Stray Fawn Community

[CLOSED] Win a Nimbatus Closed Alpha Steam key! - GIF competition, Topic: Sumo Battle

Markus

Hi everyone :)

The 2nd GIF competition has ended. There were AWESOME entries, thank you all for participating!

So let's go right ahead and start a new one!
This competition's theme is: Sumo Battle

This time, only GIFs are allowed which play in the Sumo Arena (Sumo Arena, Sumo Training Arena). Post your most clever/cool/strongest, funniest/narrowly winning sumo drone GIFs and win a Closed Alpha key!
The deadline to enter is Wednesday, 30th of May.

Here are the rules:

• Post your GIF right here in this thread. Multiple entries per person are allowed.
  • Only GIFs recorded with the demo version are allowed in this competition.
  • @Roger, @Markus, @Micha and @Philo will pick 2 favorites.
  • The 2 winners receive a Closed Alpha Steam key for free
  • There will be only awarded one key per person. If you won in a previous contest, we won't award you another key.

Please note:
You can use [F9] to generate an animated GIF of the last 6 seconds gameplay, but feel free to use other tools.
Remember that the best GIF wins!

So even if your drone in awesome in terms of logic, make sure to also make those features shine in the spot light! For this contest the best looking GIF wins. We'll have contests which award pure logic/cleverness at a later time.
We maybe show some of these cool gifs on Twitter, Reddit, etc. Please only post here if that's ok with you.

Tipp: The GIF capture tool hides bad framerates. If you turn off the Bloom because of performance reasons, turn them on before recording the GIF. The game might have a low frame rate, but the resulting GIF should run smoothly and might result in nicer looking GIF because of the effects.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 3

• Philo changed the title to Win a Nimbatus Closed Alpha Steam key! - GIF competition, Topic: Sumo Battlehttps://strayfawnstudio.com/community/index.php?/topic/2019-win-a-nimbatus-closed-alpha-steam-key-gif-competition-topic-sumo-battle/

I call this one: STALIN (Because it dodges stuff and sends things to do its bidding)

It works by dodging, and once in a safe spot launching a speedy drone that grabs the opponent and pushes them out of the ring. It is also really good at dodging on its own. I hope you like it.

Nimbatus_GIF_201805162101252472.gif.48f8bcd855bce733f889542ca1f53737.gif

Nimbatus_GIF_201805162107144441.gif

Nimbatus_Screenshot_201805162107371052.png

Nimbatus_Screenshot_201805162058509119.png

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

@Floppy BlogartIf you have saved the drones, you can try to recapture the gif. The fights won't be exactly the same, but maybe the one you record now is even more interesting than the first one. Give it a try again. You can send in more than one gif.

At first mut I say that Nimbatus the best game ever is, how I had ever see and will see!! I would be very happy if you continue working on it and give never up!!! xD

It is my first autonomus... with (a little) handle (I had win with this every sumo match wich I had played).

(Sorry fo my english it isn't the best, I like more to speak german (who as yourselves xD) )

Nimbatus_GIF_201805201451447673.gif

• Like 3

I don't know if I can post multiple drones, but I want a key

This one launches a net to do all the work

Also:

/\
         /  \
        /    \
       /      \
      /   ___  \
     /   / | \  \
    /    \___/   \
   /              \
  /                \
 /                  \
/                    \
\____________________/

GIVE ME A KEY PLEASE

Or my friends here at the Illuminati will be forced to make some better drones for me

Nimbatus_GIF_201805211630558003.gif

Nimbatus_GIF_201805211602032558.gif

• Like 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

On 5/19/2018 at 9:33 AM, Murkusfast said:

This one quickly flies away, dodging rockets and pushing the enemy. Now improved so it Always circles the middle.

I just realised my birthday is on 30th may xD

Nimbatus_GIF_201805191810342646.gif

That's great STALIN rip off you've got there

Real creative

"Tipp" to moderators:

If you want more creative and unpredictable gifs, becouse most of gifs here are almost the same but bigger, do not put restrictions like:

On 16.05.2018 at 5:07 PM, Markus said:

This time, only GIFs are allowed which play in the Sumo Arena

With just putting main tag "Sumo fights"  you may get more interesting results like this one (of course more complex and prettier than that one)

Nimbatus_GIF_201805221938171377.gif

Thanks for your attention

• Like 1

@OmegaDeltaZero I know what you mean, but I don't fully agree with you :) Restrictions bear creativity. We will have more open contests in the future, but for this specific contest we wanted to see what people can create inside the sumo arena. So we want to push you to be most creative "inside the sumo arena", not creative with "drone battles" in general (which can be a future contest topic :) ). So while I agree with you that we get awesome and unexpected creations each time, especially if we're more open, we sometime want to see what you can do within certain more tight restrictions. So it's not only to create just good looking GIFs, but also for us to test certain things :)

I appreciate the discussion :)

On another note: If you're quick to post your GIF instead of waiting, of course it will influence and inspire people. So if you want to be protective of your ideas and designs, I suggest you wait till quickly before the deadline and then post your stuff.

In general I think it is a good thing to post early, because inspiring others is a good thing and encourages the community to create better content. We try to award creativity and originality in addition to just "the best GIF", so posting early is also better - because two people can have the same idea.

Just post whatever you want and we judges will do the rest :) 

@OmegaDeltaZero The GIF you posted before is really cool :) It does not fit in this contest, but that should not prevent you from entering it in a future one - or maybe you can adapt it so that it is interesting in the context of the Sumo Arena.