Stray Fawn Community

Transfer block

Killerwombat02

A block that could transfer energy, resources and fuel. There are many ways this could be done, my idea is to have two blocks. One block can receive (within a range) and the other one can send once the input has been pressed (within a range).

• Like 1

3 replies to this post

I like this, but to be worthwhile, I feel you'd have to nerf power/fuel generation, whilst upping fuel/storage capacity for non-generating blocks - right now, it seems to me that it's almost always better to have four small fast recharge fuel canisters vs the large tank, and solar cells over the other batteries.

Yeah I think we need to redesign / balance the current batteries and fuel tanks.

At the moment you can just slap tons of solar panels on the drone and you are fine. Which should not work like this :) 

So this is a good starting point to discuss this more.

On 7/3/2018 at 10:03 PM, Micha said:

Yeah I think we need to redesign / balance the current batteries and fuel tanks.

At the moment you can just slap tons of solar panels on the drone and you are fine. Which should not work like this :) 

So this is a good starting point to discuss this more.

random thought for that:

-zero storage power generation/fuel synthesizers

-weapons and devices can only be powered by stored fuel/power, not the generators directly

-storage cannot be filled until it is empty, or used until it is full (a charge/discharge cycle) to offset a virtual direct usage - so if you want to avoid brownouts, have at least two batteries along with your charger.