Stray Fawn Community

Construction UI

Lurkily

Logic can get confusing as hell.  I'd like to be able to open an info panel (Optional, like center of gravity) that shows me ALL assigned keys, and if I select that key, highlights all blocks using it as an input or output.

I'd like to be able to assign units to 'families' so that large arrays can share a value. (For example, large sensor arrays sharing a range.) 

I'd also like to be able to assign an input and output to things that isn't a key.  The ship I'm currently working on has multiple segments, each of which need independent thrust and independent hinge control, and I'm running out of keys.  Thus I could assign output 10 and input 10 to a thruster and sensor, despite neither of them actually needing a key assignment.

let us drop/unconnect grouped objects outside the circle field but not let us save and exit/ use the bot, (a warning msg would be useful) also on mac command r for redo would be stellar, ty.  8)

I have mixed feelings about this.  I have so often been blindsided by not being able to place an object that I am constantly hitting your same problem.  However, seeing what's not properly connected would be a problem in a dense build.  I'd actually prefer to fix these issues immediately, than have to click out a warning, or possibly miss a warning if I don't have to click it. 

What shading things with a red outline while out of connection range, and shading a green outline around every part it can connect to?  This'd give a clear indication that you need to connect a new part before placing it, AND indicate every part within reach of it when you carry it where you want to place it.

let us drop/unconnect grouped objects outside the circle field but not let us save and exit/ use the bot, (a warning msg would be useful) also on mac command r for redo would be stellar, ty.  8)

KSP allows this in a way.  I would like to be able to drop sections outside the circle and when save/exit they just get dropped from the save.  that way you kind of have a temp save spot for complicated sections you may want to rebuild

KSP allows this in a way.  I would like to be able to drop sections outside the circle and when save/exit they just get dropped from the save.  that way you kind of have a temp save spot for complicated sections you may want to rebuild
I would be cool with that.  Just warn us before we close out that things are floppy, and clearly indicate things that aren't connected.  This would also help me figure out what the center of balance of my drone will be after cutting loose disconnecting parts, without deleting them and using CTRL-Z.

You'd still need some UI element to indicate when an object would be disconnected if we dropped it there, I think.