Stray Fawn Community

Post your Niche Challenge ideas here!

oof.zip

Hey guys. After seeing the "how do you run your tribe?" thread on here, I felt inspired to start a thread of my own on challenges. It'd be cool to see how some people play and rule their challenges (especially since I want to try some out). Challenges are my favourite part of playing Niche, as challenges and set rules for the game make it harder and more fun. Thanks! :D

• Like 2

Three times a try:

This challenge is useful when trying to keep pack size small.

Every time a nicheling has a baby, one of it's gems is turned red. When it has all gems red, it becomes "infertile" and is not allowed to breed.

• Both mom and dad get their gems turned red
  • rogue babies count

If this is too hard, you can try an easier version. After all gems are red, just start turning them blue!

Restart challenge

When you leave to a new island, you are only allowed to bring one female (she is allowed to be pregnant) and one male. Count, how many islands you can survive!

Tip: Wanderers are really important to avoid immunity sicness!

Inbred challenge

• You are not allowed to invite creatures to your tribe (exept for snow block-creatures)
  • You cannot beed with creatures outside of your tribe

Family names

• Your starter animals get different family names
  • Every time an unrelated creature joins your tribe, they get a family name, that has not been in the family
  • Every time a male baby is born, they get their father's family name
  • Every time a female baby is born, they get their mother's family name
  • Like 7

• 10 months later...

Immortal Pair:

You start with your two nichelings, and have them have as many kids as possible, as quickly as possible.  When they begin to get old, open the console and type "increaseage -5" (or -10) to have their life effectively reset as an adult.  None of their children are allowed to reproduce unless.. (see below), and only accepted wanderers can breed with the starting pair (and their children can only breed with the female of the starting pair).

You may have "Servants" made from the wanderers, and they can be immortal as well; however, only one at a time.  So if a wanderer has a trait you really want but you already have one immortal servant, you have to trade that nichelings immortality for the other.

You can only have a new breeding pair when you move to another island; but this time, you can bring any males you want, and one more female can be added per island "generation" to breed as well.  Both females can be immortal, and her main mate is as well.  However, these two females can never exist in the same "camp".  They have to split up with their respective males and live as if they are two separate tribes. Their children can never mate with the other tribe.

*Note: You can only have a max of 4 immortal creatures at any given time, so choose wisely.

The end goal is to have an island entirely populated by the direct descendants of the "starting" pair.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 4 months later...

Adam, Eve And Snake

I tried this challenge and It was really fun. This is heavily story and lore based, so you’ll have to be creative.

You’ll need sandbox mode for this, so it doesn’t work in earlier updates. Make three nichelings. Make sure there are 2 males (Adam and Snake) and 1 female (Eve). 

Make sure Adam has matching immunity, body, mouth/muzzle, fur coloring, horn color, pattern color and hind legs, 

Eve is mostly free to create or let the game randomize. She just must have a collecting skill, and can’t have any bat or toxic traits (poison fangs, toxic body, scorpion tail etc.) 

Snake should match the picture perfectly, the only free to change is his body to toxic body and his colors, and blood clotting. He should also have Toxic or bat traits, if you can give him a green toxic body. He must be a boy

Now for Rules:

-Assign a special immunity to him that no other animals have. If he has any children label them as Snake at the end, or change their gem color to red. (My gems are different than normal ones so my pictures may look different. 

-Any animal with Snake’s Special Immunity will go crazy with collecting, collecting any fruits it can (If the icons to collect or orange don’t try to collect) and will collect any fruit in  if they are toxic or cactuses. This applies to anyone in your tribe, not just Snake descendants. 

-If an animal is not snakes descendant or doesn’t have his immunity they can’t collect from any berry bushes (This includes the sticky berry trees/bushes, doesn’t include healing plants or nuts) 

-If Adam is standing next to a berry bush (He has to get the icon to collect from it for this to count) it can’t be collected from until he moves away,

-when Adam has 3 days of life left, he has to pick a protector, who will do his role in protecting berries from being picked. 

-Eve must also pick an heir. She can have up to 3 and can be picked at any time.All heirs to her or Adam are Alphas, any Snake descendants are Omega. 

-Snakes will run if they are in the sight of Adam. They will go after Eve or her heirs 

-If Adam or his heir see a snake/Immunity Snake (Nichelings with Snakes immunity) collecting from a bush, he will go after it and banish it. Only his heirs may do this. Normal  nichelings will avoid collecting from bushes. (In my first playthrough I made a ‘rogue group’ that we’re supporters of Snake and made them ‘battle’ with the other group)

-If you decide to battle between groups you will look at attack and defense. Attack-Defense=damage taken. This whole rule is optional

If you want, you can do punishments for the attack. I think the max defame is 5, the max attack being 14 if I’m correct.

1-3= The nicheling ‘loses’ an activity point and must end the day with one left.

3-6= The nicheling must recover for the day and can’t move anymore that day. If they were already out of activity points they must wait the next day.

6-9=The nicheling dies and can only defend (Can’t hunt rabbits) the tribe and clear bushes.

-The challenge automatically ends if you find Adams home island (I didn’t so I don’t know if that’s even possibly in sandbox mode) or if snakes lineage dies, or his immunity gene goes missing from the tree for 2 generations. 

You can add rules, or take away some to make it harder or easier. 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 years later...

