Stray Fawn Community

Complex Melee

Notifind

The weapon tech tree is awesome and I think the game could really benefit from more focus on melee as well. For example, we can have variants like on guns but on melee (cryogenic, kinetic, plasma, etc...) inflicting enemies with the effect upon impact. It would be cool to see damage upgrades and maybe something like knockback? so that when you hit enemies they can get pushed back. (This would also include TNT except for the knockback, but it would have some sort of explosion radius? or maybe different ways to detonate [Impact, timed, button]) Some new melee weapons would also be awesome to see, like maybe a spear (So like a spike but longer) I don't have many ideas for different melee weapons but I think the upgrades would definitely add a lot themselves.

• Like 3

3 replies to this post

Upvoted :)

We neglected the meele weapons a bit since the demo. You have some great ideas to improve them. I especially like the idea of having weapons that apply some kind of knockback or interact with the physics more. Plasma spikes that heats up enemies and lets them burn also sounds fun.

• Like 2

Power hammer.  damage and heavy knockback on contact.  Impalement spikes that capture an enemy. (With an articulated arm, I can jam them into another melee weapon!)  Paired blocks that activate a laser weapon between the two blocks.  A mace that converts the delta between its vector and whatever it hits into better damage than simple collision.  Lastly, a swordbreaker; basically a spike that immediately destroys weapon parts on contact.

• Like 2