Stray Fawn Community

Back from the brink

Dinocanid

So my story mode nichelings sort of had a miracle moment.
I made it to whale island and the tribe was making their way towards the north port, stopping a few times to nest and make sure the younger nichelings migrate, until we got utterly wrecked. Some of the babies were coming out sick, which wasn't too bad so I moved the others away and kicked them out. But then bearyenas attacked and quite a few of the nichelings had double digging paws (something I was trying to get rid of) and fail to carry the horn gene the rest had...which means they had no attack to defend themselves with and proceeded to die. Then we got hit with starvation because of low food.
TLDR; I ended up with only 2 male nichelings, both of which were pretty old and only one carrying home immunity.

So I slowed down and tried to stabilize the tribe by moving to the oak tree and collecting nuts to store up food. Then I was able to invite a young male nicheling with one wing and cracker jaw and a female nicheling with platypus beak.
I managed to breed in more babies carrying the home immunity gene, which I'm desperately trying to keep for the home island (I lose it, I restart, bottom line). Unfortunately in the process I ended up with a tribe of water nichelings, losing the precious poison-fanged home island look I wanted.
They all carried the gene recessively however, so by the time I reached the archipelago I once again had poison-fanged nichelings with the home immunity gene (although they all have waterbody, which is fine i guess). I even managed to breed in some horns.
I hope I don't have to run into anymore scares like that again, but somethings tells me I will lol. I just want to reach the home island with the immunity gene so my tribe isn't an outsider when they get there. I know I'll have huge issues with the snow islands though, I tried in sandbox and as soon as the snow piles up we starve and get ambushed by predators :\

• Like 4

Hope you survive to Adam's Home Island! :) Once, on a sandbox tribe I had been going for a while and had a bunch of creatures that were mostly reddish with masks and ram horns. I proceeded to the next island, only for my males to pass away unexpectedly of old age. Luckily, the island was home to probably about 8 Rouge Males, and the first one showed up quite quickly. I rushed all my females to go and breed with them, resulting in some derp-snouted creatures. (They still have some albinism in them too)This actually was really good, because I only had a few creatures that I had bred antlers into their recessives from a wanderer, and after the rogue male island, my whole tribe had antlers! (I STILL haven't unlocked them in the mutation menu, but the whole tribe still has them! :D) Basically, I put my Ram-Horned creatures in one side of the Rouge-Male-Machine, and some Deer creatures came out the other end :) 

• Like 1

For a straight home island run I recommend around 1000-1500 food then you never have to worry about that as long as you keep your population between 20-30 (the occassional 40 isn't bad) and don't stay to long on islands with less food :)

Also glad your tribe made it :D I had these scares mainly in earlier versions of the game. I hope you manage to find your way to home island with the immunity :D

• Like 1