Stray Fawn Community

The struggle is real

I made a story mode tribe with the intent of getting aaaaaaall the genes possible before finally moseying my way to Adam's Island, it will be the first time I see the "story ending," and with my first save file too!

We've cheesed the water genes to easily survive 70% of the islands, survived the jungle long enough to get stinky tail, and survived the swamps enough to get the toxic body, and now we've finally made it to the icy mountains. We managed to struggle the cold winds enough to get Big Body. We've taken down the balance bear, we've survived the sudden snow piles, and we got through our first winter.

And with every ancient rock we broke we got a new ancient gene, it was all going so smoothly, we nearly had them all. another few icy island hops and we were golden - and then it'd be off to the promise lands

except

apparently we've just been lucky with ancient genes

you don't get strictly new ones when you break another one open

megaloceros antlers were no where to be found, and I had wanted that gene the most

and now there were no ports to more mountains. my only option was to go right.

I had to send 5 Mountain-Evolved Nichelings to the jungle

yeah we got Rekked 

A smelling ape spawned almost immediately, one nicheling got chomped by a carnivorous plant in our rush and we had no time to save him, and by the exit port where I planned on popping out a few once we'd lost that first smelling ape, a second smelling ape decided he'd pay us a visit, and then the first ape caught up to us. We nearly lost our Home immunity and our next tiny island had a few inbreds to get through

And here we are at the mountains again. Our only ports are a grass island to the left, and a 5 port jungle to the right. 2 out of 3 ancient rocks have been broken. A nicheling has found last one under the snow.

I break it open...

Mammoth foot.

And I close my game.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Sad 3

I feel you. Apart from the fact that I hate the jungle, I once tried to get all the genes to and the only one I was missing was the armored body I cracked up countless ice blocks and found any gene but the armored body. I just quit at one point.

• Like 2

I understand the struggle. I had something similar to that happen but with saber fangs being what I couldn't find. Except my downfall was, I began to lose all the immunity genes I had collected, and I had to resort to breeding with a wanderer who had quite a few water genes. The water genes stuck around and I couldn't get rid of the webbed hind legs. The waterbody was annoying because I wanted the big body for strength. And the wanderer's velvet paws stuck around, so we were weak and slow. I brought them back to a snowy island, I had bred the creatures so much in order to try to bring back what they had once been, but no luck. That caused them to drain all of the food. My creatures all died of starvation, balance bears and bearyenas, only one baby survived. I moved him to another island. I decided to delete the world after that. No more trying to find the prehistoric genes for me.

• Like 2