Stray Fawn Community

Stray Fawn Academy (RP) [OPEN]

Star Starless

On 4/27/2023 at 2:45 PM, Star Starless said:

As you sat there in confusion, a loud booming voice suddenly filled the silence.

"Welcome, new students!" a cheery voice announced. As you turn to face the source of the sound, you turn to see a short, plump woman with mousy gray hair and bright eyes smiling at you. "My name is Headmistress Bonnet and may I be the first to welcome you to our esteemed Academy! Now, we mustn't delay, the festivities will be beginning soon! Follow me!" The woman departed through a large opening into the building, and you felt obligated to follow her.

Fletcher paused and nervously sighed, reluctantly stopping from hiding behind a tree and following the small but loud headmistress..

5 hours ago, shortcake said:

(we started i think either yesterday or the day before

( Soo do i wait for star to tell me when to join in? Or do i just pop in? I have no idea. 

1 hour ago, Sylence said:

( Soo do i wait for star to tell me when to join in? Or do i just pop in? I have no idea. 

(

i'd say just wait. You could probably do like an "alt" thing, where like, you dont really interact with anyone quite yet until Star gives you the ok, but where you're still in the story. otherwise, best bet is to just wait. Star should be online within the next 24 hours (i hope)

OH SPEAKING OF WHICH

Star- i have ideas to help keep things organized:

• if we have ideas for the storyline that we want to share with people, but not like, outright say it, then we can put it in a quote box, along with when we are discussing anything outside of the rp. so like, if someone asks a question about the rp, like sylence did, we would put the text in a quote box

like this

• we could put the character's name along with the location underlined and in bold before the story chunk.
  • and then whenever we're interacting with someone else's character(s), we can ping them so they know that they can respond back

I'm on another forums site, and this is how everyone there does rp stuff so i though why not do it here.

oh btw heres an example thingy i made with a screenshot of a post from the other forums site that I'm on

Screenshot2023-04-2811_10_43PM.thumb.png.a4b8c005fba5e5f175a0ab93fdc112e0.png

note that i won't be offended or take it personally if you decide not to do any of these things. /gen /pos

• Eek! 1

On 4/28/2023 at 10:58 PM, Sylence said:

(sorry i was gone for a while. just wait and ill tell everyone when the teachers really come in, and then you can pop in and introduce your character anytime)

• Paw up 1

22 hours ago, shortcake said:

(

i'd say just wait. You could probably do like an "alt" thing, where like, you dont really interact with anyone quite yet until Star gives you the ok, but where you're still in the story. otherwise, best bet is to just wait. Star should be online within the next 24 hours (i hope)

OH SPEAKING OF WHICH

Star- i have ideas to help keep things organized:

• if we have ideas for the storyline that we want to share with people, but not like, outright say it, then we can put it in a quote box, along with when we are discussing anything outside of the rp. so like, if someone asks a question about the rp, like sylence did, we would put the text in a quote box
  • we could put the character's name along with the location underlined and in bold before the story chunk.
  • and then whenever we're interacting with someone else's character(s), we can ping them so they know that they can respond back

I'm on another forums site, and this is how everyone there does rp stuff so i though why not do it here.

oh btw heres an example thingy i made with a screenshot of a post from the other forums site that I'm on

Screenshot2023-04-2811_10_43PM.thumb.png.a4b8c005fba5e5f175a0ab93fdc112e0.png

note that i won't be offended or take it personally if you decide not to do any of these things. /gen /pos

(i love this, thanks for the suggestion!)

• Paw up 1

On 4/27/2023 at 2:45 PM, Star Starless said:

As you sat there in confusion, a loud booming voice suddenly filled the silence.

"Welcome, new students!" a cheery voice announced. As you turn to face the source of the sound, you turn to see a short, plump woman with mousy gray hair and bright eyes smiling at you. "My name is Headmistress Bonnet and may I be the first to welcome you to our esteemed Academy! Now, we mustn't delay, the festivities will be beginning soon! Follow me!" The woman departed through a large opening into the building, and you felt obligated to follow her.

As you followed her down winding corridors, you eventually wound up in a large hall, filled with tables, each with a piece of parchment on them. The headmistress cleared her throat. "Welcome to the Sorting Ceremony, where you will be placed in each one of our clans, which will be your home here. The clans are Philodoxus, Exypynos, Eidos, and Andreis. I will not provide any information on the clans, as to not sway your opinion. Please take a seat at any of the tables and begin filling out the parchment, answering every question honestly." Her voice suddenly turned a tone darker as she said, "Don't lie, it knows when you lie, and the consequences are dire." Her smile returned soon after that. "Good luck!" You rush over to one of the tables.

