Stray Fawn Community

Dragon people (new topic)

BirbMonster

The old topic for this species is now outdated, so I decided to make a new one.

Origin Story (not lorewise)

Dragon People started from a daydream about having big black wings that I had when I was like, 10, which is over 4 years ago now (crazy to think about). From that small thing they developed into a species with detailed lore. While certainly not the most original species, these guys are very close to my heart and I'm passionate about their existence.

Oc rules

For now, you can come up with whatever ocs you want. But please only draw them if their element has an example ref.

Rules:

• Ocs must fit in with the lore.
  • Keep hybrids to a limit, they're supposed to be rare and illegal.
  • Don't make Alphas (see: social structure) without my permission, as I want most of these to be created myself (especially the current Dark Alpha, Shadowfang) 
  • When posting your ocs, ping me and credit me on here. On other sites, credit me heavily and link back to this topic. I have accounts on Tumblr, Fandom, Toyhouse, Artfight, Discord, and YouTube, so you can credit me as my handles on those if needed, just ask for my username as it isn't BirbMonster on every single site.

Introduction

Dragon People are (obviously) a species of humanoid creatures with many dragon features, such as wings, tails, claws, horns, elemental powers, ect. 

They live on the isolated island of Harakuu, and are seperated into 10 elemental groups.

Elements

Each elemental group has it's own camp where they live, but don't control the terriotory of the whole biome most of the time. 

(refs for each element coming soon)

Fire

Appearence

Fire dragon people have rather simple wing and tail shapes, but with a fire-like sail on their tails instead of spikes, and similiar patterns on their wing membranes. They have straight, slicked-back horns, and usually have colours in warmer tones, like red, orange, and gold, but sometimes can have flairs and patterns of an ashy gray or black.

Fire.thumb.png.9644f973492e897be03392f4394e7457.png

Abilities

Almost all Fire dragon people are able to control fire (pyrokenesis) to some extent. They can summon bursts of flame from their wings and tail in self-defense, and are able to survive extreme heat. 

Water

Appearence

Water dragon people have short, fin-like wings and tails that closeley resemble a dolphin or whale, with fins that swish up and down instead of left and right like most fish, though they're still scaly. They have quite a few more fantasy features than other species, including gills, webbed hands and feet, and fins on their heads and backs. Their dragon features come in any shade of blue, but it's always possible for them to have a greenish or purplish tint.

Water.thumb.png.b67e8f202b5ed8584300337ad4ef21db.png

Abilities

It isn't hard to figure out that these guys are incredible swimmers and can breathe underwater. Many members of the element can also use hydrokenesis.

Air

Appearence

The wings of air dragon people are a sort of blend between bird and reptile, resembling dragon wings but covered around to the halfway point in feathers. Their tails are long and flexible, with tufts of feathers at their tips. Colours of the dragon features tend to be a more pale blue/white than water dragon people, and can have hints of beige/peach.

Air.thumb.png.d3fb9bb4bd8da8df21da4c5733eedb6f.png

Abilities

Again rather obviously, air dragon people are incredible fliers, able to fly at extremley fast speeds and for long distances. They can use their wings and abilities to create powerful gusts of wind that can knock opponents off-course.

Earth

Appearence

Earth dragon people tend to have a bulky build. Their wings are small compared to other elements, and their tails are armoured with a shield-like tip. Their horns are ibex-shaped, with notable gender dimorphism of the males having much larger horns. Their scales are brown, beige, or grey, sometimes with reddish or even greenish tints.

Earth.thumb.png.71d5845a742f881734d792605b5339e4.png

Abilities

While they are slow, Earth dragon people have incredible physical strength and power. They can also use geokenesis (controlling rocks and the ground) to some extent.

Dark

Appearence

These spooky bois (gender neutral) have sharp, bat-like wings with lots of spikes and claws, as well as natural tatters on the ends. Their tails are whip-like and covered in more spikes, and they tend to have curled ram horns. Normally their wings and tails are black or dark grey with veeeeryyy slight hints of colour, and sometimes flecks of white like stars. The main splashes of colour are their eyes, which oddly enough have extremley bright colours in any shade.

