Stray Fawn Community

Remove derp snout

gopnik

I'm only saying this because it's a pain in the butt when a rogue male comes up to you and mates with one of your.. i dont know how they're called I don't care

Rogue males seem to ALWAYS have the derp snout and it's just horrible to look at. It's a waste of time, food and genes in a way when you have to have a baby only to tell him to f*ck off 2-3 days later. If you really have to keep it, atleast don't let rogue males have it, for god's sake.

• Sad 5

i think that's the point, just like crippled paw and hemophillia. it's an undesirable gene that rouge males have the potentul of inadvertently introducing to your family. Your goal is to avoid these genes and breed them out, their goal is to cause you conflict and mix things up a bit.

• Like 3

Also derp snout isn't even that bad. It has the same stats as the normal snout just looks different. Personally I like derp snouts :3

Saying to remove it from the game just because it looks bad (as I ruled out the uselessness except you'd say remove normal snout as well) would be to take away all useless (even though it is not) or ugly (which lays in the eye of the beholder) genes which would basically make Niche not the game it is :)

• Like 2

I agree that the derp snout is one of those genes that's there to make things more difficult, especially when you're trying to keep a particular snout, but I do like Tam's idea, make it randomise how 'derpy' it comes out with each child. Between the eyes, mouth and nose, there's plenty to make it more interesting, if not more appealing.

As much as I hate it, when my nichelings get a derp snout, I think it's important for the gameplay.

As the derp snout is no health or functional issue, only a beauty problem, we have to choose, whether we want to get rid of the derp snout or rather blindness, crippled paws or hemophilia. That makes the game challenging and let us think about, what is more important to us, beauty or functional issues.

• Like 2
  • Paw up 1

• 2 weeks later...

new idea: introduce more VARIETY in derp snouts! Randomly generated snouts with different kinds of face-shape combinations! :P

NO!! Shame on you!!! One is bad enough...

Actually, I agree with TamTroll and RedKnight: since the overall design seems to be just a morphed up face, having a little variety of changes could be more interesting. Honestly the only thing that really bugs me about the derp snout as it is, is that the ears are always the same: whatever genes you have don't show up there.
  • Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 11/25/2017 at 1:48 AM, Dr. Nearo said:

Actually, I agree with TamTroll and RedKnight: since the overall design seems to be just a morphed up face, having a little variety of changes could be more interesting. Honestly the only thing that really bugs me about the derp snout as it is, is that the ears are always the same: whatever genes you have don't show up there.

A nicheling with derp snout and big ears probably would be the cutest thing(at least to me because i find the derp snout cute)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
  • 1 month later...