40 minutes ago, Star Starless said:

As you followed her down winding corridors, you eventually wound up in a large hall, filled with tables, each with a piece of parchment on them. The headmistress cleared her throat. "Welcome to the Sorting Ceremony, where you will be placed in each one of our clans, which will be your home here. The clans are Philodoxus, Exypynos, Eidos, and Andreis. I will not provide any information on the clans, as to not sway your opinion. Please take a seat at any of the tables and begin filling out the parchment, answering every question honestly." Her voice suddenly turned a tone darker as she said, "Don't lie, it knows when you lie, and the consequences are dire." Her smile returned soon after that. "Good luck!" You rush over to one of the tables.

they were gradually becoming more and more confused with what was going on. the number of questions grew with each passing moment, but they decided not to ask any of them because they were honestly a bit intimidated by the headmistress, so they just sat down and looked over at the questions.

4 hours ago, Star Starless said:

Andromeda went towards the table in the farthest corner, sitting down in the last seat. She didn't trust any of the humans or creatures here. She watched all of them take seats, hoping no one sat next to her as she filled out her parchment.

2 hours ago, Star Starless said:

Darn… that person was definitely scary… better not approach her… Fletcher thought nervously as he walked up to one of the tables and started filling it out..

(Teachers can now enter)

As everyone began filling out their tests, a group of adults entered the room. They began watching over the kids as they were filling out the paper, whispering to each other.

13 minutes ago, Star Starless said:

(Teachers can now enter)

As everyone began filling out their tests, a group of adults entered the room. They began watching over the kids as they were filling out the paper, whispering to each other.

Andromeda looked at them curiously before continuing to fill out the test, using her tail to write, as she felt it was more comfortable than using her paws.

Edited by Staring Hampter

On 5/3/2023 at 2:40 PM, Star Starless said:

Sullivain:

Sullivain sat down at the least crowded table, which consisted of one other boy with dark brown hair and tan skin. Sullivain didn't want to interact with this boy, but when he flipped his parchment, the boy looked up and smiled. "Hey, I'm Iris! What's your name!"

"Sullivain" he replied, as he began filling out the questionaire.

How would your friends describe you? What is this, a Buzzfeed quiz? Sullivain thought as he flipped through the pages. When he had finished, he just sat there, staring at the parchment. Wait.. was it glowing? Sullivain watched as the paper began to float and glow, and then it exploded right in front of his face. Sullivain began screaming a lot of unfriendly curses, but when he looked back down, he realized his paper had exploded into a pair of robes with green lining.

"Ah! Our first student has been sorted into their clan! Ahem, where's Star, I need to tell her that someone's been sorted into Philodoxus, um, has anyone seen Star?!" the headmistress yelled towards the horde of what Sullivain assumed were teachers.

Iris:

Why am I here? He thought as he sat down at an empty table near the corner of the room and began answering the questions on the paper. He glanced around at the others, all who looked as nervous as he did. What if this is some sort of choosing ceremony, selecting the best from the worst? Will I make it? His thoughts were racing as he checked off the boxes on the paper. He was so caught up in his thoughts that he didn't even notice the sandy blonde haired boy that was sitting next to him. Iris's head snapped up.

"Hi, I'm Iris! What's your name?" he said in an attempt to be friendly.

"Sullivain." The boy replied dryly, turning to his paper.

Well that was nice... Iris thought as he continued writing on his paper. He didn't know how long he was engrossed in the paper, the questions seemed to go on forever, until a loud curse word interrupted his thoughts. Sullivain's paper was glowing, and he was muttering curse words. Iris almost screamed when the paper blew up, and in its place were black and green robes.

What the f-

1 hour ago, Star Starless said:

(Teachers can now enter)

Tau was busy in the library still, organizing books and putting them into their proper place. Though she had sudden visions of what was happening presently. She was intimidated by it. 

On 5/3/2023 at 1:40 PM, Star Starless said:

Collin didn't want to sit at a table with people already there, but he couldn't seem to find an empty table anywhere. He scanned the room and saw a purple cat with little stars sitting by themselves towards the corner of the room and decided to sit with them.

1 hour ago, Star Starless said:

(Teachers can now enter)

Collin began to fill out the questions that were printed the parchment. He couldn't help but notice, though, a group of adults whispering softly to each other. he did his best to not get distracted by them.

(also i forgot to mention this but are there 3 people playing teacher characters who know what clans their character would want to be in? We need 3 teachers to be the leaders/heads of the clans as well as teachers. All of the clans are open except for Philodoxus)

8 hours ago, Star Starless said:

(Teachers can now enter)

Green watched the kids with cat-like curiosity. Well, based on the kids here, this should be fun. I mean, new students are usually pretty fun, especially since they still have barely any idea what had happened. 

(Also I can be Exypnos head if u want!!)

10 hours ago, Star Starless said:

(Teachers can now enter)

he glanced up, rolled his eyes then went back to his paper.

