Stray Fawn Community

Bearyena problem

Snowy Owl

i started on tiny green, and shortly after starting a Bearyena appeared, i had to start anew because my starter male lost most of his life because he was attacked trying to save his tribe, and did not have much kids plus we where running out of food.

new save, Bearyena again with a baby one but still, so now i have given up on playing for a while in fear for it to happen again.

why do i get them so early, and on an easy island? 

i started on tiny green because i thought they are less common there, but they come before i can properly establish a tribe. 

Just bad luck.

Try starting in Peaceful meadow! Just bad luck. Try clearing out as much of the grass as you can and have your female gathering food between babyhaving. Your babies can focuse in these two things.

but if i do that i seem to have a rogue male/wanderer  invasion 

that is why i started to start on tiny green, that and the fact that there where no nests or berry bushes nearby 

I alwys think of the bearyenas as more of a meal than a danger! Also Rogue males are possible to avoid! Just keep trying and you'll get over the beginning!

when your armed they are food, but when you just begin most are not, with luck you can decently defend yourself 

i was lucky that my starter male had a claw because no we had no active horns and one attack is useless against a bearyena if you want to live 

and they came when i barely had 2 kids one in the nest the other 1 gem 

I think it's bad luck as well. I've never had issues with a bearyena killing my starters since I breed them as soon as they grow up and gang up on any predators that appear. I also never experienced any rogue males on tiny green, are you sure it's not a bug? I know there are some easy islands where they don't appear at all.

no, no rogue males on tiny green. i have them early on, i begin on peaceful meadow, but the thing is i have the bearyena's a lot on tiny green, or at least every time i play on it.

tiny green despite it's name is not so tiny as i can de grass it in 1 2 3 so every so often in my last time i played longer, which was a week or so ago, they kept coming back until i was to the north of the island and it was almost grass free,i had 2 friendly bearyena and even unlocked all the bearyena genes thanks to that

the other grisly visitors not counting 

later when i had a big tribe the bearyena's where no trouble but when you have no means of defence or nichlings you can miss.....

I get bearyenas every time I play tiny green too (or pretty much every island except snow ones). They show up every few turns for me.
Degrassing the whole island isn't really necessary, you only really need to clear the spot where you nest so you're not caught off-guard. If you're starting with the same bloodline each time, then you should probably breed in some nichelings with higher attack since it seems like otherwise they're just sitting ducks for whatever happens to come by. Once I was unlucky enough to end up with quite a few nichelings with 0 attack, it was not pretty for them. It also helps that you move every capable nicheling to an aggressive bearyena to attack it, since they never seem to attack the same nicheling twice in a row if surrounded (at least in my experience). You can get much more hits in that way, and you don't have to worry about sending a lone hero to defend the tribe. Once you reach about 5 nichelings, the surround method works wonders.

You're just super unlucky. This happened to me a handful of times, but it's generally an uncommon occurrence. It's just how and when things choose to spawn. It sucks to be on the negative side, but it happens. As far as rogue males are you sure they're showing up on Peaceful Meadow? I've never seen one on that island type. The new update may have changed this, (though I haven't seen them there yet) but I thought only Grass Adventure and maybe Archipelago (can't say for sure as I don't really play the latter) had them. Perhaps I've just been lucky.

I had this happen to me with my last tribe too. Funny thing as I had not cleared out any grass at all we just hid in the grass, both my starters had moss brown fur so we had good camouflage. The bearyena didn't attack just ran after a wanderer and left us alone.

Furthermore the bearyenas seem weird in the 1.1.1 update anyway (not sure if you play in the update or not) as they rarely attack my tribe and rather run away.

yes i play on 1.1.1 update and lucky you

i can assume that it is normal that they run from toxic body? maybe it is a bit similar in the case of hiding?

and it might have not been Peaceful Meadow i had rogue males on as it had been awhile since i went there 

On 5/24/2018 at 11:10 AM, Snowy Owl said:

yes i play on 1.1.1 update and lucky you

i can assume that it is normal that they run from toxic body? maybe it is a bit similar in the case of hiding?

and it might have not been Peaceful Meadow i had rogue males on as it had been awhile since i went there 

They also run away when I am not hiding and I have no toxic body. I really had to hunt them from time to time ^^