Dark.thumb.png.f3b318c5b16abf70b0639e3140441fa8.png

Abilities

Dark dragon people are relativeley agile, though not as fast as other species like air. Using their dark camouflage, they're more active at night. Their spikes can be used to slice and attack, and thei can summon dark mist to temporarily cloud an opponent's vision. 

Light

Appearence

The polar opposite of Dark elementals, light dragon people have soft wings and tails lined with fur and tipped with glowing bulbs of light. Their colours are white and pale pastels, most commonly yellow, blue, and pink, with a lot more colour on their glow bulbs, and their horns are blunt.

Light.thumb.png.32dc0de9063c7be1e5d5c487c0a56dfd.png

Abilities

Light dragon people are around the same speed as Dark dragon people, though slightly weaker physically. They make up for lack of physical strength with unusual abilities. They can create bright, like VERY bright flashes of light for distractions. They also have a secret code of less bright light flashes, though since they don't have many bulbs (3 on each wing and one on the tail, 7 in total) it's just basic essential signals that could be needed in dangerous moments, such as "help" "attack" "retreat", ect. They can also use a sort of dangerous light beam, though this is less commonly used as the Element tends to be peaceful.

Electric

Appearence

Electric dragon people are a colorful breed! Their wings are very sharp with lightning-like patterns, and their tails tipped with literal thunderbolt spikes! Their colours are bright blues and yellows that tend to hurt to look at. Their horns are the same shape as their tail spikes.

Electric.thumb.png.3b089d13218eb6dde4438ec9f9570cc8.png

Abilities

These ones are almost as fast as air dragon people, and are capable of electrecutin opponents. They're more powerful during thunderstorms, channelling electricity with their spines and horns (they have a rather metallic composition) for much more powerful attacks. 

Poison

Appearence

Poison dragon people have a very insectoid appearence, with four bug-like wings and a scorpion tail. Their claws and fangs are unusually long and narrow. As for colours, Poisons tend to have purple hues, sometimes with magenta and even pink, or a sort of reddish purple.

Poison.thumb.png.50955ffde44758459a752e4ef24c36ab.png

Abilities

Poisons can inject venom from just about any sharp thing on their bodies- their tail, claws, and fangs are all tipped with venom, though it usually isn't fatal, usually causing sickness and occasionally leading to fainting after multiple doses.

Plant

Appearence

Plant dragon people are based off LeafWings from WoF and Earthblood Elves from the Dragon Prince (look up both of them). They have leaf-like wings and leaf-tipped tails, sometimes wound with flowers or vines that are simply part of their bodies. Their horns are branch-like antlers that can grow leaves and flowers too. 

Plant.thumb.png.af9c0e6831487cc879c72bf2c775a025.png

Abilities

Plant dragon people aren't the best at flying long distances, but make up in agility and turning, though they tend to glide from tree-to-tree. They can, indeed, control plants, though the ability is limited to plants that are already there. 

Ice

Appearence

Ice dragon people have wings with unusually broad 'fingers' that are edged with sharp blades that are also present on their tails. Their wings have a frost-like texture with slightly transparent membranes. The colours are mostly pale blue but they can have purple hints. 

Ice.thumb.png.4c105ba092f3c2cbe226d49cf483ac71.png

Abilities

Icebois can survive in cold temperatures for much longer periods of time than other elements. They're suprisingly good swimmers (though still nothing compared to waters) but a bit slower than average in the air. They can use blasts of cold air and ice in battle.

Naming system

Dragon people use two-part names. The first part is something realting to their element (eg for Fire dergpeeps: "Flame", "Spark", "Blaze") and the second part is either another elemental thing (good for hybrids) or something like "claw" "flight" or "strike" that isn't element-specific. Sometimes, element specific suffixes exist just because of parts only one element has (like "fin" for Waters, "feather" for Airs)

Name examples:

Brightflicker (light, could work for fire or a hybrid of the two)

Shadowfang (dark. don't use this is my very emo existing oc lol)

Oceanleap (water)

Social structure

PLEASE DON'T MAKE OMEGAVERSE WITH THIS

Each element has about a few hundred members in it's allegiances, and in each group they're seperated into 3 ranks. 

Omegas are the lowest and "default" rank, making up most of each Element. They're normal, lower-class members. 

