Stray Fawn Community

Rogue male cannibalism

HiddenFlower345

7 replies to this post

Maybe this could be turned off/on in settings (or if the Sandbox options idea gets added, it would be one of those), or maybe just something that happens on harder islands (i.e. not on Easy).

• Like 1

I don't see a problem there for people saying it would be bad or more challenging on the island where we find rogue males we usually also find the blue bird so we have to guard our children anyway. So it wouldn't really change much. Though I still like the idea for them to be an alternate kind of rogue.

Tthe rogues would not kill their own children though, would make no sense but probably make it harder to implement.

• Like 1

There is the potential for this to be exploited, but I am not against it. Personally what I would do is actively try to get my females to mate with any that showed evidence of being an "aggressive male," and any offspring that didn't turn out well I just leave to them. I would focus only on protecting my own. For more something more common and more threatening perhaps, I suggest an elaboration that the aggressive male only attacks those that are not his own, or lack a certain genetic similarity. While this is ideal gameplay-wise, however, I suspect programming for something like that would be a bear. 

So either you have something exploitable, or you have something that might be more work than it is worth programming-wise, I don't know anything about programming so that is just a personal suspicion. 

• Like 1

I am early to this post, but I think it would be realistic. Like, think of it as male lions killing off another male lion's offspring so theirs have more chance to thrive. Upvote for the road! (Though it could be hell.)

• Like 5