Jump to content
Stray Fawn Community
  • 26

Savannah Predator: Liotah


MysticTopaz
 Share

Post

From "Lion" and "Cheetah", this stealthy speedster of a predator is native to the Savannah and Oasis biomes. And maybe Grass Mingle? Eh, I'll let the devs choose if they decide they want this predator in the game xD 

Liotah.png.da27fd3ecfede92f6587ab3c453a7afe.png

The Liotah is an agile hunter; it might not be as powerful as some, but it can move every three turns, rather than only once a day like other predators. Liotahs are solitary creatures, like Bearyenas, so you only ever have to deal with one at a time- unless you're super unlucky and more than one spawns nearby. In that case, sorry for your luck xD However, also like Bearyenas, a Liotah Cub will occasionally spawn next to their mother, and you can make it friendly by killing the mom and feeding the cub. Once the cub is an adult, you can breed with it and get these stats: 

 

Liotah Snout: +1 Strength, +2 Smelling, +Purring [instead of the 'sideburns' on normal male niche heads, this head has top and back of head 'mane']
Liotah Body: +3 Speed, +2 Heat Resistance [the long brown fluff 'mane' on the chest and back is for males]
Liotah Tail: +1 Speed
Liotah Legs: +2 Speed, +1 Strength, +1 Swimming
Liotah Hind Legs: +2 Speed, +1 Strength, +1 Swimming
Sharp Eyes: +3 Sight. [They're solid colors with a black slit pupil]
Yellow Fur Color
No Pattern or Pattern Color

 

Disclaimer: The original Liotah idea belongs to mah buddeh RedKnight!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

15 replies to this post

Recommended Posts

  • 6

I really like the idea of a savannah predator considering how bare it is right now, but I have a problem with the hybrid genes. I have no problem with there being hybrid genes, but the ones you suggested just seem a little too overpowered. Maybe dial it down a bit for some of them like no purring for the snout or no swimming for the legs.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
1 hour ago, Lilytuft said:

Maybe it could have a liotah mane gene?

 

I briefly explained in my post that the Liotah Body and Liotah Head had gender dimorphism and look different from normal manes, so yeah, it's a thing, just not a 'mane gene', because, as far as I know, there is no such thing as a 'mane gene'.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
7 minutes ago, MysticTopaz said:

I briefly explained in my post that the Liotah Body and Liotah Head had gender dimorphism and look different from normal manes, so yeah, it's a thing, just not a 'mane gene', because, as far as I know, there is no such thing as a 'mane gene'.

But if mane genes got added, it would be a really nice mane gene, that could only be accessed by breeding with a liotah. But if it doesn't get added, your idea is really nice too :). I was just thinking of a fun way these ideas could work together!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
Just now, Lilytuft said:

But if mane genes got added, it would be a really nice mane gene, that could only be accessed by breeding with a liotah. But if it doesn't get added, your idea is really nice too :). I was just thinking of a fun way these ideas could work together!

True, very true; if they do add different mane genes, I could see Liotah Mane being a thing~

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
On 5/19/2018 at 9:20 PM, MysticTopaz said:

Liotah Snout: +1 Strength, +2 Smelling, +Purring [instead of the 'sideburns' on normal male niche heads, this head has top and back of head 'mane']

this should also give one attack

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 0
On 5/19/2018 at 9:20 PM, MysticTopaz said:

From "Lion" and "Cheetah", this stealthy speedster of a predator is native to the Savannah and Oasis biomes. And maybe Grass Mingle? Eh, I'll let the devs choose if they decide they want this predator in the game xD 

Liotah.png.da27fd3ecfede92f6587ab3c453a7afe.png

The Liotah is an agile hunter; it might not be as powerful as some, but it can move every three turns, rather than only once a day like other predators. Liotahs are solitary creatures, like Bearyenas, so you only ever have to deal with one at a time- unless you're super unlucky and more than one spawns nearby. In that case, sorry for your luck xD However, also like Bearyenas, a Liotah Cub will occasionally spawn next to their mother, and you can make it friendly by killing the mom and feeding the cub. Once the cub is an adult, you can breed with it and get these stats: 

 

Liotah Snout: +1 Strength, +2 Smelling, +Purring [instead of the 'sideburns' on normal male niche heads, this head has top and back of head 'mane']
Liotah Body: +3 Speed, +2 Heat Resistance [the long brown fluff 'mane' on the chest and back is for males]
Liotah Tail: +1 Speed
Liotah Legs: +2 Speed, +1 Strength, +1 Swimming
Liotah Hind Legs: +2 Speed, +1 Strength, +1 Swimming
Sharp Eyes: +3 Sight. [They're solid colors with a black slit pupil]
Yellow Fur Color
No Pattern or Pattern Color

 

Disclaimer: The original Liotah idea belongs to mah buddeh RedKnight!

This is great! 

I know this is almost two years old but can I make a few suggestions?

  1. Instead of bright yellow fur colour it should be beige (otherwise you'd get a lot of banana creatures) 
  2. The hindlegs are a little over powered (compare to bearyena hindlegs)
  3. The sharp eyes are a little over powered
    1. Perhaps they'd only give +1 sight in every biome other than savvanah?
  4. The forelegs would require webbed paw to be balanced
    1. Perhaps they shouldn't give swimming?
  5. The body should give a little stealth 
  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...