11 hours ago, Star Starless said:

(Teachers can now enter)

(vine boom)

Rusty was busy caring for her plants. After all, she had a lot of them...

11 hours ago, Star Starless said:

Sullivain:

Sullivain sat down at the least crowded table, which consisted of one other boy with dark brown hair and tan skin. Sullivain didn't want to interact with this boy, but when he flipped his parchment, the boy looked up and smiled. "Hey, I'm Iris! What's your name!"

"Sullivain" he replied, as he began filling out the questionaire.

How would your friends describe you? What is this, a Buzzfeed quiz? Sullivain thought as he flipped through the pages. When he had finished, he just sat there, staring at the parchment. Wait.. was it glowing? Sullivain watched as the paper began to float and glow, and then it exploded right in front of his face. Sullivain began screaming a lot of unfriendly curses, but when he looked back down, he realized his paper had exploded into a pair of robes with green lining.

"Ah! Our first student has been sorted into their clan! Ahem, where's Star, I need to tell her that someone's been sorted into Philodoxus, um, has anyone seen Star?!" the headmistress yelled towards the horde of what Sullivain assumed were teachers.

Iris:

Why am I here? He thought as he sat down at an empty table near the corner of the room and began answering the questions on the paper. He glanced around at the others, all who looked as nervous as he did. What if this is some sort of choosing ceremony, selecting the best from the worst? Will I make it? His thoughts were racing as he checked off the boxes on the paper. He was so caught up in his thoughts that he didn't even notice the sandy blonde haired boy that was sitting next to him. Iris's head snapped up.

"Hi, I'm Iris! What's your name?" he said in an attempt to be friendly.

"Sullivain." The boy replied dryly, turning to his paper.

Well that was nice... Iris thought as he continued writing on his paper. He didn't know how long he was engrossed in the paper, the questions seemed to go on forever, until a loud curse word interrupted his thoughts. Sullivain's paper was glowing, and he was muttering curse words. Iris almost screamed when the paper blew up, and in its place were black and green robes.

What the f-

Sullivain:

The Headmistress rushed over to Sullivain, dragging a very grumpy looking young woman with her.

"Stop touching me, Bon, I can walk." the girl said, shaking her arm out of the Headmistresses grip. Sullivain only then realized how strange she looked. I mean, she had the normal frame of a human. She was about 5"10' with long, wavy, hazel-colored hair. Her irises were red, which made her eyes look like they were studded with rubies. She was wearing a long brown trench coat with a black tank top, ripped jeans, and black boots, like she woke up that morning and grabbed her clothes off the floor. However, Sullivain also then realized the crooked golden crown on her head, and the dark red marks on her face, like someone took a paintbrush and painted lines and cracks on her face. He also realized she had a large pair of black feathered wings on her back." When she reached Sullivain's table, she scowled.

"Introduce yourself, Star." The headmistress asked. The girl turned towards the headmistress.

"Well now I don't need to, because you just did." the girl said sassily.

"You know what I meant." The headmistress stated dryly. The girl turned around and faced Sullivain.

" 'Names Star, teacher of spells and curses here at this dump and head of the Philodoxus clan. I'm basically who you go to when you need help-" she shuddered "friendship-wise" Sullivain nodded. She continued talking. "Philodoxus is the clan for the ambitious and cunning, so, welcome I guess." she shrugged. "Grab those things-" she pointed at the robes. "And go stand over there." she pointed to a corner of the room with a large ram statue.

"Why?" Sullivain asked.

"Go." She demanded. A chill ran down Sullivain's spine, and he stood up and walked to the corner. Soon, more kid's papers began exploding, and they were sent to different corners of the room, each with a different animal statue. There was a statue of an owl in the back left corner, a statue of a rabbit in the back right corner, and a statue of a tiger to the left of him. Sullivain leaned back on the statue of the ram as more kids were beginning to be sent to their statues. He saw Star going around, talking to tons of kids. With every one she encountered, she looked more and more angry. Sullivain sighed. What the hell am I doing here. Magic? I mean, that would explain - his thoughts were interrupted by the same voice he had heard before.

"Hey, Sullivain!"

Iris:

After his paper exploded, Iris saw he had red robes instead of green. Huh? But Sullivain got green? Did I fail the test or something? Is that why it's red? All he knew was he was told by some teacher to take his robes and go stand near the tiger statue near the front of the room. As he did, he glanced around the room, seeing a group of kids with yellow robes near the rabbit and a group of kids with blue robes near the owl. How are they dividing us? This makes no sense. Iris thought as his eyes drifted to the ram statue, and he saw a familiar face.

"Hey Sullivain!" Iris saw him shoot up and glance over at Iris. He waved. Sullivain awkwardly waved back.

"What group are you in?" Iris asked.

"Philodoxus, whatever that means." he replied.

"Oh cool, I'm in Andreis, although I don't really know what it means either." Iris replied.