Stray Fawn Community

Rogue Females / Lonely Ladies

MysticTopaz

This suggestion is pretty cut and dry and like a year old, but oh well xD

Like Rogue Males, there could be Lonely Ladies who carry similar genes as Rogue Males, mate with your male nichelings, and steal nests like dodomingos in order to have those babies, which will then either become Lonely Ladies or Rogue Males depending on their gender, though they will follow her around in the tile behind her like a bearyena and her cub until they're old enough to wander away. Rogue Males and Lonely Ladies won't mate with each other, though; just your nichelings. Also if you leave a baby unattended, the Lonely Ladies will take them away, and the baby will follow her around like her own Rogue/Lonely baby, but instead of going Rogue/Lonely once they're adults, they'll turn into Wanderers that you can invite into your tribe. If you want to take your baby back before then, like immediately after she steals it away, then you'll have to kill her.

• Like 17

14 replies to this post

5 minutes ago, MysticTopaz said:

Unattended is the same rules that apply to Bluebirds; the baby doesn't have a nicheling of two gems or older in an adjacent tile. If they are attended, they can't be taken away. If they are stolen and you want them back, as I said in my post, they can be taken back if you kill the thief. And like Rogue Males, the Lonely Ladies won't mate with a Spiky Bodied male.

Ah, okay.
I know they can be taken back, but I was thinking of looser rules for getting back the baby, like simply approaching it (I mean, surely they would choose their parents over an ugly, derp-snouted hag right?). I was thinking that lonely ladies could become aggressive once the steals a baby to balance the "reclaim by approach", since I think she would be determined to keep it.
Lonely ladies not mating with spiky bodied males is good, but you would then need to watch both your males and females. My main concern would be the domino affect this causes:

• LL mates with one of your males
  • Either steals a nest or an unclaimed one to have the baby
  • The baby grows up to be either another RM or LL
  • That's one more rogue to watch out for (or more, since I assume there's more than one lonely lady on the island)
  • Rinse and repeat for an isle o' rogues

I personally wouldn't want to deal with it, but maybe they could only appear on killer islands (or hard and above?). I think rogue males only appear on medium islands and above, or at least that's what I've noticed. I feel like being bombarded with lonely ladies and rogue males the moment you leave your grassy starter island might be a bit much and frustrating. 

• Like 8

7 minutes ago, Dinocanid said:

Nice idea! But....uh....it seems extremely invasive lol.
I can find myself getting annoyed super quickly with them when they start stealing my nests and babies, especially if they're as common as rogue males are. (Aww man, then the island would begin to be overun with rouges if unchecked wouldn't it?)
What would make a baby unattended? As in an adult isn't in the adjacent tile?
You should be able to get your baby back immediately after she steals it away, since I find it weird that the babies would be A-OK with leaving their tribe forever to be raised by a complete stranger xD 
Maybe if an adult is around the baby it can't be stolen, regardless if a lonely lady approaches them, that seems like the most fair route. I mean, stranger danger man.

Unattended is the same rules that apply to Bluebirds; the baby doesn't have a nicheling of two gems or older in an adjacent tile. If they are attended, they can't be taken away. If they are stolen and you want them back, as I said in my post, they can be taken back if you kill the thief. And like Rogue Males, the Lonely Ladies won't mate with a Spiky Bodied male.

I like the "becoming aggressive" idea; let's go with that! ^u^ Also I do understand that this would make the game a LOT harder, so I'm perfectly fine with LL's only appearing on Hard Islands and above, for that added challenge. Maybe they'd still have a low spawn-rate even on Hard islands, so that once you get to the Killer Islands they'll have just as high a spawn rate as RM's and be a bigger challenge.

I think they should be called rogue females for consistency, and I like the idea that they would steal your unattended baby nichelings. This would work well with a new carrying mechanic, as suggested in the Niche Scruff Carrying thread. Since baby nichelings are helpless, they would not be able to stop a rogue female from carrying them away, and could only be saved by teens or adults. If a rogue female succeeds in stealing a baby nicheling, they would leave your tribe and become wild, opening up the possibility of encountering them again the future. I think this would complement rogue males, who impregnate your female nichelings with unwanted children, whereas rogue females would steal the children you do want.

• Like 1

i like this idea, could inadvertently get the whole "There's another tribe sharing this island with you" feel from it. And you could even intentionally leave behind rouge-born children for the rouge females to pick up and take care of!

• Like 5

I like the idea of rogue females that can steal babies, but not so much the idea of them breeding with your males to make more rogues. Rogue males at least have the benefit of bringing newer genes into your tribe, but females would literally only increase the number of hazards down the line and use valuable turns that could be used for gathering food or fending off predators.

But on the note of them stealing babies and becoming hostile, it would likely then need to be the case that they have at least one gene to make them a possible threat.

Nice idea! But....uh....it seems extremely invasive lol.
I can find myself getting annoyed super quickly with them when they start stealing my nests and babies, especially if they're as common as rogue males are. (Aww man, then the island would begin to be overun with rouges if unchecked wouldn't it?)
What would make a baby unattended? As in an adult isn't in the adjacent tile?
You should be able to get your baby back immediately after she steals it away, since I find it weird that the babies would be A-OK with leaving their tribe forever to be raised by a complete stranger xD 
Maybe if an adult is around the baby it can't be stolen, regardless if a lonely lady approaches them, that seems like the most fair route. I mean, stranger danger man.

• Like 3

On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2018 at 3:04 AM, TamTroll said:

i like this idea, could inadvertently get the whole "There's another tribe sharing this island with you" feel from it. And you could even intentionally leave behind rouge-born children for the rouge females to pick up and take care of!

Exactly! 8D

OH. MY. GOD.

LIKE, A YEAR AGO I WAS THINKING THIS EXACT SAME THING, BUT I DIDNT THINK ABOUT IT TOO MUCH I THOUGHT IT WAS STUPID.

NOW THAT IM THINKING ABOUT IT THIS IS ACTUALLY A GOOD IDEA