Stray Fawn Community

No Ear

Sheireen

Many animals (snakes, birds, frogs, basically anything that is not a mammal or marsupial) have no visible outer ear

So why do all Nichelings need auricles?

They don't.

I suggest an ear type that just isn't a visible ear. It would obviously have less hearing than normal ears but other benefits instead, like aqua/aerodynamic.
It could give +1 on swimming and flying because of less air/water resistance and maybe a little cold resitance, too, bacause a lot of heat goes away over the ears but that is not the main focus of this

• Like 2

3 replies to this post

@DinocanidI think better swimming as well as better smelling maybe? Because fish and stuff don't have these big outer ears not sure how good their sense of smelling is though^^ So In my opinion it would make sense that it gave better swimming or aerodynamics :)

Upvoted!
I think better smelling makes more sense than swimming, since snakes have excellent smell (it mostly from their tongues but....)
Heat resistance instead of cold makes more sense too, since birds amphibians, and reptiles don't do well in the cold at all, except mostly birds of brey.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dinocanid said:

Upvoted!
I think better smelling makes more sense than swimming, since snakes have excellent smell (it mostly from their tongues but....)
Heat resistance instead of cold makes more sense too, since birds amphibians, and reptiles don't do well in the cold at all, except mostly birds of brey.

yeah, these are good arguments too
I'm really not sure what stats would be best for it

the main reason I want this is because I had this little girl 5b00cf8f7bbbb_2018-05-2003_27_35-Sheireen-StrayFawnCommunity.png.00cad61777b1d283cab16f1ffb1a99ed.png and thought "these ears look cute, but somehow weird with that beak"

• Like 1