Betas are the middle rank and make up 10%-30% of a population. They get slightly better possessions and residence. If you do well at various skills and/or are responsible, the Alpha can automatically make you a Beta.

Betas have the right to command Omegas as long as:

• The Beta has had their rank for at least a month.
  • The orders do not contradict what the Alpha said.
  • They don't go too far or make someone their slave.

Each group only has one Alpha, who leads the Element. 

You can challenge anyone ranked higher than you for their rank (not life and death!). If the challenger wins, the two swap ranks.

Usually, the Alpha rank is passed down in a royal lineage. But it is possible to challenge an Alpha for their rank. If you win this, your family becomes the new Alpha lineage, and your children can ascend when you die. 

Omegas and Betas can also have a job as a healer, though this isn't considered a seperate rank.

Technological development

Technologically, Dragon People are bareley out of the stone age. They use animal-skin clothes and basic tools such as pickaxes, though they've invented almost no weapons as their claws and elemental abilities are enough. 

They usually trade items for eachother instead of having a distinct currency. 

Beliefs

Many Dragon People see the sun and moon as gods. As a result, they have two festivals: the Sun festival and the Moon festival. During these festivals, everyone gathers at the highest mountain with no fighting to celebrate with dancing, singing, and selling goods. 

The Sun festival is celebrated all day on the Summer Solstice (20th/21st June for us) and the Moon Festival all night during the Winter Solstice (21st/22nd December).

Parasitic animals are thought to be the devil, so there's always a dramantic reaction. Once you've had a parasite pulled off you, you must be heavily cleaned and fast for a day, accoring to traditions. 

Harakuu Map

Key:

Biomes:

Green- Forest

Light Green- Plains

Dark Green- Swamp

Grey- Mountains

Blue-grey- Tundra

Beige- Savannah

Yellow- Steelspires (a wasteland-like area with spires of metal that constantly attract lightning strikes)

Maroon- Volcano

Black- Badland Mountains (mountains but more ominous)

Blue lines- Major lakes and rivers (others likeley exist, but are too small to be marked on the map)

Camps (the dots):

Red- Fire

Bright blue- Water

Gold- Earth

Light blue- Air

White- Dark

Black- Light (they have contrasting camp markers to be actually visible in their respective biomes, especially Dark)

Purple- Poison

Teal- Electric

Lime green- Plant

Pink- Ice

HarakuuMap.thumb.png.8cee57ba1ec9ef83957603f1fb2c11da.png

Images and more lore are coming soon!

• Love 2

1 hour ago, BirbMonstwo said:

Not me being lazy to properly draw the other wing (I mean, one is enough for reference of how they look, right?

I'll just assume that 'lazy lol' is a part of their design /j

On the topic of the origin story section, they still don't have a lorewise origin story.

All I know is that they didn't evolve naturally (it's biologically impossible). But the lore of their location, Harakuu island, is that it was created by a magical entity using the last of his power. I think the dergpeeps could have something to do with that guy.

V2 generator mayhaps because I'm too lazy to just update the old one

here's a result (very unfinished. probably gonna give this a font and coloured background)

You have met a young dragon person.
They belong to the fire element. Their name is Blazeheart. They are among the Beta rank within their element.
Blazeheart was born female. They identify as bigender.

Appearence

Dragon Features

Blazeheart's dragon features are mainly orange and maroon. They have narrow wings and a missing tail.

Harakuu island has other fantasy beasts, many of which prey on Dragon People.

These include the Crocopedos, named for their crocodile-like looks (with shark elements) and ability to burst forwards or even out of the water at inpessive speads, using the biological jets in their tail and under their fins. They tend to live in fresh waters.

47C31160-6E9C-4A29-8DBA-8E7B1FB73F57.thumb.jpeg.6ea064d96598f546c21e0b79b6876a31.jpeg
Another creature, a bird found in mountain high, the Lifesnatcher. These gigantic four-winged birds of prey can and will catch anything small enough to fit in their talons.

