Stray Fawn Community

dewes

As a engineer :o student, i have studied alot of physics, and i want to give feedback on the gravity system that pull the drone to a point in the center of the planet. thats not how things works.

in our planet Earth, the gravity on the surface is approximately 9.8m / s², the gravity force gets weaker if you go under the surface. The deeper you go, the weaker is the gravity, until the center where it's null, it exist, but the resultant force is zero.

No, he's right. Gravity is a force exerted by mass and thus a property of all matter. In the absence of any other stellar bodies even two humans would exert a noticeable gravitational effect on each other. As an object passes through a planet the mass of all the stuff (dirt, magma, trees, walruses) above the object are also exerting gravitational force. That's why in the center of the planet the object would be "weightless" because gravity is pulling it equally in all directions.

That having been said, an object at the center of a planet would also be subject to enormous pressure which would more than make up for the lack of gravity.

My physics based complaint is that as you destroy significant portions of the planet's mass, the gravity exerted on you remains unchanged. In theory if one vaporized an entire world, there would be no gravitational pull at that location anymore.