Stray Fawn Community

Triplets

ChasingNyx

Okay, so, I got an idea for triplets being possible!

Soooo, people and animals usually can die of bleeding out during birth or other complications, right? So what if a female in like the last 5 days of her life with 6/6 fertility had a chance to give birth to triplets, but she would die afterwards! I know it could suck for various reasons, but not every birth can be clean cut and have the mother live. I think instead of the mother still being there, the third baby would be in her spot. I don't know, I think a possibility of triplets would be sooo cool! 

Edit: So here's another thing: If the female has been bred 3 or more times before the last 5 days, she should have a chance to live. The higher amount of previous children she has, the more she should be able to survive. I say this because it was proven after a few kids women have easier time giving birth and not having complications. (At least in the old days.)

As a side note, heres an addon idea; Any sickly female from any breeding age with 6/6 fertility has the chance to give birth to triplets, because of her weak immunitites she is more susceptible to having birth complications.

• Like 6

7 replies to this post

I'm not sure about the dying part. After all, a lot of mammals have 3 or more children in a single litter often without dying. For example: cats, dogs, foxes and basically all rodents.

But, I like the idea of triplets. 

So if the parents had 6 and 6 fertility, there would be about a 10% chance for three children. If they had 5 and 6 there would be a 5% chance. If they had 5 and 5 or 6 and 4 there would be a 1% chance.

• Like 2

On 12/3/2019 at 1:33 PM, Mulan the Cat said:

I'm not sure about the dying part. After all, a lot of mammals have 3 or more children in a single litter often without dying. For example: cats, dogs, foxes and basically all rodents.

I think the idea is that Nichelings usually have one to two children, so more children than normal is dangerous. Like, horses usually have one baby and I think when they have twins its pretty dangerous for all three.

• Like 1