A86E18BE-A291-491D-ABA6-8A2B92F827BA.thumb.jpeg.d8f4e338a719176aa673180ce7390d46.jpeg

There is a reason that dragon people do not leave Harakuu, and why humans do not come- Crustaceapents. An odd combo of a serpentine ocean leviathan and a snake, these whale-sized beasts circle around Harakuu, preventing anyone from coming or going.7D083FB5-8C72-4909-B2B4-01FED29FCEB6.thumb.jpeg.7cb9d3d6af9d6e50f135f639d7e1ff0d.jpeg

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BirbMonster said:

V2 generator mayhaps because I'm too lazy to just update the old one

here's a result (very unfinished. probably gonna give this a font and coloured background)

You have met a young dragon person.
They belong to the fire element. Their name is Blazeheart. They are among the Beta rank within their element.
Blazeheart was born female. They identify as bigender.

Appearence

Dragon Features

Blazeheart's dragon features are mainly orange and maroon. They have narrow wings and a missing tail.

Blazeheart probably

13yrs, they/she pronouns 

Lost their tail to a Crocopedo

3BA6D80D-0F57-4B61-8667-EDA5410DAB68.thumb.jpeg.363caa22d479be1bbc432eea2898b558.jpeg

• Love 1

On 7/6/2023 at 5:35 PM, BirbMonster said:

The old topic for this species is now outdated, so I decided to make a new one.

Origin Story (not lorewise)

Dragon People started from a daydream about having big black wings that I had when I was like, 10, which is over 4 years ago now (crazy to think about). From that small thing they developed into a species with detailed lore. While certainly not the most original species, these guys are very close to my heart and I'm passionate about their existence.

Oc rules

Oc making is closed until I make images for each Element! Do not draw your ocs yet! (you can create ideas and stuff, though)

Rules:

• Ocs must fit in with the lore.
  • Keep hybrids to a limit, they're supposed to be rare and illegal.
  • Don't make Alphas (see: social structure) without my permission, as I want most of these to be created myself (especially the current Dark Alpha, Shadowfang) 
  • When posting your ocs, ping me and credit me on here. On other sites, credit me heavily and link back to this topic. I have accounts on Tumblr, Fandom, Toyhouse, Artfight, Discord, and YouTube, so you can credit me as my handles on those if needed, just ask for my username as it isn't BirbMonster on every single site.

Introduction

Dragon People are (obviously) a species of humanoid creatures with many dragon features, such as wings, tails, claws, horns, elemental powers, ect. 

They live on the isolated island of Harakuu, and are seperated into 10 elemental groups.

Elements

Each elemental group has it's own camp where they live, but don't control the terriotory of the whole biome most of the time. 

(refs for each element coming soon)

Fire

Appearence

Fire dragon people have rather simple wing and tail shapes, but with a fire-like sail on their tails instead of spikes, and similiar patterns on their wing membranes. They have straight, slicked-back horns, and usually have colours in warmer tones, like red, orange, and gold, but sometimes can have flairs and patterns of an ashy gray or black.

Fire.thumb.png.9644f973492e897be03392f4394e7457.png

Abilities

Almost all Fire dragon people are able to control fire (pyrokenesis) to some extent. They can summon bursts of flame from their wings and tail in self-defense, and are able to survive extreme heat. 

Water

Appearence

Water dragon people have short, fin-like wings and tails that closeley resemble a dolphin or whale, with fins that swish up and down instead of left and right like most fish, though they're still scaly. They have quite a few more fantasy features than other species, including gills, webbed hands and feet, and fins on their heads and backs. Their dragon features come in any shade of blue, but it's always possible for them to have a greenish or purplish tint.

Water.thumb.png.b67e8f202b5ed8584300337ad4ef21db.png

Abilities

It isn't hard to figure out that these guys are incredible swimmers and can breathe underwater. Many members of the element can also use hydrokenesis.

Air

Appearence

The wings of air dragon people are a sort of blend between bird and reptile, resembling dragon wings but covered around to the halfway point in feathers. Their tails are long and flexible, with tufts of feathers at their tips. Colours of the dragon features tend to be a more pale blue/white than water dragon people, and can have hints of beige/peach.

Air.thumb.png.d3fb9bb4bd8da8df21da4c5733eedb6f.png

Abilities

Again rather obviously, air dragon people are incredible fliers, able to fly at extremley fast speeds and for long distances. They can use their wings and abilities to create powerful gusts of wind that can knock opponents off-course.

