Stray Fawn Community

Tree Guarding Predator: Bearowl

MysticTopaz

A mix of "Bear" and "Owl", these predators are like the warm weather versions of Balance Bears, but with a twist!

Bearowl.png.fb9c7ccb6c04e91fd1a5ca718ef02a6a.png

They generally spawn near a tree and stay near that tree, attacking anything that gets near. Sometimes a baby will spawn with the Bearowl, but otherwise they are solitary. Breed with a friendly Bearowl to get these stats:

Bearowl Head: +1 Strength, +2 Smelling
Bearowl Paws: +1 Strength, +1 Gathering.
Bearowl Hind Legs: +1 Sight, +2 Speed, +1 Swimming.
Bearowl Tailfeathers: +1 Flying
Farsighted Eyes: can't see the tiles right in front of them, but can see +3 after that.
Inner Ears: +2 Hearing [looks like there are no ears]
Big Body
Moss Brown Fur Color
No Pattern or Pattern Color

• Like 2

6 replies to this post

My only issue is the whole breeding with it thing, why do we need more hybrid creatures?

We can breed with the bearyena because they were the first non-nicheling creature to be introduced to the game, and it's not too out there to assume that the two share a relatively recent common ancestor, hence the interbreeding.

breeding with bearowls, tigles, or orcolfs though just seems strange and a bit too complicated. There is such a thing as having too many options after all. Personally i'd rather keep things simple and leave the hybrid species to just the bearyena. MAAAYBE one other? but something that could still be reasonably assumed to be relatively close to the Nichelinges genetically. (Can't exactly see a real life wolf getting it on with a Komodo Dragon any time soon after all.)

long story short, like the creature, not so much being able to breed with it though.

• Like 1

I'm kind of in the same boat as @TamTroll .

However, I do want more hybrids than just the bearyena, I always have. I'd be happy with orcolf and ramfox hybrids, since it even says on the wiki that ramfoxes could be distant relatives of nichelings  (whether or not this is true I don't know). The other animals make less sense as hybrids though, but as predators they would be good.

13 hours ago, Dinocanid said:

I'm kind of in the same boat as @TamTroll .

However, I do want more hybrids than just the bearyena, I always have. I'd be happy with orcolf and ramfox hybrids, since it even says on the wiki that ramfoxes could be distant relatives of nichelings  (whether or not this is true I don't know). The other animals make less sense as hybrids though, but as predators they would be good.

To be honest, I made all of these /possibly/ breedable because I genuinely don't believe my ideas will be implemented, and if so then maybe only one out of all of them, so that's why I made them all possibly breedable, because really, you'd only get one anyway, and the rest are just scraps. Because I've played sooo many hours of this game that more hybrids I think would help spice things up. Gives me more genes to hunt down.