Stray Fawn Community

Niche-ifying your characters! [CLOSED]

jaxpsylla

Have an OC who isn't a nicheling? Reply with a ref here and I'll turn them into one!

If you have recommended genes don't be afraid to put them with the ref too! And please specify if your character does/does not have a mane, or what their age is!

• Like 1
  • Eek! 1

uhhhh you can do either of them

tranquil!!

definitely NOT tranquil, she's pretty much everywhere

(no mane, 2 gems, she definitely would have poison fangs. maybe toxic body?)

((i accidentally made her way taller in the image than i intended she's actually pretty small)

spring.thumb.png.245e9009a46219523e2e25a14acfe35d.png

atlas!! i hope this is a good enogh ref for you (base is by plasmawolf2016. i dont feel like drawing and all the refs i have are old and outdated)

he escapes from arrest (or just gets arrested) very often because he keeps walking up to hivewing guards and trying to start a casual conversation with them

he's also big. very big. like, he's the size of morrowseer even though he's half his age

(yes mane, 3 gems, he would definitely have big body and antennae)

image.thumb.png.2e8df306141dc1ed2fc87074eff08250.png

• Like 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Guest said:

*rises mysteriously out of the void*

Uh

I think

The guy

CFC65F4B-82CA-443E-9228-94231CF444FE.thumb.jpeg.3913341d8f9132787006c982751b73f4.jpeg

Would probably have toxic (for the blue) or armored (for the look) body, and fishing tail would likeley match

*steps back into the void*

Oh yeah forgot to say mane and 3 gems

• Like 1

On 2/10/2023 at 11:24 AM, BirbMonster said:

*rises mysteriously out of the void*

Uh

I think

The guy

CFC65F4B-82CA-443E-9228-94231CF444FE.thumb.jpeg.3913341d8f9132787006c982751b73f4.jpeg

Would probably have toxic (for the blue) or armored (for the look) body, and fishing tail would likeley match

*steps back into the void*

Started yours first!

I chose to combine toxic body and armor body because I couldn't decide which one I liked more.

I made the horn color light beige because it looked closer to his talons.

Went with the fishing tail like you said, and added savanna horns because it looked similar to the single horn he already has. Gave him mammut foot and bearyena hindlegs because it matched the fuzzy forelegs and clawed back legs. I also made a pretty blue mane, because I wanted to :D

Lastly, I gave him cracker jaw, because it looked tough and wide.

Enjoy!

image.thumb.png.c9b77904fb2c14faa874920a076e61df.png

I'll be working on the others later ^^

• Like 1
  • Love 6

On 2/10/2023 at 1:16 PM, lizardcake said:

uhhhh you can do either of them

tranquil!!

((i accidentally made her way taller in the image than i intended she's actually pretty small)

atlas!! i hope this is a good enogh ref for you (base is by plasmawolf2016. i dont feel like drawing and all the refs i have are old and outdated)

he escapes from arrest (or just gets arrested) very often because he keeps walking up to hivewing guards and trying to start a casual conversation with them

he's also big. very big. like, he's the size of morrowseer even though he's half his age

(yes mane, 3 gems, he would definitely have big body and antennae)

image.thumb.png.2e8df306141dc1ed2fc87074eff08250.png

Went ahead and finished this one tonight as well! I will get to your character tomorrow, Foxleaf, apologies 😅 Also! I decided to do both instead of just one; they're both so cute!

I started with Tranquil first. I gace her the venomous fangs like you said, but I decided to give her water body instead of toxic body for a few reasons:

1. You stated she was a smaller character, and with the way that I draw nichelings, toxic body is MASSIVE compared to other body types. Water body is smaller, so I figured it would work better.

2. The fins on her back and behind her ears worked perfectly with what her character looked like. Although, i did take creative liberties with the back fin, making it sparkly even though there's no sparkly fin there. I hope it's ok 😅

Next, I gave her bat wings to simulate her dragon (?) wings, and normal hindlegs because they looked similar enough. I gave her horns for obvious reasons, and normal ears just because those seemed to fit. As for the beaver tail, I just wanted a long smooth tail to go with her long smooth body.

I gave her a little bit of every pattern here; spots, stripes, and even the mask. I just wanted to have fun. I hope you like her!

tranquil.thumb.png.014334bec3d09cf731c26fa9c9d47c47.png

Next is Atlas!

