Stray Fawn Community

Less falling coconuts please

Dinocanid

I've had this issue quite a few times where a nicheling of mine will get hit on the head with the coconut and be stunned for that day. Which is fine, but then they get hit again the next day, and the next day, and the day after that. Once it happened so many times in a row that my newly grown nicheling had like, 10 less days to live via falling coconuts.
I feel like there should be more of a delay between when they drop so you have the chance to move them out of the way instead of it happening day after day. This should only happen if you're just unlucky, but I've had it happen in several playthroughs so at this point I'm afraid whenever they run out of moves and happen to be under a palm tree.
If you want more coconuts then you can just shake the tree, which all nichelings can do, so it wouldn't put a dent in food gathering.
I'm not sure if this was fixed in the recent update, since it wasn't mentioned in the changelog.

• Like 4

Are you collecting them each time they fall? I may be wrong, but I think collecting them encourages them to fall more frequently than if you aren't. I'm fine with the amount they fall, but I would definitely like more clarity on their rules. Is stunning only supposed to last a day? If so I don't get notifications or any nicheling screams of pain indicating that more coconuts have fallen. 

Certainly keeping them as a shake only type of deal would make things easier, but other nuts don't work like that, and you'd still have to get stunned to eat them, so I don't think this would alleviate the issue. Maybe adding a sort of "Hard Head" effect to certain genes would help or even preventing them from falling on easy islands could do the trick.

• Like 1

Coconuts fall regardless if you collect them or not. Stunning only lasts a day, but it lasts another if they get hit again.

Making them shake-only would help, since then it's an accepted risk of getting hit unless you have wings. (so if you want coconuts, you know you're probably be stunned. Winged nichelings can already shake the trees unharmed)

• Like 1