Stray Fawn Community

sandox settings yall tend to use :)

my apologies if this already exists as i could not find it. But! what settings do yall typically use on sandbox mode? I usually leave everything on default besides lifespans and turning off regenerating grass. because i personally don't like the way it plays. and long lifespans give me more time to make stories and get attached to my nichelings. But i'm curious what is more or less common to be done and the reasons you might have to do things that way. Screenshot2023-03-19111233.thumb.png.78af66547d5dd0db31f2acf2eb4be29b.png

Screenshot 2023-03-19 111332.png

• Like 1

i usually make my lifespans 70 days total (3 days as baby, 3 days as child, 14 days as teen, and 50 days as adult.) i usually turn off grass unless i'm playing in the jungle, and sometimes i turn off rogue males as well. damage settings are usually x3 for enemy, x1 for hunger, x2 for environmental, and x3 for healing.

16 hours ago, AndromedaCake_ said:

i usually make my lifespans 70 days total (3 days as baby, 3 days as child, 14 days as teen, and 50 days as adult.) i usually turn off grass unless i'm playing in the jungle, and sometimes i turn off rogue males as well. damage settings are usually x3 for enemy, x1 for hunger, x2 for environmental, and x3 for healing.

Rogue males can be a tad frustrating, but i kinda flip flop on whether i keep them on or not as well lol. Sometimes it can be an interesting mechanic to play around. Ty then

I never really have one set of sandbox settings in paticular, I do various things with different settings. Though it is rare for me to set lifespans as long as you guys, since I don't really storytell with my nichelings much

On 3/24/2023 at 8:37 PM, Foxcake said:

I have long lifespans and I hate grass, so I turn that off. I also get rid of environmental damage because illness is super annoying, but I want to be able to like, drown nichelings so it's a hard choice

I agree about the environmental damage thing, kind of a hard trade off lol. I don't deal with illness too often unless it's with the rogue babies tho thankfully.

On 3/21/2023 at 6:33 PM, Modiano Ourania said:

I tend to remove regrowing grass and rogue males, lifespan is 75 for adults and a bit longer for the others too. I heighten damage too (except hunger because it would be tripled)

I heighten damage sometimes when I'm playing in a particularly safe biome just cuz lol. Hunger can be really annoying to deal with at high levels when you're having a drought tho so absolutely understandable ToT

I leave the age settings at default because I tend to overbreed. I mostly use the settings to customize nichelings and maybe add a win condition or additional damage if I'm doing a challenge

Oh and I'm surprised by the amount of people who turn off grass. I love grass! It's great for plot. Do bearyenas even spawn without grass?

2 minutes ago, Lilytuft said:

Oh and I'm surprised by the amount of people who turn off grass. I love grass! It's great for plot. Do bearyenas even spawn without grass?

they do, but i think the chances are lowered without grass.

• Like 1

On 4/2/2023 at 9:40 PM, Lilytuft said:

they spawn in tiles that aren't visible to nichelings, so they spawn both from grass and dark spots

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/2/2023 at 3:39 PM, Lilytuft said:

I leave the age settings at default because I tend to overbreed. I mostly use the settings to customize nichelings and maybe add a win condition or additional damage if I'm doing a challenge

overbreeding can be a problem for me sometimes too lol, idk its just fun to see how the babies come out.

• 2 weeks later...

I tend to expand the child age to 5, teen to 9, and the adult lifespan as 54 to make it add up to a round, even 80 days alive. Since I tend to overbreed but still wanted to have the expanded lifespan, I simply upped the pregnancy length to 6!

enemy damage is x3, hunger and environment damage is x2, and healing is 6.

Only thing I turn off is the balance bear but I used to disable apes as well. Might disable a few apes in my next save though, they're kind of a pain, but then again it might be taking some of the fun out of the jungle since risk helps interest.

20 hours ago, Broom Wielder said:

I tend to expand the child age to 5, teen to 9, and the adult lifespan as 54 to make it add up to a round, even 80 days alive. Since I tend to overbreed but still wanted to have the expanded lifespan, I simply upped the pregnancy length to 6!

enemy damage is x3, hunger and environment damage is x2, and healing is 6.

Only thing I turn off is the balance bear but I used to disable apes as well. Might disable a few apes in my next save though, they're kind of a pain, but then again it might be taking some of the fun out of the jungle since risk helps interest.

oh i feel that tbh, i once tried to disable the fox pack thingies in the snowy islands, cuz whenever they caught a group of younger nichelings it could be hard to deal with but it was just less interesting. I do suppose that's why they were put there to begin with lol