Stray Fawn Community

Grappling Hook/contact magnet/rope

Fire209

A rope block that you can lower and raise through two buttons, maybe the rope just goes through objects to make it easier. A direct magnet/grappling hook thing that allows you to latch onto terrain and other objects, but only those it is in contact with. Maybe a glue block that you can set to a specific type of object like terrain or metal objects?

This would allow for you to build better collector builds, allowing for easier completion or collection of the scraps, bio barrels, and red material boxes.

• Like 7

17 replies to this post

Works similarly to a spring, except it’s a cable. It doesn’t have to have fancy graphics. In my mind it is just like a connector that can change its length and rotate, but can’t get longer than the length that it started at. It would likely replace chains of free hinges. I don’t know if that made any sense. Maybe also make it a winch so that it’s max length can be adjusted.

1 hour ago, Lurkily said:

So basically a free hinge with a connection of adjustable length?

Yeah. Kind of. Except the length isn’t just adjustable. It acts as if it weren’t there, so that two connected drones can move independently of each other, but they can’t go farther than an certain length away from each other. Free hinges have a set length, so things attached to them can only move in a circle around it.

Works similarly to a spring, except it’s a cable. It doesn’t have to have fancy graphics. In my mind it is just like a connector that can change its length and rotate, but can’t get longer than the length that it started at. It would likely replace chains of free hinges. I don’t know if that made any sense. Maybe also make it a winch so that it’s max length can be adjusted.

Two drones could be connected by it, and they couldn’t go outside of a certain distance from each other, and that distance can be changed in game. Other than that, the two drones ignore each other.

Edited by Lurkily
Originally a separate topic - merged to join this one.

Thanks.  I'll find that and anything similar and try to pull them together.

Just FYI, I'm trying to merge each topic into the one with the most votes.

If you voted on a topic I merged, but didn't vote on the original, consider re-adding your vote.