Stray Fawn Community

=Shattered Jewels and Broken Hearts=

suruzzy

From the foamy waves four wash up,

Four young nichelings, bruised and battered with their pasts forgotten.

A vicious island that seems to growl, our young heros must tame.

If not they'll perish with no one the remember their names.

• Eek! 2

The four lie in the sand, the only sign of life is the rise and fall of their chests.

The first to stir is a young warrior, opening her blue eyes and staring about in confusion.

She quietly gets up and looks at the three others sprawled around her who were beginning to stir.

The pink female opens her eyes, and jumps up fearfully. "Daddy come back!" She shrieked in terror. The orange male opens his eye at the sound of the screaming. He holds his paw to his forehead. "Shut it Strawberry, you're giving me a headache." He shouted in irritation before looking confused.

The pinks on stopped her hyperventilating. "But the island, our berries, Mommy." She sniffled. "What about everyone else?"

The grey warrior who had been quiet before shook out her damp fur. "We can't dwell on to that, we need to get a baring."

The orange one bared his teeth. "What is this 'we' MoonStrike?" He snarled before looking confused again.

The grey female glared at him. "MoonStrike is my sister, I'm MoonStar." MoonStar looked paused, confusion spreading over her muzzle. "How did you know that? Who are you?"

They all paused.

"Lets start by just introducing ourselves." The grey one, MoonStar stated.

"I'm TigerMoth." The orange one stated bitterly.

"I'm Strawberry." The pink one sniffled.

"What about him?" TigerMoth grunted, pointing at the black male who was still lying down.

They blinked rapidly, trying to wake themselves fully awake.

"Raven." He croaked, getting to his feet and revealing his claws, ones only hybrids possessed.

the-four.png.7151a03bbbfcc2d41fc7fbbc2dde5e5c.png

• Like 2

They all stepped back.

Raven seemed unsurprised and gave his claws a lick. "If I was going to attack anyone I would have done it back at our island." He stated, his voice sounding slightly hurt.

TigerMoth snarled. "Listen here emo boy-" A shudder ran through him. TigerMoth looked shocked, then furious. "You monster!" He spat and leapt at Raven, clawing at his neck.

Raven made a howl that sounded like a bearyena as blood oozed from his neck.

the-fight-Copy.png.f99be5736d8a407e8d3ceb9ad4572d8d.png

MoonStar smacked TigerMoth off of Raven. "KNOCK IT OFF! YOU ARE ALL ACTING CHILDISH!” She roared. Strawberry tapped her. MoonStar took a deep breath.

"We need to find some food and a place to build camp. Until you learn to act your age Strawberry and Raven will go west, me and TigerMoth will go east." MoonStar stated more calmly.

TigerMoth bristled. "You're going to trust that beast?"

Raven sighed and slumped before Strawberry flung her paws around him. "I do!"

MoonStar shrugged. "Than it's settled, come on Tiger."

• Like 2

As TigerMoth and MoonStar headed east to look for roots Strawberry and Raven walked along the beach looking for berries.

Raven's ears perked up and with a small growl he leapt into the grass, leaving a small shriek pierce the air. When he came out a rabbil hung from his jaws.

Strawberry clapped enthusiastically.

Raven smelled the air and found a nest as well, letting Strawberry have it for the night. He curled up several feet away before hearing a high voice. 

"We can share, it's a large nest!" Strawberry stated enthusiastically.

Raven frowned. "You actually trust me to be that close?" He asked in a distrustful tone.

"Of course! You're super nice, you are't evil just because you've been raised by bearyenas!"

Raven frowned. "How do you know that?" He lied down in the nest.

"Just a feeling." Strawberry yawned, snuggling against him.

Raven could have sworn her eyes glowed before they both fell asleep.

friendship.png

• Like 2

The two awake the next day feeling different, and being noticeably larger.

Strawberry stretched before hearing the sound of MoonStar and TigerMoth's voices arguing in the distance.

"-Too keep the tribe alive." MoonStar stated plainly.

"We aren't a tribe!" TigerMoth insisted, his fur visibly ruffled.

Raven sat up and blinked himself awake, and noticing TihgerMoth's disgusted sneer.

"So emo boy didn't kill anyone."

((Here is a truly Oscar worthy screenshot.))

growing-up.png.f9e99cdb124b2811a65a09a93e5d587a.png

• Like 2

The "tribe" begins to carve out a territory, mostly relying the roots TigerMoth dug up.

MoonStar seemed to take up the unofficial role of leader, rationing food, and picking the poison berries that the others could not.

Strawberry and Raven started spending more and more time together, usually grooming and talking to one another in their spare time.

A month passes before MoonStar stands up and announces something important.

"For the good of our tribe we should start thinking about expanding, to provide protection and to help gather food."

Raven and Strawberry seem excited while TigerMoth regards them in disgust.

Weeks go by before the squeals of a new cub echoed through the tribe.

Raven and Strawberry cuddled up next to eachother as Strawberry groomed their cub.

"Tanuki, we'll call him Tanuki." She cooed.

New-baby.png.278146dad3e38754e28fa8a64cdbd4ef.png

A few days later Ruby is born, with her father nowhere in sight. MoonStar didn't seem to mind, they weren't mates anyway. This was a partnership to expand, nothing more.

Baby-Ruby.png.8370ce9dd1d2ad546bfb2d18cc152a48.png

• Like 1

16 hours ago, swweet tea said:

Does anyone have any criticism or suggestions? I just want to give a good story to the one person reading this.

(I know ive been dead on the forums for the past two months shh) 

Anyways

I think the story is good so far! I don't have any criticisms, but maybe it would be a cool idea to see tiger moths part of the story? Just an idea, since he's a bit of a background character right now. 