As per request, I gave him antennae and big body. I contemplated doubling both the horns and body types to give a savanna horns-antenna mix and big-spiky body mix, but ultimately I didn't.

The ear and snout choice were just instinct. He had a long, rounded out snout, so I just went with it.

As for the wings, I decided one pair wasn't enough and just gave him too. I wonder how that would effect his flight...? Very interesting.

Normal hindlegs and tail just because I couldn't think of anything special for that department. I considered making my own spiky tail just for fun, but I didn't. 

For pattern I just gave him stripes that matched his scales, and his wings are just extra detailed because I wanted too. :P

atlas.thumb.png.d92faf320352369acf1dec574635a5ef.png

I hope you like them! I'll continue this thread tomorrow! If y'all are interested in more, I could use a few more excercises, so keep the characters comin'!

• Like 1
  • Love 6

On 2/11/2023 at 5:16 AM, lizardcake said:

tranquil!!

I feel like her back leg is broken

3 hours ago, CATFISHPARTY said:

Started yours first!

I chose to combine toxic body and armor body because I couldn't decide which one I liked more.

I made the horn color light beige because it looked closer to his talons.

Went with the fishing tail like you said, and added savanna horns because it looked similar to the single horn he already has. Gave him mammut foot and bearyena hindlegs because it matched the fuzzy forelegs and clawed back legs. I also made a pretty blue mane, because I wanted to :D

Lastly, I gave him cracker jaw, because it looked tough and wide.

Enjoy!

image.thumb.png.c9b77904fb2c14faa874920a076e61df.png

I'll be working on the others later ^^

PERFECTION
THANK YOU

• Like 1

2 hours ago, CATFISHPARTY said:

Went ahead and finished this one tonight as well! I will get to your character tomorrow, Foxleaf, apologies 😅 Also! I decided to do both instead of just one; they're both so cute!

I started with Tranquil first. I gace her the venomous fangs like you said, but I decided to give her water body instead of toxic body for a few reasons:

1. You stated she was a smaller character, and with the way that I draw nichelings, toxic body is MASSIVE compared to other body types. Water body is smaller, so I figured it would work better.

2. The fins on her back and behind her ears worked perfectly with what her character looked like. Although, i did take creative liberties with the back fin, making it sparkly even though there's no sparkly fin there. I hope it's ok 😅

Next, I gave her bat wings to simulate her dragon (?) wings, and normal hindlegs because they looked similar enough. I gave her horns for obvious reasons, and normal ears just because those seemed to fit. As for the beaver tail, I just wanted a long smooth tail to go with her long smooth body.

I gave her a little bit of every pattern here; spots, stripes, and even the mask. I just wanted to have fun. I hope you like her!

Next is Atlas!

As per request, I gave him antennae and big body. I contemplated doubling both the horns and body types to give a savanna horns-antenna mix and big-spiky body mix, but ultimately I didn't.

The ear and snout choice were just instinct. He had a long, rounded out snout, so I just went with it.

As for the wings, I decided one pair wasn't enough and just gave him too. I wonder how that would effect his flight...? Very interesting.

Normal hindlegs and tail just because I couldn't think of anything special for that department. I considered making my own spiky tail just for fun, but I didn't. 

For pattern I just gave him stripes that matched his scales, and his wings are just extra detailed because I wanted too. :P

I hope you like them! I'll continue this thread tomorrow! If y'all are interested in more, I could use a few more excercises, so keep the characters comin'!

SJKDLFGDJKLFKLG /pos

THANK YOU THEY BOTH LOOK AMAZING

• Like 1

On 2/12/2023 at 5:59 PM, CATFISHPARTY said:

Next is Atlas!

Deliciously wonderful

On 2/10/2023 at 3:08 PM, Fox leaf said:

I have no picture but I'm very descriptive.

Foxleaf

No mane

Two gems

Hazelnut brown fur with pale yellow on tail tip, chest, cheeks, chin

Orange eyes

On 2/13/2023 at 1:17 PM, Lilytuft said:

This creature

sploosh.thumb.png.000b63f5bff0b489054f1f68a03c4854.png

More info on them here if you need it:

https://artfight.net/character/2867568.abandoned-juice

(you can discard the whole juice thing)

On 2/13/2023 at 3:32 PM, GreenTheGreat said:

Icarus!!! Two gems with a mane! I think my only gene suggestion would be antenna. Otherwise, go wild!! Wings not required btw.Icky.thumb.png.a3f1b8d4853ca6962226a35b79187892.png

Apologies for the late reply! My week has been busy 😅 All three of these will be done tonight ❤️ 

• Like 1

On 2/10/2023 at 3:08 PM, Fox leaf said:

I have no picture but I'm very descriptive.

