name is Lyrus. A pleasure to meet you, my rose" he continued. His tail curled around his paws and he gracefully sat down. "Oh um, I'm Skyseeker" Skyseeker replied. Lyrus let out a warm laugh. Content settled into Skyseeker's pelt.

Lyrus sat on a smooth, flat rock. He began grooming his ruffled fur.

After watching him for a moment, Skyseeker decided to explore the forest. Her tail waved goodbye, and she was running through the trees.

A flash of yellow caught her eye, and a large flower was lit by sunlight drifting through the emerald canopy.

Skyseeker crawled towards it and delicately picked the flower off the stem. She sniffed for a moment, but didn't recognise the scent.

Rustle rustle

Her attention was caught as a nearby squeak echoed in her ear. She peered over the undergrowth and saw a mouse rustling done dead leaves.

Skyseeker licked her jaws and slowly crept through the long grass. The mouse jerked up, alert for any sign of danger. Skyseeker halted, wavering cautiously.

Oh no!

The mouse could smell her, and her ear flicked. A sudden shape leaped from the bushes to her left, and pinned the mouse down. 

The cat was a light brown tabby with green eyes. He picked up the mouse and looked at her. Skyseeker stood up awkwardly.

"Can you even hunt?" His warm voice asked. He padded over to her. He quickly buried the mouse and sat down.

"Nice to meet you, too," Skyseeker growled, a hint of warmth in her mew. The other cat chuckled and wrapped his tail over his paws as he sat down. He was lean and muscular, but didn't look like a fighter.

"Name's Scout, I hunt for the Forestcolony. I'm glad hunting was never hard for me" Scout mewed. He began to groom a paw and birds echoed overhead. "I'm Skyseeker..." Skyseeker says awkwardly. A squirrel chirped alarmingly from it's post on a low branch.

Scout leaped gracefully onto the branch and knocked the squirrel down. Skyseeker caught it and pinned it down. When the small body was limp, Scout was gone, and Skyseeker was left to wander the forest.

Skyseeker realised she had dropped the flower where the mouse was, and when she got back, it was trampled and dull.

With a hiss of annoyance, Skyseeker turned away, looking for more flowers. The sun had passed the highest point and had started floating down.

Skyseeker gasped as a large log loomed ahead, so she decided to check it out. It was thinly hollowed out, and it seemed to grow forever. There was fungus in colours of orange and white everywhere. Moss tangled in the soft wood and it sunk under Skyseeker's paws.

A glint of light suddenly hit a small stone pool outside the log. She squeezed out a hole and made her way to the pool. Crystals lined it, and it wasn't very big. Skyseeker decided to lap up some water.

She felt so different

Like she could fly

Like she could punch down every tree

Like she had a new strength

Skyseeker shook her dizzy head, and the pool was gone, and so was the sun.