54 minutes ago, YourLocalStranger said:

(I know ive been dead on the forums for the past two months shh) 

Anyways

I think the story is good so far! I don't have any criticisms, but maybe it would be a cool idea to see tiger moths part of the story? Just an idea, since he's a bit of a background character right now. 

He's actually going to be a large part if the story! I've been trying to manage everything, but this is my first story playthrough so things might be wack :p But TigerMoth will be more involved, thank you so much for the impute!

• Love 1

TigerMoth slept badly, muttering and shaking in his sleep for the past week. Moonstrike asked him about it, but he just brushed her off.

"I'm fine, don't waste you time on me." TigerMoth grunted.

But he wasn't fine.

TigerMoth bedded down for the night and curled up, letting sleep overtake him.

He was a teen again, collecting berries and roots with his father, at least, he thought it was his father. Everyone's faces were blurry.

He shook his head and went back to collecting, hearing a splash from around the nursery but didn't think much of it. Then frenzied screaming echoed from the young cubs.

TigerMoth's eyes widened and he ran towards the nursery, seeing Raven's eyes wide with terror as he kept splashing his claws into the water.

A weak cry went up and when Raven pulled his claws back they were covered in blood.

A familiar pink cub started crying louder. "Fell in, fell in!" She wailed.

TigerMoth saw a small, soggy ball of fur being swept away by the river and was about to jump in before his father beat him to it.

The dream went fuzzy and dazzling lights blinded TigerMoth. Then everything merged together.

His little sister, the soggy ball of fur, had a bleeding cuts lining her throat. She was dead, by Raven's claws.

Tears lined his eyes and he turned away.

Raven was cowering in fear before the alpha, no doubt hearing how he had failed the tribe, having been given one job, how he had failed.

TigerMoth couldn't hear what the alpha said, but her lips spelled out the single word. 

"Murderer."

_________________________________________________________________________________

TigerMoth woke up shivering, the sun had started to rise. He got up, and walked over to the stream to drink. 

On his way there TigerMoth saw Raven walking back to camp from his nocturnal hunting trip and sighed.

• Like 1

Tanuki was now a teen, he'd finally be able to leave the nursery and help out the tribe.

He was practically vibrating as his mother said he could help clear out the territory and skipped out of the nursery.

As he tore through the grass he bumped into something. Assuming it was a rock he moved pass it.

The next thing he knew he was knocked down, the air knocked from his body as cold, red eyes bore into him.

Danger.png

• Like 1

Tanuki closed his eyes as the killer bearyena raised its large claws. He gave a small whimper before hearing a bearyena-like growl and opened his eyes.

Raven was biting its scruff and shaking it, being more of an irritation than causing pain. The monster lifted his paw and Tanuki fled back to the nursery to warn his mother.

Raven was shaken off, hitting his head against the rocky ground. The killer bearyena opened its jaws for the easy kill before MoonStar plowed into it.

TigerMoth hit the monster in the jaw and took off, leading it away from MoonStar.

_______________________________________________________________________________________________________

Meanwhile Strawberry was sniffling over a stillborn who had been buried the day before.

She lifted her head when she heard Tanuki running towards her, five bleeding punctures lining his chest.

"Bearyena. Super big. Dad fighting it. Move cubs now." He wheezed.

• Like 1

MoonStar dragged the unconscious hybrid as quickly as she could towards the nursery. She panted as she saw the small cluster of nests in the distance.

Moon started when she heard a small moan come from Raven as he opened his eyes.

"Don't try to speak, we aren't out of danger yet." She murmured, putting him down and looking about her.

The nursery was in shambles, the nests awkwardly scratched apart as if they were trampled, the ground scratched by massive claws.

MoonStar sniffed the air and was relieved to find the scent of Satrawberry, Tanuki, and Ruby old.

Raven gave a soft growl and shakily got to his feet. MoonStar quickly ran to him to give support.

Raven sniffed the ground before pointing across the river. "Over there..."

He whispered before passing out again.

_________________________________________________________________________________

TigerMoth wasn't having better luck, he thought he had lost the creature, but it had found him again.

He panted deep wheezing gasps as he ran, the bearyena hot on his tail. His heart pounded in time with the splashes his paws made in the riverbank.

TigerMoth only realized how close it was when he felt searing lines of pain across his back.

His scream was cut off by the water filling his throat.

__________________________________________________________________________________________

Strawberry sighed as she curled up against Ruby and Tanuki, wondering if they were the only survivors.

It had been three days since the bearyena attacked.

She sighed, sending up a prayer to the gods for her mate's and tribemates safety before lying down her head and letting sleep consume her.

Everything was moving. The fat berries vibrated on their vines, the water splashed over the banks, flooding the island.

The scream were the worst part, as were the strangled gurgles of those caught in the waves. Her cousin was one of them, his orange head being dunked under the water.

It was just before the very ground tore apart and seeing the terror on her parent's faces Strawberry realized what was happening.

They were all about to die.

A twig snapped, waking her up.

"Strawberry?" MoonStar whispered, laying down the weak Raven.

They were both soaking wet.

Strawberry jumped up. "Raven! MoonStar! You're okay!"

She looked at them, filled with joy before a sinking realization hit her.

"Where's TigerMoth?"

freshmeeta.png.655483e9f7a908d6707719002d624ceb.png

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

This isn't dead, I've just been VERY unmotivated, I'll try to do a small chapter in the next few days. (I've forgotten the password on my account to GOG so I haven't been able to play Niche recently anyway.)

• Paw up 1