Kitsune/Enfeild challenge

fox challenge for short

Setting:                                                                Kit (newborn) - 3 days

Newtail (1 gem) - 6 days

Youngtail (2 gem) - 6 days

Adulttail (3 gem) - 48 days

-normal-

Enemy damage - 2

Enviroment damage - 3

Hunger damage - 2

Healing - 2

-hard-

All damage - 10

healing - 2

-easy-

normal damage 

healing 10

Roles

Kitsune: yellow gems

Enfeild: orange gems

Chimera: green gems

Harpy: blue gems

Ki-rin/Kelpy: pink gems

Hippogrif: pink/blue gens

Jackalope: yellow/pink gems

Griffin: orange/green gems

Nicheling: pink/blue/green gens

Rules:

Kitsune and Enfeilds are most common

must roll a number from 1-10 for each mating pair and that’s how many babies they will have ( can be broken if having a crisis and need animals )

CANNOT breed 2 different god animals ( exception starting pair)

start with 2 nichelings ( 1 Kitsune/1 Enfeild)

whatever child looks like most will be the type of creature they look like (Ex: Kitsune and Enfeild breed child looks more like Kitsune child is now Kitsune no mix)

later on split the Kitsune and Enfeilds apart on a island

suggestion island would be grass mingle or a bigger island

if you want to move islands you have to go north unless whale island is a option then go to whale island instead

If you find a wondering niche ling that has, let’s say wings then you must change it to whatever god creature it looks like and have it wander around searching for a mate

nichelings are instantly put as omega and every leader of a different species is put as a alpha

the first born of a alpha is going to be the new alpha unless they are sick or don’t look like they are part of family then the next child will be if same things happens so on so fourth.

nichelings are slaves

Looks of each creature:

Kitsunes- they have short/long snout, light colored, medium/ stinky tail

(Note: not all creatures have to look exactly like what they have to look like but it should be around what they should look like to be one of the creatures)

Enfeilds- short/long nose, fox looking, some sorta claw ( optional but recommended to tell a Kitsune and Enfeild apart, also Enfeilds are darker coloring)

Chimera- tan/yellow coloring, fishing tail, bearyena something

Harpy- double wings, light coloring or very colorful coloring( mostly must stay in trees)

Ki-rin- antlers/Savannah horns, long nose, dark coloring

kelpy- a ki-rin with a water genetic ( frog legs, gills, water body, etc.)

Hippogrif- high attack, wings ( does not have to be double) bird beak

Jackalope- looks like rabbits, antlers/any horns, some sort of attack

Griffin- hippogrif but less attack power or none.

nicheling- derp snouts, deformed paw, sick, blind, useless

Extra that I would recommend following but it’s optional:

kitsunes and Enfeilds are omnivores so they may eat whatever they like and by birth a Kitsune or Enfeild are assigned a mate if that mate dies then they may not mate for the rest of their lives

Chimera is a lion creature and so only one male in their tribe, may raise a child that is a male but when they turn 3 gem kick them out. May keep child if leader is about to die. They move around and don’t stay in one place ever unless a female is pregnant then they will let her have her baby then they will leave. Chimeras protect and wait to eat bigger meals suck as bearyena so if a god creature tribe is in danger they will run over and kill the bearyena. May leave pregnant mother if this is case unless less then 3 are in their group. Can only eat meat

Ki-rins are fire type so they control the drought and fires. They live near the water but not to close. If a mother ki-rin gives birth to a water baby the baby will be looked down upon and changed to a kelpy which as the same gems as the ki-rins. Only eat berries and other plant life or insects.

a Kelpy may not leave the water after getting thrown in. They may go right to the shore but the can’t get up onto the land of the shore. Kelpys and ki-rins are allowed to breed but it is looked down upon and the ki-rin is turned to a omega. Kelpys eat whatever they find in the ocean and that’s it

Hippogrif is feared by everyone. They eat mostly the blue birds or some other small rodents but may eat fruits and nuts if necessary.

Jeckolops mostly eat berries but if there is a chance to kill a rabbit than they will take it. Rabbits are known as prey stealing and are really never welcome in their territory.

Griffins wander around also and eat whatever they find, mostly will join the chimeras who don’t really care. Griffins are most likely will be taken deep into the grass lands are wherever you are, far away from the hippogrif family, if they can find their way back without dying then they are welcome and placed as a omega and may only collect food unless they have a good gene then they may breed but only 3 times, very rare accations may happen if all the babies are extremely healthy and good then they may breed a few more times.

all winged creatures breed for life

chimeras breed with any female chimeras suitable

kitsunes and Enfeilds may breed 3-4 time per litter ( roll a dice how many litter they will have this is not for the kits the kits are for how many kits per litter )

ki-rins must find a permanent nest and kelpys can only repair a nest 3 times before having to make a whole new one

jackolope breed and nest on top of burrows and mole holes

Griffins I already explained

no mixing families only exception is starting pair as said in the biggining. 

also if you want to do challenge mode then also add only going to challenge islands and starting on a killer island. Still going to whale island if whale island is found.

Each tribe of creatures must have at least 1 made up god to follow, best god for each tribe to follow would be the starting tribe creature but that’s optional for the follow god thing just at least have 3 main gods you can come up with or find on the internet.

if you think I should add anything to it plz tell me and I’ll add it on here if something does not make sense  again tell me and I’ll explain better if I can!

Sighed Enderling