Foxleaf

No mane

Two gems

Hazelnut brown fur with pale yellow on tail tip, chest, cheeks, chin

Orange eyes

Started with yours first.

Based off of your status and the name, I assumed this character was a medicine cat, so it kinda influenced my design choices!

First of all I gave the purring head, not only because it's cat shaped, but because of the healing propertys of its purr.

Second, I gave her nimble fingers and a velvet paw. This makes her a sneaky cat and a great gatherer!

Her body, hindlegs, tail, and ears are just normal.

I specifically picked out orange and purple gems because her eyes were orange, and also I associate purple gems with healers :D (In an old RP i was in, the healers had purple gems.)

So here she is!

Foxleaf.thumb.png.46e12a771bb69afce4b56f7d61febf4c.png

• Love 5

On 2/13/2023 at 1:17 PM, Lilytuft said:

This creature

sploosh.thumb.png.000b63f5bff0b489054f1f68a03c4854.png

More info on them here if you need it:

https://artfight.net/character/2867568.abandoned-juice

(you can discard the whole juice thing)

I liked this character a lot! What worried me was it already sorta looked like a nicheling 😅 but regardless, I think I did well.

As an obvious choice, I went with gills. With it, I added webbed hindlegs to further push that fishy feeling :D 

The ears and front paws are normal, but I used lean body because they looked very slim, like they had no fur.

As for the tail, beaver tail seemed fitting just because of its shape.

I used blue gems because it was the color of their fins. Also, I may have gotten carried away with the stripes 😅

Anyways, I hope you like them!

Juice.thumb.png.173055bd9959abd2b9b1b5f25e793877.png

• Love 4

On 2/13/2023 at 3:32 PM, GreenTheGreat said:

Icarus!!! Two gems with a mane! I think my only gene suggestion would be antenna. Otherwise, go wild!! Wings not required btw.Icky.thumb.png.a3f1b8d4853ca6962226a35b79187892.png

Last but not least, Icarus!

This one was a bit tricky, but I think I got it.

I gave him normal snout and body, along with normal hindlegs and ears. 

I used the antennae like you suggested! 

I also gave him a claw, because of his reference showing an extended paw with claws. Just thought it was cute :P 

The patterns were hard to see but I tried my hardest. I also gave him red gems because it matched his bandana!

As for the tail, I went for stinky tail, just because it was very big!

I debated adding little moth wings, but I never did. Sorry 😅

Hope you like him!

Icarus.thumb.png.139b1eea0ff48bdaa5bb12ec30982cc1.png

And with that, this thread is done!

• Love 5

• jaxpsylla changed the title to Niche-ifying your characters! [CLOSED]
1 minute ago, CATFISHPARTY said:

Last but not least, Icarus!

This one was a bit tricky, but I think I got it.

I gave him normal snout and body, along with normal hindlegs and ears. 

I used the antennae like you suggested! 

I also gave him a claw, because of his reference showing an extended paw with claws. Just thought it was cute :P 

The patterns were hard to see but I tried my hardest. I also gave him red gems because it matched his bandana!

As for the tail, I went for stinky tail, just because it was very big!

I debated adding little moth wings, but I never did. Sorry 😅

Hope you like him!

Icarus.thumb.png.139b1eea0ff48bdaa5bb12ec30982cc1.png

And with that, this thread is done!

OH MY GOSH I LOVE HIM SO MUCH!!!!! TY!!!!

• Like 1

19 hours ago, CATFISHPARTY said:

I liked this character a lot! What worried me was it already sorta looked like a nicheling 😅 but regardless, I think I did well.

As an obvious choice, I went with gills. With it, I added webbed hindlegs to further push that fishy feeling :D 

The ears and front paws are normal, but I used lean body because they looked very slim, like they had no fur.

As for the tail, beaver tail seemed fitting just because of its shape.

I used blue gems because it was the color of their fins. Also, I may have gotten carried away with the stripes 😅

Anyways, I hope you like them!

Juice.thumb.png.173055bd9959abd2b9b1b5f25e793877.png

:O! So pretty! And now they can finally fulfill their dream of swimming!

• Like 1