Earth

Appearence

Earth dragon people tend to have a bulky build. Their wings are small compared to other elements, and their tails are armoured with a shield-like tip. Their horns are ibex-shaped, with notable gender dimorphism of the males having much larger horns. Their scales are brown, beige, or grey, sometimes with reddish or even greenish tints.

Earth.thumb.png.71d5845a742f881734d792605b5339e4.png

Abilities

While they are slow, Earth dragon people have incredible physical strength and power. They can also use geokenesis (controlling rocks and the ground) to some extent.

Dark

Appearence

These spooky bois (gender neutral) have sharp, bat-like wings with lots of spikes and claws, as well as natural tatters on the ends. Their tails are whip-like and covered in more spikes, and they tend to have curled ram horns. Normally their wings and tails are black or dark grey with veeeeryyy slight hints of colour, and sometimes flecks of white like stars. The main splashes of colour are their eyes, which oddly enough have extremley bright colours in any shade.

Dark.thumb.png.f3b318c5b16abf70b0639e3140441fa8.png

Abilities

Dark dragon people are relativeley agile, though not as fast as other species like air. Using their dark camouflage, they're more active at night. Their spikes can be used to slice and attack, and thei can summon dark mist to temporarily cloud an opponent's vision. 

Light

Appearence

The polar opposite of Dark elementals, light dragon people have soft wings and tails lined with fur and tipped with glowing bulbs of light. Their colours are white and pale pastels, most commonly yellow, blue, and pink, with a lot more colour on their glow bulbs, and their horns are blunt.

Light.thumb.png.32dc0de9063c7be1e5d5c487c0a56dfd.png

Abilities

Light dragon people are around the same speed as Dark dragon people, though slightly weaker physically. They make up for lack of physical strength with unusual abilities. They can create bright, like VERY bright flashes of light for distractions. They also have a secret code of less bright light flashes, though since they don't have many bulbs (3 on each wing and one on the tail, 7 in total) it's just basic essential signals that could be needed in dangerous moments, such as "help" "attack" "retreat", ect. They can also use a sort of dangerous light beam, though this is less commonly used as the Element tends to be peaceful.

Electric

Appearence

Electric dragon people are a colorful breed! Their wings are very sharp with lightning-like patterns, and their tails tipped with literal thunderbolt spikes! Their colours are bright blues and yellows that tend to hurt to look at. Their horns are the same shape as their tail spikes.

Abilities

These ones are almost as fast as air dragon people, and are capable of electrecutin opponents. They're more powerful during thunderstorms, channelling electricity with their spines and horns (they have a rather metallic composition) for much more powerful attacks. 

Poison

Appearence

Poison dragon people have a very insectoid appearence, with four bug-like wings and a scorpion tail. Their claws and fangs are unusually long and narrow. As for colours, Poisons tend to have purple hues, sometimes with magenta and even pink, or a sort of reddish purple.

Abilities

Poisons can inject venom from just about any sharp thing on their bodies- their tail, claws, and fangs are all tipped with venom, though it usually isn't fatal, usually causing sickness and occasionally leading to fainting after multiple doses.

Plant

Appearence

Plant dragon people are based off LeafWings from WoF and Earthblood Elves from the Dragon Prince (look up both of them). They have leaf-like wings and leaf-tipped tails, sometimes wound with flowers or vines that are simply part of their bodies. Their horns are branch-like antlers that can grow leaves and flowers too. 

Abilities

Plant dragon people aren't the best at flying long distances, but make up in agility and turning, though they tend to glide from tree-to-tree. They can, indeed, control plants, though the ability is limited to plants that are already there. 

Ice

Appearence

Ice dragon people have wings with unusually broad 'fingers' that are edged with sharp blades that are also present on their tails. Their wings have a frost-like texture with slightly transparent membranes. The colours are mostly pale blue but they can have purple hints. 

Abilities

Icebois can survive in cold temperatures for much longer periods of time than other elements. They're suprisingly good swimmers (though still nothing compared to waters) but a bit slower than average in the air. They can use blasts of cold air and ice in battle.

