Stray Fawn Community

Cannibalism

AMEcco

This is going to be a very dark suggestion. There have been times where my tribes have been starving to death and as my creatures finally succumb, I think to myself 'surely the rest of the creatures would be desperate enough to eat them.' When a nicheling dies, whether it is one of your own, a rogue male, or a wanderer, you should have the option to collect food from its remains. But at a price. If one of your creatures cannibalises another, it has a chance to become sick and maybe go rogue if the game mechanics allow for it. Which is why your creatures should only do it if they are very desperate.

• Like 4

5 replies to this post

I love this idea! We've all been there where all but two off the same sexed nichelings survived and theres a bunch of corpses around you xD your basically screwed. I think another thing to add to it is that if your creature resorts to canniblism its offspring has a small chance of an unhealthily mutation like derpsnout or cripple paw!

I upvoted, especially since it's a desperate measures thing, like in real life. Most animals aren't cannibalistic, unless they are facing starvation and there is no other food available.
I agree with the price too, so it isn't exploited and people just eat the nichelings they don't want.