Stray Fawn Community

Swimming tail VS new Fin Tail

Snowy Owl

with the new Fin Tail the swimming tail seems useless, in more than one way, the Fin Tail seems better and easier to get.

like you don't need to go to the oasis, just swim a lot, which makes getting it much quicker, and easier.

and it has more swimming speed.

shouldn't there be more use for the swimming tail? because right now it seems a waste to breed it in, as Fin Tail is better.

• Like 3

Perhaps the stats could be the same, just switch the requirements (IE: the fin tail needs you to go to the oasis and the swimming tail just needs swimming)
I personally don't see anything wrong with having 2 tails for swimming. The fin tail would just be a better, harder to obtain upgrade. Kind of like how we have ram horns, antlers, and megaloceros (sp?) horns.

two tails for swimming is not the problem, the problem is that the tail fin has more swimming speed and is easier to get, so again why get the weaker swimming tail if the tail fin is faster and easier to get.

and variation is good for making a story 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Snowy Owl said:

why get the weaker swimming tail if the tail fin is quicker and faster to obtain?  

I addressed that xD
I think it's weird too, that's why I suggested this:

Perhaps the stats could be the same, just switch the requirements (IE: the fin tail needs you to go to the oasis and the swimming tail just needs swimming)

yes but 100 times swimming for a weak swimming tail is a but much, maybe 50 times? oh and swim 100 times and go to oasis, for tail fin, that really shows its worth or just 50 times to like the horn genes 

Yeah, maybe it can just be 50 for the swimming tail. Swim 100 times and go to the oasis is a good requirement, and still doable without being too crazy. The megaloceros horns, for example, are the strongest horns in the game and can only be obtained from ice blocks. Difficult, but still doable.

Doesn't the tailfin reduce cold resistance. Oh well. I think it would be better if the tailfin was like a mermaid tail, and removes the hind legs. It would have to give 1+ speed on land if so, since the hind legs are what makes sure creatures have any speed at all.

mermaids would be cool but dangerous, what if it is your inactive traits? and it appears? on an island like the burning savanna, there is no water there apart from the ocean, and you can't swim there 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Snowy Owl said:

mermaids would be cool but dangerous, what if it is your inactive traits? and it appears? on an island like the burning savanna, there is no water there apart from the ocean, and you can't swim there 

That is why I had said that a mermaid tail would have to give 1+ speed so creatures are guaranteed to actually be able to move. A creature who could not move on land sounds horrifying, I definitely would not want that to happen.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Snowy Owl said:

yea, but again, is it worth the work for the devs? the game is done and now they are adding the things they promised and the things the people wanted most 

Good point. I wouldn't want to make the devs do too much extra work just for mernichelings.

• Like 1

I think you have a point @Snowy Owl.
Maybe we should make Tail Fin harded to get?
Or maybe we could give another advantage to the Swimming Tail?
Hmm...

Mermaid Nicheling would be cute :D
Maybe if "More interesting water biomes" wins a community voting at some point :)

• Like 4

Hmm, along the lines of buffing the swimming tail, maybe it could give you a reduction for building nests as a nod to beavers being good at building dams. You would only need to use 5 nesting material, or the nests could last longer, and males could build nests too.

Or maybe simply just adding heat resistance could work too.

• Like 3

• 5 weeks later...

maybe you can build walls or structures for material? like a wall to block predators, a post to gain a high position, or a dam to block fish or run across rivers

ways they could be used:

wall

cost: 5 material each

uses: blocking in a predator, preventing movement through said tile, for anything except nichelings

uses: essentially a buildable stump

Dam

uses: blocking fish(and possible aquatic predators) from entering or leaving certain areas, creating a bridge across water

Pitfall Trap(maybe)

cost: 3 material each and 2 digging

uses: trapping prey, base defense against predators

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Fishyfishyfishy500 said:

maybe you can build walls or structures for material? like a wall to block predators, a post to gain a high position, or a dam to block fish or run across rivers

ways they could be used:

wall

uses: blocking in a predator, preventing movement through said tile, for anything except nichelings

Dam

uses: blocking fish(and possible aquatic predators) from entering or leaving certain areas, creating a bridge across water

Pitfall Trap(maybe)

Maybe these would fall apart like nests

• Like 1

they cost 5 to repair, also I made this because logic would say that since the nichelings can, you know TAME ANIMALS, one would think then they could possibly build more than just nests, with the right paws and tail of course, won't want horny males building pitfall traps

• Like 1

I also have more ideas:

Bed

Nichelings that fall asleep here gain +2 energy the next day

cost: 5 material

rebuild cost: 5 material

lasts for: 25 days until decay

Roof

Nichelings here are protected from bluebirds, and gain +2 camo, as well as being cooled down from the sun

cost: 1 material, double nimble fingers and swimming tail

rebuild cost: 1 material

lasts for: 5 days until decay

20 hours ago, Fishyfishyfishy500 said:

I also have more ideas:

Bed

Roof

Nichelings here are protected from bluebirds, and gain +2 camo, as well as being cooled down from the sun

This sounds like Terraria or Spore tribal stage...

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 6/20/2018 at 12:12 AM, Fishyfishyfishy500 said:

ways they could be used:

wall

Dam

Pitfall Trap(maybe)

On 6/20/2018 at 9:40 AM, Fishyfishyfishy500 said:

they cost 5 to repair, also I made this because logic would say that since the nichelings can, you know TAME ANIMALS, one would think then they could possibly build more than just nests, with the right paws and tail of course, won't want horny males building pitfall traps

On 6/20/2018 at 9:49 AM, Fishyfishyfishy500 said:

I also have more ideas:

Bed

Roof

You could make your own post with these. yay!