Naming system

Dragon people use two-part names. The first part is something realting to their element (eg for Fire dergpeeps: "Flame", "Spark", "Blaze") and the second part is either another elemental thing (good for hybrids) or something like "claw" "flight" or "strike" that isn't element-specific. Sometimes, element specific suffixes exist just because of parts only one element has (like "fin" for Waters, "feather" for Airs)

Name examples:

Brightflicker (light, could work for fire or a hybrid of the two)

Shadowfang (dark. don't use this is my very emo existing oc lol)

Oceanleap (water)

Social structure

PLEASE DON'T MAKE OMEGAVERSE WITH THIS

Each element has about a few hundred members in it's allegiances, and in each group they're seperated into 3 ranks. 

Omegas are the lowest and "default" rank, making up most of each Element. They're normal, lower-class members. 

Betas are the middle rank and make up 10%-30% of a population. They get slightly better possessions and residence. If you do well at various skills and/or are responsible, the Alpha can automatically make you a Beta.

Betas have the right to command Omegas as long as:

• The Beta has had their rank for at least a month.
  • The orders do not contradict what the Alpha said.
  • They don't go too far or make someone their slave.

Each group only has one Alpha, who leads the Element. 

You can challenge anyone ranked higher than you for their rank (not life and death!). If the challenger wins, the two swap ranks.

Usually, the Alpha rank is passed down in a royal lineage. But it is possible to challenge an Alpha for their rank. If you win this, your family becomes the new Alpha lineage, and your children can ascend when you die. 

Omegas and Betas can also have a job as a healer, though this isn't considered a seperate rank.

Technological development

Technologically, Dragon People are bareley out of the stone age. They use animal-skin clothes and basic tools such as pickaxes, though they've invented almost no weapons as their claws and elemental abilities are enough. 

They usually trade items for eachother instead of having a distinct currency. 

Beliefs

Many Dragon People see the sun and moon as gods. As a result, they have two festivals: the Sun festival and the Moon festival. During these festivals, everyone gathers at the highest mountain with no fighting to celebrate with dancing, singing, and selling goods. 

The Sun festival is celebrated all day on the Summer Solstice (20th/21st June for us) and the Moon Festival all night during the Winter Solstice (21st/22nd December).

Parasitic animals are thought to be the devil, so there's always a dramantic reaction. Once you've had a parasite pulled off you, you must be heavily cleaned and fast for a day, accoring to traditions. 

Harakuu Map

Key:

Biomes:

Green- Forest

Light Green- Plains

Dark Green- Swamp

Grey- Mountains

Blue-grey- Tundra

Beige- Savannah

Yellow- Steelspires (a wasteland-like area with spires of metal that constantly attract lightning strikes)

Maroon- Volcano

Black- Badland Mountains (mountains but more ominous)

Blue lines- Major lakes and rivers (others likeley exist, but are too small to be marked on the map)

Camps (the dots):

Red- Fire

Bright blue- Water

Gold- Earth

Light blue- Air

White- Dark

Black- Light (they have contrasting camp markers to be actually visible in their respective biomes, especially Dark)

Purple- Poison

Teal- Electric

Lime green- Plant

Pink- Ice

HarakuuMap.thumb.png.8cee57ba1ec9ef83957603f1fb2c11da.png

Images and more lore are coming soon!

Example fire is emotionless lmao

Drawing them

You have met a young adult dragon person.
They belong to the water element. Their name is Rainseer. They are among the Beta rank within their element.
Rainseer was born female. They identify as pangender.

Appearence

Dragon Features

Rainseer's dragon features are mainly dark blue and dark blue. They have long wings and an average tail.

Human Features

Rainseer has a sand-beige skin tone and a square face. They are average-height and have a muscular body type. They have short, black hair.

34 minutes ago, BirbMonster said:

Drawing them

You have met a young adult dragon person.
They belong to the water element. Their name is Rainseer. They are among the Beta rank within their element.
Rainseer was born female. They identify as pangender.

Appearence

Dragon Features

Rainseer's dragon features are mainly dark blue and dark blue. They have long wings and an average tail.

Human Features

Rainseer has a sand-beige skin tone and a square face. They are average-height and have a muscular body type. They have short, black hair.

GeneratorRainseer.png

• Love 1

10 hours ago, BirbMonster said:

Randomness (Shadowfang is the original Dragon Person oc. This is how she probably is)

image.png.f1ac80acd539717cae715e3c628601d3.png

Why did I think that said Yellowfang (Like warrior cats)

• Haha 1