Stray Fawn Community

Flying Squirroo​🐿️

Lilytuft

This animal is a combination of a flying squirrel and a tree kangaroo. It also has a few squirrel traits in it. It's the size of a rabbil.

It spawns in any tree that isn't in any nicheling's sight range. It can be found in any island. It has three colour options:

5b043c84d9b0e_Flyingsquingaroo.png.ea7643e8ed07571b3ca4b997d66fa1a2.png

These colours were picked from real pictures. The first and second ones are from tree kangaroos and the third one is from a flying squirrel.

Colour info:

Their colour depends on the tree type they spawnwed in or their parent's colour. In very rare chance they can be albino

• 🌳 Oak trees -> grey-brown
  • 🍃 Aspen trees -> grey-brown
  • 🌲  Pine trees -> silver
  • 🌿 Jungle trees -> grey-brown
  • 🌾 Mangrove trees -> grey-brown
  • 🌴 Coconut trees -> gold
  • 🍂 Acasia trees -> gold
  • 🍁 Home island trees -> gold

Movement:

It glides from tree to tree every night. It can glide to any tree on the island. They eat during the day.

Hunthing:

Only flying nichelings can hunt them. You only need 1 attack to kill them. They drop 3 food. Bluebirds can catch them.

Reproduction & Lifespan:

If it survives for five days, a baby will appear to it's pouch. Three days after that, the baby is fullgrown and glides to a different tree than it's mother. The mom can reproduce again after five days. The child can have their first offspring at the age of eight days. They have a lifespan of 20 days.

Apetite:

Every time you move, they eat one nut/coconut/fruit from the tree they are on, until it's empty. They can also reach berries from a bush, if it's next to their tree. If any egg-laying birds get added, they can steal their eggs.

Abilities:

• infinite gliding xD
  • 2 collecting
  • 1 cracking
  • 2 hearing
  • 4 eyesight
  • 3 smelling

Spore pictures proveded to you by @orinz

CRE_-1caa8240_sml.jpg.3e847f7cd41b27b4b344ccba3f590fe3.jpgCRE_-1caa823f_ful.thumb.png.d24f6e95b3b409d528afe527dcea375a.pngCRE_Squiroo-1caa8245_ful.png

• Like 6
  • Love 2

19 replies to this post

Just now, 1_CattAttack_1 said:

How about a Squirroo? xD (It'd probably be pronounced Skurr-oo)

Thank you! I'll think about using it!

OH MY GOSH IT'S SO CUTE!!!

I like the color variants- maybe they're depending on the type of island? Gold for savannah/archipelago/whale island, grey for swamp/jungle/home island, and blue for everything else? <3

Also maybe it could be Kangauirrel [pronounced Kanga-whirl]? :D 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, MysticTopaz said:

OH MY GOSH IT'S SO CUTE!!!

I like the color variants- maybe they're depending on the type of island? Gold for savannah/archipelago/whale island, grey for swamp/jungle/home island, and blue for everything else? <3

Also maybe it could be Kangauirrel [pronounced Kanga-whirl]? :D 

First of all, thanks!

That colour idea is very good, it might help their camoflauge. Also you gave me an idea! No way! You gave me another idea! xD

Name added to the list!

By the way, there is already an animal that is almost exactly like this in real life.

Sugar gliders appear a lot like flying squirrels, but they are in the marsupial family, not the rodent family like flying squirrels. They have pouches that they use to carry their young for their first few weeks of life like your squirroo. Other than that, just by appearance, the two would seem to be very closely related, but the similar skin flaps between their fore and hind legs that allow for gliding are the result of convergent evolution.

Sugar gliders live only in Australia, have opposable thumbs, and live much longer than flying squirrels - 10 to 15 years. They also do not have the squirrel's eternally growing teeth and are much smaller than the squirrel.

• Like 3

cool, i also have a similar idea for more hybrid generating species as well to give the climbing ability and the "marsupial body" gene which one of them is a squirrel kangaroo creature but the difference that mine is not a flying squirrel and has the same height as a avarage sized adult kangaroo compared to yours. :)

• Like 1

What about having nests in the trees that they come from? Nichelings will have to be able to share a tile with them. Also, instead of gold what about reddish gold or red and gold?  Perhaps they could also eat from smelly fruit trees and friendly carnivorous plants or eat nuts? 

• Like 2

Guest SilverTheNicheling

owo there’s a silver variant I hear? Well that’s just good enough for me! I’m upvoting it!

(jk, I’ll read it all for ya xD)

I would like to take the time to say that these are ADORABLE and I NEED THEM IN MY LIFE preferably now, but not necessarily 

also, I kinda want to draw one... 

edit: I actually had this upvoted for a while now, I just hadn’t commented on it until now 😅

• Like 1